PST deleted

During the installation of the updates post Windows 2000 Service Pack 4,
Outlook XP by the user: a contact from the address book wa opened.  The card
has been closed without modification. Ended the modernizations it has been
restarted the computer, then has been launch the 05-054 patch of Internet
Explorer. After a new restart, opening Microsoft Outlook, the system says
PST was deleted!

Any helps ?

S.

0
NoSpam2208 (77)

Is the PST simply renamed (possibly extension changed) or sitting in the
Recycle Bin?

"Nospam" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message
> During the installation of the updates post Windows 2000 Service Pack 4,
> Outlook XP by the user: a contact from the address book wa opened.  The
> card
> has been closed without modification. Ended the modernizations it has been
> restarted the computer, then has been launch the 05-054 patch of Internet
> Explorer. After a new restart, opening Microsoft Outlook, the system says
> PST was deleted!
>

> Any helps ?

0
vince8328 (2733)
12/20/2005 7:40:15 PM
Nospam <nospam@nospam.org> wrote:

> During the installation of the updates post Windows 2000 Service Pack
> 4, Outlook XP by the user: a contact from the address book wa opened.
> The card has been closed without modification. Ended the
> modernizations it has been restarted the computer, then has been
> launch the 05-054 patch of Internet Explorer. After a new restart,
> opening Microsoft Outlook, the system says PST was deleted!

I'd be surprised if it says the PST was deleted.  What is the EXACT text of
the mesage?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
12/20/2005 8:32:43 PM
No, nothing renamed or in Recycle bin, nothing hidden....
"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:uGfh30ZBGHA.3396@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Is the PST simply renamed (possibly extension changed) or sitting in the
> Recycle Bin?
>
> "Nospam" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message
> > During the installation of the updates post Windows 2000 Service Pack 4,
> > Outlook XP by the user: a contact from the address book wa opened.  The
> > card
> > has been closed without modification. Ended the modernizations it has
been
> > restarted the computer, then has been launch the 05-054 patch of
Internet
> > Explorer. After a new restart, opening Microsoft Outlook, the system
says
> > PST was deleted!
> >

> > Any helps ?

0
NoSpam2208 (77)
12/21/2005 4:18:15 PM
At Outlook Startup

Impossible find the <user settings path   /Outlook.PST>

"Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Nospam <nospam@nospam.org> wrote:
>
> > During the installation of the updates post Windows 2000 Service Pack
> > 4, Outlook XP by the user: a contact from the address book wa opened.
> > The card has been closed without modification. Ended the
> > modernizations it has been restarted the computer, then has been
> > launch the 05-054 patch of Internet Explorer. After a new restart,
> > opening Microsoft Outlook, the system says PST was deleted!
>
> I'd be surprised if it says the PST was deleted.  What is the EXACT text
of
> the mesage?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
NoSpam2208 (77)
12/21/2005 4:19:32 PM
Do you have any unerase tools available to you?

> No, nothing renamed or in Recycle bin, nothing hidden....

0
vince8328 (2733)
12/21/2005 4:21:08 PM
Nospam <nospam@nospam.org> wrote:

> At Outlook Startup
>
> Impossible find the <user settings path   /Outlook.PST>

I don't see the word "deleted" in there anywhere.  Open your Mail applet in
Control Panel and look at the path where Outlook is trying to find the PST
and see if it is correct.  Enable showing hidden files and folders and
search your hard drive for files ending in ".pst".  Use an undelete program
so see it it was actually deleted.  Was the PST on a local drive or on a
network drive?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
12/21/2005 5:06:20 PM
Yes, but already done this morning :(

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:e3HCRqkBGHA.3984@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Do you have any unerase tools available to you?
>
> "Nospam" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message
> > No, nothing renamed or in Recycle bin, nothing hidden....

