PST files will not open

PST file will not open after exporting from OutlookXP and
Exchange 5.5 and trying to Import to OutlookXP and
Exchange 2003. (although others have came across just
fine, just 1 .pst file I am having trouble with!)  I have
successfully setup outlook and Exchange 2003, just cannot
import one file!  I exported all mail from exchange to
each persons seperate .pst file, then made a CDR to move
to the new server.  Copied Mail files to Desktop and made
sure it was NOT IN READ ONLY!  All worked fine except one!

PST file size is only 26mb

I go to Import from another Program or file

then select Personal Folder File (.PST)

Select my .PST file from the Import window (this is what
confuses me - it does show up as a .pst file)

Error Message is:

The file c:\......\Filename.pst is not a Personal Folders
File.

Please help, this happens to be MY mail file (i guess
thats good for everyone else!! HAHA)

Thanks, please reply if you need more info!

BMT

0
btaylo (1)

Have you tried just copying the file from the CDR to the
hard disk and then going into Outlook Tools folders
and "mapping" to the pst file?  At least you could read
the old emails and always move them to the new (default)
inbox.  BTW, where IS that inbox default in Windows2000?

I have multiple pst files to keep my mails organized and
maintain small pst file size.

Someone told me they had trouble viewing a pst file I had
archived in a similar way, but never sent me the disk, so
I couldn't follow up.

Good luck!

Exmerge is a utility that comes on the Exchange CD - you run it against the
Exchange stores and it automatically extracts everything into individual PST
files.

BMT wrote:
> I did not use EXmerge, actually have never heard of it!
> I just used the regular IMPORT>EXPORT function from the
> Outlook pull down!
>
> What is Exmerge?

0
lanwench (7567)

Need help getting files from Exchange Server.
We have a computer that had an account on Outlook attached to a Microsoft exchange server. Apparently for the moment, this computer and the server are inextricably tied together. Outlook cannot even be started without logging into the server because information store or whatever is missing. How do you get the information out of the exchange server to wean the computer from it? tom <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote: > We have a computer that had an account on Outlook > attached to a Microsoft exchange server. > > Apparently for the moment, this computer and the > se...

Msg Box when opening
This morning when while selecting files for back the power went out. It came back on in 20 mins or so. I rebooted backed up the files now Access says something about file is more than 256 characters...also Excel and Word won't let me save...says I don't have permission...change permissions and still doesn't work. My questions 1. what is the best way to BU Access db 2. what could I have done Depends upon your version. Some later versions have a built-in backup capability. I use external hard drives to back up all my files. mot just Access. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MV...

when i save a file that i have worked on, excel7 closes down work.
i have recently purchased office pro 2007. Excel 2007, when i save a filethat i have worked on, excel closes down and work is lost, done all updates, re installed from disc, please help i have lost 2 hours of work this moring that i need for a report a few questions: 1. what happens with save as? 2. what happens in safe mode? (hold shift key while starting excel) 3. do you have add-ins? 4. what operating system? x64? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0483F09B-3289-42B4-8849-0C0A61380B11@mic...

database takes too long to open
Hi, I have a customer that has a problem with his exchange server, the outlook users takes longer than usual to start opening their mailboxes, and when I open the mailbox store, it also takes longer than usual (about a minute or 2). I recently found out that the ExchangeAL was not finding a DC, becuase it was incorrecly configured on the RUS, I fixed that, I also made an offline defragmentation of the database and checked its integrity using isinteg, and everything is fine. I don´t know what maybe wrong with it, but it´s making the users upset that the outlooks takes so long t...

How to change .pst file location on hard drive(s)?
I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. How can I do this with Win Live Mail? Thanks, John. "Machinist60" <e_john_wilson.no.spam.@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:hj5s5l$q8r$1@news.eternal-september.org... > I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. > How can I do this with Win Live Mail? > > Thanks, John. I didn't realize WLM utilized the .pst file. I had to convert my .pst file data into the Windows Mail format and then import the data into WLM. Please explain what you...

