properly creating Personal Folders

I have purchased Microsoft Office 2003 and in briefly reading the included
book, it stated three licences were included.  I assume that I am able to
create three Persanol File Folders in OutLook.  I am hoping to keep organized
by creating; one   for myself, one fordaughter and another for my mother.

If I am not correct, please inform me and if I am correct, would you kindly
instruct me on how I create the different Personal File Folders.  Thank you
0
RBB (1)

File > New > Outlook Data File
Your license will not affect how many PST files you can create.
You might also want to consider creating separate Outlook profiles instead,
to help keep thing separate.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918&Product=out2003

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"RBB" <RBB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have purchased Microsoft Office 2003 and in briefly reading the included
> book, it stated three licences were included.  I assume that I am able to
> create three Persanol File Folders in OutLook.  I am hoping to keep
> organized
> by creating; one   for myself, one fordaughter and another for my mother.
>
> If I am not correct, please inform me and if I am correct, would you
> kindly
> instruct me on how I create the different Personal File Folders.  Thank
> you

0
russval1 (2100)
2/11/2007 3:43:44 PM
Hallo RBB, du schriebst am 11.02.2007:

> I have purchased Microsoft Office 2003 and in briefly reading the included
> book, it stated three licences were included.

That means that you have the permission to install this Outlook version
on three computers.

> I assume that I am able to create three Persanol File Folders in
> OutLook.

In each Outlook installation resp. in each Outlook profile you can
create as much as Personal Folders as you want �X at least I don't know
any restrictions.

If you, your daughter and your mother are using the same computer with
different (windows-)accounts you needn't do anything. After Windows
logon and starting Outlook first, Outlook configures automatically a
profile. Create the email accounts and everything is fine. The Outlook
data file (.pst) of each user will be stored in its Windows user account
(C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Setting\Application
Datas\Microsoft\Outlook).

If your using only one Windows account you may create several Outlook
profiles �X one for you, one for your daughter, one for your mother:

Control Panel | Mail | Show Profiles

So it is ensured that every user has its own Outlook enviroment.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

Moving programs into folders
I moved my Wordpad program out of the Accesories folder onto my desktop. Now, I want to put it back into the Accesories folder which is in my start menu. How do I do that? "Accessories" is just another folder on your hard drive, you just need to find a way to navigate to it. If you right-click on "Accessories" you'll probably see options like "Open All Users" or "Explore All Users". Either of those will open a Windows Explorer view of the Programs menu to which you can Copy/Move items. Oh, btw, this newsgroup is for questions related to Mi...

Help to create and Insert New Target Date record in Subform
I am a newbie to programming in MSAccess. (I'm using Access2007). I have a mainform (ContentAreas) and a subform (UpdateDates). I also have a database table (DateSchedule). The Mainform contains a field: UpdateFrequency The Subform contains two fields: TargetDate and ActualDate The DateSchedule table is a list of dates and a "Usable" Yes/No field (to tell me if that date is a valid date for use) What I would like to do is when I update the "ActualDate" in the subform, I would like to calculate the next "TargetDate" by adding the "Update...

Mails not seen in sent items folder
I am not finding the sent mails in my sent items folder. Even my outlook settings has selected save the sent mails in sent items folder. Pls help me in troubleshooting this prob. rgds Guruprasad Check your view of the Sent Items folder. Go to View, Current View (or View, Arrange By, Current View in Outlook 2003) and see if you're set to Unread messages or some other view than the default Messages view. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Gu...

Can't create blank from IF
Hi, I'm using the following to create a data validation list: =OFFSET(C$100,0,0,COUNTA(C$100:C$200),1) At C100 through to C200 I have =IF(ISTEXT('Status list'!C1),'Status list'!C1,"") (Status List is a separate worksheet of options for various drop-down lists through the workbook - you can't use data validation with references across worksheets) The idea is that I can, as time goes by, add options on the Status List sheet - up to 100 options), without needing to play around with data validation. The problem I have, is that "" is not interprete...

Please Help! How to enable cell overwrite AFTER the query is created
How do I check and/or change to overwrite the target cell? I've already created the query and I can't find where to edit the overwrite option (Excel 2002) Select a cell in the external data range. Choose Data>Import External Data> Data Range Properties Change the setting for 'If the number of rows in the data range changes' Click OK Kipp wrote: > How do I check and/or change to overwrite the target cell? I've already created the query and I can't find where to edit the overwrite option (Excel 2002) -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://...

