Problems receiving email through a network

I have 2 computers on a network, both running win xp pro.
I have just set the client pc up to send and receive
emails through outlook xp, but it won't work. I can
browse the internet fine on the client pc, and everything
else is working, I just can't log onto the pop & smtp
servers through it.

Reported error is: (0x80042108)

Any ideas would be very much appreciated  :)

Thanks
0
tim_bo (1)

Duplicate emails appear then disappear repeatedly
This is what happens: 1. Outlook goes to check for new emails on the Exchange Server. 2. A duplicate of all emails in the inbox appear on my computer 3. When the process if finished all the duplicates disappear and I am left with only 1 copy of all emails in my inbox This happens again and again every time my outlook checks for new emails. I need help to find out what is wrong and how to fix it. The first thing I would try is to: Close Outlook. Search the hard drive for all OST files (*.ost) (Be sure to search for hidden files if you need to) Delete them from the Find window Reope...

outlook 2002&office 2000
i have outlook 2002 and office 2000 i have been unable to choose word as my email editor because it tells me both outlook and office verisons must match. is there someway around this compatibility problems? (other than upgrading office to 2002?) any assistance or suggestions you can offer would be most appreciated. pamela Tools, options, mail format. N "pamela" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cae01c3d541$9c2a1520$a601280a@phx.gbl... > i have outlook 2002 and office 2000 > i have been unable to choose word as my email editor > beca...

Can't send emails out of Outlook 2003
I just purchased a new laptop and Office 2003. I can receive emails but can't send out. I called Tech24 earlier today- who temporarily fixed the problem (or just lucked out messing with settings) but it's not working again. The settings are correct (I called my ISP). Any suggestions are welcome. If you use the Test Account Settings, what error message(s) do you get? Please post the exact text. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account ...

.rc files problem
Hello, I face some problem with .rc files in my project. Whenever I attempt to change the .rc files through IDE then the file gets totally altered despite the change being very small. It inserts some version information along with some other stuff like word 'DISCARDABLE' ( at n number of places) in the file. I change it in Microsoft Developement Environment 2003, version 7.1.3088. When I try to build the project with this changed resource, I get the error below, "fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource . type: VERSION, name:1 , language: 0x0409 " "fatal error LNK1123: ...

Problems with MSG files
My organisation is currently running a mixed environment of Office 2000 and Office 2003. I have a user with Office 2000 who is trying to open msg files saved to a network share (i.e. in file system, not in Outlook) by a user with Office 2003. When she double clicks to open these files she gets the message 'Unable to Read Item'. We can get around this by right clicking on the msg file in the file system, choosing Send To Mail Recipient and then double clicking the msg attachment place in the new mail message. Can anyone let me know the cause of the problem and whether there is a solu...

Outlook 2003
I can't find a bug report place so here it is. After clicking Cancel All in the send receive details I watched another 100 emails download from one of my accounts. Does cancel not mean cancel anymore? ...

Receiving error Stop: c000021a
I am receiving this message seemingly at random on my laptop, the screen goes black and the screen randomly shuts down then when I turn the laptop back on it turns off. I checked previous threads but all of them are about windows XP whereas I am using Vista Basic. I tried using the last good settings when I booted the computer, tried a system restore from past windows updates, did ALL windows updates and still have the issue, did a scandisk in DOS but everything was fine, and tried a system repair, nothing is working. I do not have the vista reinstall disc. Here's the ...

Security problem
I have a problem can't seem to figure out. I am an admin, and I'm having some security issues with the our exchange 2003 server only. I have no problems with our Primary Domain Controller (w2k3 std) or our gateway server running ISA 2004 (w2k3 Std). From my XP workstation, if i try to remotely manage the Exchange server (via right click 'my computer'->manage->Action->connect to another computer) the mmc console comes up but if I try to review the event logs, or access the services list, or anything for that matter... I get an access denied error. If I remote desktop...

Date Format Problem
Hello All, I am using Windows XP/Office 2003 and have the following problems: I am making an attendance sheet where in Cell C4 is having value (01/09/2005) showing Sep-2005 (formatted as mm-yyyy) >From A5 downwards I wish to have the following A5 : 9-1 Thursday A6 : 9-2 Friday A7 : 9-3 Saturday I have entered the following formula in A5 =MONTH(C4)&-DAY(C4)&TEXT(C4,"DDDD") which gives me the desired result as 9-1 Thursday. My problem is when I drag it down it shows me values which I don't want...How can I drag and just have Day and the Weekday incremented as foll...

Error when send email from TalkTalk
Hi I do hope someone can shed some light on the error message below. I have tried changing the Router MTU as has been suggested as a cause of this error but it has not made any difference. The laptop has been used on another broadband connection and it still will not send from Outlook Express. Error Message: "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: email.address@talktalk.net', Server: 'smtp.talktalk.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SS...

Known bug causes email looping??
I am told by our ISP support that a mail-loop we get from incoming email to unknown users is caused by a known bug in Exchange, only under SBS. The only reference at Ms I can find, concerning SBS "assuming control of the externally managed internet domain" claims to have been fixed by MsExchange 2003 SP3 which we have. This does sound like another SBS "Lord of the Universe delusions" problem because the mail is being bounced to the addressee domain instead of the sender. Our ISP support said there was a workaround-fix. Anyone know what it is? ...

Email pivot table report page.
Is it possible to email only one page from my pivot table? Say I have a report on sales rep as page field and I want to email only his page to him. Is it possible to email that page to the respective sale rep? ...

