Public Folders #2

I have added the outlook registry entry that lets me view certain types of
documents within emails, i.e .exe, .bat, .chm and so on.....

But, when I try to open them from within public folders, it only lets me
save them to disk.
This is not what I want as I have docs in there that get updated every day
and I would like to open them from within the mail so it saves the changes
directly to it, rather than saving it to disk, editing, saving again and
then adding back into the posted item.

So to sum up....
How can I stop it so that it doesnt only give me the option to save the
attachment to disk?

All advice appreciated

Tommy Addison

0
tommya (2)

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

Disaster Recovery for CRM 1.2
Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go down. We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a step by step backup solution. Right now we are just backing the CRM databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones? The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data if needed. -- Thank You, Troy Hi Troy Microsoft have included details of backing...

2 Questions
Hi I run Win 2K with Excel 2K Question 1 I have some VB code in the "Sheet 1" module of my excel file. The code is as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column <> 12 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub I would like this code to run automatically whenever the file is opened. (I am assuming that this would remove the enable/disable dialog box option when opening the file) Can someone tell ...

getdlgitemtext #2
Hi, I meke code from example behind, and not working corectly, buffor "String1" they are no my text in IDC_EDIT1 it is a somthing wrong this bufor, may please send me good idea. void CDialogPASS::OnBnClickedButtonDp2() { CString String1; GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1, String1); } mike 1010 Is IDC_EDIT1 an actual control? I've seen this fail when the control ID changes due to editing of the dialog. joe On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:44:33 +0200, "1010" <mig1010@wp.pl> wrote: >Hi, > >I meke code from example behind, and not working >corectly,...

missing buttons #2
I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mails and my send button and now my paper clip button are missing. I've checked in where you can add buttons but they're not in their either. What can I do to find them. Are you using Word as your e-mail editor? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:4E889BAD-E127-4AF8-BC98-7AB117D0B90B@microsoft.com, Sharon wrote: > I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mail...

Multiple Outlook #2
I imported an Outlook 2000 pst file into Outlook 2003. Now when I open Outlook my Personal Folders appears 4 times in the left hand "All Mail Folders" When I close Outlook it gives me an error and msvbvm60.dll is mentioned. Any help on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated. Mick ...

queue stuck #2
HI... i ahve exchange 2003 and i am facing problem that i am getting lot junk email and all messagess are stuck in queue ..after that my server hang so i need to restart server and clear the queue before restart it does't allow me to clear the queue ... pls help me .. tejal ...

Trouble sending emails #2

display name #2
hi i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and not display name (Customer Care) how can i resolve it? Thanks An application should allow you to specify display name for sender. Does it send via SMTP or MAPI? Matrix_pd wrote: > hi > i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by > exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and > not display name (Customer Care) > > how can i resolve it? > > Thanks -- Please re...

double lookup #2
In Excel2000, I need help with the following formula: my data is arranged like this ( I can rearrange if needed).. joe pete sue rating 30 10 5 A 20 5 3 B 10 2 1 C I then have values for joe, pete, sue. I want to look up the name and then give me the rating. The numbers may not be exact. For example, I want the output to look like this ( with the formula looking up the rating) name amount rating (formula needed) joe 11 C pete 7 B sue 1 C Can someone please help me with the formula to fi...

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

PUBLIC CONTACTS #4
I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . When we creat a new contact and try to save it I get an error: "the item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?" Can anyone help me with this proble ? Thank you!! Mike wrote: > I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to > create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . > When we...

Attachment Size #2
Hi ! Is it possible to block the adding of attachments in an=20 outlook client ? Or block the adding for attachments that=20 are bigger than 2 MB for example ? Can i get an error=20 Message or something ? (I think about an GPO or Registry=20 change or something else....) I have Users around here with Pop3 Outlook 2000 and=20 Outlook 2003 Clients. The Problem is that some of them are=20 trying to send Mails with Attachments with 300 (three=20 hundred!!) MB or something else like that.... Because they=20 don=B4t look an the size of their attachments. So the Mail is going through our WAN over ...

Covert v. 2000 -> v. 2.0

Outlook98
I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders I have set up and been using over the past several years, have dissapeared. I believe the PST file is the same size, but the folders and their contents are nowhere to be found. How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1029601c3f42b$1ace3ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl, Kurt Wolfe wrote: > I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders > I have set up and been usi...

sharing folders in outlook
After setting up my outlook contact files to be shared via email, I sent a test email to myself asking if I wanted to accept the sharing utility. However on the email that was sent I am supposed to click on an 'accept' button to start sharing, however there is no 'accept' button present. There is a note that says if the button is not present I need to install the 'net folder component' however I have searched the microsoft site and cannot find any relevent installation advice. Does anyone have any ideas? What version of Outlook "Donna" <anonymous@di...

red recovery drive folder
So I got a virus on my computer a month ago and I had a friend from geek squad come over and restart it with a recovery disk that Dell had sent me (I have a dell) after it was restored and the virus was gone my recovery folder was red and switched to my C: drive, and my os is now D: drive. When I asked him about the recovery drive being red he just told me that "its a good thing" but now when I go to download things for school onto my computer they wont stay, they download but stop right before its finished and I can't find it anywhere. I really need my computer properl...

Changing password #2
Hi, If I change a domain user's password, will that user's Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? I mean, does Active Directory share the same password with Exchange Server 2003? Thanks! Exchange never had passwords separate from domain, not even in Exchange 4-5.5 era. So you would change just one password, which belongs to AD account. Michael wrote: > Hi, > > If I change a domain user's password, will that user's > Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? > I mean, does Active Directory share the same password > w...

2 fonts in Chart title in E2007
We are tranferring code from 2003 to 2007 and noticed a change in how VBA reads the following line: ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Characters(5,2).Font.Color = vbred IN 2003, it reads it correctly coloring letters 5 & 6 red. in 2007, it colors the whole Chart title red. It seems that regardless of the start and length I pass into the characters function, the formatting occurs to the entire chart title, not just the characters I wanted. Even recording the VBA in 2007 yields no help as it cannot record the partial font change, even though the GUI allows it. IN 2003 you can reco...

commissions #2
Can I make a mass change to the item properties to in the DB to allow commissions to be paid on all items.My items are currently set not to allow commissions. -- billr Billr3, Maybe, which method did you want? Did you realize that the default setting is to pay commission by sales rep? -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Ret...