Problems with Using Word as Email Editor

We use Hummingbird DM 5.1.0.5 for our document and record
management.  When using this program, it has a problem
with Outlook using Word as an Email Editor.  When this is
turned on, it seems that Outlook opens a different
instance of Word.  When you try to open or create a word
document, you lose the ability to save or print.  These
features return to normal when you uncheck Word as an
Email Editor in Outlook.  I have heard that Microsoft was
taking this up with Hummingbird to have them fix it.  I am
just wondering if this was to be resolved, or if it is
Hummingbird's problem to solve.

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel button problem

Question -Problem