Publisher Classes

Looking to take Microsoft Publisher training in Princeton area.
1-2 days at hotel or other training facility

I suspect you may have inadvertently posted this to the wrong forum.  This
is a Microsoft Outlook support group.  You probably want the
microsoft.public.publisher support group.

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"Audrey Maest" <clay-target-sports@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Looking to take Microsoft Publisher training in Princeton area.
> 1-2 days at hotel or other training facility

0
mvp1 (459)

publisher #74

Virtual Pages in Publisher
In Publisher 2003, how can I create virtual pages that when printed to A4 printer will print four of these virtual pages to a sheet of A4? ...

Inventory class ID intergration?
I want to set up inventory class ID's from a delimitated text file. Is there an integration to use in Integration Manager already setup somewhere? You would need to build a direct to table integration to populate IV40400. -- Jim@TurboChef "Martin Miller" wrote: > I want to set up inventory class ID's from a delimitated text file. Is there > an integration to use in Integration Manager already setup somewhere? ...

what's the difference between publisher 2007 and the academic vers
I'm trying to buy this software but I can't understand the difference between these two thank you http://www.officeforlawyers.com/offsuites.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Roxy" <Roxy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11917F06-D01B-41D2-A3EF-A1C674900FFD@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to buy this software but I can't understand the difference between > these two > thank you It could be they mean an academic pricing of the program. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 20...

How do I speed up printing of multiple color pages in MS Publishe.
When printing one to five copies of the same color page with multiple color photos, the job loads to the printer quickly and prints quickly. But if making a large number of copies (say 100), the job loads very slowly and there is a significant time delay between the printing of each page. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from JerryBeebe <JerryBeebe@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > When printing one to five copies of the same color page with multiple > color photos, the job loads to the printer quickly and prints > quickly. But if maki...

Hello, can someone tell me how to password protect my Publisher f.
How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html Otherwise, you might as well try here: Psychic Friends Network (800) 592-7827 -- Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on salads. "Publisherman" <Publisherman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A...

making buisness cards in publisher with a staples product
how do I make a buisness card in publisher with a staples product that is not listed in the options menu? I love publisher and have used it for all my event stuff. I have tried to go through page set up in the file menu but there seems to be a description conflict. the publisher program ask's for horizontal gap measurments, they are not on the box of the cards. Is their anything I can do? staples help line just directed me to microsoftword. Generally they have an Avery equivalent listed somewhere on the package. Look for tiny print. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Te...

I am trying to send an html email from Publisher but it won't let
Why is this? When I have used it in the past, on a different machine, you click on file > Send E-mail > Send as HTML. However this option is not there, and the only option is to add as attachment. Any help would be greatly appreciated! many thanks Could be that you are trying to use an older version of Outlook than Publisher's version. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Robskils" <Robskils@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65D11FAF-D727-4D0F-BAFD-08E0A7C92D94@micros...

Creating 5 foot paper banner in Publisher
Can anyone tell me why only 1 page is printing when I try to print a 5 foot paper banner. After the first page, the printer stops... I feel like I've tried just about everything with no luck... Suggestions? Thanks, Steve Did you check your printer settings? On a related topic - has anyone ever been able to create a .pdf of a banner with PrimoPDF? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09de01c52a97$8fef4c60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me why only 1 page is printing when I try ...

Publisher e-newsletter mail merge?
1) I have built my e-newsletter in publisher 2003 (html format). 2) I have an excel database containing approx 1500 emails and corresponding names. 3) I have the MS Office Small Business Edition 2003 + MS Works 8 + MS Business Contact Manager installed. What is the best way to send my e-newsletter to my database of 1500 people? I do not want the list of all the recipients to display in the emails...so appear as though it was sent only to one recipient. Secondly I would like to minimize my email being caught in spam filters. Do I have any options? Probably 90% of your recipients will h...

can't view background in publisher, only in print preview
please help, the background has vanished from publisher pages, it shows up in print preview and prints ok but it's difficult to work with without seeing a background. clyde wrote: > please help, the background has vanished from publisher pages, it > shows up in print preview and prints ok but it's difficult to work > with without seeing a background. ============================== Which version of Publisher? Just a thought...but is the background on the Master Page? If it is...try going to... View and uncheck...Ignore Master Page. -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Med...

Printing Different Invoice Forms depending on Customer Class ID
We bill in multiple currencies for multiple countries. Does anyone know how to automate the procedure to print the SOP Invoice document on different forms based on customer Class ID or currency? -- Burke Gladding How different are the formats? You might be able to use one format with conditional formatting for elements on the report. "Burke Gladding" wrote: > We bill in multiple currencies for multiple countries. Does anyone know how > to automate the procedure to print the SOP Invoice document on different > forms based on customer Class ID or currency? > -- ...

how do I print a booklet from publisher that is on four pages on .
I am trying to print a booklet onto one page (4 page booklet onto one 8 x 11 sheet of paper that can be folded-2 "booklets per side of paper) and it either prints a blank page or the wording is over each other. I haver tried about 30 different ways by my printer settings and can not seem to get it. I was able to do this booklet in the past but it won't do it any more. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks Hi, Carol -- In Publisher, select Page Setup. Then select layout...from the menu, select "booklet." My system defaults to 8.5 x 11 landscape...giving you...

can i create a guestbook using microsoft publisher?
I am trying to create a web page with a guestbook for visitors to sign. Can I create a guestbook using microsoft publisher 2007? Quicker answers may be found at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign ? "Jill B" <Jill B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED514120-CB19-4E64-9E0B-865140EB0B84@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a web page with a guestbook for visitors to sign. Can >I > create a guestbook using microsoft publisher 2007? Jill, No. A guestbook will require (at least in most cases) a database as well as either php or asp. Try www.sou...

