Programming buttons in OL2003?

Hi All,

I'd like to add a couple of buttons to the toolbar in Outlook 2003 to
perform a couple of specific actions.

1. I'd like a button that starts a send / receive check for a specific
"send / receive group".

2. I'd like a button that opens a new email to a predefined email
address. In other words, I send a lot of email to, eg,
someone@somewhere.com. I'd like a button that opens the new email
window with it already addressed to someone@somewhere.com.

Can anyone help me achieve these two goals?

Many thanks in advance!
Much warmth,

Murray

Both goals are described here;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/customizetoolbar.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"M Wells" <planetthoughtful@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to add a couple of buttons to the toolbar in Outlook 2003 to
> perform a couple of specific actions.
>
> 1. I'd like a button that starts a send / receive check for a specific
> "send / receive group".
>
> 2. I'd like a button that opens a new email to a predefined email
> address. In other words, I send a lot of email to, eg,
> someone@somewhere.com. I'd like a button that opens the new email
> window with it already addressed to someone@somewhere.com.
>
> Can anyone help me achieve these two goals?
>
> Many thanks in advance!
> Much warmth,
>
> Murray

0
Roady

missing action buttons
Hi, I have some Outlook installations here that seem to have no Action Buttons on Calender Events! So you send a calender event, but the User can�t answer with yes, no or whatever possible. Does anyone know where to get back these Buttons? Thanks a lot Lars ...

Entourage 2008
I just upgraded to Entourage 2008 and am missing my "resend" button for emails - is there any way to get a "resend" button to appear in the toolbar with the Forward, Reply, etc. like it used to in Entourage 2004? Mike On 2010-01-13 07:01:58 -0500, Michael Levin said: > I just upgraded to Entourage 2008 and am missing my "resend" button for > emails - is there any way to get a "resend" button to appear in the toolbar > with the Forward, Reply, etc. like it used to in Entourage 2004? There is unfortunately no button, and by defaul...

no send button
My "Send" button has disappeared! I'm using Publisher>send this page as message. When the screen pops up with the To: Cc: Bcc: - and I add the Address, Subject etc. there is no "Send" button or option - either on the screen or under send message as an email in the File Menu - it disappeared! Have MS Outlook properly installed as my primary email. ...

Excel Headers & Footer Editing Program
Does anyone know of a program where I could open an excel file and ad alternating headers and footers? Excel really sucks when it comes t this, and inserting the headers and footers manually is a nightmare. tried pagemaker but didn't have much success. Any help i appreciated. Thanks, Chri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How can I set up a program 8 by 11 folding the sheet in quarters
I am trying to print a church progam with one sheet of paper making four pages by folding the sheet in quarters. I have not figured out how to set this up with pubisher. -- Imanuker Imanuker wrote: > I am trying to print a church progam with one sheet of > paper making four pages by folding the sheet in quarters. > I have not figured out how to set this up with pubisher. ================================ This may be what you are seeking. Go to...Blank Publications / Side Fold Card or Top Fold Card. -- ******John Inzer******** **MS Picture It! MVP** *****Digital Image****** H...

close button does not close
Acutally the close button, the big X on the upper right side, does close Excel, I just need to click it twice. While this really isn't a problem, It is annoying. Is there anything I can do to fix this. Thanks It turned out that Groupwise was conflicting with it. I followed the directions in this article and it fixed the problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 "goplayoutside" wrote: > Acutally the close button, the big X on the upper right side, does close > Excel, I just need to click it twice. While this really isn't a ...

undo sorts button
I have a form with a subform that is displayed in datasheet view. When I right click to sort on a column I get A-Z and Z-A options but there is no clear all sorts option so I would like to add a button to clear all sorts. The button is in the detail section beside the subform. The subform name is called [subEditParts]. Can someone help with this, Thanks Wally On Tue, 11 May 2010 07:00:01 -0700, wallymeister <wallymeister@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Me.subEditParts.Form.OrderBy = "" Me.subEditParts.Form.OrderByOn = False -Tom. Microsoft Ac...

