Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use #3

I have a user running Outlook 2000 with 3 email profiles.
This user stores email encrypted via PKI in a PST under one of these
profiles.  The certificate is valid and has not expired.
The user had a problem recently where the tech that helped him
uninstalled and reloaded his certs.  After this happened the user was
not able to access his PST.  He gets the error message "Properties for
this information service must be defined prior to use" followed by an
access denied message on the PST

I have verified that the file is not checked as Read Only.
I have verified that the user has full control of the file
I have tried to make a backup of the PST but it won't let me copy the
file anywhere as either the user or administrator.  Although I can not
copy the file I can rename the file and I can move the file
I tried to burn the PST to a CD but get an error message that the file
has been changed or deleted.  Yes Outlook was closed
The user downloaded and ran a tool to strip passwords from PSTs but
that didn't do anything.
I tried running ScanPST but got an error message that the file was Read
Only

0
abal1221 (1)

Excel 97 #3
what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is some type of handle. Is it in the top right corner? If yes, then it's probably a comment indicator. Let your cursor linger over that cell. If you see a comment, that's it. rjh wrote: > > what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is > some type of handle. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com The red triangle indicates someone has inserted a comment to give you information. Move the mouse over the cell to show the comment. Right- click on the comment to edit or delete it. Regards Peter >----...

Help with using data
Hi I would really appreciate some help with extracting data from Outlook. I have been building up a database of clients/prospectives, these are in various categories. I would like to extract/search on various fields as well as my own categories, all i can do with export is extract the whole lot to a tab delimited file. Or export categories to an rge file which I can't use. Any ideas out there? thanks Outlook's Search doesn't suffice? There are 3rd party search applications that might help. What sprcifically stops you from exporting to a format other than TSV? There are other...

Run-time error 438
I'm trying to find out why this code is not working. With Worksheets("Multi-period Code data").ListBox1 .Clear For FillCount = 1 To Worksheets("ClassCodes").Range("E1") .AddItem Worksheets("ClassCodes").Range("C1").Offset(FillCount, 0) Next FillCount .ListIndex = Worksheets("Multi-period Code data").Range("O1").Value End With Just to clarify, there is a sheet named "Multi-period Code data" and ListBox1 exists on the sheet. The err...

custom properties
Is there a way when I add a custom property to a document and then insert that field within a document that I can prevent a user from deleting the field and just typing in a value instead of using the proper method of changing the value within the field. Place the insertion point inside the field which is actually a content control. On the Developer tab, click Properties (in the Controls group). Select the "Content control cannot be deleted" option, and click OK. (If you can't see the Developer tab, first display it via Office button | Word Options, Popular catego...

Real Programmers (TM) use MSFT C# not Linux languages (sez an expert)
Don't take my word for it, see what this nationally syndicated author and computer programming guru says... and note the reader's comment at the very end...about Linux...I think he's talking about Linux. Anyway the takeaway executive summary of this article is simple: C# rulz. RL http://programmingzen.com/2010/06/23/how-microsoft-is-changing-the-programm= ing-world/ How Microsoft is changing the programming world Posted on Jun 23rd, 2010 in .NET, Programming Languages | 47 comments Several years ago I knew a programmer, we=92ll call him Joe, who fancied himsel...

MSCRM API failing with User defined fields.Help !

IIS Admin Service keep failing
Hi there, We have been running Exchange2003 on Win2003 Standard for the last year with little or no problems. Since December though, IIS Admin service keeps failing along with FTP Publishing, Smtp and Exchange Routing Engine. It auto restarts the services until the count reaches 50 and then stops (it reaches 50 in about 24 hours) We are running the latest levels on Server2003 and Exchange2003, EX Best Practices Analyser comes back fine. I found 1 article about this but it was to do with 2000 and says I dont need to apply the patch as it is included in SP1 System Log gives event ID 703...