Vista Printer On Network Changes IP Address
I have two ethernet hardwired network printers on my home net. Why do the IP adresses change and what can I do to to prevent this or at least find an easy way to fix it when it does. This is not an user freindly ergonomic situation MS. You have to read the printer instruction manual. Older printers in particular that have built in ethernet ports assign their own address within a specified range, which may not coincide with what your router wants to supply. You may be allowed to choose a number within the range but you cannot change the range. You also need to find out how the ...

sending email #10
when I write a new email or reply to an email, I am unable to send it. I have to close it and it goes into the draft file, where I then move it to the outbox. Even in the outbox I am unable to send it. Please help me. Thank you. Post your Outlook version, Account type and connection type. What do you show in your send/receive groups? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: revpena@gracefullivingministries.org <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | when I ...

Printing problem in excel
Hello, I have a excel file which is formatted in such a way that 1:1 print matches the physical labels.( We have adjusted the height & width of cells.) Now my problem is when we print this excel from two different machines, prints are different, even though it is printed on same printer. My doubt is that it is related to aspect ratio/ screen resolution. When we print it from a machine with 17" square ( regular ) monitor prints are okay, but when we print is from machines with wide monitors prints are off. Can this happen? or am I missing something. Thanks in Advan...

Problems with 11.4.0 updates
I have tried several times to update Office 2004 with the 11.4.0 updates. Each time, I get as far as a screen that tells me that the program is "searching for programs to update." The rainbow disk spins forever, and I finally when I go to force quit the update, I am told it is not responsive. For what it is worth, I have upgraded to Leopard and use Firefox. I would appreciate any thoughts! Don On 2/20/08 11:45 AM, in article ee8e2c0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "deleomeyer@officeformac.com" <deleomeyer@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have tried several times to upd...

system manager and exadmin.dll problem
For a while now I can not open exchange system manager. Every time I do I get an error message and info is sent to Microsoft. AppName: exadmin.dll AppVer: 6.5.7226.0 AppStamp:406d1e32 ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.2.3790.1830 ModStamp:424377d2 fDebug: 0 Offset: 00015dea Strange thing is if I reinstall the exchange service pack it will work for a while then go back to not working. There are some days I really hate Microsoft for their buggy pile of un user friendly crap.... Can you tell us if you are running this buggy pile of un-user friendly crap System Man...

remote user cannot connect to OWA
He gets past the first username/password screen to the yellow login screen. However once he gets the second login/password box his password does not get accepted. I checked the event log on the exchange server and there is a 529 Unknown username or bad password but he insists that he typed it in correctly. What else could be causing this problem? I have an exchange 5.5 server running on windows 2000 server. ...

Hosted MS CRM SignIn ISA Problem
Hi, when I internal login to "https://company1.crm123.com" then I can normally logon to signin.aspx and will be forwarded to loader.aspx But I cant logon external via our ISA Server to that website. The signin.aspx is loaded but after the authentication is checked the signin.aspx will displayed again. The forwarding to the loader.aspx page does not take place. We have already tried all possible settings on the isa servers. Has anybody an idea to solve the problem? Many thanks Best regards Kachte hi, did anybody find any solution for this in the meantime? thanks in advance, fritz...

How do I get my email to open in Outlook?
http://products.secureserver.net/email/email_outlook.htm -- Mike Hall MS-MVP Windows Shell/User "dck655" <dck655@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF9C44E0-6CD2-4A11-BD90-7D0B8BAE3B1E@microsoft.com... > ...

Problem: Cant make payment to one particular payee.
Microsoft money 2004 crashes whic I try to make a register entry to a particular payee.....When I delete it (via the checkbook balance screen) it causes a message "that operation cannot be performed" message. Everything still "works" after the crash....I just don't dare click on the particular payee field..... Also archiving does not remove old entries?? [separate problem???] Repair of file function was no help, nor was uninstalling and reinstalling . If you create a new payee, are you able to manually move any of the existing transactions to the new p...

Common problem-can't find a solution
I have that common problem with Windows Mail in Vista Premium which began out of the blue recently -- I try to open email, nothing happens, then I get this error: "Windows Mail cannot be started...mail message store cannot be opened...is currently being used by another program such as a virus scanner...(0x800C0155,2) -- MSOE.dll cannot be initialized. Having read hundreds of threads about this problem, uninstalled every type of malware/virus protection I have, restored the system, and, paraphrasing some suggestions, danced a rain dance holding my crotch, but nothing work...

Problem creating export spec
Hello All I need to create an export specification for use in a TranserText macro action. I initially did this by opening a query in datasheet view, then doing File>Export, then clicking the Save All button: this then bring up the Export Text wizard screen, where I can click the Advanced button to show the Export Specification edit/save screen. This seemed to work fine, until I came to use the saved Export Specification in the macro, when I got a message that "the data being exported does not match the format described in the scheme.ini file". Guessing that this may be b...

2nd Attempt
I have recently been having difficulties with sending emails. When I make a reply and hit send the email saves to the outbox but does so in bold normal type and refuses to send. Sometimes if I make a new msg, copy by pasting everything and then save, the email saves to outbox in italics. This is "normal" I believe. The email goes out OK then. This seems to have started spontaneously. Anyone know what is happening and why. Perhaps more importantly how do I fix it? -- Jerry ...

Monitoring Email Usage
I have been charged with the dubious pleasure of analysing how much our email system is being used. I need to report on the number of emails sent and received by users, and also the time spent accessing email. Can anyone offer advice on how this may be done. We have a 2 server Exchange environment with aprroximately 1000 users. Thanks in advance Simon Tonks Some suggestions here: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_messag.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Simon Tonks" <simon@cityc...