problems with windows live mail

when windows live mail starts to download from my gmail pop account I
always a box pop up saying

"Internet Security Warning" dialog box
"The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that
could not be verified.

"The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value."

"Do you want to continue using this server?"

I click yes and it works, connects and downloads messages.  Until the
email client is close and restarted that is.  Then once again on the
first access the security certificate message is displayed.

How do I get this to work without displaying this security certificate
message?

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, 2003 & 2007
from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) & Windows
Live Mail support try posting in one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE
microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop for Windows Live Mail

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

Another good source of info can be found here:
http://www.insideoe.com/

<mdhughes1974@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> when windows live mail starts to download from my gmail pop account I
> always a box pop up saying
>
> "Internet Security Warning" dialog box
> "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that
> could not be verified.
>
> "The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value."
>
> "Do you want to continue using this server?"
>
> I click yes and it works, connects and downloads messages.  Until the
> email client is close and restarted that is.  Then once again on the
> first access the security certificate message is displayed.
>
> How do I get this to work without displaying this security certificate
> message?

0
vince8328 (2733)
8/14/2008 8:55:26 AM
I have had the same problem that you reported earlier this month.  Did you
find a resolution to this?

"mdhughes1974@googlemail.com" wrote:

> when windows live mail starts to download from my gmail pop account I
> always a box pop up saying
>
> "Internet Security Warning" dialog box
> "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that
> could not be verified.
>
> "The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value."
>
> "Do you want to continue using this server?"
>
> I click yes and it works, connects and downloads messages.  Until the
> email client is close and restarted that is.  Then once again on the
> first access the security certificate message is displayed.
>
> How do I get this to work without displaying this security certificate
> message?

0
dave871 (680)

Problem with vba directory function
Hi We have an access application that has a button when clicked opens an excel worksheet showing all exported data based on code The access sql system is in Citrix with a single front end copy. Here is the code part that is throwing the error for just one user. Rest all are working fine Dim strSourceFileName As String Dim WorkBookName As String strSourceFileName = "c:\CarLogOutPut\CarLogExportTemplate.xls" WorkBookName = "c:\CarLogOutPut\CarLogExport.xls" If Dir(strSourceFileName) = "" Then MsgBox "CarLogExportTemplate.xls doe...

Connection Problem 03-20-08
Hello I'm new to access programming so I'm probably making some obvious mistake. The following code comes from 'Beginning Access 2003 VBA' by Denise Cosnell. On page 130 of the book you can read: 1. Create a new database by selecting File ?New ?Blank Database and specifying Ch5CodeExamples as the filename. 2. Create a new table in the database by selecting Tables from the Database Window and clicking the Design button. Alternatively, you can select the New button and then choose Design View from the list. The table should be named tblContacts and should have the fields i...

default appointment times problems
When i re-open outlook and go to the calender, all the appointments times have changed to 1am on the start day - 1am on the day after it waqs meant to finish. So a 12 day appointment is now shown as over 2 days. How do you change the default appointment time settings so an appointment which is just typed into the day is from 9am - 5pm for example and will stay as a 1 day event when opening and closing outlook? All day events are 12 -12, not 9-5. If you want it 9-5, you need to make it for 9-5. All day appointment change to 1 -1 if you change the time zone or DST settings aft...

Cannot open Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened
Please advise: This morning I wanted to copy my pst file to laptop -via home network. Outlook hickupped against that. I then made an archive file in same directory and copied that via via to laptop. NO SETTINGS WERE CHANGED. Then I closed doen computer normally. Now, returning home after work, starting Outlook, it gives the message: Unable to open Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened . Can anyone advise me please what I should be doing? thanks magsie Create a new mail profile - yours is now corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to k...

No room on partition for more Exchange 5.5 mail ! What to do?
No room on partition for more Exchange 5.5 mail ! What to=20 do?=B4Can't move mail boxes either... Move Storage group? Can you install or add another hard disk? Drives are cheap now a days. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "John B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1255501c44294$a3ce0f00$a101280a@phx.gbl... No room on partition for more Exchange 5.5 mail ! What to do?�Can't move mail boxes either... Move Storage group? then you need to get another, larger drive and move your database/s to it ...

can u convert a mac font to pc for me? (reply and i'll send it to ur e mail)
I doubt anyone will respond positively to your request. Fonts are usually copyrighted, and converting them would be a violation of that copyright. This is especially true if the font is a commercial font. Can you not find a Mac equivalent? I believe I've run across freeware converters for just this purpose. You might try versiontracker. I know I found something to convert some fonts I absolutely needed in a bind (but I have since forgotten). "serdar" <serdarsoy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:elqKvj0cFHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > In addition,...

