Question regarding opening Calender

When I open Outlook it always open to my email.  I want to open it to see my
calendar always.  How might I do that?

Thanks!
Russ

Russ's Signature Page
http://home.comcast.net/~rblwood/Signature.html

Tools->Options->Other->Advanced.  Change it using the dropdown list.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, SignatureMan asked:

| When I open Outlook it always open to my email.  I want to open it to
| see my calendar always.  How might I do that?
|
| Thanks!
| Russ
|
| Russ's Signature Page
| http://home.comcast.net/~rblwood/Signature.html

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
2/12/2004 10:41:38 PM
Hi Russ,

To have Outlook automatically open to your calandar, click on Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options, and change the "Startup in this folder" to calendar.

Thanks,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------
>From: "SignatureMan" <signaturemanme@comcast.net>
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>Subject: Question regarding opening Calender
>Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:17:33 GMT
>
>When I open Outlook it always open to my email.  I want to open it to see my
>calendar always.  How might I do that?
>
>Thanks!
>Russ
>
>Russ's Signature Page
>http://home.comcast.net/~rblwood/Signature.html

0
scatki (156)

Making a form Maximize when opened?
How do I do this? "m galvin" <mgalvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BE1B7CF-E57A-42D5-B103-8A48E657C0E5@microsoft.com... > How do I do this? In the form's Open event, execute the statement: DoCmd.Maximize Note that maximizing a form also maximizes any other (non-popup) forms and reports, so you may want to restore things when the form closes. In that case, you could use the form's Close event to execute the statement DoCmd.Restore You can also do the same thing using the corresponding macro actions, Maximize an...

How do I get a dialog box asking if I want to open a downloaded do
When I download a document, I would like a pop-up box to ask if I want to open the document. On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:02:01 -0800, Ron <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I download a document, I would like a pop-up box to ask if I want to >open the document. It seems to me that would be a function of whatever program you're using to do the downloading. Is that Word? -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

Problem opening files in excel with a specific account
Hi. We have problmes opening a couple of files in excel, without any specific error message. The application just "hangs". When we log on to WXP as another user, the files work fine. We have re-installed excel, deleted and recreated the user profile which has problems, but still no luck. Anybody got a clue why this is happening? The computer excel is running on is a DELL Optiplex Pentium HyperThreading machine. Thansk in advance. Sometimes cleaning up the windows Temp folder will help. If that doesn't help, sometimes the file that contains the toolbar customizations...

opening newer PST version in older office
Good morning, i was wondering if there is a known way to Open a PST file created in outlook 2003 in office xp. I know most programs arent forwards compatible like this so i am a bit confused as to how to accomplish this. thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide Outlook 97 thru 2002 cannot open the newer unicode PST file created by Outlook 2003 and later. The Outlook 2003 and later client would have to export/create a legacy PST for the older client. "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC8CC605-1373-4007-AACD-B8C3443B581...

Outlook 2010: Unable to open an internet link in a received message
Whenever I try to click a link appearing in an email I get a message saying someting like: "operation aborted due to limitations defined for this computer. Contact your systems manager (it's in Norwegian so I have to translate to the best of my ability. My OS is Windows7. I use Norton Internet security, latest edition. Can anyone tell me how to control this? Jan Erik, Oslo, Norway "Jan Erik" <jefrithj@online.no> skrev i meddelelsen news:1fit56d2ruccndr7pmneqrlm32qohghgnr@4ax.com... > Whenever I try to click a link appearing in an email I get a message > sa...

Increasing recently opened files list
Does anyone know how to increase number of files shown in recently opened files list? Mine shows four, and I'd like eight or ten, the same as I get in all my other MS applications. Any auggestions?? Thanks. tabboo wrote: > Does anyone know how to increase number of files shown in > recently opened files list? Mine shows four, and I'd like > eight or ten, the same as I get in all my other MS > applications. Any auggestions?? Thanks. =================================== What is the name and version of the program you are referring to? -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled...

File opening problem over network
I have what seems to be a strange excel file opening issue that I can't pinpoint and I would greatly appreciate any ideas to try for this problem. We have a network computer running windows 98 SE. On this computer there are many .xls files stored for users to access. Often when opening the files users get an error that reads: Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk pace. -To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need. -To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk yo...

want to download csv file from website and need to open in Excel.
currently the file is opening in html, then i save it as a text file, then manually open Excel and finally open the text file and then the file opens in csv format. this used to happen behind the scenes then I received a new computer. i am sure there must be a switch that needs to be toggled but at am at a loss as to what that swithc might be. any ideas? from: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q162059/ 1. Open My Computer. 2. On the Tools menu (or the View menu), click Folder Options (or click Options). 3. Click the File Types tab. 4. In the Registered file types list, click the specific...

