Public Folders Appear before Mailbox

I jsut noticed something weird.  I am using Outlook XP and my other
mailboxes and Public Folders appear before mine.  Any idea why???

THis is very weird

Thanks
Norman

Exchange 2007
Hi there, I'm trying to create a public contact folder in Exchange 2007. I can create a new public folder using the "New-PublicFolder" shell command, but it defaults to Post item types. Could anyone tell me how to set it so that it defaults to Contact item types? Thanks, -Richard rk <rk@leapbeyond.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > I'm trying to create a public contact folder in Exchange 2007. > > I can create a new public folder using the "New-PublicFolder" shell > command, but it defaults to Post item types. Could anyone tell me how > t...

Public Folder Limit Warnings
I've recently setup 100mb limits on all our Public Folders. However, I've noticed that the warning message sent out when this limit is breached is only sent to the Owner of the folder. The problem with this for me is that the highest permission I like to grant our users is Publishing Editor...reserving the Owner role for myself. But this means the users aren't getting the limit warning notifications and I'm having to forward them on. Does anyone know a way of sending the limit warnings to the users without giving them Owner permission? On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:40:02 -0...

Restoring a Single file/folder
I copied over a file on Windows XP Professional and was wondering if there is a way to restore that file to it's previous state. System Restore will not change it back as it says it picked nothing up to restore. Thanks kylec wrote: > I copied over a file on Windows XP Professional and was wondering if > there is a way to restore that file to it's previous state. System > Restore will not change it back as it says it picked nothing up to > restore. Which file was copied? From where to where? Was anything deleted? Was this a system file? If so, what e...

Public folder query
Hi all, We have 4 Exchange servers running Windows 2003 Server and Exchange 2003. They are all at different offices and connected across a VPN. In the offices Outlook 2003 is used by the users for email and public folder access. Everyone in the these offices can access all public folders. OWA is used for users outwith the offices. User connect to their relevant exchange server with the following URLs: http://server1.domain.co.uk/exchange http://server2.domain.co.uk/exchange http://server3.domain.co.uk/exchange http://server4.domain.co.uk/exchange Users that connect to server1 can access ...

Public Folder access without e-mail address
Hello, We have a situation where we will be using a temp receptionist for a period of time and they need access to a Public Folder to add contacts but the IT manager does not want her to be able send/receive e-mail. Is there a way to setup a mailbox without an e-mail or disable the ability to send/receive mail but still allow Public Folder access?? Thanks you could configure a mailbox with restrictions so that she could not send or receive any email... "Eric M." <eric.moore@2arcanum.com> wrote in message news:3aaa01c4a575$fefe6ca0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > ...

UCEArchive folder
on my exch srv 2k3 sp2 system i have set the imf to the following gateway blocking config = 7 messages are set to archive store junk e-mail config set to =3 i have added the following registry entries for updates ContentFilterState registry key with the DWORD value 1 must be created under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange. and under contentfilter to store SCL values in the archive folder new dword value- ArchiveSCL value data set to 1- i still do not see a UCEArchive folder under PF\exchsrv\mailroot\vsi 1 folder The latest update for IMF is 2006.04.13 Thanks Michelle H...

Moving Inbox folders
I am trying to move things from a old computer which I was using Windows XP Office Outlook Express to a new computer which has Windows 7 Office Outlook. I would like to move my saved emails which are in the Inbox Folders in various groupings. Any ideas---what ever I try doesn't work. Thanks Paul B Have you downloaded/installed Windows Live Mail on your Windows 7 computer? (This is required as Outlook Express/Windows Mail doesn't come with Windows 7.) "Paul B" <Paul B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40F0FADC-86FF-449F-982D-ABC...

