re-installed xp pro and office xp lost all my emails

Is there a way to recover my old emails and outlook data?
I tried to open the old outlook files but it doesn't seem
to load anything.

I tried to repair the inbox using the repair tool with no
luck. For some reason I cannot find any .pst file on the
drive. I changed ownerships of the old folder, can
someone tell me the correct path to the .pst files?

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

You probably just forgot to enable search for hidden files.
You'll find them.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to recover my old emails and outlook data?
> I tried to open the old outlook files but it doesn't seem
> to load anything.
>
> I tried to repair the inbox using the repair tool with no
> luck. For some reason I cannot find any .pst file on the
> drive. I changed ownerships of the old folder, can
> someone tell me the correct path to the .pst files?
>
> Thanks

0
russval (3097)
5/27/2004 10:18:39 AM
Larry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> can someone tell me the correct path to the .pst files?

%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
--
Brian Tillman
0

Is your microsoft office outlook download update looping?
-- PackersFAN In article <3F7B4D82-187F-4022-BF52-C085A98CF410@microsoft.com>, lambeau@discussions.microsoft.com says... > If you're talking about the outlook (hotmail) connector - yep - that's what it does for several of us it seems. Use this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e- 41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en Or if you cannot unwrap, get the link is connected to from this page: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx -- Duncan. Yes, I am experiencing same thing. "...

Win7 usb performance lower than XP
Hi, We have a usb based Ethernet adapter. It is a high speed (2.0) device. The throughput observed on Win7 is around 30 Mbps lower than that observed on Windows XP! Both drivers are certified. There is not much difference between these drivers except NDIS5-NDIS6 and WDM-WDF related changes. Even the same NDIS5-WDM driver used on XP gives lower throughput figures on Win7. When checking the receive side operations we noticed that the difference between 2 consecutive Read completions on XP is around 30-50 microseconds, while the same on Win7 is around 200 microseconds. We are using ...

How long to install SBS2008
I know that is a bit vague but having worked with SBS2003 for many years I now find I need to look at a SBS2008 install. Any suggestiuons how long I should budget for installing a Server and get everything up and running fully. Each workstation I suspect I should budget an hour or two depending upon what complications are encountered. Thanks, On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:54:16 -0000, "Nick" <NoOne@NotHere.com> wrote: >I know that is a bit vague but having worked with SBS2003 for many years I >now find I need to look at a SBS2008 install. > >Any s...

Upgrading HDD on Xp Mediacentre computer
Currently installed HDD: 250Gb SATA Single partition C drive 82% full Installed XP Mediacentre 2002 Sp3 Upgrade HDD 500Gb SATA Proposed 2 partitions, 35Gb for the OS and the rest for data files. Upgrade HDD steps 1.. Using Acronis create a disk image of the single partition on the old HDD. Copy the image to DVD or a removable hard disk. 2.. Connect up new HDD to computer. 3.. Partition the new HDD into a 35Gb primary active partition (E) with the rest of the HDD (465Gb) also becoming a primary partition (F). 4.. Format b...

How to forward email in Exchange2003
Shortly we have windows server 2003 instead of windows NT, now the problem is that I don't know how to forward mail from a user to a second email-adres within Exchange2003. ...

Emailing Routing in Mixed Environment
We are setting up CRM 1.2 in a mixed NT4 (Exchange 5.5) and AD (Exchange 2003) environment. I need a little help setting up the email routing. I set it up according to scenario 2 (page 72 of the Implementation Guide) which involves a separate subdomain for the CRM Exchange server. Here is the behavior as indicated on page 75: In each of these scenarios, Microsoft CRM users and queues send messages from the Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 server by using the Microsoft CRM subdomain (user@crm.adventure-works.com). Replies to these messages are handled in one of two ways: * If the reply ...