Outlook 2003 error when trying to use WordMail
Hi, Outlook 2003 has recently started reporting the following error, when trying to use Word 2003 as the MAil Editor. I have tried all the uslal things including Uninstalling Office, clearing the main registry settings and re installing, but nothing seems to work, does anyone have any idea what is causing this and more importantly how to solve it: "Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as outlook. The outlook email word editor will be used instead. an OLE registration error occured. The program is not correctly installed run Setup program again" Gavin,...

selecting cells #3
When working with a large group of cells, I find it easier to click the top cell, scroll to the bottom, and click the last cell while holding the shift key down. The problem is, when I want to select a second column of data, I have to select the top cell using the control key, the pull down the cursor manually. Is there a way to select 2 or more non-adjacent columns without having to scroll down using the mouse? Nevermind - figured it out myself. The easiest things are often so obvious they are hard to see. "Wazooli" wrote: > When working with a large group of cells, I...

Query--using Access 2007
I have a tblAddress table with a lookup field called TypeofAddressID. A company may have many addresses with different TypeofAddressID—such as 1 = Business, 2 = Mailstop, 3 = PO Box, and so on. I need to pull out TypeofAddressID # 1. Then if a 1 is not available, give me the type that is (which may be the PO address or Mailstop). I tried DLookup, Xor, and IIf([TypeofAddressID]=1, 1, IIf([TypeofAddressID]=2, 2, IIf([TypeofAddressID]=3, 3, 4))), but it is listing all addresses per company instead of either or. Any suggestions? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster....

CRM 3.0
Is anyone using the Cisco VPN Client to connect remote CRM users either with the IE and/or the Outlook Client interface. Are there any performance issues over broadband, ??? Also, what are the recommended bandwidths both ends??? Some travelling field staff need to connect remotely thru dial up connections (56k) - (ie. Remote location has no broadband available) How does this option perform, ??? a) Online thru IE7 Interface b) Online thru Outlook Client Interface c) Syncronising the Outlook Client image with the Master CRM 3.0 Database Is this a feasible option ???? TIA ...

how can I enter 453. to show as 453 instead of 4.53 when using th.
I'm not sure how to use the decimal when entering numbers in excel. I want to use the fixed decimal space as to so when I just type in 453 it appears as 4.53 But when I want to enter 60 and I enter 60. I get .60 Any thoughts? Enter 60. with the decimal point at the end. In article <B343D637-7039-48CA-AB16-6B389D3A441A@microsoft.com>, "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm not sure how to use the decimal when entering numbers in excel. I want > to use the fixed decimal space as to so when I just type in 453 it appears as >...

I cant use englisch function names in a swedich version of excel
Hi, Why can't I use Englisch named function names, like =ROUND(...) in a sheet when I have a Swedich version of excel. Excel will tell me the error "#Name?" when I open an Englisch version worksheet or if I try to enter an englisch function name. But if I write a macro with the englisch function name inside the code and I call that macro in the sheet the function will be translated to the swedich function name. Thanks Pelle Hi this is just the way Excel works. For a function translation see: http://www.contextures.com/functions.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

Looking for information on creating a multithreaded com project VS
Hi; I'm looking for a tutorial or article on creating an MFC COM DLL project in VS2005. I have to create a COM dll that will act as a server. this server also has to be able to be multi threaded. Basiclly i will have a the app class and then the class that is the actual guts of the application: CDoSomethingServer (dll code ) CDoSomething (implementation code) I have examples of how this is done in VS 6 then imported into VS 2005, but when i try to accomplish the same thing from scratch in VS 2005 the code does not look like the other projects. Any help would be appreciated. What e...

How to Insert clips in Outlook using Clip Art Organizer
My Outlook 2003 "Insert" menu used to have the option of using the Clip Art Organizer program to search for clip art to insert into Outlook. This option has disappeared and I have not been able to find out how to get it back. Any ideas? "Tamara" <Tamara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CADF265E-7DBB-46EB-8077-CA78137FE4C3@microsoft.com... > My Outlook 2003 "Insert" menu used to have the option of using the Clip Art > Organizer program to search for clip art to insert into Outlook. This > option > has disappeare...

Fill Series #3
All, I am trying to fill a series in a row to the right. Upon doing this excel moves the value of each cell up only 1 column. I want it to move up 2 columns. For example here is the starting folrmula: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$A$4:NPIData!$B$82,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$ A$4:NPIData!$B$82,2,0)) but every time I do a fill series I get the following: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$B$4:NPIData!$C$82,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$ B$4:NPIData!$C$82,2,0)) and I would like when I do a fill series for the next formula to result in : =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$...

