Question with local vs. remote (Exchange server) data

Can someone please explain something basic to me about the way Outlook
works. I'm a Mac user and not familiar with this thing but now need to
figure out how to synchronize it with a PocketPC PDA device.
   We've got Outlook on our PCs (W2K), connected to an Exchange server. So,
I see my calendar and contacts, which I know live on the server. But when I
sync my device, it ends up empty. Is there some sort of "local" (to my PC)
data that it's using instead of the Exchange server's info? If so, where is
it and how do I find it? If I could find it, I could copy the Exchange
server info into it. Or does it not work that way (having local info and
server info separately)?

Mike

0
mlevin666 (7)

In news:C108A41E.3E5E1%mlevin666@gmail.com,
Michael Levin <mlevin666@gmail.com> typed:
> Can someone please explain something basic to me about the way Outlook
> works. I'm a Mac user and not familiar with this thing but now need to
> figure out how to synchronize it with a PocketPC PDA device.
>   We've got Outlook on our PCs (W2K), connected to an Exchange
> server. So, I see my calendar and contacts, which I know live on the
> server. But when I sync my device, it ends up empty. Is there some
> sort of "local" (to my PC) data that it's using instead of the
> Exchange server's info? If so, where is it and how do I find it? If I
> could find it, I could copy the Exchange server info into it. Or does
> it not work that way (having local info and server info separately)?
>
> Mike

Hi - this is really more of an Exchange Activesync - or PocketPC question,
than an Outlook one.

I suggest you post with more detail to microsoft.public.exchange.admin and
maybe crosspost to microsoft.public.pocketpc - mention your version of
Exchange, your version of Windows Mobile, and whether you have a self-signed
certificate on your network (as opposed to a Thawte or Verisign, etc., SSL
cert).

0
lanwench (7567)

Exchange in multiple forest
Assuming i have a userA in exchange forest/org A and there are times he logons to exchange forest/org B, and assuming that the link between forest A & B are always down when user A is in forestB and the link is up once userA is in forestA. How can I setup exchange such that userA will always use the smtp address userA@forestA.org whether he is in forestA or forestB and he will have no problem access his email from a single Outlook profile and people will have no problem emailing/replying to him on that one address? Is this possible? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2003 BCM and Exchange 5.5
Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exchange 5.5..? I installed it as an add on...and it doens't work. Any ideas/advice would be helpful. Thanx in advance. No, BCM doesn't work with Exchange. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Jim C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ab0701c3b85a$d85fcbb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exch...

LDAP question
Has anyone been able to do an LDAP query inside excel via VBscript and put the results into a cell. e.g Extract an email address using a username as a search filter from an LDAP server. Do I need a special add-in ...

Sorting data #3
I have my data organized in columns based on state standards, and I want to regroup the data to get all Algebra questions together, all Geometry together, etc. Row 1: Question1 Question2 question 7 question 25 Row2: 6N1 7G8 5N15 6A9 Row 5-30 has student responses to the each question where N, G and A represent Number sense, Geometry and Algebra. I want to determine how the class did overall on each category. Thanks. -- I am pregnant with possibilities, and so are you! Jenai Your question makes perfectly good sense to you because y...

How Do I Pass Data Between 2 UserForm's
Greetings, I am trying to pass data from a TextBox on UserForm1 to a Label on UserForm2. At this point UserForm2 cannot see the TextBox on UserForm1. How can I accomplish this? TIA -Minitman If both forms are in memory, you can reference with Label1.Caption = Userform1.Textbox1.Text on userform2, or Textbox1.Text = Userform2.Label1.Caption on userform1 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Minitman" <excelreply@i-m-p.net> wrote in message news:79ta10dqjvvuvda...

Exchange 2003 Recovery
Helo NG, at this time we`ve Problems with our Exchange 2003 Server. It has been deleted a single Mailbox without a Bricklevel Backup. Now the last full Backup is from April 15th and the DB Logs are from 05.05 until today. Is it possible to recover the Database with this Logfiles into a different ADS/Exchange Organisation ? any suggestions...... thx So you have a deleted mailbox and you want to get it back, correct? Have you tried to use the Deleted Mailbox recovery: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF022.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msex...