I have downloaded Outlook 2007, i can't find my personal folders
Can anyone guide me. I have downloaded Outlook 2007 and have lost my personal folders. When i got to file>open>outlook data file there is nothing there and i cand find it on c drive What does "I downloaded Outlook 2007" mean? How did you back up and migrate your Outlook data file? -- Russ Valentine "kazza402k" <kazza402k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AFD62E0-B8B0-4C64-9703-60E919025881@microsoft.com... > Can anyone guide me. I have downloaded Outlook 2007 and have lost my > personal > folders. When i got to file&g...

duplicate folder
In navigation pane two Personal Folders, but in Local Settings only one outlook.pst file. Cannot seem to get rid of the second Personal Folder which I named duplicate. Tried all the suggestions from Microsoft site bu no luck yet. Any ideas any one. Arend If you check the properties of the second set of the folders ("Duplicate") does it point to the same PST or another PST somewhere else? Also, what happens when you right click on the root of that set and choose "Close"? "Arend" <aj@vandermarel.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:dehusa$8f2$1@news8...

Exchange managed content settings managed folder content settings
Hello running Exchange 2007 sp2. I am trying to figure out the connection or correlate between "managed folder mailbox policies" and "new managed content settings" It looks like I can configure all the managed content settings I need by configuring a managed content settings, and it's the managed content settings that I create as an administrator on one of the default folders that are actually taking action on the emails in the folder. The "managed folder mailbox policy" contains no settings and doesn't seem or appear to do much, but it n...

Unable to open .DOC file. FILE DOWNLOAD box appears
Got a new pc a few months back with Vista home premium. Transferred files from old pc, was able to open old documents ok. But now when I try to open any .doc file (including those recently created from email attachments) I get the "file download" box and when I click "open" the box just pops back up again. Can open files created with Works and other programs ok. (Sometimes when I am doing this I get the "Windows Explorer wants to close" message.) I have the disc to upgrade to Windows 7 which I assume will fix the problem. Any suggestions for a quick ...

How do I insert several documents into one folder or file
I need to combine several word documents into a file or folder so that that folder can be sent as an attachment on e-mails On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:55:01 -0700, Elephant1 wrote: > I need to combine several word documents into a file or folder so that that > folder can be sent as an attachment on e-mails Word Documents? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever version of the Word program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows a...

Cleaning up log files under \Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA folder?
One of our exchange server is running out of space, I noticed there are a lot of .log files under \Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA, which was dated since day 1 when Exchange Server was created. What is the standard procedure in cleaning those up? These are your Exchange transaction log files; do not interfere with them manually. You need to perform an online backup with an Exchange aware backup program. This will purge the log files on a nightly basis (assuming you choose a full or incremental backup). As a short-term measure, you could enable circular logging, but this will limit your abil...

lost folder #5
Lost my Norton AntiSpam folder by mistake and cannot get it back. It's in outwood express but not in my microsoft outlook. Have tried reloading both outwood and norton antispam but nothing. Can anyone help please? Meg Not in this group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, meg asked: | Lost my Norton AntiSpam folder by mistake and cannot get | it back. It's in outwood exp...

Mailbox permission in Exchange 2003
Hi All, I'm having mailbox permission problems in my Exchange 2003 as all the mailbox in my Exchange 2003 server can read each other's mail. I suspect someone accidentally grant everyone to have privilieges to all the mailboxes. Need advise on how to remove everyone privileges in all the mailboxex to resolve this problems. Thanks. On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:34:01 -0800, Sim YF <Sim YF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > I'm having mailbox permission problems in my Exchange 2003 as all the >mailbox in my Exchange 2003 server can read each other's...

Recipient Policies and Public Folders
Is it possible to disable the email address automatic update feature of recipient policies on a Public Folder tree hierarchy? I want to retain the default recipient policy for assigning the correct email address and attributes when creating new users. I don't want to have an email address automatically assigned to new Public Folders when they are created. I want to be able to assign an email address manually if and when needed. Anyone know how to do this? At the moment I have to create the new Public Folder, then enter it's properties and unselect 'Automatically update emai...

two sets of personal folders #2
For some reason after installing, and then plugging in the pst files from my old outlook , I have two sets of personal folders in the list, they are identical, cant figure out how to get rid of the second one and keep the first. any help would be appreciated. xp sp2 machine outlook 2003 thanks You've corrupted your profile. Create a new profile (do not copy it); Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles To access your current pst-file in the new profile; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... To set it as the default delivery location; Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> b...