Just saved file, cannot be found. ?
Even Global search ? Win 7 ... Whatz up? if you saved it, it should be in the mru list? what version of excel are you using? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Boswell" <Boswell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9D6ED74-ABC5-469D-9572-2D8AE93F36CD@microsoft.com... > Even Global search ? > > Win 7 ... > > Whatz up? one other question, how did you open it, outlook email? if that's the case, search will never find it. it is probably here: C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Intern...

Trial Media to Open License.
Well, i just found out that open media was not ordered for a job we are doing now. So i have a question. I have read on a few different sites that you can download SBS2008 PREM. Trial and enter your open license key later to convert to a running server. I called MS and they could not confirm or deny that it works. They can't find anything that says it will not work, but in the same time they can not find anything that it will work. Any First Hand experience doing this? If it does work, any gotchas? NOTE: I did order the media, it just will not be here in time. AND th...

Excel 2003 file freezes laptop
I took a laptop away from the office and tried to open a large spreadsheet on the local C: drive. Each time I tried the laptop froze and had to be rebooted. When I connected back to the LAN at work, and opened the same file on the local C: drive I had no problems. What could cause this? If there is any corruption is there a way to decompile or something as you would in Access? Thanks, Mich ...

Unattend configure Send/Receive Group / PRF file -Outlook XP
Hi, Have to rollout 4000 laptops with Offline Storage enabled. I want to automatically configure outlook to: - use OST file - Synchronize when logging on and off - Download and sync. the general address book I have made a PRF file (using CIW) that creates OST file...so far so good... But I can't unattend set the option to sync when logging on and off. It seems this setting is stored in an SRS file in the users profile!! Second item, default the first address book in the list is synchronised. Is there a way to auto configure Outlook XP to sync OST fiel when logging on and off, (ins...

Users asked to enter Username / Password /Domain when opening outl
Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we eneter it again we get and error that the information store could not be opened. We are running Exchanage 5.5 with Windows 2000. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?= <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DD28037B-B6C8-4575-B0CC-F80C14991716@microsoft.com: > Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / > domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we > eneter...

How to search against XML files in the file system?
Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred way to find terms in XML files located on the file system? Like finding stuff saved in XML files some of the blogs use these days to store their blog items? There can be lots and lots and lots of XML files on the file system to search. -- <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/ clintonG wrote: > Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred > way to find terms in XML files located ...

OT: managing file fragmentation on external USB backup drive (SBS2003)
Just wondering how others are managing file fragmentation on their external USB backup drives (SBS 2003)? I have two WD 500GB drives that i rotate weekly (each backup is around 55GB currently) but periodically the server will "freeze" during a backup (fans on, but no response at all) and requires a hard reboot to get going again. The first time it did it, i had no idea what caused it, but on subsequent occurrences I narrowed it down to the external hard drive itself - after the reboot, simply trying to access the drive via Windows Explorer on the server caused the se...

Recovery excel file
Anybody knows if there is any free tools to recover a advanced excel file (using macro, graphics, formulas, and several formats)???????? Tks, Marcelo Rayol ...

Open 2003 files with 2007
Hello all, I just upgraded my Office 2003 with Office 2007 on an EP Pro machine. The only snaffoo I find(so far..) is with Excel 2007. When I double-click on an Excel 2003 file, Excel 2007 starts up just fine, BUT my file is not displayed. At that point if I click the Restore button up at top-right, the file appears when Excel is restored up or down, then all is well. Anyone have any idea whats up with that and how to fix it??? Thanks John Lots of people have complained that when they doubleclick on a file in windows explorer, that the workbook doesn't seem to show up in xl20...

copy rows to another file
Dear Experts I have following code,i need to copy desirde rows to new file (r.xls) on sheet 1. This code is able to copy desired rows from active sheet to sheet2(same file) based on values in column G. Would you please guide me? regards Sub Marine() Dim arrParts() As String Dim MyRange As Range, CopyRange As Range Dim LastRow As Long LastRow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Row Set MyRange = Range("G1:G" & LastRow) response = InputBox("Enter rows to copy in the format nnn,nnn,nn") arrParts = Split(response, ",") For Each ...