Outlook 2002 and Office 2007
My new PC came with a trial version of OFFICE 2007 which I don;t plan on using or I may just install WORD 2007 as I do like that program. I plan to retain both Outlook 2002 and WORD 2002 which I installed recently. Now when I start a new email - (I have opted for WORD as my email editor) - I get this prompt "This form requires Word as your email editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead. Obviously there is a clash between Office 2002 and Office 2007. I think I have seen something about both versions co-existing bu...

email addressbook name order (last, first)
I'm using stand alone Outlook 2007. When I create a new email then hit "To" and my address book come up all the names are arranged first, last. How do I order them last, first? Thank you Change the sort here: Tools menu > Account Settings > Address Book tab > Highlight Outlook Address Book > Click Change "Dave R" <rezin8@threshold-studio.com> wrote in message news:D14B3FCF-D6F2-453D-8BEC-B398C687ED1F@microsoft.com... > I'm using stand alone Outlook 2007. When I create a new email then hit > "To" and my address book come up...

Problem Installing Business Contact Manager from Drive (not CD)
About a year & a half ago I copied my entire Office 2007 Ultimate 2 CDs onto a hard drive. I have a new laptop and installed the first CD contents from the portable drive with no problems (all Office products, Outlook). However, when attempting to install the Business Contact Manager from the CD2 contents, it continues to give me an error near the end that the installation has failed and to look at the log file. Could someone advise me on what may be causing this and how I can fix it to install the BCM onto my machine? I can send the log file if you'd like me to. Just em...

Outlook Import of Eudora email
Outlook 2003 doesn't seem able to import email from Eudora version 6. I get this message that the folder could not be opened. Is there a workaround to this? Use Outlook Express as an intermediary. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Michael <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Outlook 2003 doesn't seem able to import email from Eudora | version 6. I get this message that the folder could not be | opened. Is there a workaround to this? In article...

where is ms office 2003 clipart
I get a message when I try to use Clipart in MS publishing. I do get the window MS CLIP GALLERY 5.0 when I try and it has the clip art pictured, but I get a message when I select any after the first row that says it needs a disc called 09PRMCD02. I do not have a clue what disc that is. Can anyone help me? I know I can get clips online, but I wanted to access them "locally" if I could Thanks for any help It is the second disk that came with Office 2000 CG5: Prompt for CD-ROM When You Insert Clips http://support.microsoft.com/kb/235848 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.micros...

windows installer starts whenever office application is opened
I have recently reloaded MS office 2007 on my computer. Everytime any office application is started windows installer window opens up saying that it is configuring office 2007. It goes off after some time and application loads and works normally after that. It is considerably slowing launching of the application and is not allowing me to load outlook connector. regards This can happen if you are running multiple version of Office: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290576 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may ben...

Problem with (1) Office database & (2) Updates installation failures
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I have two problems that may be related (or not): (1) When I open Word or Excel it takes a very long time and then I get this: "There is a problem with the Office database. Office might be unable to access the database or the database file might be damaged. Without the database, you might be unable to use the Address Book, Scrapbook, and other features that store your personal information." It goes on to explain how to "rebuild the database". I did this properly though without success. (I only w...

no message in email
I have about 120 clients. Email from one particular client sent to only three particular clients arrives blank. OK for everyone else. If anyone else forwards the email is arrives OK. All are running Win98SE and Outlook 2000 SP1. SP3 is not installed because of trouble with attachments. Outlook repair has been run, Outlook has been removed and re-installed all with improvement. Any ideas. -- dmtech =?Utf-8?B?ZG10ZWNo?= <dmtech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:BB699AF3-3987-45D0-B01C-0433F9C6321B@microsoft.com: > I have about 120 clients. Email from one particular clie...

Hyperlinks don't work in emails!!!!!
When I click on a hyperlink in an email it opens up an empty explorer window. The page or image never loads. How can I fix this problem? ...

re-install Office:Mac onto a new ibook
My daughter is trying to install her offic:Mac 2004 ver. onto her new ibook. She has tried all 3 product keys and the software tells her that none of the keys is a valid key. I am using one of the keys. There is one that is not used by anyone. Any ideas? menace Kindly see: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office/browse_thread/thr ead/86500aa2b6a12ed1/a02bed6966e34e47?lnk=st&q=office+mac+install+key&rnum=8 &hl=en#a02bed6966e34e47 http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html On 28.11.2006 5:13, in article 1164687194.510100.155880@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups...