Outlook Folders #2
The main folders that come with the program are an integral part of th program, but unfortunately they delete very easily and without "are yo sure" warning. I want to recover the CONTACTS FOLDER and ONE OF TH THREE EXTRA CALENDAR VIEWS. This is not a simple issue, so I am hopin that someone happen to have a solution Go Campin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message325935.htm I'm not sure what you ...

Emptying Delted Items folder in OWA
We are using Exchange 2000. I have a few users who access their mail thru OWA. There are a hand full of users, who, when clicking on the "empty deleted items" icon to clean out there deleted items folder get the following error msg, "An error occurred while trying to empty the Deleted Items folder". They then have to go into the Deleted Items folder and manually select the messages, then hit the delete key to remove them. This only happens to a hand full of users. Can anyone tell me what to look for to clear this problem up? TIA, Jim ...

Restore mailboxes to another Exchange 2003 server
I have a single domain with two sites, one for the main office and one for the remote office. Each site has domain controllers, Global Catalog, and DNS servers. I put one Exchange server in each site. The users in each office only use the Exchange server on site. If in a case our main office is totally gone, is there a way I can restore the mailboxes for the main office users from the backup tapes to the Exchange server in the remote office? Any suggestions are highly appreciated. -- Yi On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:38:09 -0800, "Yi" <Yi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Is this mailbox sizes healthy for my users and exc2003
Hi My two biggest mailboxes in my exch2003 std + outlook2003 setup is 2.97 GB and 2.48GB and it is growing every day. My concern is obviously that something can happen to them and we all know what will happen. CHAOS. Those 2 mailboxes belong to the people in the highest positions in the business Question: I want to get the size down but what is my option. I heard 1000's of reasons why archiving to a .pst is bad. secondly, is it possible to create another "mailbox" for each of them and connect it to their original one so that they can drag and drop and bring the size down ...

Help with Dos For/F command and sub folders
Hi Guys Its one of those days when you say yes that can be done. Only to find out you start wishing you had said no! I need to inspect each .txt file in each subfolder and count the number of commas are in it and then list them i know i am missing something and must be my age @echo off setlocal enabledelayedexpansion for /F "usebackq" %%a IN ('*.txt') Do find /c /i "," %%a >>c: \commareport.txt This works fine for the folder is is in but i need to do all subfolders I have tried calling this bat from another bat but with no results. ...

Public Folders access problem (S2003)
We have Small Business Server 2003 and recently installed Exchange Server 2003. All went well, including the setup of a public folder called "Usercalendar", and the setup of several domain user's permission to use a group calendar within the folder. However, about 3 weeks have passed and we tried to go in and add some more user's to the list of those permitted into the group calendar. But now we cannot access our public folders at all. We have tried 3 different methods - Outlook (ie: MAPI access), Exchange System Manager, and the MMS snap-in for Exchange Server. Here...

unable to add additional mailbox
When I go to Tools, Services, Microsoft Exchange server properties, Advanced and click add to add an additioanl mailbox I get and error that the name coould not be resolved coould not find the name. This is happening in Outlook 98. It does not happening with the other profile that is on the computer. The profile that this is happening with has been removed and added again and still have the same problem. Is there a reason why this is happening and what can i do to fix it Yes i do have the right permissions for the mailbox. when i go the the accoount for the mail box I am trying to ad...

How to start Outlook with multiple folders?
Thanks to advice from this group, in Outlook 2000 (XP), I was able to start Outlook and have my Inbox, Calendar, and Tasks each open in a different window. To accomplish this in 2K, I started with the normal single-pane Inbox, selected Calendar, then right-clicked to 'Open in a new window'. Similar exercise with the Task list created a third window. In Outlook 2K, these three windows were persistent. Every time I re-started Outlook, the three windows opened up. Not so in Outlook 2003 -- I need to manually open the two extra folder views every session. Is there a way to get Outlook...