Public holiday in shared folders

Hello,

We use Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003.

Each people has its own calendar, and is is possible to insert
automatiquely the public holiday.

Now, I am trying to do the same for the shared calendars, but is
doesn't work.

In fact, even if we select the public folders, Outlook try to insert
them again in the user's calendar

Any idea ?

Best regards,

Oliver

Best bet would be to copy them from another person's calendar since you
can't directly add them from within Outlook

"Support" <support@rdfdfd.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We use Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003.
>
> Each people has its own calendar, and is is possible to insert
> automatiquely the public holiday.
>
> Now, I am trying to do the same for the shared calendars, but is doesn't
> work.
>
> In fact, even if we select the public folders, Outlook try to insert them
> again in the user's calendar
>
> Any idea ?

0
vince8328 (2733)
1/18/2006 1:50:16 PM
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook] a formul� ce mercredi :
> Best bet would be to copy them from another person's calendar since you can't
> directly add them from within Outlook
>
> "Support" <support@rdfdfd.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> We use Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003.
>>
>> Each people has its own calendar, and is is possible to insert
>> automatiquely the public holiday.
>>
>> Now, I am trying to do the same for the shared calendars, but is doesn't
>> work.
>>
>> In fact, even if we select the public folders, Outlook try to insert them
>> again in the user's calendar
>>
>> Any idea ?

Thanks for quick answer... And how I do that ?

Best regards,

Olivier

Use the Events view of a calendar folder that's had the Holidays added, drag
& drop the events to the Public Folder calendar.

> Thanks for quick answer... And how I do that ?

0
vince8328 (2733)
1/18/2006 2:38:17 PM
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook] a utilis� son clavier pour �crire :
> Use the Events view of a calendar folder that's had the Holidays added, drag
> & drop the events to the Public Folder calendar.
>
> "Support" <support@rdfdfd.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for quick answer... And how I do that ?

YES ! It's done !

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Oliver

In news:mn.936a7d61f268d624.48077@rdfdfd.com,
Support <support@rdfdfd.com> typed:
> Hello,
>
> We use Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003.
>
> Each people has its own calendar, and is is possible to insert
> automatiquely the public holiday.
>
> Now, I am trying to do the same for the shared calendars, but is
> doesn't work.
>
> In fact, even if we select the public folders, Outlook try to insert
> them again in the user's calendar
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Oliver

Replied in microsoft.public.exchange.clients. Please don't multipost - if
you need to post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by
posting a single message to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG
names with commas) so that everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :-)

See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

0
lanwench (7567)

Public folders in OWA #2
I had a problem earlier this week with getting OWA to work, finally got it working, when i added the defualt app under IIS. But when it comes up now if you go to public folders it shows it as a Directory rather than the normal outlook contacts look....you can browse it all the way to the contact, like this: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:51 AM 893 Bob Ponder.EML Any ideas? Sounds like you modified something in IIS Admin, then had those settings propagate down to the Public vdir. The only way I've ever been able to fix the view problem you are mentioning is to reinstall...

Transfering Outlook Calendar, Contacts and IMAP-folders to Live Ma
I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Ulf Eriksson wrote: > I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. > Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP > folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live > Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Download and install the trial version of Office 2007....

Publisher 2007 Can i make a calender with holidays already on it?
IS there a way to make a calender in Publisher 2007 that already has holidays in it? I have a no frills 2009 calendar on my website with the holidays. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm Scroll down a little. Adding holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jaci" <Jaci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BB20065-41A5-479F-85E1-C4E91112ECBD@microsoft.com... > IS there a way to make a calender in Publisher 2007 that already has holidays > in it? ...

Merging folders in WLM
In OE and Windows Mail all messages went into the Inbox, no matter how many email addresses I had. In WLM they all go into separate folders. I'd like to have things back the way they were. How can I do this? Thanks Sorry, that's the way Windows Live Mail works. You can simulate the older mail client behavior by collapsing all the accounts to one line each, then do all your viewing via Quick View folders, which can be customized quite a bit. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "RobJenk" <...

having every deleted items folder empty on exit
Hi. I have outlook 2003 set up so that my deleted items folder in my default personal folders empties when I exit. At the same time, my wife has a personal folder set up that has a deleted items folder in it as well. However, this one does not empty automatically as the default deleted items folder does upon exit. Is there any way to change this so all deleted items folders empty when I exit? Thanks for any help. No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Othe...