We can drag and drop between 2 buttons
Hi all we can drag and drop between 2 butons. My requirement is when user drag from a button, we will restore some info in some place, then user drop to another button. And we can get that restored info to process. It can ? Please help me. Thanks very much. Whats the problem if you are able to drag and drop? All you need to do is handle OnDrop, as you appear to be doing and do the specific work there. Perhaps I am missing something. --- Ajay "James Duy Trinh" <vietdoor@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ehzA7QgPIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > ...

OWA 2003 Logoff Button Results in Login Prompt
We are are running Exchange 2003 SP1, and have a separate front-end server. When we click the 'Logoff' button in the upper right-hand corner of the OWA screen, we are immediately prompted to authenticate again. Can anyone tell me what might be causing this issue? On the OWA front-end, we have Basic authentication enabled (so users dont have to enter a domain\ at logon), and forms authentication is not enabled. We do not have SSL enabled as of yet (we in the pilot phase right now), but will for security reasons later this week. Thanks, Pet On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:29:52 -0700,...

Help creating a recital program book/several pages w/pictures and
I am creating a recital program book. It will be a 8 1/2 x 11 book with pictures, text and advertising and it will be in color. Over the years others who have created this book have just simply used the "publications for print" and other sources and the book hasn't been all that great (only the pub for print pages were good). Since I will be working on it, I want it to be great! I was assuming when I began this project that there was something already set up to help me create a multi-page book, but I am not finding it. I need something that I can create simil...

Limiting a Button to a single workbook
I have created a macro in a workbook and assigned it to a custom button that appears on my Macros toolbar. This works great for what I want to do but I only need the macro/button to show up in this one workbook. Now, whenever I create a new workbook, the custom button shows. Is there any way I can limit it to just the workbook I specify? Thanks! When you save your macro there is a box to tell it to save in your personal workbook or save it in this workbook only. Select this workbook only and then delete it out of your personal workbook >-----Original Message----- >I have cr...

How do you turn the Paste Options Button off on Mac Operating systems.?
Version: 2008 I have worked with PCs for a long time and know how to turn the Paste Options Button off, but do not know how to do it on my Mac computer. <br> Thanks for your help! Hello, On 2009.12.16 9:11, in article 59baf1f3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "clannom@officeformac.com" <clannom@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have worked with PCs for a long time and know how to turn the Paste Options > Button off, but do not know how to do it on my Mac computer. Go to the Word - Preferences command (this is the equivalent of the Windows version's "...

Error When Sending Email from another program???
I am having trouble when I am sending email from Outlook 2000 using another program. I get an error of there is another program trying to send email on your behalf would you like to continue if you keep pressing yes it will send all the emails, but I don't want to push yes no 200 times if I am sending a bulk mailing via this other program how can I take this setting off? Please respond as soon as possible. Thank you, Jason Suchon See the following links... http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm "Jason Suchon" &l...

Button Level Security
Hi I am trying to implement something similar to field level security. I would like to hide the Convert Lead button for certain users in our organization. I have written the following script which is not working correctly. My script is: if ( currentUserHasRole("Account Manager")) { document.getelementById("_MBconvertLead").style.display = 'none'; } I keep getting an 'Object expected' error when opening a Lead. I would really appreciate any suggestions. Many Thanks Mark Hello Mark, Looks like a null reference, what does the currentUserHasRole() fun...

Displaying the text for the 'Save as Complete' button
Hello, Is there a way to display this button text on the toolbar like the SAVE and Close button when logging completed activities? Can this be done in the isv.config file? Thanks, Maria First, open the URL of the activity in IE, such as: http://yourcrmurl/activities/phone/edit.aspx Go to View, Source. Find the button you're looking for within the <SPAN> tags. On my CRM page, I used: <SPAN tabindex="0" class="menu" style="padding:3px 3px 0px 3px" pl="3" pr="3" title="Save as Completed" action="SaveAsCompleted()...

Excel 2007 hyperlinks open with wrong program
I use Excel 2007 and have item numbers hyperlinked to product photos (.jpg's are located in My Documents). For years I have had them open with Vueprint and now all of a sudden they are opening with Internet Explorer. The file association is still Vueprint. How can I change this so they open with Vueprint again? Thanks, Russ ...

