Problems using Outlook 2003 with Word as E-mail Editor

I am posting this question to both Outlook and Word newsgroups as it
involves using both programs--composing e-mail messages in Outlook 2003 with
"use Word as e-mail editor" selected. (Word is also version 2003, as are all
my office products).

When one has that option selected, one can choose to have the "Web Tools"
toolbar in view. This toolbar adds some nice options (in an HTML-formatted
e-mail message) like adding a sound, scrolling marquee text, or a video.
(For instance, following is the URL on the Microsoft Office site about
adding video:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011184991033&CTT=4&Origin=CH063565631033

or

http://tinyurl.com/25cgs

(one surprising thing about adding a video--the file formats can be .avi,
..mpg, or .mov (QuickTime), but not Microsoft's own formats .wmv or .asf.
!!!)

Nice features added by that toolbar. Of course not for everyday e-mail, but
for a special one, greeting cards, etc.

However, I have found problems with both the scrolling text and video
options, when the e-mail is saved.

If I click on the add scrolling text icon, I put in the text, click Ok, and
see it scroll as it's supposed to. However, when I click "Save" or "Send",
close the message, and re-open it in "Drafts" (if saved) or "Outbox" (if
"Send" was clicked), the text is there, but it's not scrolling any more.
Somehow saving the message wrecked the scrolling code. So the recipient of
the e-mail would never see the text scrolling.

Similarly with adding video. I can click that icon, choose the file, and I
see the video in the body of the e-mail message. When I click on "Save" or
"Send" and look in the corresponding folder as above, I see a placeholder
video icon where the video should be, but no video. The mail recipient would
never see the video.

Is this a bug? If so, is Microsoft aware of it and working on fixing it?

Or--could there be something wrong with my setup, that causes this strange
behavior when the e-mail message is saved? If so, what could I do to
troubleshoot and fix it?

I thank anyone in advance for their help.

--------------

(in case anyone is curious, my newsgroup user name MS has nothing to do with
Microsoft. Just my initials.)

0
ms7108 (109)

Outlook 2002 " Relaying denied. Proper authentication required."
Ok I have just recently switched aver to a new domain for a web site. I went through the configuration stuff in outlook under the accounts and it connects to all the servers and sends the test message just fine. If i try to send anything to anybody but me it says undeliverable. This includes emails on the same domain. I get the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: [classified] Sent: 7/14/2004 11:44 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: '[email name @ aol]' on 7/14/2004 11:44 PM ...

Reroute SMTP mail temporarily
I have two Exchange 2000 Servers, each in it's own domain across a WAN connection. As a company we have on mail domain that all email goes to, along with one MX record. The MX record points to Server 1, which is where all of the Server 1 and Server 2 smtp email comes to. From here the Server 2 email, through a site connector over the WAN, is passed to Server 2. Which is then distributed to all the mailboxes within Server 2. Here is my question. I had a hardware malfunction on Server 2 to where it was down for three days with no access to email. Now, can the incoming smtp email comin...

Transfer Outlook e-mail structure To Another Computer
I am currently using Outlook Express and I would like to transfer all of my e-mail folders, etc from Outlook Express to another computer Using Outlook. The Outlook Express is on a computer that is using XP Pro sp3 OS and I would like to transfer it to another computer using Win 7 Pro OS but using Office 2003 and Outlook that comes with it. Can someone tell me which filenames (full pathname) to copy so I can configure the new computer so the Outlook will have all of the information I have now (including all folders, like send folders, directory address, etc). Thank You, Ga...

Problem with Outlook 2002...
I have been using Outlook 2002 as part of Office XP for some time now. Suddenly, I start getting the following error: Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.ca - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I am using Yahoo as a POP3 and SMTP gateway. Please note that this configuration has been working for almost a year and a half! I can ping Yahoo's servers no problem. I did some Googli...

Printing shows 'Ghost Words'....
I am trying to print a Booklet document, but when doing so, words come up all over the place that are not there on the orgional document. I can see that they are sentences or Headings that are thoughout the document, but have no idea how they appare on different pages, or are not able to be seen when working in Word. PLEASE HELP - need to submit this document tomorrow :-( Thanks, Hello Emily, first of all I advise you to design your document in "Print Layout" of the document. From the upper toolbar pick "View - Print layout" Second of all, try to u...

Symantec DLL and Outlook
After installing the new Symantec Anti-Virus Client 9.0 and rebooting, I now get the following meesage when first trying on open an email: The add-in "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help Menu. Unable to load "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll". You may be out of memory, out of system resources or missing a .dll file. I have ran the repair with not luck. I have plenty of resources. Any idea why this is happening and how I can correct it? You need to renam...