Shared User Issue When Opening Database
I have an issue this afternoon which, I feel probably isn't directly related to Access, but would be grateful for guidance if anyone has experienced this before. I have a database (default open mode - shared) which, this afternoon, won't allow a second user to open it. If a second user tries to open the database a message box is displayed quoting the path of the database file plus "The parameter is incorrect" The database is located on a shared folder on our network. Thanks for any assistance. Dave ONLY the data should be on a shared folder, not th...

releasing shared folder from read only..
X-No-Archive: yes I've got a simple network, 3 computers + 2 wireless, all XP Pro. Have A folder called *work* set up on one computer which I can see, open and open files inside from any computer on the network. I cannot save back to the folder because it tells me it is 'read only' ..............which it is! I've disabled simple file sharing and set the folder to full control, (it's shared, obviously) and each time I unclick the read only radio button in the properties tab for the folder, click apply, exit and re-enter the folder, the read only radio butt...

Cannot access Public Folders via ESM
Hello, I am not able to view or expand the public folders via ESM. I get the same problem if I try it from the exchange server, or remote. It just hangs, no error message. I or the users don’t have a problem connecting from outlook. I’m using exchange 2003 on wind server 2003 sp1 Thanks Try restarting the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. "Marsel" <Marsel @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EBCE555-FCDD-4304-B2C4-F82E5DD1690E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am not able to view or expand the public folders via ESM. I get the same &g...

Updating Share Point list from within Excel
I have the need to update an existing SharePoint list within Excel using VBA code. Is this possible? Can somebody point me to some reference that can direct met on how to do it? I'm able to save workbook and create dashboard from that workbook. However, now I need to update custom fields in an existing list. Regards, OMER ...

How Do I Share Data Files?
I need to deploy an application which shares data among all users of a computer. I thought I could do that by putting the data file in the Common Application Data folder. However, that doesn't work because Vista is using virtualization to make a unique copy of the file for each user, so it isn't being shared. How do I deploy an application with shared data? Is there a document anywhere that describes the best practices for folder usage in Vista? -TC ...

Lost folder #3
All my folders are gone. In outlook express i had a folder right after my drafts it's now gone. How can i find this? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us...

2 Personal folders??
Hi. I've just pasted my saved PST file into a newly formatted and newly installed Outlook 2003. Copied it into Me>local settings>application data>Microsoft>Outlook The trouble is, on opening Outlook, I now have 2 Personal folders, they are identical. All my stuff is there but twice. Could you please tell me how I can get rid of one Thank you Hi JB, maybe you have a Ghost PST file: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Groupware without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronization for laptops: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware....

Problems replication Public Folders
Hi, I have two Exchange Servers with Public Folders, they are replicating. I want to disconnect one of them for ever. My question is, what happend with the folders? All information are in the two server duplicated? I'm not going to loose any information. Thanks for all, I'm begginer in Exchange Server Mauricio Campos You need to make sure that you follow Microsoft's removal instructions before you just take an Exchange server offline. You will cause hell for yourself if you dont. See these Microsoft Docs. 235396 XADM: How to Determine the First Exchange Server Computer ...

Exchange 5.5 public folders not being seen in Exchange 2003 GAL
We have an issue where some of our Exchange 5.5 public folders cannot be seen in the Global Address List by the staff who are using Exchange 2003. We have tried adding permissions to the public folders for the staff who need to send to them, but that has made no difference. The folders also cannot be seen in the public folder hierarchy. Any advice appreciated. swingman100@hotmail.com (swingman) wrote: >We have an issue where some of our Exchange 5.5 public folders cannot >be seen in the Global Address List by the staff who are using Exchange >2003. We have tried adding permissio...