Help with: A program is trying to access address book
I still can't get this dialog box to stop popping up. Currently Running Incredimail Outlook add-on and Mailfrontier v4.x. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- **:::::>>:��:*�`����`*:��:<<:::::** .��~ �L�AzZ� W�A��L ~��. **:::::>>:��:*�`����`*:��:<<:::::** {��} WrOnG NuMbEr RoCoCcO, yOu .��~ �L�AzZ� W�A��L ~��. ..��~ �L�AzZ� W�A��L ~��. <nospam@here.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b02c40957db440f9896b4@news.newsgroups.ws>... > I still can't get this dialog box to stop popping up. > Currently Running Incredimail Outlook add-on an...

Outside programs accessing wrong Outlook account when sending
A program designed by one of our technicians attempts to send out an emergency email to multiple email addresses, using Microsoft Outlook 2002. However, the mail message attempts to send thru our Exchange server, instead of the SMTP it is supposed to be using. The Exchange is not set up to send mail out of our university for security reasons, yet Outlook will not allow me to redirect those mails thru our SMTP server. The SMTP is set up as the default on every user's machine here, but these emails skip right past it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Is the Outlook pr...

How do I change the action of button in Access 2007 contact list?
I need to change the email address manually when I click the "send email" button to create new email directly from Contact List of Access 2007 as the default email address is including the receiver name (name + emal address was recognized as wrong email address by Windows Live Mail). How to change the default setting of Access 2007? -- THANKS & BEST REGARDS, Nguyen Tung Director of Sales and Marketing --------------------------------------- THIENTHAONGUYEN TRANSPORTATION CO., No181 Dai Tu Str,Hoang Mai Dist,Hanoi,Vietnam Tel :(84.4) 36410 577 - 107 /...

removing anti virus program from Outlook
I changed from McAfee to Norton, however when starting Outlook the Outlook programs keeps asking for the McAfee dll as it cannot find it. It is very annoying. I deleted all McAfee related files and still. How can I change this? It also happens if I uninstall Norton and reinstall McAfee, Outlook will ask for the Norton file. Michael <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I changed from McAfee to Norton, however when starting > Outlook the Outlook programs keeps asking for the McAfee > dll as it cannot find it. It is very annoying. I deleted > all McAfee related ...

Back Button
Just one more thing that seems to be missing from Money 05. When I press the back button to go back to the previous page, say my checking account in the account register, now it just says "Account Register". In my previous version (2003), it would say the name of the account. So now, the back and forward button functionality is just about useless. Is there a setting I have not set so that I can see the details of where I've been previously? ...

CToolBarCtrl InsertButton
Hello, We are experiencing a problem with dynamically adding buttons to toolbars -- that is, inserting buttons after the toolbar has already been created and displayed. When the toolbar is docked horizontally, all is well. However if the toolbar is docked vertically, inserting a button in the middle makes the toolbar control bigger, puts the new button in, however, the other buttons don't shift down. Therefore, the button that was located at the insertion position is not visible. If the toolbar is floating and it has been resized to multiple rows, inserting and deleting buttons can result ...

adding to Add/Remove Programs
How do I add my software to the list of items in the Add/Remove Programs section of the Control Panel? Thank you. Hello, Take a look at this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall -- Elias <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:248cb1cb87443eef7912303218af9081@news.scbiz.com... > How do I add my software to the list of items in the > Add/Remove Programs section of the Control Panel? > > Thank you. Well, you should have a key with your application's name in the Windows registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mi...

Runtime library error in statically linked program
Hi, I have a statically linked program compiled with MSVC5. Out of the blue I have a report from a user of the error: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\WINDOWS\Brewster.scr abnormal program termination ...when she runs it on her new laptop. I don't use any OCXs etc. and the screensaver apparently crashes when it should be showing at most ordinary MFC controls and windows. Any ideas what would cause this? Any ideas ...

expand/collapse row button
can I place a button any where in the worksheet to collapse/expand rows? I would like to place a button +/- on column D to expand/collapse row 2 to 5 (instead of using the grouping tool where you find the button at the left most corner). Thank you for any assistance. A B C D row 1 row 2 row 3 row 4 row 5 -- caii Excel 2003 No need for a button You could put the following code in the Worksheet_Selection Change event. It will hide rows 2 to 5 whenever a cell in column D is selected. Similarly it will unhide the rows if column E is selected If yo...