Redirect all mail in outlook
Hi, I used to have Outlook as my email-client. Now I use a web-based-one. How to move|redirect all my old mail to my new webbased? Solution is redirecting the email, but there is no function for redirecting multiple emails at once in Outlook. Somebody capable to make a script foro this? I imagine a script doing something like this: --- for each email{ redirect to email@domain.com} --- oeas <odd.aamot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1167382209.428176.116930@79g2000cws.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I used to have Outlook as my email-client. > Now I use a web-based-one. > ...

Please help me solve my problem
Hi, I Have a cell say a1 that has a continuously changing number it in and I want to track the highest number that it prints, and the same for the lowest number in cell a2. I would like these results to show up in the cells below them Im very new to programming and your help would be much appreciated many thanks Sacha David On Mar 5, 1:01=A0pm, Sacha David <sach1...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, =A0I Have a cell say a1 that has a continuously changing number it > in and I want to track the highest number that it prints, =A0and the > same for the lowest number i...

How to disable OWA by default (Exchange/Windows 2003)
Hey there, we are in a situatie were it's important that only certain users get OWA. Unfortunately it's enabled by default. We could ofcourse make a template in which it is disabled, but you could never be sure that all administrators would use it to create users. So we need another way to disable it by default. Anyone know how to do this? Kind regards protocolSettings is the attribute you want. Its enabled by default. Disable OWA for an account and you'll see what you need to set the value to for new users. On Tue, 10 May 2005 14:33:16 +0200, Freaky <badtomention@innew...

Copy / Paste of Floorplan shapes in Visio Automation problems
Hi All I am working on a .Net (FW1.1) application that has a hosted Visio drawing control. Copy and paste from most existing Visio drawings to this hosted control works fine. The exception to this rule is Visio floorplans, where copying and pasting of most shapes is OK, but walls go totally screwed up (all over the screen, nothing like their original shape, etc). Our client needs to be able to copy and paste the floorplans into this container control without the walls breaking; they have a large investment already made i.t.o. existing floorplans. Page scaling and size is the same as the exi...

Problem moving mailbox between administrative groups
Hi there, We have a big problem. We need to move mailboxes from one adm group to other, and at ramdom we receive a MAPI Error Error moving messages CN=testuser,CN=users,dc=machine,dc=company,dc=com The MAPI call failed MAPI or an unspecified service provicer ID no: 80004005-0000-00000000 The Exchange 2000 organization is in native mode (All E2K) Any thoughts. Thanks in advance -- Gabriel N Argentina ...

Managing Popup Reminder Windows in OL2000
Hello everybody. I get a lot of popup reminder windows because I set a lot of follow-up flags on my email messages. Sometimes I have a whole stack of them cascaded on my screen. If I don't want to deal with them right away I minimize them. My question is: Is there any way (option, rule, VBA, whatever) to have these reminder windows appear automatically minimized? Thanks in advance for any help. DDM ...

Single Singn on to Exchange Mail Boxes
Hello, My site currently runs MS CRM 4.0, Active Directory and MS Exchange server for mail and calendar. We do have a rather strict password policies, where the users are to change their domain password every 60 days. In most cases, the users, 'forget' to also change the password in the CRM to access the Exchange their mail boxes, expecting single sign on as with most of the other miscrosoft software, which every 2 months causes lots of support issues (like workflows not completing, and mail router not being able to access their mail boxes). Is there a way to automate that the ...

dropdown list problem for newbie
i have a column(A) where each cell is a dropdownlist(same list). if person chooses an item from that list...can it return a correspondin value? example: my drop down list corresponding value animal 005 building 1174 vehicle 3345 so for a specific cell...lets say A1, i choose building from th dropdown. i want it to return a value of 1174 in cell A1. is this possible? if so please help? thx eri -- enag ----------------------------------------------------------------------- enags'...

Re-download Office Outlook Live
Hi, I have a current and valid subscription to Microsoft® Office Outlook® Live and the Office Outlook Connection so I can use my Windows Live Mail account with Outlook. I need to reinstall this software to a new laptop but I cannot find where to get this from. And believe me, I have looked. When I originaly subscribed I opted to download the software rather than have it posted to me at home, but even now I cannot see that option available either. Has anyone any suggestions please? did you log into your member account? http://membercenter.msn.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - ...

