Re: MOVE (rather than copy) sent items

Thinking more about it, can I do a rule to copy sent items NOT containing a
specific word in the TO field?

John

"John Nice" <johnDOTniceATbtinternetDOTcom> wrote in message news:...
> Hallo Diane, many thanks for the response.   I have autoarchive set to
> clean out items older than 1 day and to permanently delete them, but
> nothing happens.  The copy rule works fine:  I just wanted to do this with
> some sensitive mail and let the rest go to the sent folder for manual
> filing  I guess I could do a rule to copy everything else to, for example,
> a misc sent folder.
>
> John
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> if you want to move items with an after sending rule, you need to disable
>> the option to save sent items (in tools, options, email options).  If you
>> do this set up a rule to copy the items you want moved and if there are
>> some you want left in sent items, create a second rule with no conditions
>> and save to the folder of your choice.
>>
>> How often is autoarchive set to run?  (tools, options, other,
>> autoarchive)
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>> your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>

>> "John Nice" <johnDOTniceATbtinternetDOTcom> wrote in message
>>> Afternoon all
>>>
>>> I'm using OL 2003 on XP Pro XP3 patched up to date.  I wish to set up a
>>> rule to move certain sent items directly to a folder.  However, it
>>> appears that the items can only be copied, with the original left in the
>>> Sent folder.  I have set archive characteristics for Sent to empty every
>>> day, but it doesn't.
>>>
>>> Any help gratefully received.
>>>
>>> Happy Christmas
>>>
>>> John
>>>

>> ---
>> avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
>> Virus Database (VPS): 081224-0, 24/12/2008
>> Tested on: 12/24/2008 18:20:16

John

Yes. You'll use an exception.

Move all messages (don't choose a condition) to My New Sent Folder except if
sent to microsoft (cancel the dialog that tries to resolve the word as an
address if needed).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> Thinking more about it, can I do a rule to copy sent items NOT containing
> a specific word in the TO field?
>
> John
>
> "John Nice" <johnDOTniceATbtinternetDOTcom> wrote in message news:...
>> Hallo Diane, many thanks for the response.   I have autoarchive set to
>> clean out items older than 1 day and to permanently delete them, but
>> nothing happens.  The copy rule works fine:  I just wanted to do this
>> with some sensitive mail and let the rest go to the sent folder for
>> manual filing  I guess I could do a rule to copy everything else to, for
>> example, a misc sent folder.
>>
>> John
>>

>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> if you want to move items with an after sending rule, you need to
>>> disable the option to save sent items (in tools, options, email
>>> options).  If you do this set up a rule to copy the items you want moved
>>> and if there are some you want left in sent items, create a second rule
>>> with no conditions and save to the folder of your choice.
>>>
>>> How often is autoarchive set to run?  (tools, options, other,
>>> autoarchive)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>
>>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>>> your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>>

>>> "John Nice" <johnDOTniceATbtinternetDOTcom> wrote in message

>>> ---
>>> avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
>>> Virus Database (VPS): 081224-0, 24/12/2008
>>> Tested on: 12/24/2008 18:20:16
>>> avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software.

outlookmvp (5838)

Outlook Contacts: 1 item out of sync
I'm just now getting down to organising my contacts, and learning how to use the Contacts app. I have about 20 contacts set up and they appear in both Outlook 2002 Contacts and on my Pocket PC (in both the built-in Contacts app and in the Pocket Informant version). All except just one entry, which persists in Outlook despite having been deleted on my PPC. I can see nothing distinctive about it. Is there some likely explanation I've missed please? Obviously, my next step will be to delete it directly from Outlook, but I'm curious to know why it's not syncing. Meanwhile I've...