WHERE without using CASE
I'm trying to edit a Filter in Outlook and it has a sort of SQL syntax. The only thing is I don't know if it accepts CASE statements -- it's giving a 'SQL parsing' error. Is there another simple SQL way of doing this WHERE clause without using case (e.g. using AND or OR)?: WHERE (CASE WHEN (MyField1 IS NULL) THEN (MyField2) ELSE (MyField1))>1 My Reference: (CASE WHEN ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/string/{00020329-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}/MyField1" IS NULL) THEN ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/st...

How do I use the data in a named field to select a worksheet tab .
I need to use a named field to select a worksheet tab in another workbook. ie i have a workbook called Master and need to collect data from a workbook called Reports, but i need to collect it from different worksheets within Reports depending on the month selected in Master. The tabs in Reports are M01,M02,etc. In Master I have a Named Field called 'Month" with M01,M02 etc entered in it. This field needs to select the corresponding tab in Reports. Usually the reference syntax goes something like '[Filename]Tabname!Cellname or reference. Here is an obscure example from an old...

how to use for dummies
need major help with excel. I can't remember how to calculate the numbers and means etc for chart useage More details please. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 21:31:01 -0700, audrey nurse <audreynurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >need major help with excel. I can't remember how to calculate the numbers >and means etc for chart useage ...

use the repeat key (F4) in Publisher like Word
After following the help directions, there doesn't appear to be an option for repeat key in Publisher. F4 is the repeat key in Word. So, why can I not use this in Publisher also. Keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Publisher http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030885451033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dynamite" <dynamite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39869267-91E1-4664-B818-B3CA5D78BF34@microsoft.com... > After following the help directions, there doesn't...

SFO 3.0 on workgroup computers
Hi. We have done a couple of SFO install on worksgroup computers. Everything works fine. The users connect to the domain via ISA VPN. The users username and password is the same on the workgroup computer and in the domain. Now we get this error when we install on som new workgroup computers. Is is not posible to install the SFO on worksgroup computers? Best regards Jacob Mondrup Vivant IT Management Microsoft CRM Setup Is Being Run By a User Who Is Not a Domain User Cause Microsoft CRM Setup is being run by a user who is not a domain user. Solution Exit Microsoft CRM Setup and log on ...

Type casting problem while using Reflection
Hi, I am newbie on CSharp. I am using Reflection for run-time function calling. Everything is working perfect, but problem is coming while self defined Abstract Data Type casting. I am made two project in one solution, (1) Class Library Type, (2) Console Type project. Class Library Project has two classes, Examin.cs file namespace ExampleLib { public class Examin { private Result result = new Result(); public void setResultValue(int val) { result.Sum = val; } public Result getResultObj() { return result; }...

add new capture image using wdsutil problem
I am getting this error can you hlp pls An error occurred while trying to execute the command. Error Code: 0xC10408A1 Error Description: The image name "F:\RemoteInstall\Images\Marketing" could not be found for the specified architecture. -- aconti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1286142.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

countif #3
Can anybody help me with the following formula. =COUNTIF(AND(C2:C1300,"<=500"),(C2:C1300),">=0")). I get an error everytime I try to put it in. tx. You can use two COUNTIFs. E.g., =COUNTIF(C2:C1300,"<=500")-COUNTIF(C2:C1300,"<0") -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "nkob" <tlee@lang.com> wrote in message news:uCTvEcqkDHA.3320@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Can anybody help me with the following formula. > =COUNTIF(AND(C2:C1300,&q...

Document Properties and Custom Fields
Hi , Is it possible to insert a reference to document properties or custom fields (defined under custom properties) into a excel footer? Thanks Andrew You could use a macro to retrieve it: Option Explicit Sub testme01() With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .CenterFooter = "&8 " & _ FormatDateTime((ActiveWorkbook _ .BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time")), 1) .RightFooter = "&8 " & _ ActiveWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties("mycustomprop") End With End Sub Be aware that not all ...