Random attachment problems

Hi,
From time to time, when we reply to an e-mail, we try to attach a word
document or PDF file, on the screen we see the attachment, we click on
"Send",  we look at the sent items folder, we see the e-mail is sent without
attachment

Has anyone seen this issue?
When we create a new e-mail, type the e-mail addresses, and type the message
in the body to same people, attach the same documents this doesn't happen
Thanks

MC

0
MC

Version of outlook? Are all updates installed? If you hit Save before
sending does it work?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"MC" <webmaster@ozoptics.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> From time to time, when we reply to an e-mail, we try to attach a word
> document or PDF file, on the screen we see the attachment, we click on
> "Send",  we look at the sent items folder, we see the e-mail is sent
> without attachment
>
> Has anyone seen this issue?
> When we create a new e-mail, type the e-mail addresses, and type the
> message in the body to same people, attach the same documents this doesn't
> happen
> Thanks
>
> MC

0
Diane
12/19/2009 1:55:49 AM
Outlook 2003,
Yes, all updates installed,
Never tried saving before sending
Will try saving next time it happens, B4 sending
Any ide though?

MC

> Version of outlook? Are all updates installed? If you hit Save before
> sending does it work?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "MC" <webmaster@ozoptics.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> From time to time, when we reply to an e-mail, we try to attach a word
>> document or PDF file, on the screen we see the attachment, we click on
>> "Send",  we look at the sent items folder, we see the e-mail is sent
>> without attachment
>>
>> Has anyone seen this issue?
>> When we create a new e-mail, type the e-mail addresses, and type the
>> message in the body to same people, attach the same documents this
>> doesn't happen
>> Thanks
>>
>> MC

0
MC
12/21/2009 10:41:03 PM
There was a problem where changes weren't sent after autosave kicked in - it
was fixed by an update.

My other thought is that its some thing with the securetemp folder.
See http://slipstick.me/temp

--

> Outlook 2003,
> Yes, all updates installed,
> Never tried saving before sending
> Will try saving next time it happens, B4 sending
> Any ide though?
>
> MC
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Version of outlook? Are all updates installed? If you hit Save before
>> sending does it work?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>>

>> "MC" <webmaster@ozoptics.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> From time to time, when we reply to an e-mail, we try to attach a word
>>> document or PDF file, on the screen we see the attachment, we click on
>>> "Send",  we look at the sent items folder, we see the e-mail is sent
>>> without attachment
>>>
>>> Has anyone seen this issue?
>>> When we create a new e-mail, type the e-mail addresses, and type the
>>> message in the body to same people, attach the same documents this
>>> doesn't happen
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> MC

0
Diane

Here is fix for Windows file problems

i want to compress photos in attachment
i want to compress photos in attachment pl. give me some sol. regards www.irfranview.com "compress photos in attachment" <compress photos in attachment@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:738E96D6-F0E2-4FFF-8570-6A8F00E492D1@microsoft.com... :i want to compress photos in attachment : : pl. give me some sol. : : regards On Apr 22, 7:50=A0am, compress photos in attachment <compress photos in attachm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i want to compress photos in attachment > > pl. give me some sol. > > regards...

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Problem with CFTPConnection

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

Removing random extra spaces
I have a column for comments there are 900 rows (A1:A900) this data is being imported from another source and some users have extra spaces that I want to remove and place in (B1:B900)...I also want to format it so that it is converted from all caps to all lowercase. For example: A1 reads "INT IN A FREE QUOTE ON 50000 CASH FOR DEBT CONSOLIDATION" B2 reads "int in a free quote on 50000 cash for debt consolidation" -- jermsalerms ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jermsalerms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

Attachments #99
I can only view attachments if I save them first. Who do I change the settings so that I can just open the attachments without saving them first? Justine <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can only view attachments if I save them first. Who do > I change the settings so that I can just open the > attachments without saving them first? What happens when you try? -- Brian Tillman When I try to open an attachment there is a pop up and it only gives me the option of saving the attachment. >-----Original Message----- >Justine <anonymous@discussions.m...

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...

Outlook 2000 slow to attach files
I am running Outlook 2000 with XP, and when I go to attach a file on the network, it is extremely slow. However, when I go to the same file through Windows Explorer, it is very quick. Does anyone know what this problem might be or how to fix it? ...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Printing problem in booklet format

problem opening up program/file

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

Missing attachments
I am having an intermittant problem with Outlook 2002 on Windows XP on several machines. Sometimes the attachments (usually Excel) make it to the recipient. Sometimes they don't. When they don't make it there is no indication to the recipient that there even was an attachment. Though the Sender's sent mail clearly has the attachment. I've got the latest patches to Windows & Outlook and am going through an Exchange 5.5 server. The user does not use Word for the email editor. We've tried changing email format from Rich Text to HTML to Plain Text and the ...

Outlook 2000 Attachment Error
I'm getting the following error when I try opening up e- mail attachments I have received in Outlook 2000, Windows NT. "An error has occurred while the following action was performed: Query Outlook for the Outlook Extension Callback Interface. Error: 0x80004002 Description: No such interface supported I then receive a 2nd message - "The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again. The attachment types are typically .msg format. ...

printing problems with memorized reports
We have recently been running into printing problems with our memorized reports. We will print preview a report and it will look fine on screen, then we will send to the printer, and the report print extremely small in the corner of the page. However if we go back in and re-print the report then it will print normal size on the page. We are not making any settings changes at all, and when it does this appears to just be at random. We are printing to an HP laserjet 4000 series printer that is on our network. We've used RMS with the same configuration for approx. 5 years now and ...

Reports and sub-reports problems
Dear Sirs,I have a report with 4 sub-reports.How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.Can someone help?ThanksKlaus I just realized. It's not due to being a subreport - it's already showing on the normal report triple data. It was not before and I did not change anything. I hope that someone can help me.Thanks Klaus"Amateur" wrote:> Dear Sirs,> I have a report with 4 sub-reports.> How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.> Can someone help?> Thanks> Klaus...