Mailbox moves to Ex2003 don't remove 5.5 mailbox
I have moved several hundred mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000 to an Exchange 2003 SP1 server running on Windows 2003 without any issues. However, lately I have moved two mailboxes (seperately) and have run into a problem. The Move Mailbox wizard shows a successful move and the mailbox does appear in the Exchange 2003 server, but the mailbox also appears in the Exchange 5.5 server. So, there are two mailboxes for a single account. I have reviewed article 299473 which seems to describe what is happening (although I have not used Replmon.exe to confirm this...

Duplication of Item on Sales Receipt.
Has anyone experienced this...and have a solution for it: Staff scan in customer purchase of an item. Screen shows the amount due Staff receives payment, as shown on screen. Sales Receipt is produced. The receipt shows the item twice, and the price increase to reflect this duplication. This also relieves our inventory of an item that has not been sold. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks marwat This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01B3_01C6D8B2.8B1DC480 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quote...

moving the pub1 and priv1 databases
I want to move my databases to a different hard drive on my exchange server due to the lack of space on the current hard drive. In Exchange 5.5 this was easy to do, however in Exchange 2000 I can't seem to find out how to do it Any suggestions? see this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257184 "robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3E2428E-2511-499C-836D-891E82F5D815@microsoft.com... > I want to move my databases to a different hard drive on my exchange server due to the lack of space on the current hard drive. In...

HOw do I get my sent items to appear on the day that I send them
How do I get my sent items to appear on the day that I send them. How do they appear now? Are you filtering your view of your Sent Items folder? -- Kathleen Orland "celeste" <celeste@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A277EB9-348B-4504-9B06-EB552DA44362@microsoft.com... > How do I get my sent items to appear on the day that I send them. > ...

Copying from one workbook to another, without taking the name of the 1st workbook with it.
I am trying to copy from one workbook to another and when I paste the copied sheet into the new workbook, the cells refer to the name of the first workbook and I want to take that out before I paste into the new workbook. Anyone know how to get around this? Hi! If you are copying a whole sheet from one workbook to another, use th copy sheet dialogue box. (Edit>Move or copy sheet..) Remember to check Create a copy and select the workbook to copy to fro the upper dropdown box. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jenny You can do this Select all cells Use replace ...

changing accounts for sent emails
I am using Outlook 2000 with my laptop. I receive and send email from two differents accounts. One is for work, the other is for personal email. The default send is for the work account. I know to change the send account using the options choice on the toolbar, however, I frequently forget to do that. Is there a way to either: 1) display the name of the from: account when composing the email (which I usually do with Microsoft Word) so that I can more easily remember to change the account or 2) associate some contacts preferentially with the non-default account (i.e. have one default accou...

transferring files [inbox, sent mail, etc] from outlook
Recently installed Windows 7 and began using windows live mail. Previously had windows xp and windows outlook. I am trying to transfer the mail files [inbox, sent, drafts, etc] to windows live mail but cannot figure out how to do that. Help! If you really mean Outlook, it's more complicated. You need to take the ..pst file to a computer running Outlook, import the messages into Outlook Express first. If you mean Outlook Express, then you need to copy all of the .dbx files to the Win 7 computer, then import them into WLM. File - Import - Messages - Microsoft Outlook Ex...

SBS 2003 Server Reinstall/Move
I have a client who has an SBS2003 server that (1) has an inappropriate server name (EAT-ME) and is (2) running out of disk space. Is there a way to do a clean install of SBS and move over the user accounts and email store to the new server of a different name (SRV-SBS). I want a clean server for the client because I doubt the integrity of the server. John, You asked this question once and you have answers in that thread. Starting a new thread with the same question won't change the answer.. If the answers provided were unclear or if you want to reply to them to add c...

