Problems with exchange and pop3 accounts.

Hi!

I have two accounts, a pop3 account for personal mail, and
I logon to my university's exchange server for email.
However, the mail from my exchange server keeps getting
deleted, and all mail goes to the personal folders inbox.

I just cant seem to get my pop3 mail to go to my personal
folders inbox, and my exchange server mail to just go to
my exchange inbox.

I tried changing the mail delivery location, and then what
happened was that all my pop3 mail started getting
uploaded to my exchange inbox.

How do I sort this out?
..

0
anonymous (74722)

you'll need to use rules to move the pop mail out of the exchange box or use
two different profiles.

"Vinny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have two accounts, a pop3 account for personal mail, and
> I logon to my university's exchange server for email.
> However, the mail from my exchange server keeps getting
> deleted, and all mail goes to the personal folders inbox.
>
> I just cant seem to get my pop3 mail to go to my personal
> folders inbox, and my exchange server mail to just go to
> my exchange inbox.
>
> I tried changing the mail delivery location, and then what
> happened was that all my pop3 mail started getting
> uploaded to my exchange inbox.
>
> How do I sort this out?
> .

0
dianenws (1904)

If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com > > "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message > news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >> Hello All - >> >> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >> there an easy way to do this? >> >> Thanks, >> Blake > > > > > ...

Exchange Active Sync #4
I have a user with a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Sprint advertises that this is supported by Exchange 2003 Server Active Sync. Microsoft has documented that Active Sync is included with Exchange 2003 at no additional cost. I have not been able to find documentation on how to install and configure Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Can anyone point me to Microsoft or Sprint/PalmOne documentation on how to setup Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Treo 650? I work with the American Red Cross, a non-profit organization. I appreciate your help and support. On ...

Comments problem
I've created a number of comments. When I position the comments where I want them, they only reflect their positions on "Show" or "Edit" comment. All the comments default to the same relationship to the cells when you pass over them. This is a problem because I've also used data vaildation (with lists) on these cells and you can't display the comment with the list pulled down at the same time because the comments are tool close to the validated cell. Thanks in adavance. The comment usually appears to the right of the cell, and should still allow you to see t...

VBA Help problem
I'm using Office 2003 SP3 on Win 2000 SP4. When I use VBA help, if thee are hyperlinks on the page I get a popup with the following error: "Runtime error has occurred" Line 16: Error: not implemented If I choose debug from this dialog box I am taken to a script and another error popup: "htmlfile: Not implemented" there is a yellow arrow at the line: "document.onclick = window.parent.closeList" Am I missing a reference somewhere in VBA or is this a more serious problem? The Windows 2000 install has been around a long time... I've ...

InPlace ugrade from Exchange 2000 to 2003 recovery question
Hi, Will shortly be doing an inplace upgrade from Exchange 2000 enterprise edition to Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. After we do all the steps ie. Forestprep/domainprep etc then do the actual upgrade if the upgrade fails how do we roll back. We use Brightstor Arcserve version 11 which is supported by Exchange 2000 and we backup doing the Full method not bricks level. I have documentation on how to restore Exchange using this but this just restores the database to my knowledge (never had to do it) with exchange 2000 so how do I roll back a failed upgrade. We have to do an inplace...

exchange 2003
I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they can not connect. Do I need to change settings at their locations? DNS?? WINNS??? It depends on type of client, but generally proper DNS setup is required. Also make sure that no firewalls interfere. laker18 wrote: > I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in > the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 > other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they > can not co...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error
When I try to install E2003 SP1 I get the error: EventType exchangesetuperror, P1 6_5_7226_0, P2 update, P3 microsoft exchange messaging and collaboration services, P4 install, P5 e0070101, P6 _null_, P7 1, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NI The log says it cannot find a file but I can't tell which file it's looking for. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks ...

Printing problem from Excel 2007

Excel Mail Merger Problem
When merging excel with word for..my currrency field is dropping off zeros to the right of decimal point..if field has $ 56.03, it imports correctly, but if it is $56.00, it comes in as $56, if it is $56.30, it comes in as $56.3...this process is for invoices..any advice (I've tried everything)? Debra Dalgleish has given the following reply in newsgroups http://google.com/groups?threadm=3EBB0685.5080002%40contextures.com and has also identified the following MS KB articles in such as : http://google.com/groups?threadm=3DFA8DA8.6000209%40contextures.com 304387 - WD: Date, Phone N...

code problem
Hi this is a follow on to a previous thread (Copy Macro) We are now successfully creating a new Workbook using the code below. With ActiveWorkbook FName = .Path & "\code.txt" .VBProject.VBComponents("Module2_sort").Export FName End With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(Array("Supplier Concerns")).Copy ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="c:\Week\testing" & strFileName & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Import FName Problem is when we open the new Workbook and run the macro the code defaults ba...

synchronising problem with Sony NWZ-S545
Up until recently i could sync tracks/albums etc to my sony S545 MP3. now when i try and drag tracks to the sync folder then click start sync the mp3 player just freezes, WMP states "processing" but nothing happens. Have searched the web for a solution but nothing. done sysem restore etc etc. I guess it must be a recent update but what one? Its a pain in the backside and hope someone can help "Wookywoo" wrote: > Up until recently i could sync tracks/albums etc to my sony S545 MP3. now > when i try and drag tracks to the sync folder then click s...

