Re: limit numbers of connections to one server

hi there :-)

my pop3 server is limited to 10 query per sec. and per ip. i have abou
16 mail-accounts on this server. the last 6 allways error with timeou
or something.

is there a way to limit the number of connections to one server i
outlook 2002 on windows xp pro?

thanks a lo

-
jazzy_

Set your send/receive settings to consecutive mail checks, rather than
concurrent.  E.g, set account 1 to check every 3 minutes, account 2 to every
4 minutes, etc.  You will still get the error on the initial polling.

I would ask your ISP if having this many accounts is within their acceptable
use policy and, if it is, why it is not supported by the ISP via their 10
account limit.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, jazzy_d asked:

| hi there :-)
|
| my pop3 server is limited to 10 query per sec. and per ip. i have
| about 16 mail-accounts on this server. the last 6 allways error with
| timeout or something.
|
| is there a way to limit the number of connections to one server in
| outlook 2002 on windows xp pro?
|
| thanks a lot

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Configuring Remote Desktop Connection to launch program.
I have used Remote Desktop Connection for years now and find it very useful in providing remote support for my clients. Or for my clients to log into there own system from a remote site. Currently, I’m attempting to use RDC with an additional need for security. I need the program to automatically launch an Act 2009 database upon connecting to a Windows XP Professional system. Note the system being accessed is running Windows XP Pro SP-3, not a server, and the remote user is using Vista Premium. Here is my dilemma: I can set the “remote” user’s RDC to run a program upon connection, ...

Exchange Server Information Store not starting automatically...
Hello, when I have to restart the Windows Server 2003, or when there is a power outage, etc... when the Server Restarts I manually have to go in the Services and start the Exchange Information Store. Below are the few entries that precede the Notification that the Information Store did not start: ***************************************************************************************************************** THINK I FIXED THIS PROBLEM AND IS UNRELATED TO EXCHANGE INFORMATION STORE Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7000 Date: 11/5/2006 T...

Need to return dates that are > that one year ago
I am building a database that will track employee training. I need to know how to build an expression that will return only those employees who's training is out of date. Meaning that their training date is more than 365 days old. I also have to return employees who's license has expired. I enter the date that their license is renewed and now I need to run a list of all that are greater than one year from last renewed date. KellyDale wrote: >I am building a database that will track employee training. I need to know >how to build an expression that will return only thos...

configuring outlook for exchange server 2--3
When adding an exchange server to outlook, outlook cannot contact the exchange server by dns name or by ip address, yet from the command prompt the pc can ping the ip address and and resolve the dns name of the exchange server. The error message says that outlook could not resolve the address. Have tried reinstalling outlook 2003, no difference. This is not common to all PCs, which are all 2k sp4. It is not a mailbox problem! Any ideas?? You've established that it is not the server so it must be the client. Any AV with port blocking rules? This would explain the ping and name ...

Merge/connect cells without loss of data?
Hi everyone, stupid question I did not find an answer for even after a long search: I have an Excel table with cells which contain fax numbers. One cell i a row contains the dialling code, the next cell in this row contains th fax number. For a series-letter I created with Word, these two cells have to b merged into ONE, so Word can read the fax number including the diallin code in "one piece". So, for example, I merge A1 ("040") with B1 ("636465"), the resul should be A1 ("040636465"). But the standard procedure to merge/connec cells in Excel only ...

What about routing numbers when printing checks
I had bought a pack of versacheck refills, which are compatable with money, and was looking forward to printing my checks at home. Well after setup, i went to print a few checks. The checks orinted fine and within margins, but i notice that there arent any routing numbers, my name or address, or anything on it to make this a valid and redeemable check. Am i missing something?? I have MS money 2003 and am runnning XP. On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:33:55 -0700, "MGidish" <MGidish@cox-internet.com> wrote: >I had bought a pack of versacheck refills, which are >compatable ...