Display only duplicate values and delete UNIQUE Items
All I have a very large list of data and on a monthly basis i need to display only the duplicate items in a spreadsheet. I would like to do this in VBA and then run it as a macro on the spreadsheet. Alot of the sites that i have seen only show how to removed the duplicates. Excel 2007 has a function which removed all duplicates but so far i have found nothing that only displays the duplciates.... any ideas anyone? Assuming that the field you use to determine uniqueness is column A, you can put this formula in a helper column: =3DIF(COUNTIF(A:A,A2)>1,"Duplicate","Unique&...

copy a file to all users via a script instead of manually
I have a d:\users folder on my server. inside users, each user has a folder named with their name. inside each of those folders is a desktop folder. I have a file on the C drive that I need to copy to each of those desktop folders, thereby giving each user this shortcut. Does anyone have a script that could do that, instead of me copying this file manually a few hundred times? many thanks if you do! "Rich" <richjone@noemail.noemail> wrote in message news:5E68A580-FA4D-4B73-A548-0ED9D74AF34C@microsoft.com... > I have a d:\users folder on my server. inside...

Importing Vendor/Supplier Items
Is anybody successfully importing their supplier/vendor purchase order items into RMS SO 2.0? We would like to import all the item information from a PO that we have ordered on a vendors web site or spreadsheet (including item descriptions, UPC codes (and set these as our ILCs) pricing etc), so we don't have to manually enter this. I can see a lot of potential problems (existing items versus new items, existing cost versus new cost, different layouts for different suppliers) so any feed back would be appreciated. Is anybody using any add-on modules to accomplish this? If so how do...

Formula not copying over as before
I track sales for 97 people using seperate worksheets for each one and one total page. Everytime I would add a worksheet, I would go to the total page, copy and paste the forumula to the next cell and everything worked great. The total was pulled from lets say the 95th worksheet and put on cover sheet of the corresponding person. I've tried manually typing in the formula and it still doesn't work. Any ideas? "doesn't work" means what? No results? Results don't change? Have you looked at your Calculation Options? Are they set to "Auto"? Formula onl...

moving contacts and email back to Express 6
Completed a clean install on an XP. Would like to move some messages and contact list from my Vista. So far no luck and haven't found anything googling, any suggestions/ Drag these messages into Windows folders you create on the Desktop from the WinMail folder tree folders. Copy these folders to the XP Desktop. Open the folders | Select All and drag them into an OE folder in the folder tree. No need to mess with the dbx files. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jeff D." <jddieterle@hughes.net> wrote in message n...

move Mailbox #7
Move Mail Box fails becasue of having lot of courrtion in mailbox. but mailbox opens sucessfully in outlook and i can read all the emails from outlook. Hi, The mailbox move manager will give you a report (you have to check this before you hit 'finish'). It will show tell you the corrupt items in the mailbox - their subject and location. You can then get the user to delete them, before re-running the move. Alternatively you can just set your corrupt item count to be the 'same +1' as the total number of corrupt messages in the mailbox. If the user can open and read...

Copying Bitmap #2
I've a CWnd derived class e.g. CWMPPlayer4. How do I copy the current displayed data from the CMPPlayer4 object into a CBitmap object? Depends on how the data is created and whether or not all information is displayed on the screen. For example, see my essay on Screen Capture on my MVP Tips site. But this only works if the image contains everything you need to see, and is not obscured by other windows. If the actual image is is larger, then what you would have to do is create a memory DC, select a bitmap into it, and then call your OnDraw handler to write into the bitmap. The catch...

Macro: Find matching DATA, copy correspondently values into another list
Okey guys - please advise me on this. (There was unfortunately no quick response to my latest problem - and I begun to swim... However - that brought me out on deep VBA-water...again - and now need a life buoy (metaphorical spoken)). The core of my macro problem is to look for all the values in column A (Range A5:A??) in Sheet "BOARD" (not bored!!!) that match values in another list placed in column A in sheet "LIST". When finding the match I will copy correspondent celle.value in column D / sheet "BOARD" into column B in sheet "LIST" - this w...

how do I change "read only" to copy files onto a Cd-RW
I copied files onto a Memorex CD-RW with no problems. I had a major crash and reloaded Windows 98 and was able to retrieve the files, but now when I want to save files, with new changes on the CD-RW it says "read only". I've looked into Properties and haven't any success. It is not a good idea to read and write files to removable media. Copy the file to your hard drive from Windows Explorer, save back to the hard drive and copy to the CD-RW from Windows Explorer. If you need to remove the read-only attribute, you can do that from Explorer, too. On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:0...