How to control network shares programatically?
Hello, I am trying to discover a non-GUI method of recording a network share's permissions and security settings, taking the share off-line, doing a bit of maintenance on the data on the share, bringing the share on-line again, and restoring all of the security and permission settings. Only the top level (shared folder) permissions and security settings need to be preserved. The individual files don't have special settings. The general NET SHARE commands can remove and install a shared folder, but can't help record and manage the security and permissions settings. I'm tr...

public folder deleted item recovery
I have public folders set up in Exchange 5.5 with a 3 day deleted item retention time for public folder contents. What actually causes a message to show up in the "recover deleted items" option? Obviously when a message is deleted from that folder, but are there any other reasons why a message would appear in the "recover deleted items" option? No. Only way to allow messages to show up is set Deleted Item Retention. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "cglady2000" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Startup other user's folder
I have created an e-mail address with my company that about 400 people will need to access to sift through and work items accordingly... I was wondering if there was an easy way (possibly using command line options) to load a specific users folder? outlook /??? "foldername" (inbox) Thankyou very much for your help! Matthew ...

How do I add holidays in a calendar?
I am trying to create a calendar in publisher, but I can't seem to find an option to automatically generate and input general holidays in the calendar? Can anyone help me with that? It is a manual job. There are calendar maker applications that will add the most popular holidays. Might do a search on the Internet. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4271045-3473-466E...

folders in outlook 2003
can you password protect a folder in outlook 2003? You can password protect a PST file, if that's what you're using. You can't password protect a folder within it. stu leonard wrote: > can you password protect a folder in outlook 2003? ...

How to convert mail folder to text files
Hi, Could someone suggest the best way to convert the contents of the local outlook news/mail folders into text files? The idea, of course, is to avoid manually editing each and every message. Thnx, Andre "AW" <one_at_large@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11ob6tcqn9p5kd4@corp.supernews.com > Hi, > Could someone suggest the best way to convert the contents of the > local outlook news/mail folders into text files? > The idea, of course, is to avoid manually editing each and every > message. > Thnx, > Andre Install Mozilla Thunderbird ...

How to navigate to a password protected network folder
Hello all, I have a folder stored on my work VPN. In Windows Explorer, after connecting to the VPN, I can navigate to the folder by typing its address in the address bar. Windows then asks me for some logon credentials and I can navigate the folder. Trying to use PowerShell to navigate to the same folder brings up an "Access Denied" message. I was wondering if there was any way to enter my user credentials so that PowerShell can navigate the location? Thanks --Amr I assume that you talk about network share. In this case you need to use NET USE command: net u...

can not reply to mail from administrator's shared mailbox
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C4F97A.C2EB1890 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hello people! we've recently had server2k3 sbs installed mostly running absolutely = fine, few little teething troubles this being one of them; i'm not sure = if its by design or there's a setting needing a tweak somewhere for it.=20 the problem is i have my own mailbox aswell as being our business' = administrator so i view all the mis-sent mail and various server reports = from the adm...

Change Folder View When Using an Iframe to Display a Folder Contents
When an iFrame is being used to display the contents of a folder on a machine, is it possible to use VBScript to change the view of the folder? I've got a iFrame whose source is changed via VBScript, but when it changes the folder shows Icons. I'd rather view the folder Details instead. I don't know for sure, but I don't know of any way to access that setting in an open window. As personal settings they're not designed to be changeable by software. (Actually they're not very well designed to be changed by persons, either, but that's another story...

Outlook 2003 search folders
I want a search folder called "TODAYS MAIL" that shows me all the mail I got today excluding mail in teh Junk email and deleted folders... how do I handle the exclusions?? Never mind .. figuered it out... right click the folder and choose "Browse..." "Alexander Ross" <alexross@bleen.net> wrote in message news:%23a6aCB1nDHA.2500@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I want a search folder called "TODAYS MAIL" that shows me all the mail I got > today excluding mail in teh Junk email and deleted folders... how do I > handle the exclusions?? > >...

Sending large email to public folder
I am unable to send a large email over 10 mb to a Public folder. I have set the public folder delievery restrictions to the highest that is will go, something like a 1gb message. I have checked my AD size limit to the highest it will go with still no effect. Any Ideas? Check the properties of the Default SMTP Virual server, messages tab. This may be where the restriction is coming from -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no w...