Radio Button on opening the form
Hello: I have know how to open the form using command button, but now I want to use Radio Option button to open the form consists of: 1. Show all supplier invoices 2. Show only outstanding invoices 3. Show only paid invoices I have created 3 types of Form using 3 types of query, and now I want to open it by using radio button with the button OK and cancel to open the form. Is there any website providing the sample of Radio button to opent the form. I want to studdy how to write the VBA for that. Thanks in advance. Frank You sure you want the form to open when the radio button is sel...

Appending XML to an existing XML file
Hey all, I've read a few articles about speed and XML processing - so I just want to make sure that I'm using the right strategy for what I want to achieve. I have an XML file that I'm appending to every time a user submits their information. Right now I'm using XMLDocument (Load and Save) in conjuncture with XmlElement objects. Is this the right approach or is there a faster approach? Thanks, Novice PS Here is a simplified version of what I'm doing: XmlDocument xdoc = new XmlDocument(); xdoc.Load("results.xml"); XmlNode node = xdoc.SelectSingleNode("...

How do I export .dba calendar files from a Palm Treo to Outlook?
Chapura won't do it. Something about a problem with calendar files. ...

how do I open excel workbook If i forget my workbook password
I made programm with a lot of formuals so I've put password on the workbook, because I did not wanted to earase formulas accidently,but now I can't open it because I forget the password. Thanks for help Hi search Google for 'Excel password remover' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "av8rart" <av8rart@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D2443918-FEF4-41E6-92C4-9B19A293778A@microsoft.com... > I made programm with a lot of formuals so I've put password on the workbook, >...

File Naming for Picture Order
I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. bjackson wrote: > I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and > want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical > order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. ======================= Instead of... 1, 2, 3,.....10, 11, 12... Try this... 0001, 0002, 0003,.....0010, 0011, 0012 If you are batch renumbering the f...

keeping page, insert etc dropdowns open & having page below it
how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that way & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 "billy" <billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91198FA1-A43C-4A00-9141-FB019528AC5B@microsoft.com... > how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that > way > & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 Ask in a discussion group for Word. Here's how to find it. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/ In the...

How to get the handle of a Help file belonging to other process.
Hi all, In my application,I want to change the Index of a HTMLHELP file which belongs to a dialog running in other exe.In order to do this I need to find whether the Help file is open or not & get the handle of that to use HH_DISPLAY_INDEX .Is there any way to do this?? Note: I dont want to use FindWindow() as it is giving rise to some problems in my application.. Thanks in advance ...

How do I open or cancel "previous appointment"?
Using 2007 version, small vertical bar running down lhs side of calendar (just to right of times) for selected date, inside bar is written "previous appointment" , cannot open or delete, cannot insert new appointment in that time frame...anybody else hit this wall? Cannot be an appointment since never used this %$#(&^ programme before. Tnx r2p2 "r2p2" <r2p2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0E9D6ED-09A3-4235-8B14-652FF43F430A@microsoft.com... > Using 2007 version, small vertical bar running down lhs side of calendar > (just...

Access violation in CDaoQueryDef::Open or CSimpleStringT::GetLength(). VC++ 6.0 app compiled in Visual C++ .NET
Hi, I have a problem using DAO in Visual C++ .net Standard edition. We have an old project created in Visual C++ 6.0 Professional. The projects compiles, links ok (with a lot of warnings telling the DAO-classes are deprecated). The compiled program executes ok until I am about to access the database. Some accesses goes ok, but some are not. It is always the same databse accesses that the program crashes on. The database that I'm using is Access 97. I also have tried converting it to 2000 and 2002. In this function the crash occurs in daocore.cpp: void CDaoQueryDef::Open(LPCTSTR lpszName...