Public Folder Calendar printing

Hello,
I'm running Outlook 2003 in an MS Exchange 5.5 environment.  One of my users
posed the question of why they cannot print the daily view of a Public
Folder calendar.  The weekly view prints just fine but whenever, they (or
even me, and I'm the owner) try to print a daily view, they get the
following error message:

"This folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on
the server.  Contact your Microsoft Exchange Server administrator for
assistance."

I haven't been able to find anything in Outlook help, Technet or Slipstick.

Anyone have any clues?

Thanks,
Jim Cesarini
Social Security Administration

Is the option to include the taskpad checked in the print dialog? Uncheck
it, since PF calendars don't have a taskpad...

If that's not it...
Do you get the same error with all days or just a specific day (or some
days)?
If you make a new day view, can you print using it?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Jim Cesarini" <jim.cesarini@ssa.gov> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I'm running Outlook 2003 in an MS Exchange 5.5 environment.  One of my
> users
> posed the question of why they cannot print the daily view of a Public
> Folder calendar.  The weekly view prints just fine but whenever, they (or
> even me, and I'm the owner) try to print a daily view, they get the
> following error message:
>
> "This folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on
> the server.  Contact your Microsoft Exchange Server administrator for
> assistance."
>
> I haven't been able to find anything in Outlook help, Technet or
> Slipstick.
>
> Anyone have any clues?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim Cesarini
> Social Security Administration

0
dianenws (1904)
11/18/2004 2:23:08 AM
Diane,
Unchecking taskpad in the print dialog allowed me print the Daily view.
Thanks very much,
Jim Cesarini

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <> wrote in message
> Is the option to include the taskpad checked in the print dialog? Uncheck
> it, since PF calendars don't have a taskpad...
>
> If that's not it...
> Do you get the same error with all days or just a specific day (or some
> days)?
> If you make a new day view, can you print using it?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Jim Cesarini" <jim.cesarini@ssa.gov> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I'm running Outlook 2003 in an MS Exchange 5.5 environment.  One of my
> > users
> > posed the question of why they cannot print the daily view of a Public
> > Folder calendar.  The weekly view prints just fine but whenever, they
(or
> > even me, and I'm the owner) try to print a daily view, they get the
> > following error message:
> >
> > "This folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem
on
> > the server.  Contact your Microsoft Exchange Server administrator for
> > assistance."
> >
> > I haven't been able to find anything in Outlook help, Technet or
> > Slipstick.
> >
> > Anyone have any clues?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jim Cesarini
> > Social Security Administration

c10306a7 error when access public folders
While access public folders through Exchange Admin, I get the following error: _ The available memory is not sufficient. Close some applications or windows and try again. ID no: c10306a7 Exchange system manager - This is a 2000 server standard running Exchange 2003 enterprise (upgraded from Exchange 2000) This error message was happening in Exchange 2000 as well, and I was hoping the upgrade would resolve the issue. This error message prevents me from access public folders and performing any maintenance. I am guessing this is more of a rights issue rather than a memeory issue. I have ...

OL 2007 printing
In OL 2000 you could select multiple messages, choose print, and it would print them on one sheet. With the upgrade to 2007, each message is printing on its own sheet (wasting paper). Is there a way to tell OL 2007 to print them on one sheet? tia -- Lauri Bellingham Public Schools Application Support Not that I am aware of. Printing in broken in Outlook 2007. :( See if blueprint or outlookprinter.com meets your needs. http://www.savvisoft.com/ http://www.outlookprinter.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Task...

Strange Excel Problem (not printing): Excel 2004 & Leopard
Hi - I'm new here, and I'm happy to see a forum like this around - this is the first time I've stumbled on it. I recently installed Leopard, and I'm waiting until Office 2008 comes to our campus (i'm a staff member at UT). In the meantime, Excel is acting really strangely, including behavior like no longer allowing me to type directly in a cell until i double-click inside it. I haven't changed anything in the preferences or unchecked the box allowing one to edit in a cell directly. Previously I could click on a cell, start typing, and it would register my text - no ...

Printing multi-page and multi-orientation excel tab to PDF
Could someone let me know if it is possible to print a multi-page tab in Excel to a PDF with multiple page orientations? Currently, I am setting the print area for each of the four pages and then printing each page seperatly to a PDF. Once complete I am combining each page into one PDF. I need all pages to print to one PDF with the proper size and orientation. My code is included below. Thank you in adavance for your help, Joe M Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() ans = MsgBox("Do you want to Export the Input page to PDF?", vbYesNo, "Confirmation"...

A4 13.97 x 21.59 Booklet printing Publisher 2007
I'm having trouble with margins, on the computer the picture lloks fine, but when i print it out there ia a huge gap on the right side! I've tried altering the margins and the master page but to no avail! help! Affy wrote: > I'm having trouble with margins, on the computer the picture lloks fine, but > when i print it out there ia a huge gap on the right side! I've tried > altering the margins and the master page but to no avail! help! A4 isn't 13.97x21.59 (or 2x that); that sounds like letter-sized paper. A4 is 297x210mm; a half-A4 booklet would be 14.9...