Office 2008 on Snow Leopard
Office 2004 seems somewhat sluggish at times. I hear Office 2008 is actually slower. But is this true? John -- Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is the KJV the only translation to be used? If you want to learn, get answers, and be able to defend the faith, CERM is your place. http://www.cerm.info/ On 2010-02-18 18:25:33 -0500, John Wolf said: > Office 2004 seems somewhat sluggish at times. I hear Office 2008 is actually > slower. But is this true? It's not the impression I was under. It feels snappier to me. ...

How do I display Older email
My current view only shows emails that are 2 weeks old. How do I display older emails that are previous than that? VG <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My current view only shows emails that are 2 weeks old. > How do I display older emails that are previous than that? View>Current View>Messages or View>Arrange By>Current View>Messages (depending on the version of Outlook which you thought we could use mind-reading to determine). -- Brian Tillman ...

Leave Outlook 2003 on computer when installing Office Home 2007
I just purchased Office Home and Student 2007, and overlooked the detail that it does not include Outlook, as Office Student and Teacher 2003 does. Is there a way that I can keep Outlook 2003 and install Office Home and Student 2007? I have ordered Outlook 2007, so I could wait until it arrives, but I'm eager to get started with Office 2007. Yes, since your Office 2007 version did not came with Outlook, nothing will happen to your Outlook 2003 installation. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ ...

Office 2007
How do I fix the problem of an error message stating that the file is full - unable to display. I just upgraded to Office 2007 and the problem did not correct. I have only a single user and do not want to add anothe user to copy files there Outlook throws no such message. Provide the rest of the information like mail account type, how you configured it, and what action produces the error. I doubt this is an Outlook issue at all. -- Russ Valentine "Pearson385" <Pearson385@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1A864AE-9464-4E3E-B5F0-F656BACD76B0@mi...

office 97 excel- cannot download excel templates from microsoft site
Though i am able to download Word templates from the Microsoft site without any problem, I cannot download Excel templates. When i select an Excel template and click "edit it excel", Excel opens but the template does not appear,,, nor can i find it anywhere on my hard drive. I have tried reloading Office but this did not solve the problem. ...

Dealing with Office 2007 & Office 2003 file formats
My company plans on moving to Office 2007 soon. However, we have a delimma with how to handle how Office files are saved. For example, if a person open a .doc & makes changes in Office 2007 and some of those changes are not supported by the .doc, then the file is saved as a ..docx. This leaves us with two files... a doc & a docx. We really don't want someone updating the .doc anymore. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? Side notes: ~We have the compatibility pack installed on all computers. ~The batch converter tool doesn't seem like a good fit for...

Delay receiving email from Exchange
Env: Small Business Server 2000; Outlook 2002 SP3 I have one user who does not automatically receive email from the Exchange server. As soon as you click any item in her inbox, new mail is received. Everyone else in the same office with the same setup (as far as I can tell) is working fine. Any ideas would be appreciated. > I have one user who does not automatically receive email > from the Exchange server. As soon as you click any item > in her inbox, new mail is received. Everyone else in the > same office with the same setup (as far as I can tell) is > working fine...

Re-calculate
Folks: In my spreadsheet, I have a section in which imported data from a text file is located. The other section of my spreadsheet (containing the necessary formulae) is devoted to running calculations on the newly imported data. It looks like the calculations do not completely & automatically take place after the fresh data from the text file is imported. So I have to manually copy & paste the formulae throughout the calculation section once again. At this point I get to my final destination of nice clean fresh calculations. I was hoping to solve this problem by hitting the...

prevent outgoing emails single mailbox
Is it possible to hold a user's emails in a holding area and give the end user the impression that emails have been delivered. When emails have been examined they will be released. We need to monitor a user for security reasons. Any assistance or ideas greatly appreciated. On Mon, 30 May 2005 05:55:01 -0700, Eilish <Eilish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to hold a user's emails in a holding area and give the end >user the impression that emails have been delivered. When emails have been >examined they will be released. > >We need to mon...