Move DC from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008
We currently have a small domain with a Win 2003 (NOT SBS) Server acting as Domain Controller. It handles DHCP, DNS and AD Services. We are about to install a Windows 2008 server into the domain and wish to migrate all the services to the new machine. Is there a step by step guide on how to do this anywhere? I have looked on Google and cannot find a simple step by step guide for the process. TIA -- ats@work The cracks between the paving stones Look like rivers of flowing veins. Strange people who know me Peeping from behind every window pane The Who - The Real Me Hello...

Outlook send/receive
Cannot send/receive, create new message, reply or forward messages in Outlook 2007. Cannot access email set-up under Tools/Option/Email options. I have done a repair of Office 2007 but it did not help. "Vision2k" <Vision2k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0DB6012-32A4-4312-83EB-E0B9CCEF0BBC@microsoft.com... > Cannot send/receive, create new message, reply or forward messages in > Outlook > 2007. Cannot access email set-up under Tools/Option/Email options. > > I have done a repair of Office 2007 but it did not help. This disc...

ALT problem
hi all, I have a grid control that may fill the selected cols with some math rule by the ALT + F5. The feature is ok in the VB test project but doesn't work in the VC propertysheet-like project. In VC project, ALT key is catched by the WM_SYSCOMMAND. Any tips will be appreciated. Alan This article might help you some. It talks about using accelerator keys in dialogs. Tom http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/pretransdialog01.asp "Alan Li" <activeperson@sina.com> wrote in message news:Ozu5pRLYDHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi all, > I have a grid control that ma...

faq CArray member function Add problem
Hi, Headcke! I define some classes as fellows: CMyPoint { .... CMyPoint(const long &xx, const long &yy); CMyPoint(const CMyPoint &cmpt); CMyPoint(const CPoint &cpt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CMyPoint &assmypt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CPoint &asspt); .... }; CSegment { .... CList<CMyPoint,CMyPoint> m_PointList; .... CSegment& operator = (const CSegment& asssignsegmet); .... }; But when I use them CArray<CSegment,CSegment> tmpmyarray; CSegment tmpsegment; tmpsegment.m_PointList.RemoveAll(); tmpsegment.m_nIndex=0; tmp...

Anyone using CRM addons to model relationships?
Wonder if anyone has used tools like C360's relationship chart addon? Any others i should know of or any comments on the c360 one? thanks -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx We have used Axonom's Powertrak product that provides similar functionality, and very satisfied customers as a result. I cannot comment on the c360 product, we have not used it The products may not ne directly comparable, as I suspect Powertrak product does more than c360, hence more expensive Peter Lynch Optevia Ltd "John...

How do I select records using a combo box (rather than the navigat
I have a simple table that stores addresses of people. It looks like this: ID Name Phone Number 1 Suzy 978-4658 2 Tom 876-1234 I want to use a form that allows a user to update the addresses of people. When I create a form using the wizard, I move between records using the navigator buttons. But I want to move between records using a combo box that lists all the names in the table. Why? Because if I had 100 names in the table I don't want the user to click through the navigator to find their record. I want them to ...

Outlook 2003 and PDA hold getting messages
I am running XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with latest SP's and have a ongoing problem I can not solve. My Dell Axim is connected, and Active Sync is set to stay up to date automatically, this part works. Outlook is set to access my POP account every 3 minutes. I am a SOHO so I need my mail. Well Outlook will not go get the message every 3 min UNLESS I remove the Dell from its docking station. It will check messages if I F9 outlook, or manually click the send/receive radio button.. I have tried different times and nothing seems to work.. Is there some setting somewhere I am missing? TIA ...

getting data from table using 2 values
from a standard spreadsheet, using a function(?) how can I return a value from a table using values for the headers and columns. For example, the table has ages across the top and events done the side. Simply I need to "lookup" both ages and events to return a value from the cross section of these values. Any assistance welcome!! Many thanks If the range is A1:G100, for example, and age is in H1 and event in H2: =INDEX(A1:G100,MATCH(H2,A1:A100,0),MATCH(H1,A1:G1,0)) HTH Bob Umlas Excel MVP "MS_user" <MSuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60189...

Error: "The operation failed due to a network or other communication problem"
Keep getting this error on Outlook 2000 when opening an email. "The operation failed due to a network or other communication problem" After hitting OK, the email seems to open correctly and looks correct. But it happens about 30% of the time. Already tried fixing it using KB 813742, but error came right back. Anyone have any idea's? ...