I am converting lotus123 files to excel2002. One problem is that in lotus, literals are ignored when found in a cell within a formula. Excel on the other hand is not doing this and therefore causing #value errors on all the formulas where this occurs. Is there a way to handle this in excel other than manually having to change all the formulas? ...

Problem hot synching Outlook 2002 with Palm Pilot
I recently had to reformat my c: drive and reinstall Windows XP and Office XP, including Outlook 2002. Since then, whenever I hot synch my Palm Pilot with Outlook, the hot synch is interrupted with a dialog saying "This action cannot be completed because the 'Inbox Microsoft Outlook' program is not responding. Choose 'Switch to" and connect the problem." When I press the 'Switch to" button, I get a second dialog, which says, "Microsoft Outlook - A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? ...

Not able to open imported accounts 4.0
We have a situation where we've updated a client from 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and have an import that brings in new Accounts. Unfortunately, we can open accounts that don't have a parent account but can't open the parent account itself. In essence, we have two accounts with another one the parent - we can open ones that show the parent, but again, we get an error - see yor administrator. Is there a rights issue or relational setup we're missing. ...

Clarification please on exchange 2003 with DPM Server 2010
I would like to protect an exchange 2003 setup remotely. In the event of a problem such as accidently deleted mail etc. the way to restore the database files would is to use a recovery storage group? Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server or can the databases be restored onto a disk taken out to the server and then loaded into the recovery storage group? I am not sure what you mean "Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server" but yes to restore the exchange databases you can restore the files ...

Exchange server recovery advice needed
Folks We have been hit by a relatively big disk crash and I have to rebuild our exchange 2003 (SP1) server Fortunately I have a fully working backup but I still need to "replay" some LOG files as we only do weekly "full" snapshot. So to cut a long story short I have recovered and restarted the server as it was one week ago and everything seems fine EXCEPT for the messages (and other items) created since last backup. I DO have the log file for those days... but how do I "replay" them ? What is my best course of action ? At the moment I plan to create a separat...

save as problem
I cant save my excel file The "save as" option is not eviable. Whats happening? "From a prior post by Ron DeBruin, You can reset your menubar to default. Right click menubar. Customize > Toolbars Tab. Select worksheet menubar. Click Reset button. Using VBA Application : CommandBars(""Worksheet menu bar"").Controls(""File"").Reset Or the whole menubar Application.CommandBars(1).Reset You lost the things you add to the menubar!!" ========================================================== And one link that offers some sugges...

Exchange ActiveSync
Hello All, I am having a problem with Exchange ActiveSync. It has been working for about 4 months now, and nothing has really changed. I was able to sync it to my IPaq via a VPN into the network with no problems. Well, today it started with an Internet Error_2 when trying to sync. I get a n event log error saying that there is a problem in the web.config file on line 72, which happens to be the lines that Microsoft has you add via KB#823265. I have searched and searched. Anyone have any ideas?? ...

Problem OL 2002 Email
I am having a problem with OL 2002 email settings. I have two computers which I am setting up. One computer works perfectly. The second computer I have configured exactly the same...incoming/outgoing servers and ports, etc... are all setup the same. On the second computer when I press test email settings, everything tests fine. But when I try to do a Send/Receive, I run into problems. First, the POP3 tries to connect to the POP3 server twice at the same time. (I am able to see this on my POP3 server console.) Second, the SMTP sending mail never connects to my SMTP server. (Ag...

Second E-Mail Account (Address)
I have set up a second e-mail account using the same POP3 and SMTP servers (provided by the ISP) as I used to set up the first e-mail account. The first e-mail address is working fine, but when I send an e-mail to the second address (from the default account), it does not appear in the Inbox. The e-mail does appear in the Sent Items folder with no errors. How do I access the second account to receive/send e-mails? Thank you for your solution(s). ...

Integration Manager
Using Integration manager i am able to insert fixed allocation accounts for general ledger. However, if i have to make changes to these accounts, say if i want to change percentages and then update the old percentages with the new ones, the updates fail when i use Integration Manager. Error Message displayed - xxxx-xx-xxxx distribution account already exist. Can anybody tell me why is the updates fail and how to overcome it? And please note that integration is set in "INSERT & UPDATE" mode. Doc, Integration Manager does not update transactions. That drop down option should ...

Sumproduct Problem (AB)
Hi everyone, can you please sort out this problem for me? SUMPRODUCT(('Client Opening Stock'!B2:B138=$A$1)*('Client Opening Stock'!C2:AH138=A7),'Client Opening Stock'!C2:X138) 'Client Opening Stock'!B2:B138 is the Client Name Client Opening Stock'!C2:AH138 is the Product 'Client Opening Stock'!C2:X138 is the Amount I belive the formula is not the proper formula, but this is the result I need. Thank you for your kind help You need to tell us what the problem is, and what solution you want. Why is it "not the proper formula...

Question Re: Migration of Exchange to New Server.
I'm in the process of replacing an aging Exchange server with a brand new server. Once complete the old server will be taken off line and recycled. I figure the easiest way to do this is bring the new server up as a second Exchange server within the domain and then move the mail boxes from the old server to the new server but I have a couple of questions. 1) How do I move the public folders? I'm assuming I can setup Replication between the two servers and that will migrate the public folder data. 2) What happens when the current server goes off line? Other then having to upd...