Problems with a Folder in Outlook 2000 SR-1

I just started having a problem with MS-Outlook.  One of my mail-folders
called 'to review' cannot open, every time I open it to see what items are
in it, it just makes a weird noise on my hard drive.  I did a right click on
the Outlook File name and checked the folder size, and it returned with an
error message.  All other folders (like 30 or so) return a valid folder
size.  After that I went and ran the Inbox Tool Repair Kit and that returned
an error message on that folder as well and told me to run scandisk.....well
boys and girls, I don't think Scandisk is on Win2K Pro.  Also, I've been
running Diskeeper on a regular basis to defrag......any ideas would be
greatly appreciated.

I am up to date on all Windows 2000 patches...

press the "y" key on the keyboard and then reboot. (be patient as a chkdsk
can take a while to run)

"jon" <jonrobertson@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> just tried that...however got a msg indicating that the
> type of file system is ntfs cannot lock current drive.
> Chdkdsk cannot run because the volume in in use by another
> process.  Would you like to reschedule this volume to be
> checked the next time the system restarts y/n
>
> thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

0
neo5748 (288)
8/6/2003 12:15:57 AM
Again, thanks for the info.....have done what you have
suggested multiple times.  Even went and bought Norton
System Works..chkdsk has run, doesn't find
anything...nothing seems to be working....i even backed up
my entire c:\data to another computer however I went to do
a restore just of my .pst file and it is still messed up
from the restore version.....any ideas on what I can do
now?  I don't think it's my entire hard drive....

thanks for your input.