Add recipients from personal contactbook i exchange 2003 webmail
Hi all, Normally my users are using Outlook 2003 with our exchange 2003 server. Sometimes we use the webmail but some functions are rather difficult i the webmail. If I want to reply an email and send it to someone in my personal contact book, I have to search in the contacts. In outlook I can see a list of my personal contact book. It not possible in the webmail? Can i type something in the search box and get everyone in a list? Best Regards Martin On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:09:13 +0200, Martin <wee@wee.co.org> wrote: >Hi all, > >Normally my users are using Outlook 2003 wit...

Create two related list box
hi all, I don't know if I can asking questions regarding Access in this foru or not, but hopefully can get some answers. In my Access form, I want to create 2 list box where the first list bo with 3 sections (morning, afternoon, evening) and the second list box i for the time(7-8am, 8-9am, 9-10am, 10-11am, 11-12pm, 12-1pm,.......). So, when the user choose "morning" under the sections list box, the the choices he has to choose from are 7-8, 8-9, 9-10, 10-11am. Afte the time is chose, some information related are displayed out. How thi can be done :confused: ? I hope someone...

Sent items folder #8
In OL2003 if emails in my Sent Items have attachments are the attachments in this folder a duplicate of the file or is it only a link? I have many emails in my sent items folder which have attachments of 5MB and don't think its good to unnecessarily expand the Outlook database. Beemer Depends on how you attached the file, but the default behavior is duplicate to what is stored on file system. "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uu56ULzAHHA.4568@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > In OL2003 if emails in my Sent Items have attachments are the attachments ...

Missing accounts in Money 2004 after importing from Quicken Personal+ 2004
Hello Folks, after importing my Quicken file into Money 2004 Std. some accounts are not showing up in the account list. They show up in the pull down list of accounts when setting up scheduled transactions in the calendar etc. How can I get them to show in the account list? TIA Graeme. Tough to say as Money 2004 only supports importing Money 2003 and earlier. I'm surprised you got this far. BTW, Money2005, which claims to convert Q04, is something I do not recommended. See http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm. "Graeme" <gnichols@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:41...

How to create calander in public folder
Hi Guys, I'm looking to create a public calendar which everyone can have access to update. I've tried doing this in the outlook public folder but it says I dont have permissions? I am the domain admin. I'm pretty sure I dont do this from the exchange side? cheers Jon -- jon1234 http://forums.slipstick.com Jon, Maybe the setting for Top level folder creation is holding you back. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256131 http://www.petri.co.il/limit_creation_of_top-level_exchange_public_folders.htm John On 19 feb, 00:45, jon1234 <jon1234.46m99a@...

how do I create an icon for frequently used functions ?
for example: paste value etc. ...

Creating a tab name by entering a cell value in a different worksh
I want to enter a value in a cell on Worksheet 1 (first tab). I then want that cell value to be used to name a new tab automatically. (ie Enter "PO: 123" in sheet1!A2, then enter "3" in sheet1!B2. I want sheet3 to then be named "PO: 123") If I can't have this, THEN: If I name sheet3 "PO:123", can i populate sheet1!A2 with the sheet name "PO:123" by indicating the sheet number in cell B2? I'm trying to avoid double entering identical data by pulling values from one cell or sheet name. This seems like it should be within reach,...

Removing Duplicate Instance of Persoanl Folders Office 2003
Yes, I have 2 instances of Personal Folders in Outlook 2003. There is no dearth of available online instructions to remove this. I've followed all the intstructions, but to no avail. I've done the recommended Registry surgery, but all the instructions pertain to earlier versions of Outlook. This is Outlook 2003 and the Registry entries are not the same.. At least on my system. I remove a particular key in the Windows Messaging Registry key but it still returns. Can somepne help? Thanks, B ...

DPM 2010 Error 360 0x80042428 creating protection groups
When trying to create protection groups I get the following errors in DPM 2010: Error 360: The operation failed due to a virtual disk service error Error details: Unknown error (0x80042428) Recommended action: Retry the operation. I have rebooted, restarted Virtual Disk service and added a new drive to storage pool. Have tried just local disks and with Hyper-V. Result is the same in each case. Now what should I try? From the website: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd208031(PROT.10).aspx This error is given by VDS as it is finding the disk as ReadOnly(0x80042428 ...

