PST Files #5

I have a freind who uses outlook 2000.
He is currently at about 400megs on the pst file.
He can open outlook, he can read, sort, view and download
more email. But the second he double clicks on an email
to open it to respond..etc. Outlook locks up, window
error message say... dangerously low on system resources.
He is running 98 with the latest patches, 25 gig of free
space on the hdd, and 512megs of ram.

Im of the opinion that its just to large of a pst for the
computer/os to handle. Ive had him clean it up, used to
be 712megs in size. He was okay till about 2 weeks ago.
No idea what what changed. I ran scanpst.exe on his
file..said some problem..nothing major and did a repair.
The the problem still exists.. any ideas?  Im about to
recommend he go to XP, and 2002 outlook, but not sure
that will work... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
0
denmor1 (1)

Dennis <denmor1@excite.com> wrote:

> I have a freind who uses outlook 2000.
> He is currently at about 400megs on the pst file.
....snip...
> Im of the opinion that its just to large of a pst for the
> computer/os to handle.

Your opinion would be wrong.  PSTs can be up to 1.83 Gb, with usually
error-free operations up to about 1.25-1.5 Gb (about three times bigger than
what your friend has).

Tell him to rdisable all startup programs (with MSCONFIG) or by holding down
the Shift key while WIndows is booting and then see if he has a problem.  If
not, then the fault probably lies with one of the programs he starts at boot
time.  Reenable the startup programs one at a time until the problem recurs
and you'll probably fid the culprit.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Deleted exchange 5.5 site not replicating over the ADC to Exchange 2000 side
We are a part of a shared Exchange 5.5 organization but our site is primarily Exchange 2000/2k3. We maintain a single 5.5 server as the rest of the Org is 5.5. The problem we are seeing is when the folks who control the Organization at the top level remove a site that is no longer used, that deletion is not carrying over the CONFIG_CA agreement to the Exchange 2000/AD side. Our Exchange 5.5 server executes the deletion with no issue. Any ideas on why this deletion is not replicating properly over the ADC and throught the SRS database? In the past we have manually removed the sites/recipie...

automatically naming files for savingb

Exchange SP2 #5
I'm going to install SP2 for Exchange 2003 which is on my SBS2003. Is there anything i should know / do before I install? Thanks Damien 1. Read the Release Notes. http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/b/5/fb5c54af-fe5c-48e9-be97-f9e8207325ab/Ex_2003_SP2_RelNotes.htm 2. If you ever installed IMF v1, uninstall it. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Damien" <no@emailplease.com> wrote in message news:nS%fh.423965$E_2.65239@fe03.news.easynews.com... > I&...

Auto Response with Exchange 5.5
I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated response go back. But I can't setup rules inside of outlook and keep it attached to the server I would like to make some sort of server side rule if possible?? Any suggestions? Thanks, BiG On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:09:59 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when >someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated >response go back. But I can't ...

Consulta Exchange 5.5 Mails con fondo
Estimados: Alguien sabe si es posible configurar un servidor Exchange 5.5 para que los mails enviados salgan con un fondo (bacground) predeterminado? Gracias. ...

Deleted file in Outlook
I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it possible to retreive it. Thank you, Karl youthminman@yahoo.com <youthminman@yahoo.com> wrote: > I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it > possible to retreive it. Unless you permanently deleted it (i.e., held down Shift when pressing Delete), it will be in your Deleted items folder, unless you've emptied that folder. If you have emptied it, other suggestions depend on knowing what data store you're using (PST or Exchange mailbox). -- Brian Tillman ...

Microsoft Money #5
Just purchased new copy of Microsoft Money as part of Works Suite 2004. When trying to open this product it tries to open the older version, 1999. Then get a error message saying, "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version." Any advice on what to do? In microsoft.public.money, Jeannie wrote: >Just purchased new copy of Microsoft Money as part of >Works Suite 2004. When trying to open this product it >tries to open the older version, 1999. Then get a error >message saying, "Money cannot open this file because it >was c...

Upgrade from eEnt 5.5
I am trying to upgrade from eEnt 5.5 on SQL 6.5/Win NT4 to eEnt 7.5. On a test server I managed to upgrade to SQL 7.0, but when I run Dynamics Utilities after installing eEnt 7.5 I get an "Unable to convert registration master table. Not Privileged to open this form" error. If I continue on anyway, and enter my registration codes, there are no companies to convert. How do I get past this? Hi Since you have upgraded SQL, the Compatibility Level may be incorrect for each of the upgraded databases. Can you run the following commands Run sp_dbcmptlevel DYNAMICS and for the...

delete outlook.pst
Can I delete this file and have Outlook open up as if I had never used it before? TIA Rather than delete it, why not just rename it to outlook.bak? Then when you open Outlook, you will have a chance to create a new .pst file. If you want to delete it because of problems with it, why not tell us what the problem is so someone may be able to help you? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, RA asked: | Can I delete...