Access 2003: Loop Through Records
Hello, I need some assistance with the following code. Private Sub GradeAttempting() If Nz(Forms.Members.Ready, True) = True And Nz(Forms.Members.Active, True) = True Then With Forms.Members.GradeAttempting .SetFocus .ListIndex = .ListIndex + 1 End With End If End Sub This updates a combobox, "GradeAttempting" on a main form, "Members". This works but only for the Member page that I have the form open to. To update the rest of the records I have to manually navigate through all members pages and run the code for each page. ...

Signature appears in new mail opened from template
When I open a new mail from a form/template, my signature goes in AGAIN It wasn't doing this before I had to reinstall MS Office 2003. Can anyone help on turning off signatures appearing in new mail created from a template? Thank you -- Iridiu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Iridius's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=525 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187107687 See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/ol2003problems.htm#sp1 -- It was a = behavior change in SP1, with an associated registry value.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

Urgent: DPM2010 beta to RC upgrade problem
After an apparently succesful upgrade of DPM2010 beta to RC, we are unable to open the Management tab. We get a MMC stopped working This is what we did: Backup DPMDB with dpmbackup -db Copy DPMDB to another location Uninstall DPM2010 RC Reinstall DPM2010 RC Opening op DPM console without a problem (clean database) Restore DPMDB dpmsync -sync Opening op DPM console now complete fails (grey screen) Can you advise us what to do? Currently we are repeating above steps but we will rename the remaining directory of DPM before reinstallation. Another thing we would like to know...

Word top menu script icon lingering onscreen after quitting

excel invoise problem
Hi I am quite new to excel, and would like to use the invoice and the figures that are input, to go to a spreadsheet but I seem to be able to do it. Is it possible or am I on the wrong track and use a different program. Thanks in advance Sue Sue It's quite 'do-able' but depends on how complex you want to make it. It will almost certainly require some code but this could be simply recorded if necessary. You may wish to think about Access, which may be a better, more scaleable solution, but also needs a certain knowledge of that application to implement to. Post back ...

Outlook Set Regarding Feature
When using Outlook to email contacts, we would like to record that communication against each account or Contact in CRM. We use the Track in CRM button and then select the 'Set Regarding' feature, however this 'Set Regarding' feature only allows us to assoicate the email to a single account or contact. Is it possible to select multiple accounts or contacts, or does this kind of email need to be generated via CRM and not Outlook. Many thanks Steve Hi, You can set regarding to multiple entities in CRM 4. Regards, Donna "Steve Le Monnier" wrote: > When...

Double signatures in templates
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01C4_01C4AF79.7366B130 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have multiple PC's in use right now by my users all using the same = image. I installed Office 2003 with SP1 and now they have a extra = signature showing up at the top when they open a template. The user = would usually setup the template just like a new email. They would type = what they want, and then put their signature at the bottom, then save as = an Outlook Template. When they open the t...

Import from Excel to Windows live outlook
How to import contacts from an Excel Spreadsheet to Windows live Outlook No such animal as "Windows live Outlook". There is Microsoft Outlook, and you will find the option under File, Import and Export. And there is Windows Live Mail, and there you could probably look in Help or post your question to the Live Mail group. Either way, "Excel" isn't actually involved and isn't needed. Import from Excel wrote: > How to import contacts from an Excel Spreadsheet to Windows live Outlook If you mean Office Outlook............... See Ron's site ...

How can I copy Word data into a merged cell in Excel?
I am trying to copy some text from a Word document into an Excel spreadsheet. I get an error message about "data not same shape" then I get an error message "cannot copy data into merged cell." I'm on Office 2002. Unmerge the cell and paste it into the upper leftmost of the cells that were merged, then merge again although I would strongly advice NOT using merged cells, sooner or later (sooner) they are bound to cause problems, it is pretty easy to get similar layout with center across selection etc Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Suzan Wild" wrote: > I ...

Exchange 2007 Forwarded mail has a Resent-From: header added?
Hello, I asked this before but got no response. Exchange 2007 adds a Resent-From: header to messages that are forwarded based on active directory forwarding. In other words you create a contact with and external smtp addres and then have the an exchange user configured to use that contact as an alternate recipient. When the user receives a mail it is set to the alternate recipient. In Exchange 2003 this was operation was transparent other than an additional Received: header. In Exchange 2007 a Resent-From: header is added. Is there a way to supress this header? Thanks Bill The resent-...