Re-install

I am running Office 2003 Standard. Outlook was crashing on
startup so I uninstalled it using the CD. When trying to
reinstall the process gives an error message that it
cannot find the file PCW_CAB_PATCH and will not proceed.
There is no option to enter a location for that file. The
file is not on the CD nor is it on my computer.

Does anybody know what this means

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Installing Office Mac 2004
I've tried installing Office Mac 2004 onto a new computer and when I try to open any of the Office applications I get an "Upgrade Verification" box saying, "This software is an upgrade to an earlier version of the software. To continue installation, click Browse, and then select the folder that contains the earlier version of the software (Microsoft Office 2001 folder, for example). The folder can be located on either your computer or the CD-ROM from which you originally installed the earlier version of the software." Again, this is a brand new iMac, so there shou...

If Worksheet exists, delete it, then re-add it
Working in Excel 2007, I am writing a program to create a scoresheet to keep track of scores for a game my family plays. Since a lot of the set-up is based on the number of players, the first thing I want to do if check to see if sheet called "Score" is there, left over from a previous game, and if so, delete. The program will then create a new worksheet, "Score". I've seen a lot of help on how to create a new worksheet if one doesn't already exist, but not on how to delete an existing one, then add it again. Can anyone help this newbie? Thanks ...

Complex coding question re: recordset
If I have an open form and am positioned on a new record with no bound field having been changed (dirty = false) and I call a public function which opens a recordset on the same table that my form is bound to and then do a series of movenexts , can my form become dirty? I'm getting strange results and am wondering if this could be the cause. What I am trying to do is to programatically retrieve a given record by doing an applyfilter. However, what seems to be happening is that somehow my record has become dirty and therefore the form is wanting to do a save before executing t...

Installation Problems SQL 2005
I keep getting the following Error when installling CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition "Service mssearch was not found on computer 'SERVER1'. The specified service does not exist as an installed service" I have the Microsoft Full-Text Engine for SQL Server Service Installed and running. Can anyone help? Are you runndng your domain on a Windows Small Business Server? -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "jl815" wrote: > I keep getting the following Error when installling CRM 3.0 Small Business > Edition "Service mssearch was not found on com...

Windows installer problem 04-08-10
Hi All, After login to windows xp, on screen displayed windows installer and nothing showing on screen .Any reply will be appreciated. Best regards Anji Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Was the computer fully patched at Windows Update when this problem started? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another)...

How can I stop Outlook downloading fonts from incoming messages and use only those installed?
When I receive a message in Outlook with a font I don't have installed it takes a while whilst Outlook downloads the font. Can I switch off this feature so that the only fonts that show are those that are already installed. Peter <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote: > When I receive a message in Outlook with a font I don't have installed > it takes a while whilst Outlook downloads the font. Can I switch off > this feature so that the only fonts that show are those that are > already installed. You don't state your version of Outlook, but with Out...

After I install a software in windows xp , how many changes have h
After I install a software in windows xp , how many changes have happen in registry? Because I need to read the value of registry ,please tell me all the changes in registry. I appreciate your help. -- jake After you install "a piece of software" in Windows, some number of registry keys, dependent entirely on whatever the person writing the installation decided should be modified, have been modified. In addition, once you run it, some other keys, defined by the person who coded it, and based on whatever actions the user has taken, will be changed. Each piece of software is ...

New install of Great Plains v8.0
Hi I have just installed a version 8 of great plains however the utilities application is not accepting the sa password for MSSQL 2000. The password is valid. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks What message are you seeing? Did you setup a DSN to connect to the Great Plains SQL server? "Jitu" wrote: > Hi > > I have just installed a version 8 of great plains however the utilities > application is not accepting the sa password for MSSQL 2000. The password > is valid. > > Does anyone know how to fix this? > > Thanks > > > s...

Can't Find, Re-subscribe or subscribe to any Excel NG's
I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2, 2 GB RAM, Firefox, Spyware Doctor (with real-time Intelliscan), MBAM, SAS and Cleaner, Office 2007. I might be posting on the wrong NG but that's because I cannot seem to subscribe anymore to any Excel NG's such as: Microsoft. public.excel.anythingatall, so I can't set up a new post. Each of these NG's related to Excel is declaring that there are "no posts available anymore". I used to be subscribed to Microsoft. public.excel.setup, Microsoft. public.excel.programming, Microsoft. public.excel.general, and a few...

RE: Dynamics GP 10 Service Pack 2
Another post mentions an H/R home page issue but I didn't see a resolution so I'm asking the question again. (With more info) The problem with the H/R home page is that the navigation pane is not sorted correctly. The H/R & Payroll item should be first in the list but it isn't. This is what prevents the home page from displaying automatically. If you click the H/R & Payroll item, the home page displays. Any idea how to correct the sort order of the navigation items? (or what tables are involved) Same issue for one of our clients: after installing SP2 to GP 10 HR ...

Re: money
"CCrusher" <invalid@domain.com> wrote in message news:... > How many versions of money will there be? When will people get to stop > buying the same old program year after year. If Microsoft was into > landscaping, they would sell the same tree they planted in 1990 to the > buyer year after year.....Microsoft says "mam, you owe us 40 dollars".., > mam says " but you charged me for that tree 3 years ago"...Microsoft > says.." yes, but the tree has grown, and with increased ability of the > tree, you must constantly pay for the...

Re-install
I am running Office 2003 Standard. Outlook was crashing on startup so I uninstalled it using the CD. When trying to reinstall the process gives an error message that it cannot find the file PCW_CAB_PATCH and will not proceed. There is no option to enter a location for that file. The file is not on the CD nor is it on my computer. Does anybody know what this means Thanks ...