Calendar view #5
When I go to calendar view, select monthly and try to scroll down I get a memory error and Outlook freezes. This only happens in the month view. ...

XML File Converter for MS 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I'm a high school teacher. I write power points on MS 2004 on my Mac and transfer them to my school's PC that has MS 2003. This worked great, with exception of minor formatting changes, until a month ago. Power points that I previously opened on that PC, along with new ones, would not open - this is disasterous for instruction. My tech says 1) the school's PC may have had updates that caused the new problem and 2) that I should install the Open XML File Converter for Mac's MS 2004. I'm concerned tha...

how do I transfer file from Clipboard to an e-mail message
How do I transfer a file from Outlook clipboard or C drive to the body of an e-mail message NOT as an attachment. thanks you would need to open the file and copy the contents. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOF...

Transferring files to a new computer
Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP with MSFT Small Biz. I was running Windows 98 and using Outlook 2000. Now I want to copy all my old emails, folders, addresses etc. into the new version of Outlook 2003 but I can't seem to find it. It's not recognizing my saved files as .PST files. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, daviskho "daviskho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052801c3dbb0$e46e5970$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP > with MSFT Small Biz. ...

Too large to send, yet the file gets saved.
I noticed that a user's mailbox grew from 100KB to 400KB in a few days. This got my attention. I pokjed around and found that he had tried to zip a really big file and send it to his AOL account. (we won't talk about what was in that single file that would not compress al that well :-) ) The file was 161MB (obviously this is larger than global message delivery default) and it was in both his sent items and found in the bounce-back message from the system administrator: This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter messa...

Capital One giving me corrupt Money import files
Money is saying the files I get from Capital One credit card are corrupt. Some months import fine, while others I get an error. I try to get support from Capital One, but they keep giving me the runaround. Anything I can do with Money to get this to work? I have about 50 transactions a month and rather not input these manually! -Max Max, The problem is that there's a character in the statement you're getting from Capital One that Money is choking on. I've run in to the same issue...save the statement from Capital One to your hard drive and edit it by hand. Search for &qu...

5.5 Org directory synch with new 2003 Org
Hi Can anyone point me in the right direction... I need to keep a 5.5 Org and a 2003 Org in directory synch over a WAN. I have experience of MIIS but this would cost the earth and be overkill Can anyone recommend a simple, cheaper tool Kind Regards Churchill Churchill, You can join over 200 other companies who use SimpleSync to do just what you describe. No such worries as 'native mode', 'mixed mode'. No need to configure by site. For more information and to download an evaluation copy of SimpleSync, please visit www.cps-systems.com . You can see a series of screen shots ...

jpg files
I have had several users experiencing problems opening pictures from Outlook 2000. Their O/S is XP Pro. Any ideas? Thank You, Jamie ...

Copying Very Large files
Would there be any performance gain if we used win2008R2 rather than Windows 7 at each end for copying large(2-5GB batches). -- Craig On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:56:55 -0600, "News" <nf@no.com> wrote: >Would there be any performance gain if we used win2008R2 rather than >Windows 7 at each end for copying large(2-5GB batches). > >-- Craig > I doubt it but the performance will differ in ways that depend upon the file size not just the total bytes. You may find some clues in http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2008/02/04/28261...

Help setting a File Name
hi experts I'm having trouble with the following: Cell J1 of Sheet1 contains a date, say Dec. 15, 2009. Sheet1 has a 'Save' button called cmbSave. When I click cbmSave, I'd like the SaveAs... dialog to be shown with the suggested File Name showing as 'POS_Summary_091215.xls' . In other words, I'd like the suggested file name to start with 'POS_Summary_', and to end with the J1 date in yymmdd format. Can this be done? thank you in advance Cinnie -- cinnie Sub newdate() Dim d As Date, s As String d = Range("J1").Va...

Web link to Excel 97 file
I've got a link to an Excel '97 file from a ColdFusion page. The link works fine the first time I click it. However, if I close the file down and click the link again, I get a message saying 'Cars.xls is being modified by (my user name). Would you like to open as read only?' I can open the file as read only, but am wondering why I get this message, even when I'm not modifying it? I've had other users try and it works the same way for them, except it tells them they're the one currently modifying it. We're using Internet Explorer 5.5 and Windows 20...