Removing all duplicate records except one copy
Hello, I have combined data from several sheets. The data is of product information that is sold in a chain of shops. I am trying to compile a master list of all products sold across the chain. In column A is the product NUMBER, in column B is the supplier number for that product. e.g.: ________Column A_________Column B Row 1___1000____________20 Row 2___1000 ___________ 20 Row 3___2000____________30 Row 4___2000____________20 Row 5___3000____________30 Row 6___3000____________30 Row 7___3000____________20 REQUIRED RESULT: ________Column A_________Column B Row 1___1000____________2...

I do not want quarter fold invitation but rather 1/2 page folded .
HELP... I have search KB and cant get this right...I use Publisher 2003 and I want to do the following: use 81/2 X 11 cardstock to produce TWO folded note cards If I use the template in publisher for invitations my only options are to have it ended up at a quarter fold I tried pasting the avery template in publisher cant get it to work... I want these notecards with the fold at the top..please help aprylb@earthlink.net Use the custom setup. landscape, input 5.5 in the width box. This will give you two per page. In the arrange menu, set the margins for the largest margin of your printer&#...

How to unsend a sent e mail
How do you unsend an e mail you just sent? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you unsend an e mail you just sent? If you are using MS Exchange and the recipient hasn't read it yet (i.e., opened it in any way), and if they sort the list by most recent so the original e-mail doesn't happen to get highlighted first (i.e., opened) before the recall request message, and so on (i.e., recall is VERY flaky), you aren't going to stop your sent message. Actually, from what I've found at Microsoft and other MVPs, you don't need exchange. The recall request is a...

Moving large mailbox over slow link
I have a some exchange boxes connected by slow links, I have to move some mailboxes that are large and the links aren't that reliable and drop off so the mailbox move fails, and unfortunately it don't resume (boy that would be a nice feature). So I'm thinking about setting up a temp exchange box, bring it physically to location A, move the boxes, then take it to location B and more then back on the server. Is that a good way to go about this? Or is there some way I could move them to a different storage group, un-mount it move the storage group and remount? I don't'...

Trouble copying video
I am having strange trouble copying and playing a video in WinXP. It's about 40 minutes long and came to me on a DVD in a few versions, all of which seem to be identical except for tremendous differences in the file size (from 20 mb to 5.2gb!) and all the files end in *.vob. There are a b unch of other strange looking files with different extensions but I have no idea what they are since I can't open them. I have no idea what that *.vob extension means but on the DVD the video files can be opened and will play with Windows Media Player. BUt when I copy the files to my...

copying a publisher doc. to a word doc
I created a christmas card in publisher and emailed it to a freind but she was unable to open it. So I want to know how to copy it to a word doc. as i have tried without success. please help Without knowing which version of Publisher you have............can you save the file as an .html? What about a .pdf? If neither of those is an option, copy and paste. You won't have the formatting you had in Publisher but that's the price you pay for using Publisher. Home Publishing is better suited for that task and will allow you to save the file as something you friend could open. What if you...

Copying folders into a public folder doesn't inheit permission
I am having a problem with rights in Public Folders. (Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003/Windows 2003 Server) Goal: Allow users to copy folders (with emails) from their Mailbox into the Public folders. Issue: Users can copy folders into the Public Folders no problem but no one else can see them. Notes: 1. It seems like the folders are not inheriting the rights set on the parent folder if they are "copied" into the Public Folder. 2. If they create a folder from scratch in the public folder it inherits the rights from the parent Public Folder no problem. The problem with that is tha...