Sales stage column empty(public view)
Hi all my client would like to see the sales stage on the opportunity default view. There is such a colmn in the view. the problem with it is that it is never updated even though the sales stages change. i dont even see it in the opportunity form. my question is How do i get it (column) to show data? many thanx -- phumulaniluyandacollinlembede There are 2 "Sales Stage" related attributes in the Opportunity. One is called "Sales Stage" (a Picklist) the other is called "Step Name" (a Text field) You need to expose "Step Name" in the View &/o...

Send Brochure Electronically like It appear as if in print
I am re-posting this because someone replied to send as an attachment, but that doesn't have it appear as a 3 page panel brochure- does someone know how to do this (see below) I want to save my brochure so that it is not just 2 pages but looks like a 3 panel brochure that I would print -but I want to include it in an email and have it look like a 3 panel brochure is that possible. I was having trouble publishing to web-put I don't want to publish to a web page, just have someone who I want look at this brochure in electronic form but look at it as it would be if they received it if I...

Rouge folder in list
In my list of folders, there is a folder that I set up by mistake and have since deleted the pst file that it was looking for. The folder still exists and will not let me delete it. It tells me that if I continue to have the problem to restart Outlook. This has been for about a week and I've rebooted, shut down and reconfigured all types of settings, all to no avail. I would like to know if anyone can tell me what to do short of reinstalling the program. What version of Outlook, and what mode if applicable? (help | about) Can you delete and re-create your mail profile? martin wr...

Comparing 2 coulumns in different worksheets and printing the rows that match
hello, Sorry to bother everyone. I am trying to learn some Visual Basic t maybe make a function that woudl do what i need, but that is goin slow. What i am trying to do follows. Workbook: NeededPatches.xls sheet1: Srvneed sheet2: ITPatches sheet3: Final I have created a perl script that uses the microsft progra hfnetchk.exe to find what patches are needed on all of our systems her at work. it gives me a text print out that is tab delimited and import that into excel on the *Srvneed* sheet. *Column B* in this shee has the patch numbers for what is needed. Now our IT security also has a lis...

2 personal folder listings and duplicates
Hi. When I have Outlook open at home, when I have the Mail selected, it shows Favorite Folders and All Mail Folders. Under All Mail folders it shows two seperate Personal Folders and the contents appear the same. When I view my Contacts, it shows things twice: Contacts Contacts in Personal Folders FriendEmail FriendEmail in Personal Folders ToDo ToDo in Personal Folders etc..... How can I get rid of the other Personal Folders entry and the duplicate entries in my contacts? Thanks. Bryce. ...

Textbox on chart doesn't print in Office 2003, but does in 2007
I have some charts that I create through C# code on a "template" worksheet and then copy it over to a new worksheet using the following code. When looking at the chart.Shapes, I can see the three Textbox objects that I want and these are the only shapes available. I can see them on the screen in both Excel 2003 and 2007 correctly. When I print in 2003 though, the textboxes don't appear like they do for 2007. Can anyone shed some light on why this might be happening? // Copy the images and charts (note index starts at 1) for (int z = 1; z <= wsTemplate.Shapes.Count; ...

how to print a blank invoice in money 2004?
ok there has got to be a way to print a blank invoice in money 2004 right? the program would be useless to most people if you can't print a blank one for the service call away from your desk so please if you have done this show me how I,m new at this thanks jim I don't think you can without first designating a customer. And then, MSMo won't let you print an invoice without adding at least one item. I would suggest you greate a invoice in Excel, powerpoint or word to take with you -- or better yet stop in Staples a buy a bunch of blank invoices for a couple of bucks. &g...

Help! Can't import Sent Folder from Yahoo
Hi. I was setting up Outlook 2000 when it suddenly began importing all of my messages from the inbox folder of my Yahoo account, some 700 in all. I panicked when I saw it was starting to erase the messages from Yahoo so stopped the process. Now I can't figure out a way to import the messages from my Sent Folder in Yahoo into Outlook. When I archived them and zipped them per Yahoo instructions and dragged the unzipped msgs into Outlook, when I tried to click on a message, it was opened up (or attempted to) in Outlook Express. Does anyone have insight on this?? Thanks. Try YahooPOP...

Moving Public Folders from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exc. Ser. 2003.
How can I move public folders from an Exchange Server 5.5 to a new Exchange Server 2003, which on a separate private network without connecting bother server on the same network? rekaman@gmail.com wrote in news:1144768961.479044.323920 @t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > How can I move public folders from an Exchange Server 5.5 to a new > Exchange Server 2003, which on a separate private network without > connecting bother server on the same network? Export them to PST? Regards, -- R. Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com Thank you very mu...

