PST file will not allow me access

I have a pst file from Office 2000 that I copied to cd.
AS I tried to add it to my new computer and office 2003 I
get the message that I do not have rights to access this
file.
How can I reset the permissions? There is not any password
on it that I set by choice.

Thanks

Sal
0
saferrara (2)

How to update a portion of rows and columns between two files
I have a Master file with 20 columns of data for each of approximately 700 rows. Each month, I receive an update file that I need to use to update 10 columns of data for 3/4 of the rows in my Master file. There is a unique identifier in each file. Not all rows in the update file will be copied into the Master file and not all rows in the Master file will have updates. What is the best way to do this? I am familiar with VLookup. Shall I write aVLookup for each of the 10 columns in each row that need to be replaced so that I can grab the cell from the new file? Or, is there an easier way? ...

PDF won't open from excel file
Hello, I hope you can help me out. I have a link to a local PDF file in excel. This PDF file will open fine from Adobe or from my documents, but when I click on the link in excel, the screen flashes momentarily, but the file does not open. I do not experience this problem when linking to word files, etc. This file is not embeded... just linked. please advise\. Thank you!! Hi There were problems I believe with Version 7.0 Update it to 7.03 and try it again -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <oltersdorf@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127854583.183144.22670@f14g20...

Unable to resize Navigation pane in access 2007
This ability to resize the navigation pane has become disabled. Is there anyway to reset it to default settings? Can you not just drag it? -- Build a little, test a little. "SJ" wrote: > This ability to resize the navigation pane has become disabled. Is there > anyway to reset it to default settings? > > > . > ...

Can I automatically replace data when importing a text file?
I am importing data that has hundreds of numbers like 60003838, 60010813, 60003928, 60003895. I would like to know if there is a way to format the data to change those numbers automaticaly to another value (names) every time I import the data, or is there a way for me to replace all those values automatically? If you have a list that has names behind these numbers you can use a vertical lookup function ( VLOOKUP ). Use Insert - Function, and search for VLOOKUP function and follow the instructions. Hope this helps. "Jake" wrote: > I am importing data that has hund...

Inserting text from a .txt file
I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. Anyway, here is my question: How do I insert the text from a text file into my e-mail document. I am using the rtf editor. thank you, ~alan copy/paste? "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23%23AwZrIKEHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook > Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. > > Anywa...

I need open or gain access to an external file
Here is my problem and I hope someone can help me out. I am trying to open or retrieve data from a file that is only accessable from a different user. Example: If you are logged in under user and need to access a file that is only available under admin. The files are unavailable under user because they do not need to be tampered with. These files cannot be made public. Is there a way to do this? Doesn't that sound like it would defeat the purpose of having the file placed where you can't/shouldn't be able to get to it? -- Best Regards, Luke M "P.Griesh...

Change the name of the file attachment using sendobject
I would like to change the name of the excel spreadsheet that is attached to an email using the sendobject method. DoCmd.SendObject acSendQuery, "Q Email Export", acFormatXLS, "thechad@thechad.com", , , " Email List Export" any help is appreciated very much. Chad ...

How do I set up a Startup Form with Access 2007 ?
Hi When I open a database, I want a certain form to start. This form is going to be used for a menu. Please let me know. Thanks Mark Create a macro named Autoexec. Have action open your form. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "mthornblad@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi > > When I open a database, I want a certain form to start. This form is > going to be used for a menu. > > Please let me know. > > Thanks > Mark > > On Aug 13, 5:24 pm, kasab <ka...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Alternatively, click the Office button ...

OWA and Full Mailbox Access .... weird Send As
Hello i use Exchange 2003 SP2 I have 2 users : user1 and user2 user1 has got fullmailbox access on user2 (nothing more) If I use outlook : I connect with user1 and I send an email from user2 then it appears has : sent on behalf.... wich is ok If I use owa : I connect with user1 and then I add user2 just like this http://exchange/exchange/user2 I send an email .... and then it appears has : from user2 wich is a "bug" ... it should be the same behaviour. How can i solve this problem? In news:45337094$0$8606$426a74cc@news.free.fr, Stephane <steph@nospamamamamamam.net> ty...

How do I keep other users from accessing my Word documents and mus
I want to keep my documents private and my music from being deleted by others on this computer. How do I do that? You can password protect your Word documents against opening, which will keep out all but the most determined snoop, but it won't stop anyone you allow access from deleting them. You need to introduce security measures to keep other users out of your profile (not perfect but it's a start) and you need to move important files to an external drive which you should keep locked away when you are not using the PC. The best security measure is to prevent any acces...

Print preview publisher file different pages appear
When I print preview a catalog publication I created with Publisher , it shows me different pages , not the pages I see them on my actual screen. As for the color issue I have installed the driver for printing , but how can I print ?? your quick reply is appreciated Are you using the catalog merge? Your explanation of your problem is not very clear. What you see on the screen if you are using catalog merge is only one merge block. When you look at print preview, you are seeing the total merge. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.mi...

Outlook 2003 Close Data File
I had been using a third party program (Jeyo Mobile Extender for Outlook). I have uninstalled the program, but the folder credated by the install program remains. It represents a data file that is no longer there. When trying to close the data file I get the message that "Operation failed. Object cannot be found." Any suggestions as to how to remove the folder from my folder list in Outlook. Can you delete it using the Data File Management option? How about = under Control Panel->Mail Icon->Accounts->View or Change? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all r...

Access violation error
Standard TFTP client, command-line interface, when I tried to download file from server, got Access violation error: C:\>tftp.exe -i xxx.xxx.xxx.xx GET abcc.bin Transfering file abcc.bin from server in octet mode... Error occurred during the file transfer (Error code = 2): Access violation ------- How to overcome the issue and download file? antares wrote: > Standard TFTP client, command-line interface, when I tried to download > file from server, got Access violation error: > > > C:\>tftp.exe -i xxx.xxx.xxx.xx GET abcc.bin > > Transfe...