0
NoSpam2208 (77)
12/21/2005 5:47:07 PM
I've already done any type of search; the PST was in the local drive.

> Nospam <nospam@nospam.org> wrote:
>
> > At Outlook Startup
> >
> > Impossible find the <user settings path   /Outlook.PST>
>
> I don't see the word "deleted" in there anywhere.  Open your Mail applet
in
> Control Panel and look at the path where Outlook is trying to find the PST
> and see if it is correct.  Enable showing hidden files and folders and
> search your hard drive for files ending in ".pst".  Use an undelete
program
> so see it it was actually deleted.  Was the PST on a local drive or on a
> network drive?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
NoSpam2208 (77)
12/21/2005 5:48:01 PM
Nospam <nospam@nospam.org> wrote:

> I've already done any type of search; the PST was in the local drive.

With viewing hidden files and folders enabled?
--
Brian Tillman
0
> Nospam <nospam@nospam.org> wrote:
>
> > I've already done any type of search; the PST was in the local drive.
>
> With viewing hidden files and folders enabled?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
NoSpam2208 (77)

How can I delete entire inbox?
Hi, Is there a way to empty and/or delete the total inbox folder? The account has so much spam and don't want to delete 1000 spam messages one by one. Thanks for any help! Select first email, hold down shift, use down arrow to select all = messages, presss delete. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, egb88 asked: | Hi, | Is there a way to empty and/or delete the total inbox folder? The | account has so much...

Using Remove History to delete old financial data
My company would like to remove financial data from 1995-1999 on our SQL Server. We are running Dynamics 9.0. Would performing Tools >> Utilities >> Financial >> Remove History remove the data from SQL Server (i.e. table GL30000) and any other tables that would have financial data related to these years or do I have to run a series of SQL scripts against the database tables to delete the data? Thanks for all help in advance. -- Dave Christman System Developer ...

Re: Massive "FIND" or " Compare cells " then , Delete....
Hello All, lets say I have in Column A, Dan, John, Bill, Angela, Fred ...many entries of the same names.... In Column B, I have Nancy, Dan, Steve, I want to delete all of the "Dans" in both columns ... Can I do something like: =compare( A1:B20 ) , delete,*.*)) I tried Subsitute, FIND, REPLACE.... Help! I am Confused!!!! :) Select A1:B100 (assuming that is your range), do Edit / Replace, replacing Dan with nothing, then with the range still selected do Edit / Go To / Special / Blanks, then Edit / Delete / Shift Cells UP. This assumes you want ...

Deleting original text on reply or forward
Hiya.. I have a user that, when they receive a message from a particular law firm, and they attempt to reply to it, the text from the original message is removed, though, the law firms 'disclaimer' remains intact. This also happens on forwards. This user does not have their Outlook set to remove the text in their options.. And as stated, this only happens with this particular law firm. I have opened the email message, and looked for macros, but there don't appear to be any. So.. my question is: How are they doing it? How does this law firm force recipients to lose the origi...

pst help
I had an outlook pst file of about 1gig on my desktop and using a backup program backed it up and then imported it into my laptop (for the first time) which took over an hour. I cleaned up (deleted) some emails in my inbox (from about 4,200 emails to 3,700) I then exported the file from my laptop and then imported that file (still about 1 gig) back to my desktop. The import did not reflect the email deletions I made on the laptop though but the pst file size jumped from 1 gig to 1.8 gig. I don't see any duplications in my emails or contacts. I'm using Outlook 2003. I would like to get ...

.pst files #11
Do the contacts reside within the .pst file? If the outlook.pst and archive.pst files are backed up will I be able to restore all data in case of corruption or loss? Are there ways to retrieve data from .pst files other than Outlook? Yes, yes and none that I'm aware of (of course I may be wrong). "badgolferman" <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:xn0g6snu1akojp004@reader80.motzarella.org... > Do the contacts reside within the .pst file? > > If the outlook.pst and archive.pst files are backed up will I be able > to restore all data i...

Delete a user
How can I delete a user once all records have been re-assigned and all licenses and security roles removed? You can't remove users. ...

No pst file on computer
Hello, I purchased Office 2007 standard. I install the product no problem. everything works except outlook. When starting outlook for set up it tells me can't find .pst file. I have no outlook pst file on my computer at all. It then lets me try to find it, but it is not on machine. I uninstalled Office then tried to reinstall it but I still have the same problem. Any thoughts or help ? Thanks, Jay Did you have Outlook on the computer before if yes which version was it? The Office 2007 Standard that you are trying to install is it a Retail or an Upgrade version -- ...