Suddenly -- Two PERSONAL FOLDERS???
Hi, All of a sudden, I have 2 Personal Folders!!!! They seem identical, and I cannot get rid of one or the other. * The only thing recently changed is the installation of XP SP-2. * All previous XP-Pro updates have been installed * Running Outlook 2000, and all updates are installed (never had any problems with these...they were installed "long ago." Thank you for your help! "Howie" ...

How do I increase the Font size of Calendar for taking prints?
I want to increase the font size of Outlook Calendar for taking Print-outs Font size is found in Page Setup How do I increase the Font size of Calen wrote: > I want to increase the font size of Outlook Calendar for taking Print-outs Another option is using a MS Office addin app called WinCalendar. It allows full control over fonts (+ can further edit). It allows you to render your Outlook Calendar as both MS Word and Excel formats. See here fore screen shots and more info: http://www.wincalendar.com/calendar-maker.html ...

Print Preview Freezes Excel
When I open Print Preview then go back to my spreadsheet, everything kind of freezes up. It becomes really slow and just seems to be hosed. If I do a C: net stop spooler or if I turn of my page break option, everything is back to normal, but I need those features. Is there a fix to this, or has anyone had a similiar problem? -Joel Hi Joel I read that this is possible a problem with your xlb file Close Excel Do a search for .xlb in windows Rename the file (mine is named Excel10.xlb in 2002) Start Excel Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm on your system Excel will create a...

Duplicate Calendar Problem
Somehow, I've managed to create two calendars in Outlook. There's the default "Calendar" that you can't delete and another one called "John's Calendar". I only want to be using the default "Calendar", but the other one has all the appointments in it. How do I get the data in "John's Calendar" into "Calendar" so I can then delete the first one? Paul Fenton Drag & drop the items into it. Try using one of the list views. "Paul Fenton" <pfenton@NOSPAMplgassociates.com> wrote in message news:5snap1tsut...

Printing a single label
In Publisher 2003 I can design a label to print on Avery paper but I cannot see how to print just one label instead of a whole sheet. Can it be done? Beemer Of course it can. Publisher is a page layout application and you don't have to use templates or wizards to accomplish simple tasks such as label printing. On a blank page, create a text frame and position it so it corresponds to the label position on the sheet. -- Ron "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uGGIG4J4FHA.2816@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > In Publisher 2003 I can design a label to pr...

Migrating
I got a new comuter and trying to find a simple way to migrate everything- all of the documentation talks about moving .pst files which seems easy enough but it but what about- Calendar Contacts Settings/Preferences Email accounts Is there asomething out there that will just move transfer the whole lot? To add to the confusion I have 3 separet profiles. Thanks "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0582008C-56B4-4B7B-9A97-372AC55C1B7E@microsoft.com... > I got a new comuter and trying to find a simple way to migrate everything- > all of the ...

public folder replication interval #2
Exchange 2000 server and Exchange 2003 server. Replicas of a public folder on both servers. Replication interval on public stores is set to Always run. Properties of public folder, replication interval is set to use public store settings. I'd assume that as soon as a change is made to a public folder on one server, the change should propagate immediately? I'm still seeing an interval of 15 min of replication between public stores. I want the replication to be instant as soon as there is a change made to the public folder. Do i have to restart some service? Answer below. Calvi...

Help. I cannot upgrade Outlook.Keeps saying it cannot open folders
I am trying to upgrade to Office Professional. All programs seem to be working except Outlook. It will not open. I get a message that it cannot open default folders. Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to upgrade to Office Professional. All programs seem to be > working except Outlook. It will not open. I get a message that it > cannot open default folders. It appears you haven't set up your mail profile properly. Control Panel>Mail -- Brian Tillman ...

How do I apply a template I created to an existing publication?
I want to change a publication I created to a design that I created and saved in a publisher format. I do not want to have to recreate the publication in the new format, just change it! "Publication Options" "Apply Template" brings up a list of templates that does not include the one I created and want to use. Help! Did you save the publication as a template? Save as "Publisher template". What version Publisher are you using? If you are using 2007 you will have to browse to the templates. They are in a folder similar to this (Vista) These folders are hi...

Shared calendar moderation issue
We run Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. I have setup a shared calendar in public folders to keep track of employee holidays. I have set permissions so that I have full access and default users have read and post access. However I have setup moderation so that any holiday requests that get posted come to me first for approval. This works fine, a user can create an appointment, when they click save and close it sends an email to them saying it's moderated, the event doesn't get created yet and i get notification of the event by email. When i open the email it appea...

Auto-categorizing email messages on move-to-folder
OK, I give up - I am not smart enough on my own, time to tap the smart ones ... So, here's the thing: I am using a Utility called Nelson Email Organizer (search and organize work-along), and like it a lot, BUT, I want to make it play nicer with Outlook folders. NEO does not (Currently) have away to show a column with the folder name, but DOES have a way to show a column with the category. So, I want to attach to each mail message a category that shows which folder it is in. I can do this for incoming messages to Inbox by the rules wizard, but I can see no way to re-assign the category w...