progrmatically accessing contacts

does anyone know how to read the properties of a contact (ie. FirstName)
when that contact is an attatchment to an email?

Default Account and Contact View
By default the system wants to display Accounts or Contacts as "My Active Accounts" or "My Active Contacts" How do you change the default to display *all* contacts/accounts? I went into Customization / Account / Forms and Views but can't seem to find where you'd change the default view for either Accounts or Contacts. Also, is it possible to change the view on a per Security Group basis, so that, say, an admin/manager's view would default to all contacts/accounts, but an end user would only see *their* contacts/accounts by default? Thanks - Daniel D...

Contacts not synchronizing
An appeal to Peter.R, ...winston and anyone else who knows anything at all about the mechanics of contacts: Could you be bothered to have a look at this thread http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?threadid=bf8fb16c-f55d-45ee-b4f8-03f27b3f9a47 and come up with ideas, because I'm about out of them. There's probably something glaringly obvious that I'm missing. We'll all have to get used to meeting over there, I suppose, however unpleasant that prospect might be for many of us... -- Noel Suggest the following(assuming the current version of WLM is installed)...

folder access by mail-enabled user
We have a mail-enabled user, one with a credential but an off-site mailbox at their home site. How can this user gain access to the Exchange mailbox Inbox folder of a local user? They can be given permissions, but OWA (2007) does not allow drill down to the user... HankC The user will have to log into that mailbox separately. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "HankC" <clarkc@missouri.edu> wrote in message news:d739ad46-fa2e-43dc-a4b1-04006badddd9@d21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... >...

Contact list question
I now have my contacts listed online with a Windows Live ID. But, I notice the display in WLM is different ... depending on if I am logged into Windows Live ID or not. When I am not logged in, I see all my Groups (or Categories) but when I am logged in, I see none. The total contacts is the same. Is there any way to duplicate the Group/Categories when online? Tom You are looking at two independent contact lists. Any changes made while logged in will not be reflected when not logged in and vice versa. You would have to manually recreate the groups while logged in. ...

accessing remote print queue #3
Hi, I've to get the queue details from the remote printers in the network.How can I identify those automatically and get the details of those using vc++? I know how to do this for the local printer n its not working if I give "\\\\servername\\printer name". I tried EnumPrinters() also but its working for PRINTER_ENUM_NETWORK n _REMOTE with PRINTER_INFO_1 structure only n this structure is not giving the printer name for NT systems. So,pls help me as the submission date for my module is nearing by. Pls reply me asap. Thank you verymuch in advance. Regards, Rayudu. ...

Mail Merge and Access format of telephone number
I use mail merge for a directory using Access for my data. The telephone numbers that are formatted in Access (555) 642-5555 aren't retained but come in to merge as 555642555 so I have to go to each one and put in the (xxx) 666-666. Is there anything I can do to retain the Access format of the tele numbers??? -- Terry50 See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "terry50" <terry50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12784D...

Microsoft Access License 2007 Problem License Require ActiveX Control
I was running Access 2007 just fine and today I start it up and it has: You don't have the license required to use this ActiveX Control You tried to open a form containing an OLE object or an ActiveX control or you tried to create and ActiveX control. To obtain the appropriate license, contact the company that provides the license OLE object or ActiveX control. But it never tells me what control it is talking about and not matter how many times I click ok it just comes right back and I cannot use Access. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Try reregistering DAO360.dll http://support.m...

Access chart
I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. For example: In this pie shows the model number of the equipment, but it doesn't show me how many of them I purchased and that's what I need to show in addition to the model number. thanks It isn't clear what the pie chart is charting. You can set the labels to display a number of options. Did you "play" with this property? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "naja" wrote: > I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. > > For exam...

Accessing products off-line
Hi, Facing the following issue. Company sells products. Every country has its own products, so country specific products exist. Loading them all into MS CRM is an option. However, since ' real' sales objects such as quotes, orders and or invoices are not used, there is no real need to put them in. On a new entity, however, a link to a ' product' is needed, so we used an itermediate entity to lookup a product and thus create (fake) a many to many relationship. There are to many clicks needed to fulfill this task as sometimes many products need to be linked to this new entit...