.pst large file manangement
Hi, We have a problem mananging our .pst folder files when they get over 1GB using Outlook 2000. Does Outlook 2002- 3, work better with these large mail files? Is auto- archiving the only solution? Thanks ahead of time for any info, Rob OL2003 doesn't have the 2GB limit. Still, best not to let PST files get that big in general - performance usually suffers. Rob wrote: > Hi, > > We have a problem mananging our .pst folder files when > they get over 1GB using Outlook 2000. Does Outlook 2002- > 3, work better with these large mail files? Is auto- > archiving the o...

"stronger" or "more powerful" repair for PST files than SCANPST?
I'm having a problem with Outlook 2003 crashing frequently and unpredictably and with Outlook sometimes hanging while starting up. In the latter case, I need to use Task Manager to stop the Outlook.pst process and then restart. I run SCANPST very frequently, several times a day, because of all the crashes. Sometimes Outlook stalls on startup right after I've run SCANPST. Other times, Outlook crashes after only a few minutes of usage, right after a SCANPST. So I'm wondering if one of the expensive commercial Outlook repair utilities can fix my problem(s). I would have to pay f...

How to delete?
I amusing Money Plus Premium, and I have a problem I hope you can help with. T Rowe Price changed my user name, so my online services no longer worked. So I stopped Online updates, and re-created it. I got a bunch of statements and recent transactions even though I said I did not want any transactions. So I went through them, but I think by mistake I accepted a match that was incorrect, so my current balance of one fund was wrong. After trying to figure out what the transaction was, and redoing the process again, I went back to yesterday's backup and started over. But now, I hav...

Keeping Deleted Items Folder Cleaned Up
I'm trying to add a rule that will delete any item over 2 years old in my deleted items folder. The rules wizard only lets me select the inbox. I delete stuff but don't clear deleted box in case I need it later. Is there a way that I could send a deleted email to a temporary folder and have a rule for it to send it to the deleted box and have my deleted box emptied whenever I log out? Thanks for your help, Marw ...

hOW TO DELETE THE
"KimSingh" <KimSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How to delete the - in (23-HFV51), I have lots of rows with data. Assume the source is in col A, A2 down Put in B2: =SUBSTITUTE(A2,"-","") Copy down Copy col B, then paste special as values to overwrite col A -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- Edit>Replace what: - with: nothing Replace all. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:07:02 -0800, "KimSingh" <KimSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Conditional Delete
I want to delete all cells that contain specific text. Any help would be appreciated! I'd select that column and do Data|Filter|autofilter Then use the dropdown and choose custom contains: (type in your value) And delete the visible rows Then data|Filter|autofilter (to remove the filter) ======= You may be able to chose the value you want from the dropdown, too--avoiding the Custom stuff. gsxith3@embarqmail.com wrote: > > I want to delete all cells that contain specific text. Any help would > be appreciated! -- Dave Peterson Edit>Find what: yourtext Find all. ...

deleting a record after copying data
I currently have code in a form called workorders to execute after update to copy data over to a new form called Closed_Workorders. using two different tables (tasks and closed tasks) How do I write the code to delete the record once it is copied. "Thanks for your Support" Here is the code: Private Sub Status_AfterUpdate() If Status = "Completed" Then Dim StDocName As String Dim StDocnbr As String StDocName = "Completed_WorkOrders" StDocnbr = [Log_Number] DoCmd.OpenForm StDocName DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Forms![Completed_WorkOrders]...

Will deleting a Form delete attached code? AND How to see ALL code in dB ?
1 Will deleting a Form delete any code attached to the form? 2 Is there a way to see all the code associated with an Access data base? 3 - Or must you open every form and ask for code view? Or what? 3 - Can you print all the code out at once or must you open each object and print code associated with that object? thanks for the help. Mel "Mel" <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177956107.236707.142280@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >1 Will deleting a Form delete any code attached to the form? Well, the answer is "kind of" yes. It is important t...

why does deleted email have a line thru it
I have 2 email accounts. One works fine. On the other; when I delete an email I have a line thru it and the email stays in the inbox and cannot be removed. Help. Did you try and hit Send\Receive when the line is through the message. Does it delete then -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFDC8DB7-12D5-47C3-AA1E-74F72CF0258D@microsoft.com... >I have 2 email accounts. One works fine. On t...