Report printing on two pages versus one page
We are on GP 9.0. I have several users that have to swap between 2 printers frequently. When they use the Ricoh printer (a GP non-supported printer), the Job Status/Closing Report prints on 1 page to that printer. However, when they use the HP LaserJet 4300 (a GP compatible printer with the correct GP compatible drivers), the exact same report (same job number/same report) prints on 2 pages. I've tested it on myself and have noticed that even when I display the report the screen (not even printing it), it has this problem. If I have the Ricoh selected under File - Print Setup, t...

using UDL to connect to Foxpro database
Hi all, It seems that microsoft is no longer supporting ODBC connection to Visual Foxpro 9. Instead, it is recommended to use OLE database provider. I have created the connection information to be used with the OLE driver (UDL file) but I can't find how to use it from within the pivot table "get data" wizard. I can only see the ODBC connections. Can anybody help? Thanks ...

find serial number in RMS database
I have a problem and i want someone help me. A saler who use the POS operator create a new serial number (bad serial number which is not in the availabled serial number list) to sell a particular item. I look for a good table in the database to change the bad serial number with the good one. I thing find it in the table named serial. The surprise i have, the view of the product inventory show me the good serial number as what solde (in the POS MAnager), but when i try to review the tiket i saw the bad serial number. i'm not still see where the report find out his serial number. I ...

I'-m g5etting5 spaces and numbers in my words indiscriminately.
Wh6en I type on my laptop numbers indiscriminately come up in my words like th6e in th6e words of th6is sentence. It sounds like either you're inadvertently pressing a number shift key, or your keyboard is going bad. Do you have an external USB keyboard you can connect to the laptop? If so, does the problem occur when using it, as well? (I'm assuming that the problem hasn't always occurred, and has recently begun, and that you've rebooted since the problem began.) -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Blog: http://word.herbtyson.com Web: http://www....

Conditional Sum Wizard: Error: "Randomized Numbers"
Why does the Conditional Sum Wizard sometimes give me the message "You range contains one or more entries using randomized numbers." I am not using randomized numbers. Thanks, Charlie Rowe Hi! Don't know the answer to your specific question but......... The Conditional Sum Wizard is very limited in it's ability and scope and NEVER produces an efficient solution. If you could provide an explanation of what you're trying to do someone will probably be able to help. Biff "Charlie Rowe" <CharlieRowe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

How to replicate mailbox between two exchange servers?
There are two Exchange server 2003 (Exch1 & Exch2) in two locations with win 2K3. Those servers are connected over dialup connection using Routing and remote access service. All users mailbox is created in Exch1. But, it is need to replicate and accordingly synchronize the mailbox into Exch2. Could you give me the solution anyone? Try these links. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bedf62a9-dff7-49a8-bd27-b2f1c46d5651.aspx http://infoworld.com/article/06/10/02/40TCfailover_2.html http://www.xosoft.com/products/f_WANSyncHAExchange.shtml "Emon" <Emon@discussion...

COUNTIF? Use one column as condition to determine average of another
This may be beyond the scope of basic excel, but here goes. C4:C16 contains a list of times, or durations in this case. In D4:D16 each cell contains either a "yes" or "no" what I would like to do is average the "yes" times. So referenc D4:D16 as a condition to determine which times to average. I could just manually seperate the "yes" times and compute the average but there must be a way to do it as described above -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On 5/8/04 6:43 PM, in article pacman2k4.15ylio@excelforum-nospam.com, "pacman2k4...

Connecting CRM to exchange
How? I have CRM and Exchange on separate servers. How do i set up message queuing? Or du i install the CRM exchange? Install CRM Email router for exchange on the exchange server. This shoul do the trick. Regards, Ron "Shakudu" <Shakudu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC43F4AA-061A-4803-A0BE-09E44E02696E@microsoft.com... > How? I have CRM and Exchange on separate servers. How do i set up message > queuing? Or du i install the CRM exchange? ...

Re: Error 0x800CCC97
I just heard back from the folks with whom I filed this bug. They say the bug is fixed in cppop 5.4 - request that your ISP upgrade to that. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:... > This is a problem on your mail server - it is reporting that there are more > messages on the server than there actually are. Contact your ISP. > > -- > Jeff Stephenson > Outlook Development > This postin...

Limiting internet mail to public folders
Hi, one can limit outbound internet mail to specific mailboxes by setting delivery restrictions on the SMTP connector. Works with distribution lists as well. But how can I do it for an email-enabled public folder a user as "send as" permission on? I can't add the folder to the delivery restrictions nor a distribution list. Thanks Henrik Im thinking you will need to make it visible in the GAL before you can add it. On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:53:37 +0200, Henrik Zawischa <hzawischa@web.de> wrote: >Hi, > >one can limit outbound internet mail to specific mailboxes b...