Item Class ID
Hello, I am currently using GP10 SP1. I am having a problem when I change an item class. Instead of keeping the Quantity Decimal Places at 2 and Unit of Measure at Each it changes the Quantity Decimal Places to zero and clears out the Unit of Measure field. If I try to select a unit of measure I get the following message "Decimal places for the U of M schedule and the item must match." What is causing this? Thanks, Jocelyn First, be careful changing class IDs. Classes often carry account numbers. If the Inventory Asset Account changes and there is a quantity on hand, ...

My cropping function in Publisher does not work as described!Why?
The croppping function in my Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 Publisher program does not cut off an inserted picture properly. The size of the crop is accurate but the resulting picture inside is expanded and the result is not as I want it to be. What is wrong? Al O Crop your photo with photo-editing software then insert it in your Publisher document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Al O" <Al O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E65B108-E28F-4CBB-9525-571E7687D0E9@microsoft.com... > The croppping function in my Microsoft ...

Publisher 2007 #16
My PC is with Windows XP, S.P.2 and Microsoft Office 2003 - Home Edition (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Now I want to install Publisher - the newest version, Publisher 2007. Does this combination cause troubles for me? -- Frank L. It shouldn't. I have XP Pro, Office 2003 and Pub 2007 on my older computer and it's fine. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Wiking" <Wiking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C0D18D4-501B-437B-B510-3C238C1BCA69@microsoft.com... > My...

HELP Publish as PDF Option
I created a brochure in Publisher as landscape. When I publish as PDF it take my document and puts my ladscaped file onto a portrait . How do I correct this? "Speller" <Speller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BD45E61-055A-4111-8007-E9B854BD4218@microsoft.com... > I created a brochure in Publisher as landscape. When I publish as PDF it > take my document and puts my ladscaped file onto a portrait . How do I > correct this? You need to set the PDF creation program as landscape. It would be nice if you told us the version of Publishe...

How can I send a multi page document by email from publisher 2003
Publisher 2003 allows me to send one page of a publication as an email. how can I send multiple pages in one email? Attaching to an email is no good as most recipients do not have a program to open the attachment. I need help urgently thanks in advance for your prompt reply Spider25160 <Spider25160@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Publisher 2003 allows me to send one page of a publication as an > email. how can I send multiple pages in one email? Attaching to an > email is no good as most recipients do not have a program to open the > attachme...

Trouble converting from print to web in Publisher
I'm working on a newsletter and need to convert from print to web. When I do so, it converts my first 7 pages perfectly and then within Publisher, I have to create more pages and link the excess text (text overflow) to new text boxes on those pages. Fine, I can do that but then when I save it as an htm file and open it outside of Publisher, it only shows my very first page. Am I doing something wrong here? Please help!! That seems normal, since Publisher only will show your first page in on the HTM file. In order to get to your other pages you need to have a link from the first...

Published Printers
I have published some printers in Active Directory. What I would like to know is where does AD store this information? I didn't create a printer object so I want to know where AD returns information from a search for printers. Which partition does it store this information in, is it the Configuration or Domain Naming partition? Hello Kevin, The objects are created, you can view them if you enable under VIEW, show users, contacts.... as containers. Now go to the printer server and you can expand the + before the printserver. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: T...

Converting Publisher Files to PDF Format
When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a message that says "The size of the paper you have chosen is too small to show the printer markings", but when my commercial printing guy takes my same Publisher files and converts them, it works. What am I doing wrong. I've already talked to Adobe and they think that my Acrobat Distiller is set up properly. I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard, Windows XP Professional, Publisher 2003 and an IBM desktop with 260 gigabytes of memory ediejensen wrote: > When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a mess...

How can I change the shape of an image inserted into a publisher?
Do you want to do something other than change the height or width? If yes, you won't be able to in Publisher. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Rossman" <Rossman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F011697E-2A9A-4CA2-8964-B9D41BF48DDB@microsoft.com... > Thanks Don. Yeah, I was hoping to be able to bend an edge to add appeal to the image. Not possible huh? "Don Schmidt" wrote: > Do you want to do something other than change the height or width? If yes, > you won't be able to in Publisher. > > > -- > Don > Vancou...

Why are my publisher emails not sending?
I have created an email merge via the wizard and it looked to have sent however nothing has appeared in my outlook 07 sent items or outbox. I am using vista and office 07. ...

Published Free & Busy Information inconsistent
Envirnonmet=Windows 2000 SP4, E2K SP3+Sept 2003 rolled up hotfix, Outlook 2000 SR1 clients. I have recently deployed a group policy to force OL clients to publish 12 months of Free&Busy data to our organization, all this seems fine and all 4000 clients have the setting set to 12 months and update every 15 minutes, we have 7 servers and replicate the public folder to all servers. The data that is visible in the client meeting request window pane is very inconsistent with very few actuall displaying the 12 mths, some have upto 6 mths and some only 2, i have observed that this varies at times...