Deletion of Backups
I want to automatically copy my scheduled nightly GP backup to an external drive and then delete the backup off the server. GP doesn't allow the backup directly to the external drive. What would be the best way to accomplish that? ------=_NextPart_0001_D418A9F0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello David, Thanks for posting in Microsoft Forums! Please note the new Forums posting area at the following URL - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ Recommendation is to configure a Job right within SQL Server as a scheduled Maintenance P...

#Deleted
Hello, I have a continuous form where the rs is from a main table, and one currency field from a detail table. If data is entered into the detail table field, the info is entered correctly, along with a few other default field values not displayed. My problem is, if the detail record has a value, and the user overwrites with $0 or clears the field, I wish to delete the child record. I am doing this with a runsql delete. All this is fine, but I then get a #Deleted displayed on my form. Me.requery fixes the problem but also makes the first record the current record, and ...

Deleting Outlook 2002
I have just bought Office 2003 and want to load Outlook 2003. I don't seem to be able to do this. Outlook 2002 won't delete; I've deleted in the Add/Remove programmes in the Control Panel but still the Outlook version remains 2002. I think that the best solution is to delete 2002 and then re-intall Office 2003 Can anyone help please Installing Outlook 2003 should automatically remove Outlook 2002, since only one version is allowed per machine. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Deve...

Exmerge creates default PST Files
I'm running exmerge(ver. 6.5.7529.0). It shows all the mailboxes with the proper size, but when I run exmerge, it creates the pst files to the default size of 32K. Any suggestions of what i am doing wrong? On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:29:03 -0700, Petlab <Petlab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm running exmerge(ver. 6.5.7529.0). It shows all the mailboxes with the >proper size, but when I run exmerge, it creates the pst files to the default >size of 32K. Any suggestions of what i am doing wrong? In other words, empty? Check the exmerge.ini log for details why the...

Can not import *.PST filre into OE V6
Every time I click OUTLOOK to import I get "Cannot import messages to MAPI client". I can however clcik on other email application like Netscape, OE V4&6 and it will let me continue. Thanks!! The .pst file format is specific to Outlook, not Express. Open it in Outlook first and then import into Outlook Express. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Jarama <james.rama@nokia.com> asked | Every time I click OUTLOOK to import I get | "Cannot import messages to MAPI client"...

Problem exporting public folder to PST file
On our exchange 2003 server we have a public folder that archives all mail that passes through the system. I want to export the contents to a .pst file so that older emails can be deleted but a record of them retained. When I do an "export to file" in Outlook 2003 I have found that I can only get so far before it fails with "unknown error". As an example I can back up the first 7 days of novembers emails to a .pst but backing up the 8th fails at the same point every time. Nothing is logged in the event log of either PC or server. I'm guessing this is a corrupt ema...

how to recover my personal folder .pst file with in user profile
Actually, i create a personalfolder file x.pst in to one user profile. after that for getting the same screen settings of the other user. i copy that user profile into mine after that i can't open outlook personal folders. I using search for that file, even i cant get it at anywhere pls help urgent If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, make sure you're searching in hidden and system folders to find all existing .PST files. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the messag...

Restoring PST-File
Hi, last week m yharddisc crashed and I could save the Outlook File "Pers?nliche Ordner(1).pst" (Gernman Installation). Now I have installed a new system and tried to import my "Pers?nliche Ordner" (there are a lot of e-mnails I need to recover. Unfurtunately the import function states, that the mentioned file is not a "Pers?nlicher Ordner". Any idea how to recover data in this file? Thanks for any help Regards, Harald anonymous <anonymous> wrote: > last week m yharddisc crashed and I could save the Outlook File > "Pers?nliche Ordner(1).pst&quo...