Backup of Exchange Server
I am getting following error while backing the Microsoft Information Store. What might be the problem. Backup started on 27-Dec-04 at 5:30 PM. The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-' The operation was ended. What are you using to back up Exchange? 3rd party software (Veritas...

Tracking Number Custom Link
I have a SOP invoice document where I'd like to create a custom link to an internal intranet site. That way customer service can go into user defined fields, select my custom link from the tracking number drop down and go to my webpage that contains some specilized information not available in great plains. I have a new custom link setup, however, i need to pass the invoice number to this site. I was thinking that I could use the tracking number user defined field some how. Is there a way I can use the tracking number and have that passed in the URL of a custom link? Or i...

Great Plains and SQL Server Clustering
Does anyone have any experience with Great Plains and SQL server clustering - either a Server cluster or Network Load Balance cluster? It is something we may start looking at, but it would be helpful to know if there are any deal breaking issues before diving in and spending a bunch of time on it. I have a couple of documents I can send you regarding this subject. Just send me a message. "YCI" wrote: > Does anyone have any experience with Great Plains and SQL server clustering - > either a Server cluster or Network Load Balance cluster? It is something we > may st...

Timesheet import timeout for ONLY ONE USER
Anyone have any ideas here? I've got only one user who is timing out when attempting to import a timesheet into My Tasks. A vast majority (everyone else including me) says "works fine for me". This user has cleared temporary cache, restarted IE, and rebooted his PC, but same result. Thanks, Andy Novak UNT Andy, Have you perhaps checked if the user can do this on another PC, have the user log in with his own account on another PC, if it then works it is a corrupted IE on the users PC -- Andre Venter Technical Consultant UMT South Africa MCP MCSE 2000...

Import more than one .csv file into the same Excel file.
I have several .csv files which were created by saving data from Word forms. I want to be able to import all the files into the same Excel file. I have used the Get External data, Import text file commands to import the first, but this is not available to import the second. If I choose the Edit import option it replaces the row of data I already have from my first import. I am using Excel 2003. Why dont you merge the .csv files together using MS- DOS copy command. --Copy all .csv files to a single folder (say c:\temp\) --From command line type the command copy c:\temp\*.csv c...

Great Plains should use Transaction Processing in SQL Server
This concerns Great Plains version 7.5 on MS SQL Server 2000 SP3. Day before yesterday a brief electric power outage occurred exactly while a user was posting a batch of invoices in PM. The database server and other network components were on UPS and did not fail in any way, but the workstation PC doing the posting was not on a UPS and it rebooted. This left the invoice batch in a sort of "half posted" state. In fact there was resulting damage in both the PM and GL areas of the database, because we have the system set up to post through in detail to GL. We first attempted...

transfer calendar content from one year to the next
I'm using Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 and I wish to transfer the content from my 2008 calendar to my 2009 calendar without having to reenter all of the information. Content includes clipart and photos as well as descriptions. I learned many years ago to put all the information in text boxes rather than typing in the cells of the calendar. You can tab through the months, changing the dates manually. Highlight the text and drag it to the appropriate day. You do have your work cut out for you. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "John P" <JohnP@discussions.microsof...

codee@sympatico.ca won't download folders from server??
Hi My codee@sympatico.ca e-mail account won't let me download e-mail folders from the server on Windows Live Mail. It appears dim and unclickable when the drop menu appears when i right click on my e-mail name. All Help would be much appreciated, this will determined if i continue on using Windows Live Mail Thanks very much I'm not sure what you are asking. You don't download folders.. you download messages. If you have an IMAP account you can sync folders. Please, in detail, explain what you are attempting. "Canibe" <Canibe@discussions.microsof...

Exchange Server Services will not start
Today I changed the administrative password and restarted the Exchange Server. When I logged as the administrator the following message appears "At least one service or driver failed during system startup, use event viewer to examine the log" In the event viewer, the following events are recorded: 1. Site Server cannot initialize the foll object: GetLastError()=87: Init Ldap Extension 2. The server failed to start due to initialization error. Verify config. Error Description: GetLastError()=1326: Logon Users for Anonymous users. 3. All the MS Exch. Services did not start because...