Problems starting Outlook 2000 #2

I am having problems starting Outlook 2000.  At present I run it on two
computers but the main PC is the one I'm having problems with it and that's
where all my work is stored.

Outlook hangs when I start it and I've read through the group to find out
what I can do. I can't even find the file outcmd.dat on the main computer to
rename it so I'm presuming something is badly wrong as I found the file on
the other PC with no problems.  Any help would be appreciated.

0
sara1437 (2)

Try a repair of OL, iether from the OL menu or by using the installation
disk

"Sara Sunderland" <sara@glemsfordpc.co.uk> wrote in message
> I am having problems starting Outlook 2000.  At present I run it on two
> computers but the main PC is the one I'm having problems with it and
that's
> where all my work is stored.
>
> Outlook hangs when I start it and I've read through the group to find out
> what I can do. I can't even find the file outcmd.dat on the main computer
> rename it so I'm presuming something is badly wrong as I found the file on
> the other PC with no problems.  Any help would be appreciated.

0
dl1 (180)
6/6/2004 11:25:44 AM
Have done that and the problems's still there ::O(

"DL" <dl@spoofmail.com> wrote in message
> Try a repair of OL, iether from the OL menu or by using the installation
> disk
>
> "Sara Sunderland" <sara@glemsfordpc.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I am having problems starting Outlook 2000.  At present I run it on two
> > computers but the main PC is the one I'm having problems with it and
> that's
> > where all my work is stored.
> >
> > Outlook hangs when I start it and I've read through the group to find
out
> > what I can do. I can't even find the file outcmd.dat on the main
computer
> > rename it so I'm presuming something is badly wrong as I found the file
on
> > the other PC with no problems.  Any help would be appreciated.

0
sara1437 (2)
6/6/2004 11:54:57 AM
By default the outcmd.dat file is located in;
C:\Docs and Settings\'username'\App...Data\MS\Outlook\
This may be a hidden file, have you checked there?
Do you have any OL addins or Coms that load with OL?
What *exact problem* are you experiencing?
You may be able to start OL in safe mode, from the Start/Run option ie
outlook /safe this may help in recovery
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287135&Product=out

> Have done that and the problems's still there ::O(
>
> "DL" <dl@spoofmail.com> wrote in message
> > Try a repair of OL, iether from the OL menu or by using the installation
> > disk
> >
> > "Sara Sunderland" <sara@glemsfordpc.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > I am having problems starting Outlook 2000.  At present I run it on
two
> > > computers but the main PC is the one I'm having problems with it and
> > that's
> > > where all my work is stored.
> > >
> > > Outlook hangs when I start it and I've read through the group to find
> out
> > > what I can do. I can't even find the file outcmd.dat on the main
> computer
> > > rename it so I'm presuming something is badly wrong as I found the
file
> on
> > > the other PC with no problems.  Any help would be appreciated.

0
dl1 (180)
6/6/2004 3:56:58 PM
Sara Sunderland <sara@glemsfordpc.co.uk> wrote:

> Outlook hangs when I start it and I've read through the group to find
> out what I can do. I can't even find the file outcmd.dat on the main
> computer to rename it so I'm presuming something is badly wrong as I
> found the file on the other PC with no problems.

outcmd.dat is in a hidden folder.  You have to enable showing hidden files
and folders in order to find it.  It's usual location is C:\Documents and
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

formatting dates by year #2
I would like to know if there is a way to format dates so that they are formatted by year only. For example, if I click on Format -> Cells, there are a bunch of options, but none of them list to show the year only, just mm/dd/yy or mm/yy, etc. I am trying to create a chart so that only the year shows up. Also, I have tried doing Custom->and "yyyy" in type, but only 1 specific year shows up (i.e. 1905) for all the values. I would like to keep my values. Thanks much! ...

CRM address book in Outlook

More Columns #2

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Excel button problem

Linking files 2 ways