Showing intenet headers on recieved mail
How? I can see how to do it in OE but not Outlook.... "Paul Williams" <paulfoel@nospam_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cf82h3$2f6$1@titan.btinternet.com... > How? I can see how to do it in OE but not Outlook.... > > View-Options ...

previewing windows files in Outlook
Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open the folders in Outlook, there is no AutoPreview or preview pane feature. I would like to view these files in Outlook without having to open each file. I use Outlook 2000. Peter Henderson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows > documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to > various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open > the folders in...

Outlook 2007 Does not pull all POP mail emails
I have Outlook 2007 running on WinXP Professional. Outlook does not pull all my mail from my POP mail accounts and when my computer is off. Even if I leave the computer on it still has issues with my emails not ending up in my Outlook. I have Outlook set to pull emails ever two minutes. I have no filters running either. I have these large gaps where no email are downloaded at all. If I look on the Gmail website at my email I see several that have not been grabbed by Outlook. Any help would be appreciated Warren -- Warren Jorgenson. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com...

Import contacts from received E-Mail in OWA (Outlook Web Access 20
Hello, if one of our customers receives a E-Mail with Outlook 2003 contact in the appendix, the OWA customer can open the appendix without problems, but it is not possible to save the the new contact in his own contacts. The button "safe and close" is not available (button is grey). Windows/Exchange 2003 native enviroment (last servicepacks installed), Office 2003 SP2, Windows XP SP2 (IE6 SP2) Could it be an administrative task in our OWA config or could it be a security problem? We already have check the MS KB-Article (883575) for the IE6 security and popup-blocker problem. ...

Mail in Outbox can take several hours to go out
Using Outlook 2000 on WinXP Pro system. Outgoing mail sits in the Outbox for two or more hours before it goes out and appears in sent mail. Occasionally outgoing mail will not go out at all. This occurs with both new email or replies. Receive mail okay. Just a send problem. Anyone have an idea what is going on? wow... that is awesome... unfortunately, Outlook did not enterthe birthdays into the Calendar for the imported contacts, it only does it for each contact created in outlook... hehe... I will get it though; thank you very much for finding that for me, it will still...

Windows 7 & Office 2003 End User Agreement
I bought a new netbook with Windows7 & I loaded my Office 2003 onto it. When I open Word the "Accept End User Agreement" dialog box opens...I clicked "accept", but it does the same thing every time I open Word. I'm set as the system administrator. Run Word as Administrator and then accept the license agreement. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via msnews.microsoft.com) "Brentski L" <Brentski L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170683DF-26E2-4553-A1D7-5C012DBB88D5@microsoft.com... >I bought...

change the size of Font for reading incoming mail
hi, buddies. I'd like to change the Font with incoming email in my outlook2003. my operation is in the following. click options on the Tools menu, and then click Mail Setup tab, click Fonts. So I change the Font in this items:"When composing and reading plain text" but I can't find the font to take any change when I read incoming email. What my question is how I can change the Font size in the incoming email. thanks is the incoming mail plain text and the change isn't working or is the incoming mail html? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://ww...

IHTMLDocument::Write method problem
Hello EveyOne I am using IHTMLdocument and its method. My aim is to extract the body of a IHTMLDocument after loading the local html page ( saved file ) to IHTMDocument. So I just read the file into buffer , created a safe Array and used IHTMLDocument::write method to write the contents of a file to IHTMLDocument. It worked fine for many web pages, But when I tried it for web page http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=windowsmedia application became NOt Responding.When I debugged the application , I found that the IHTMLDocument::write method never returned and thats why my ap...

Selective Mail Download
In Outlook 2000, is it possible to do a selective mail download, so you will only download mail from the server that you select, and not everything in the maibox? ...

Ability to merge windows into tabs and move a tab into a new windo
I often find myself wishing that I could do two things with IE: 1) Take two IE windows, each with one or more tabs, and merge them together into a single window with the tabs from both. This would help reduce clutter in my taskbar. 2) Take a tab and convert it into an IE window of its own as often times I want to be able to see two web sites at the same time (side by side), which I can't seem to do if they are tabs in the same window. Either that or some sort of 2 page view where you can see two tabs side by side and can navigate each separately. Would like to se...