Can I create a template for eBay with Publisher?
Sorry, this is my first time here and this is where Microsoft re-directed. Hopefully I'm in the right place to get my answer. I'm trying to find out if I can create a Template for selling on eBay or whether there are any existing templates for eBay here. Thanks in advance http://www.alouwebdesign.ca/free-ebay-templates.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ChiTownBob" <ChiTownBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0455D78B-57C0-4E8B-BC7E-53FA2431D307@microsoft.com... > Sorry...

creating a start and end date table
Hi All, Below is a SQL CTE that takes a start and end date and creates a table of bi-weekly start and dates within the date range. Are there any other ways to write this? More concise? (not saying that it isn't concise because I don't know) ;WITH cteTally AS ( SELECT ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY ID)-1 AS N FROM Master.sys.SysColumns ) SELECT DATEADD(dd,t.n*14,'20080307') AS end_date, DATEADD(dd, -14, DATEADD(dd,t.n*14,'20080307')) as start_date INTO #TEMP_DATE_RANGES FROM cteTally t WHERE DATEADD(dd,t.n*14,'20080307') <...

creating a wizard in access
I am preparing a form wizard.It has a mainform and many subforms. The purpose to guide the user to enter data in the mainform(which holds some of the fields of the maintable) and subforms(which holds data for the tables linked in one-to-many relation with the main table). the wizard will have two navigation buttons < BACK NEXT > i don't know whether to keep these buttons on the mainform or the subform. I choose to keep them in all the subforms and anyhow the sybforms move in a specific order, I want towrite on each subform's navigation button's click ...

Missing Junk Mail Folder
I had a power cut recently and ever since I do not have a junk mail folder. I have run the inbox repair tool on all my pst's and my ost. I have tried the "outlook.exe /resetfolders" trick All not no avail Running outlook 2003 Sp3 Can anyone assist ? Have you also tried running Detect and Repair from the Help menu? Make sure you have your Office CD handy. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Billy" wrote: > I had a power cu...

Public folder message copies to another user
Is there a way from exchange 2003 to allow mails that come to a public folder to be forwarded or a copy of it sent to anotehr user. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Hi Smith, If you mail enable your public folder, you will get the normal Exchange email tabs, then in Exchange System go to the Exchange General tab | Delivery Options | Forwarding Address | Forward To, and type the contact or email account to deliver to. Note this will only work for messages sent to this public folder via its email address. For messages created in the Public Folders directly this method will not wor...

Creating Mailboxes in Exch 2003 using csvde tool
Dear All, I need csvde script for creating mailboxes in exchange 2003, does anyone have complete script for creating mailbox, pls. help. Google search for csvde create mailboxes - first hit is the following. http://computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/Logon_CSVDE_mailbox.htm If you follow the links on the left, it also walks you through importing with csvde. You can also do a csvde export of a current user with a mailbox (if available) and use that as your template for the import file (with the guidelines from above). -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Sri" <Sri@disc...

sync issues folder
hi, i am traing to remove from my outlook 2003 the sync issues folder. (i know it is on the server) how can i do that ? i used one time the cash mode but not any more. thankes hlitvak! Try OWA. If that doesn't work, you could try an Exchange 4.0 or 5.0 client, if you can find a copy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "hlitvak" <hlitvak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170B2EEB-6F6C-4469-9680-3142E0B1F6C3@microsoft.com... > hi, i am traing to remove from my outlook 2003 the sync issues folder. ...

Event logging: how to create a message dll
hi! just as topic. thanks, philipp Use the .mc compiler. Take the resulting .rc file and hand-edit the resource includes in the DLL's resource file to include it. Note that message tables do not need to go into DLLs; they can go into .exe files as well, depending on what you are trying to accomplish (e.g., for internationalization, it is often better to use a separate language-specific DLL, but not always). joe On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:18:13 +0200, "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote: >hi! > >just as topic. > >thanks, philipp > Josep...

creating mailing labels
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am not very computer literate. I have been advised to install Office for Mac 2008 (Home & Student edition) on my iMac computer to enable me to create Avery mailing labels using data from a spreadsheet, which I can't presently do. Before I install it, will I easily be able to do this? Also, will I easily be able to transfer my spreadsheet to Word? Hi, > I am not very computer literate. I have been advised to install Office for Mac > 2008 (Home & Student edition) on my iMac computer to enable me to c...

Can't Remove IMAP Account Folders
First off, I have Outlook XP on Windows XP, each with all the latest updates. I had some IMAP accounts, but I removed them (via Tools > E-mail Accounts). However, their corresponding folders are still in my Folder List (alongside Personal Folders). When I right-click them and try to Close these folders, I get: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Similar errors appear when I attempt other actions on these folders (viewing Folder Size in Properties, etc.). Also when I go to File > Data File Management, they aren't listed. All I want to do is get ri...

Sent mail not showing up in Sent folder
Any idea why mail would not be showing up in my sent folder after I have sent them. I have checked with the individuals that I sent the email to and they have received them just fine. It is not happening to every email either. Any ideas why this might be taking place and where the sent emails are going? I do have the option checked to save a copy of the email in the sent items folder. I am using Outlook 2000. Thanks for any help. You have to check where your delivery is setup FROM. Go to Tools-Services-Delivery and see where your emails are sent from....that will tell you what sent ...