Installing Problem SQL SP3a
Hello NG, If got a new W2K3-Server with installed AD and SQL2000 with SP3a. The machine works properly. On installing CRM1.2 the following error occurs: 'The specified SQL-Server must be running Microsoft SQL-Server version 2000 SP3 or later.' Please help me. Thanks, Andreas. ...

Re: Cannot Insert Object #3
Hi all I'm having trouble inserting a .msg outlook file into an Excel workbook, can anyone please advise as to why I'm getting this error. Many thanks Badger -- BadgerMK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BadgerMK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511014 ...

No Reports in CRM 3.0 Install
Hi everyone, I have been working on installing CRM 3.0 (fresh install) on a Small Business Server and I have been having trouble getting the reporting services to work correctly. I have been able to get the reports section to pull up now but no reports are listed in the grid. All the other functions appear to be working and I can even start to add reports but it puzzles me. Doesn't Microsoft provide sample reports to begin with? Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how do I get the reports to show up? Surely they gave us standard reports with the program?!?!?! Thanks! on ...

Error installing CRM 3
Trying to install CRM on a development server that has just been rebuilt after disk failure and the install runs through until it attempts to grant permissions on the newly created databases. The CRM install is all on this machine i.e. webserver and sql server are the same box. The error message reads Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated nw Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: ...

Outlook will not launch after installing latest MS patch
I'm running Windows XP Pro. Received MS Auto update notification to install lastest security upgrades which I do religiously and did this time. Rebooted, clicked on outlook 2002 icon, got "hourglass" for a few seconds then nothing. Outlook did not launch. Rebooted - same thing. Any ideas would be greatly apreciated! Thanks! Does Outlook start in safe mode? (outlook.exe /safe) if the answer is yes, try renaming the file named outcmd.dat. "topcorner" <topcorner@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:031201c369d7$69a67e70$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm runn...

Downloaded transactions must be re-accepted every time
I bought Money 2005 last week and got it all set up. But when I turned on the auto-reconcile downloaded transactions option, I found that every transaction it pulled from my bank servers for the last month had to be re-accepted even though it had been downloaded, accepted, and reconciled. Turning this option off didn't fix the problem. It is very frustrating because I can't tell what's new and what's not now. It treats all my old dowloaded and reviewed transactions as something new. Anyone know why or how to fix it? In microsoft.public.money, BASIC since TRS-80 wro...

exchange 2007 installation error
Hi to u all, When I install exchange 2007, I receive the following error from the GUI installation: ****start of message*********************** Summary: 4 items. 3 succeeded, 1 failed. Elapsed time: 01:05:56 Copy Exchange Files Completed Elapsed Time: 00:13:08 Hub Transport Role Completed Elapsed Time: 00:12:49 Client Access Role Completed Elapsed Time: 00:13:41 Mailbox Role Failed Error: An error occurred. error code was 3238230409 message was An internal component is not responding.." ******end of message*************** The tree steps about the schema domain completed secc...

Agent Install on EBS 2008 Failing
I am running DPM 2007 on Windows Storage Server 2003 (Dell DP600 appliance) and trying to protect EBS 2008 which is virtualized. However, I followed the technet article here to setup things: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512491(WS.10).aspx But I am unable to successfully install the agent on the EBS 2008 servers and get them to talk to DPM. I followed the last part of - To install a DPM protection agent. The agents appear to be installed on the Management, Security and Messaging servers, but cannot seem to attach properly to the DPM server. They show in Err...

Re-enabling a disabled user problem
Hello, On my Exchange server (SBS 2003, Exchange 2003), I was recently instructed to delete a couple of logins of people who left the company. I like to simply disable them for a while just in case we need to get back into their mailboxes. One one such user, it turns out he still needs to use his mailbox. I re-enabled him, but all subsequent emails are bounced back ("The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator."). How do I open up the mailbox to receive emai...

Will my Office XP install on Windows 7?
I have Office XP. I need a new computer and need Outlook and Access on it. Will Office XP install on Windows 7? Yes it will, but Outlook will not retain account passwwords Office 2003 and later is fully compatible "glouces" <glouces@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8699F413-1E85-4CC3-BD05-856A8ECC578B@microsoft.com... >I have Office XP. I need a new computer and need Outlook and Access on it. > Will Office XP install on Windows 7? ...

Re: 'Server XXXX Not Available.' When Trying To Add a Process Serv
Hi Mariano, We have contacted our Partner and they say that we have to pay $2,500.00 additional to get the process server as it is not the part of Systems Manager, any more. Our product say " New Enhancement plan" and I see Systems Manager is installed but not the process server.. By BRL; you mean Business ready license? "Viol-8-r" <viol-8-r@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:... > Thanks, Mariano, > Yes, we are checking it with the Partner and sure I will update you about > the outcome. > > "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions....

Non-Plug&Play driver installation
Hello there, I have a device which is not plug-&-play, but more a virtual hardware. I can install it using the Device-Manager --> Add legacy hardware, but I want to install it programmatically, eg. the use of the function SetupCopyOEMInf for plug-&-play devices. can anybody help me with this? Thanks in advance KW Is it a root enumerated device? If so, devcon is a good start (source and binaries in the WDK), the "install" switch will create a new root enumerated device and register your INF: devcon install myinf.inf ROOT\MadeUpHardwareId -scot...

Re: Unresolved item
This well known problem has come back to haunt me. See http://tinyurl.com/4xb5y If an appointment has been made containing an email address that is not in Contacts it will refuse to sync (ActivSycn 3.7.1). One way is to add each contact to the address book - not very sensible if this is one off meeting with people you are never going to meet again. So I'd like to know if there is a way of listing (or searching for) only those appointments that have emails (attendees?) attached to them? -- Brett Try posting to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync it is not an Outlook problem. -...