VarPtr() and StrPtr() questions
I just learned a bit about VARPTR and STRPTR. So I wrote some code that doesn't make sense: Private Type SR_REC SR_LONG As Long SR_STRING As String * 16 End Type Private Sub Form_Load() Dim LLL As Long, SSS As String Dim SR4(3) As SR_REC Debug.Print "A>"; VarPtr(SSS); " "; StrPtr(SSS); " "; VarPtr(I); " "; StrPtr(LLL) Debug.Print "B>"; VarPtr(SR4(0)); " "; VarPtr(SR4(1)); " "; VarPtr(SR4(2)); " "; VarPtr(SR4(3)) Debug.Print "C>"; VarPtr(SR4(1).SR_LONG); " &...

SFO Question about authentication
When SFO is "offline" , is there any validation against the current logged on user. i.e Does SFO check the current user to see if they are a valid CRM user? Thanks Mike Yes it does. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Mike R" wrote: > When SFO is "offline" , is there any validation against the current logged > on user. i.e Does SFO check the current user to see if they are a valid CRM > user? > > Thanks > > Mike > > > ...

why can't open excel?
Now i can't open excel,because i recieve the error message: EXCEL &#22312; 0167:300267fc module EXCEL.EXE cause an invalid page fault&#12290; Registers: EAX=0062e9a0 CS=0167 EIP=300267fc EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00000000 SS=016f ESP=0062e92c EBP=0062e998 ECX=00000000 DS=016f ESI=00000000 FS=1a57 EDX=00000000 ES=016f EDI=01013d7c GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8b 31 e8 20 00 00 00 50 ff 35 58 80 68 30 ff 56 Stack dump: 00000012 00000000 00000000 0062e9a0 00000000 30026820 00000012 0062e9a0 00000000 3002679f 00000012 0062e9a0 00000002 01010010 00000028 000008f0 But word,ppt,access are ok.i ...

Open XLS file without it's number format using VBA?
An XLS file has been saved with it's numbers formatted to a specified number of decimal places. Using VBA how do you read in that XLS file with the numbers unformatted and with the original number of decimal places? Workbooks.Open (filename:="myFileName.xls", ????) Not sure what you mean by "read in". The values are still in the cells. If you open the workbook, then transfer the cell values from the worksheet to VBA, you'll get the entire number, not the version that is rounded for viewing purposes. On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 22:55:55 GMT, Dennis@NoSpam.com wrote: >...

address book question #3
Using Outlook 2003... Whenever I open the Outlook Address Book, a dialog pops up telling me that the contact list associated with the address book can't be opened. Problem is, there are clearly contacts listed in Outlook. It gets really wierd when I check the properties for the address boon under "Tools --> Email Accounts --> View or Change existing directories or address books." There's nothing listed in there, yet there's a contacts folder listed in the "Show names from" dropdown in the address book dialog. So... How do I delete the current, e...

Outlook not opening word attachments
I am having trouble trying to get into my emails through both Outlook 2003 and on msn messenger? Basically, it tells me the attachments are not available to open! even though they open on other machines when forwarded etc!! The files are normally either word .doc or .jpg's Any HELP would be appreciated Paul add yourself to the admin group to the pc >-----Original Message----- >I am having trouble trying to get into my emails through >both Outlook 2003 and on msn messenger? > >Basically, it tells me the attachments are not available >to open! even though they op...

Double click to open form and create new record
Hi team, Have scoured all of the posts and tried several different things for days but just can't seem to nut this one out. I have a form (FrmSeedBankStockAvailable) in datasheet view that lists seed lots by BatchID. I want to be able to double click on the record selector for a particular batch and have a form (DialogSeedBankWithdrawal) open so that I can make a new withdrawal entry, with the BatchID already entered from the selected record. I know that to do this I need to use the forms' DblClick property. I have been using the following code (and tried variations of from...

Sales Order remains open after Invoice transfer
Hi Everyone, Does somebody has a hint to solve this issue : Today a user tried to transfer a Sales Order from SOP windows into an Invoice. There was one item that was out of stock and therefore the system asked what to do ? user answered to backorder all the quantities of that item, since it was down to zero in inventory. Once the Invoice was created, the user realised that the Sales Order was still available in the open orders. She created the Backorder from the INvoice since the item was N/A (zero) and the BO created fine. A new SO was also generated from that BO... So far I've ...