Can't send external msgs on new Ex2K server in 5.5 site.
Hello, I just installed a Exchange 2000 SP3 server in an existing 5.5 site containing only one server, after following the standard procedure of configuring and running ADC CAs. I've moved one mailbox from the 5.5 server to the 2000 server as a test. I can send messages to it from the 5.5 site, but it cannot send messages outside of the 2000 server. What did I forget please?! Ideally, I wanted to keep the old 5.5 server as a bridgehead server, at least for the time being. One more thing, we share the domain amongst Exchange and another mail system via SMTP routing on Sendmail. T...

Auto-filter not grabbing all the data
Hi...I'm trying to filter through a database that has over 15,000 rows and not all the data is showing up in the filter. It seems to stop somewhere between 13321 and 13401. I've read through all the threads here and everyone is saying that the Auto-filter drop-down list is the only thing limited to 10,000 items but that it should filter the whole spreadsheet. Apparently not. Can anyone help, please?? Thanks.... I never let excel guess at the range that should be filtered. I'll always explicitly select my range. If your data has empty cells in it, then excel may no...

SBS 2003: adding Exchange services to Outlook 2003
On 3 out of 8 new computers added to the domain, I am unable to add the Exchange service to Outlook 2003 for the shared public folders and contacts. I receive the following message: "The action could not be completed. The connection to the MS Exch Srvr is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete the action." All other services are availabe to these "problem" users: One of these users was an existing user that received a new workstation; the other 2 users are new as are their workstations. Any thoughts? Thanks. Michael In news:1D0046BA-38...

SMTP Connector question #2
Hi Had a single E2K3 Sp2 server earlier, and have now added a FE. SMTP connector moved from BE to FE. System enabled with ActiveSync,OWA & Https/Rpc. Everything works perfect. When I looked at "Queues" on BE there is still an SMTP Connector with a strange name: "SMTP Connector -_a46bf5ed9709644683af8319dab8789b_S (SMTP Connector)" -SMTP-Default SMTP Virtual Server-Ready. What's this? Can it be removed? How? Jordan ...

excel 2002 data filter
hello this is the case if i have in column A data like this: http://www.abc.com http://www.cba.com http://www.abc.com ok. When i press select complete column A and then select DATA - FILTER - ADVANCE FILTER - UNIQUE RECORDS ONLY i get folowing result: http://www.cba.com this is not what i want. I want to get folowing result: http://www.abc.com http://www.cba.com u see what i meen? Can u help please and thank you very much!!! On Feb 14, 2:10=A0am, Ivanko <Iva...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hello > this is the case > > if i have in column A data lik...

SumIf Question? If question? I'm stumped..
I have three columns. "A", "B", and "C". I want to sum column "C" when "A" equals a specific value AND "B" equals a specific value. For example, sum the amuunts in column "C" when "A" equals "ball" AND "B" equals "bat". Any ideas? -Adam You can use an array formula, you need to press CTRL+Shift+Enter after typing the formula, if you've done this correctly curly brackets {} will appear around the formula in the formula bar: Use a formula something like: =SUM(IF(($A$2:$A$...

Cannot see sample data
Hello, I've followed the exact instalation procedures of the sample data (creat AD users, run install wizard). The installation seems to be successful. I logged in under the sample data user, but could not see any data. The "announcements" section contains 4 articles, which mean it was added during the install using the wizard. What am I doing wrong? It's been so long since I have to install CRM 3.0 again, but I remember there is another step to configure so the users can see the sample data. Please advise. Thanks for your help. -- Regards, Andy Go to Settings ...

Question on Templates
I know I should ask this in the Templates newsgroup, but this one is monitored better ! Anyway, I have a client who create his own template that utilizes a custom color pallet. He has this saved as the default template, in other words, starting a new Excel file launches his Template. This works great, unless he tries to 'move or copy' a spreadsheet into a (new book). For some reason, this command is opening the standard Excel template instead of his own, and the colors are all messed up. He did save his template to be the 'standard' file when starting a new spreadshe...

Data base web design
Can I use Access 2007 as database for my web site as I use MySQL "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78AB2033-4F7E-46C1-8458-C96E3B0E5AAE@microsoft.com... > Can I use Access 2007 as database for my web site as I use MySQL I think you're confusing the term database, and MS access. MS access is a tool that lets you build an application, and that application can connect to a database engine such as JET, or MySql. so it's not the MS access side that has anything to do with a web based system, it is the database engine you choose to use...