Outlook 2000 Help Files
I am getting an error message when I try to open Outlook Help 0xc0000005-0x5d49328d Tech suppport doesn't recognise the 0x5d49328d part of the code Two other related facts Outlook slows my machine, almost, to a standstill when collecting mail from Exchange. PCdoc says I have missing help files Finally I have tried repairing Outlook according to Ms Kb article 260200 Any Ideas ? Thanks ...

PC freezes when I open a file
I have a four-page document with a lot of URLs. Whenever I open it, my mouse cannot click anything for about two minutes, and the document itself remains frozen for five minutes. If it is only that one document, it suggests that it is partially corrupt. Not knowing which version of Word or OS you are using makes it difficult to give you options to sort it out, but try the Open and Repair function first. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72B470EE-B86F-4018-99B5-F5FCEB41BB34@microsoft.c...

Drop'n'drag multiple files?
How do I see in my MFC SDI OnOpenDocument(LPCTSTR lpszPathName){} that I intend to open multiple files (either from drag'n'drop) or from an opendialog? You don't from OnOpenDocument(). This method only opens one file at a time and should be called once for each file. The problem is that the CCommandLineInfo class only reads and opens a single file from the command line. I had to modify this class (or, rather, derive from it) to make it handle multiple files). -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com "Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen" <mnielsen@...

Error message: This file must be converted with BinHex 4.0
I get this error message and a scrambled document when trying to open Excel files via web mail that were created on a MAC . I run Win XP Pro with SP 2. I have not had this problem on my home desktop dl'g with Outlook Express. So I don't know if the problem lies within my laptop or the webmail or the MAC creator's Excel version or??? Thank you for any help. ...

Accessing Encrypted File
Hello there, I have a big problem and do not know where to turn for help! A few days ago I encrypted a few folders with some important files using XP SP3 EFS procedures. (right click, properties, advance, etc). Then I tried to export the cert to a thumb drive. But doing: Internet Explorer 8> Tools> Internet Options> Content> Certificates> It was blank. No cert at all. This gave me a bad feeling. Immediately I started Windows Explorer & tried to open an encrypted file, but to my fear I go access denied message. Now, I am the same user, no format no new inst...

Can I add a map to an Access report?
I'd like to create a prospect sheet for salesmen with a business address, other info and a printed map from Yahoo, Google, or Bing so they can easily find their next location. Can I do this through an Access report using a control object or ActiveX object? If so, what is the object and how is it used? Article 193 on this page might be useful: http://www.helenfeddema.com/access.htm It's about Google maps on a form, where they're interactive, rather than a report; but it might give you a starting point. HTH, Rob "ProgrammerViejo" <ProgrammerVi...

Can't open pst file, It said this is not personal folder.
I have several pst files which are over 2G, some even 3G, which can not open now. Story: I was using outlook 2003 before and they were ok even over 2G or 3G. one day I broke my disk so I sent the disk outside to rescue all data back. when I open pst less than 2G, they are fine. But the pst files over 2G I can not open now. Even I want to open and repair it but it said it is not pst file. what can I do now ? ...

how to key in one table and show in another tables in Access 2003
I have many tables how can I link them together and as I type certain information in the master show in the other tables. You should not duplicate data in different tables. This constitutes redundancy and leaves the database open to the risk of inconsistent data. Tables should be related to each other by a foreign key column or columns in one referencing a primary key column or columns in another. Non-key columns should only be in one table. The process of eliminating redundancy in tables is known as 'normalization'. Here's a brief description of how it works: Normali...

Excel Pivot Items Using C#
I am working on a C# add-in that modifies pivot tables. I have done this work in VBA, and the object model seems straightforward, e.g., PivotTable-PivotFields-PivotItems, but I can not get the object for PivotItems, or iterate through the items. Do I need something other than PivotItems? Code for PivotFields, that works: IExcel.PivotFields pvtfs = (IExcel.PivotFields) pvtTable.get_PageFields(Missing.Value); foreach (IExcel.PivotField pvtf in pvtfs) { Code for the does nto work, and PivotItems shows no va...

is there a way to get number of "objects" in a Access db?
I have a mdb with a large number of forms open at the same time. I think I might be hitting the 32768 object limit. Is there any way to monitor the object count so I can prove or disprove my suspicions. DaBears - This will cound all the objects in the MSysObjects table. Obviously, don't mess with the system tables... SELECT Count(MSysObjects.Id) AS CountOfId FROM MSysObjects; -- Daryl S "DaBears" wrote: > I have a mdb with a large number of forms open at the same time. I think I > might be hitting the 32768 object limit. Is there any way ...

corrupted excel 2000 file which is password protected
we are looking for a utility which will allow us to recover a excel 2000 file multiple sheets and passworded. The file was originally stored on a zip disk and we were not able to open the file because of hardware problems with the zipdisk. We then used norton disk doctor and were able to copy the file from the zipdisk to our 'C' drive. When we now try to open the file with excel, it asks for the password, which it accepts, but then gives the following error message The file is approx 3mb and asks for the password which it accepts but then says 'excel has generated errors a...

excel2000-password shared file over wireless network-crashing
I have a file that is password protected and shared by two people over a wireless network. It is constantly crashing while saving. Does anybody have any ideas on the problem? I turned off the password ans still have the same problem. I haven't heard anybody complain about excel2000 crashing while shared. Any help would be great. Would excel 2003 work? I don't really want to upgrade since there is very little difference between the both. Thanks, Joe ...