Re-enabled AD account can't open it's mailbox
Hi, we just disable the wrong users AD account, so we renabled it and they now cannot access their mailbox: They error on the Exchange 2003 server is: Disabled user /o=Company name/ou=New York/cn=Recipients/cn=Joe.Bloggs does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. Try this article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=278966 Nebojsa Seslija "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A43EEC0E-D62D-4213-9BC4-503EAA12E40A@microsoft.com... > Hi, we just disable the wrong u...

Open File Path not as expected
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I open a file via the OPEN dialog, I expect Word to open that same folder (subdirectory) the next time I OPEN a file. But it doesn't. The OPEN dialog opens to a folder up a level or two from the previously defined target. What up? You're expecting the Windows Word behaviour. Mac Word doesn't do that. Many of us wish it did, but Mac OS has a different concept of "Current Folder" from Windows, and apparently it would be against the rules for Microsoft to replicate the Windows beh...

Outlook 2002: Emails opening in Edit Mode
I have a user with Outlook 2002. Recently, when he opens emails, the cursor is in the body of the email and in "edit" mode. When he drags his mouse over the "Reply, Reply to All, Forward, etc" buttons, they are inactive and cannot be pressed. If he selects any other window, and then reselects the open email window, the focus is correctly set, the cursor is no longer blinking in the message body, and he can now drag his mouse over the afore mentioned buttons and they are active and can now be pressed. He hasn't set any option to automatically open emails in ...

Linking Question #3
I have several books that are all in the same folder (master templates) I'd like to link them with out recording the "full path", that way I can copy the files to "project" folders and use them. But I don't want them pointing back to the files in the master template folder. Can I declare some kind of variable %HERE% so that the linked files always searches the folder where the current file is located? Thanks for any suggestions. xjvs xjvs, Once way to do it that always works is to open the several files from the master folder, then save each file into the p...

Simple (I bet) Newbie question...
I hope this is possible to have happen all in 1 formula How can i compose a formula that would acheive the following: If the number in J5 is at least 10,000 but up to 24,999 then multiply cell I5 X B5 If the number in J5 is at least 25,000 but up to 49,999 then multiply cell I5 X C5 If the number in J5 is at least 50,000 but up to 99,999 then multiply cell I5 X D5 If the number in J5 is over 100,000 or above then multiply cell I5 X E5 If the number in J5 is UNDER 10,000 then display "Under Min" (or something like it) Thanks for reading!! Hi The formula should be enter...

If Question 02-03-10
Hi everyone Hope this isn't a silly question (as think I may have made it harder in my head than it needs to be! given all the formulas I'm putting in are bringing back errors!!) I have one worksheet which gathers info from other sheets and has the following info A B C D Name % % % In another worksheet I have a list of names (column M say M3) next to the names I want to put in a formula that will give me the following results: If M3 is in worksheet 1 and the corresponding cells to that name in b, c and d are all >0% write Yes...

Drop Down List Question #2
I have a drop down list from 5 cells merged together so as I can read the length easier, I know I cant select a field from merged cells, is there any way that when I select my choice I can get cells either side of my selection A B F 12 Jan Apples $12.00 17 Feb. Pears $14.00 I have B Column as my range in drop down , how can I get the date and price to move as well? What I want to do is select Pears and the date, Item and price would move to say K L P Columns if my drop down list was in L column...

hardware upgrade questions
I am ready to upgrade the PC that acts as the server and back office PC for a setup running 2 POS lanes and 2 manager PC's that do not run POS. A few years ago it was setup with a XP pro, Pentium 4, 2.8GHz with 1 GB ram. Performance was fine, but now with several years of data, running sales history reports or movement reports is getting very slow. What is the biggest bottleneck for running these reports, hard drive speed, processor speed or memory? I have no problem in the budget for fast hard drives (thinking SAS 15K in a RAID 0) and memory, but how far should I go in upgrading t...

Conditional Formating and SetFocus Question
Thanks in advace. This place has answered a lot of questions before I needed to ask. Now, I need to ask. I have a Continous Form [DetailSubForm] based on table [DetailTbl] that has the following fields. *[DetailID], [DocID], [CompDate],[SubDate], [ConfirmDate], and [ExpireDate]. The [DocID] field is a dropdown list that draws the data from the [TrainDocTbl]. I would like to use GetFocus to go to one of the Date fields depending on the selection made in [DocID]. It would also be nice to be able to declare the backcolor and forecolor of the whole record depending on that choice...