Prevent access to Old Project Server
Using MSProject2003 (I know) I recently updated to a new server, communication to users about new server URL for access and login information has been delivered. Problem is that some users don't read their email and are still accessing and updating their projects on the old server. Is there any way to prevent users (not admin) from accessing the old server without removing (MSProjectServerUser and MSProjectUser) logins? Or, possibly add a warning message when access to old server is initiated? Reuter -- Remove all of the users from all of the security Groups in PWA...

unable to access exported address book
I have Windows XP. My address book has been emptied of all emails and I can't access the file containing all of my address book contacts. Please help!!!!! I have two identities in Outlook Express that each have different contacts in the address book. I wanted to export my address book from one identity to the other. I clicked File>Export>Choose program to export to...I chose Text file (Comma Separated Value)>Save exported file as .csv type. I saved it. I switched identities. Went to File>import>other address book>When I got to this part there was a pr...

How to share contacts and subfolders
We use Outlook 2003, on SBS2000, and are dissapointed that we cannot use Business contacts manager functions with exchange. However we have a small sales team who have their own territories as contacts, with each user separating their contacts into subfolders by State, for convenience. When one salesman is out, another may need access to his contacts. I have changed permissions, which allows auser to open anothers access subfolders. I have tried making distribution lists of the state by state contacts, and those lists are saved in the Contacts folder. These can be accessed, and their individua...

Converting Access 97 Databases to Access 2003 with read only macros
Hi, I'm trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2003 how ever I get an error message that Access 2003 can not convert the database due to security reasons (some of the macros are set to read only) and quits. When I look in the database in Access 97 some of the macros have a user of 'Unknown' rather than 'Admin'. I can't change the user 'Unknown' to 'Admin' and the set the macro permissions to full as user 'Admin' doesn't have the security permissions for this, which means Access 2003 can't convert the database because it can&#...

Remote desktop connection via Access database
Hi, Kindly adviced if it's possibilities for Connect the other PC's desktop via Access database. Please give download link regarding it or pls adviced how to do this. awaiting for you warmest reply... Regards, Nagarajan.K Using terminal services or a Terminal Server like Citrix or Microsoft you should have no problem provided that you follow basic rules. Split your database, and have a folder with the front-end for each user. DO NOT share a front-end or an unsplit database or you will eventually experience corruption and data loss. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP ...

access 2007 what is the maximum number of printed pages allowed
"Robin C." <RobinC@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje de noticias news:91A02207-D49C-44FC-B90D-305C2881C714@microsoft.com... > "Robin C." <RobinC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91A02207-D49C-44FC-B90D-305C2881C714@microsoft.com... > ...

WLM, Windows Live Contacts, and Multiple Accounts
I have 2 Hotmail accounts configuring in WLM Desktop. When I select Go==>Contacts, the Windows Live Contacts dialog is shown, but only for _one_ of my email accounts. I can't figure out how to show the contacts related to the other account. Does anyone know how? Thanks, P. Upper right corner where your live acct ID is shown.. "sign in with a different ID". Choose other ID. "Oceanclub" <Oceanclub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95D4DAD4-3307-4FA7-8BE6-A73C4DE198D4@microsoft.com... > I have 2 Hotmail accounts configuring ...

Word Merge access hyperlink fields.
This is for Albert Kallal or anyone familiar with his Easy Word Merge file. I am a new user to access and have created my first database. I have downloaded and am using Albert Kallal's single word merge. I am having a problem now with hyperlink merge fields as they are displayed as an address and not a hyperlink . I would also like to know how I can merge more than 1 record to a single word document. I have based my form on a query with multiple tables, but when the form is merged only the first record in the query is displayed! Many Thanks. -- Lyndy ...