Exchange 2003 mount public db
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on SBS Server. On of my customer losed old mail on a public folder and I need to restore emails. I have the database file that contains the emails but i wouldn't stop exchange mount the old db (DBOLD) create e pst of email, dismount the db and mount the official db. It's too dangerous! Then I reinstall the same machine on a server with the same domain, organization, Admnistrative group of Exchange. Dismount the original db and I try to mount the db of the other server (DBOLD). I receive an error like this: The information store could not be loaded bec...

Highlight Data
I'm trying to figure out a way to create an excel formula, or vba that will allow me to highlight rows of similar data. For example, I have the following information: .. .. BW404988 BW404988 M9610-3069S M9610-3069S M9610-3069S BM404701 BM404701 BM404701 BM404701 .. .. so I'm wanting a formula that would highlight the first two, then not the next three, then the next four. Does anyone know of how to do this? There won't necessarily be this 2, 3, 4 pieces of data. I'm trying to base it off of information found within column E. Thanks much, DJ You need to be more speci...

How to protect a cell INSTANTLY the moment the data is entered!!
Hello, I want to know how to protect the cell at the very moment data i keyed in and entered without using the protection option in the tool' bar! I would like the process to be automatic!! for example: in cell B if i type in the word "king" and press ENTER! after this i must not b able to modify the word as the cell should be automatically protected if any one has a response to this please reply i would be eagerl waiting for it! thanx! Mot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could do this by having the cell unprotected>entering the data>have a workshee...

choosing first instance of non zero data
how do i tell excel to count the number of cells until it reaches 3 zeros? Zip w.1 w.2 w.3 w.4 w.5 w.6 w.7 w.8 80001 0 3 2 0 1 0 0 0 start here | | End here Sheet 2: (output) Zip Count 80001 4 ...

Exchange 2000 Sending out old Emails When ever Exchange Service is restarted
I have a single exchange server that is sending out old emails whenever the Exchange Service is restarted. It is alwasy the same emails and they go to post inside and outside recipients. As long as I don't restart the Exchange Service, everything is fine. This has been going on about a month, but I need to spend some time getting it resolved now. Any pointers? I haven't turned up much in searching for myself. Thanks Jason- If you look in the folders for your SMTP Service, particuarly drop, queue, and pickup, are there old messages in there? By default this folder is in C:\program fi...

OWA hangs after moving mailboxes to another Exchange Server
After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the mailbox never loads in the IE page. Clients with mailboxes on other Exchange Servers do not experience this problem. No errors are occurring onscreen or in the event logs. Any ideas? On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:58:32 -0800, JDavis <JDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another >Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the >mailbox never ...

Exchange 5.5 On W2K Services Won't Initialize
I have a Windows 2000 AD Server. Which has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. For some reason now the following services won't start. Exchange Event Service Internet Mail Service Message Transfer Agent System Attendant When I do try and start these services this error comes up: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b) Click on OK to terminate the application. Then when I do this one comes up. Error 1053, the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. In the event logs I get this as well Source:...

forwarding question for exchange 2k3
I have a new Exchange 2k3 server up and running. I am looking to add email addresses for folks in our sister company and route the messages to them. For example I wish to have johndoe@xyz.com (my domain) route to johndoe@xyz.de (sister domain). Can this be done without creating full mailboxes for those users? Thanks JP You can add Active Directory contact objects into your domain for the sister company. If there are shedloads you can consider using something like SimpleSync www.cps- systems.com to do regular synch ups between the two domains. If the two domains are only liked via the...

Pulling data from one cell to another
A column contains people's first name and last seperated by a comma. Ho can I tell excel to pull everything after the comma to B column an leave the first name in Column A? Thank -- inthewa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- intheway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=672 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26918 intheway, have a look at data text to columns, post back if you need more help on this -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post a...

CRM and Outlook E-Mail exchange
Hello, we have some problems sending mail between members of our domain. When employee A (using Outlook) wants to send a mail to employee B (who is using CRM) the mail arrives at employee B's Outlook Inbox and never appears in the CRM. I figure that exchange does handle internal mail differently, is there any way to treat internal mail the same as external mail and deliver it both to CRM and Outlook-Inbox? Btw, we don't want to use SFO. Regards Tobias Internal Mail won't be handled by the exchange connector since it could only listen on the external smtp port..... Possible so...