Access 2003 does not display pivot table view
When I am viewing a query in Access 2003 and I try to change the view to Pivot Table the system just hangs, I do not get any error message. I have tried opening the mdb file on another computer and was able to switch to Pivot table view fine, so I do not think my file is corrupt. Any ideas? Thank you I get the same problem in Access 2007 "seamonik@gmail.com" wrote: > When I am viewing a query in Access 2003 and I try to change the view > to Pivot Table the system just hangs, I do not get any error message. > I have tried opening the mdb file on another computer and was a...

Address Book and Contacts
I have suggest names for TO: and I have a User Jeff in my contacts. I type Jeff and there is only one jeff and when I hit enter his email address jeff@wrong.com shows but I can not find this address in were in Address Book or Contacts folder???? Autocomplete does not use your Address book. It uses a cache created from messages you have sent previously. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Darrell Gullett" <dgullett@gtl.net> wrote in message news:0bdf01c34bae$fdfdb080$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I have suggest names for TO: and I have a User Jeff in my > contacts. I type Jeff...

Is it possible to add further contacts to the quick campaign after
Hy, Why is it not possible to add more contacts to the quick campaign after it started. Do I make something wrong? Antonio Yes. 1. Go under: WorkPlace->My Work-> Activities 2. Create a new activity that matches the one from your Quick Campaign, Lets Say Phone Call. 3. Enter the same subject in your new phone call as the ones used in the Quick Campaign, as well as another other data that should match the existing Phone calls. 4. the Recipient should be the contact you wanted to add. 5. On the Regarding field, launch the lookup, change "look for" to "Quick Campaign&q...

How Do I Chart This in Microsoft Access?
Hello, I have the following simple data: Company Monthly Sales Percentage OF Total Sales ------------- -------------------- ---------------------------------------- Bakery $50,000 0.50 Carpenter $25,000 0.25 Plumber $25,000 0.25 I would like to create some sort of a graph or chart in Microsoft Access that will show all three fields. When I try to create a pie chart or column chart it just gives me either the "company and t...

Q: Access, stop trying to be smart!
Hi all, Using forms on Access 2003. If I have a textbox control bound to a date field, and if I put in 12/6, it automatically changes it to 12/6/2007 (current year). However, if I put 2/29, instead of saying it's an invalid date, it assumes I mean m/yy and changes it to 2/1/2029. Any way to dumb it down so that it always requires a m/d/yy format to be entered and returns an error if the date entered is invalid? I don't even want Access to assume the year because we're dealing with 2005-2008 dates and I think it opens up for more errors if Access assumes current year. Tha...

Access to other users mailbox
Hope somebody can help We have recently upgraded server & exchange from 2000 to 2003 versions, are using outlook xp clients. We have one generic mailbox that several users have rights to so the contents can be checked, discarded, acted apon etc. We used to be able to forward an email from this maibox to another user, however since the upgrade we get a 'You do not have permission to send to this recipient' when we try this. No rights were altered during the upgrade, so I have no idea why this happens. Any Ideas ? TIA Frank H Found it >-----Original Message----- >H...

money 2005
I originally had money 2004 and had no problems getting my credit scores updates automatically. Ever since I upgraded to 2005, I get the following error: This error happens instantaneously. "Money is unable to access Experian at this time, possibly becuase of server problems. Please try again later" I can contact experian directly without any problems. It's a bug. This seems to effect those upgrading from Money 2004 to Money 2005. The only workaround is to manually visit the experian website and log in. If you are trying to sign up for the free service with Experia...

Delegat Control
Running Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 standard edition. Can anyone tell me how I go about allowing someone else on staff to be able to edit contact information (formerly recipients in Exchange 5.5) on our distribution lists? I right-clicked the contacts folder in the recipients container in Exchange then delegate control and selected the user. But when she opens the address book in Outlook she can only view the information and can't add/delete or make changes to the contacts. I assume I need to tweak permissions. But where? Appreciate any info. Thanks. Zach Hi Zach, Unfortunatly u...