Problems getting rid of "..Program is trying to access your e-mail addresses.."

I am trying to complete a migration to Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 from
an Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2003 environment.

I have all of my clients configured so that the HKey_Local_Machine
value of CheckAdminSettings is set to 1 or 2. I have identical security
group documents in the Outlook 10 Security Settings and Outlook
Security Settings folders.

Unfortunately Some of my users are still seeing the Outllok security
prompts. I have checked the permissions on the Security Settings
folders and everything seems to be correct.

What am I missing and why can't I make the prompts disappear.
Everything worked correctly prior to the migration.

ian_journeaux@hotmail.com <ian_journeaux@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to complete a migration to Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 from
> an Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2003 environment.
>
> I have all of my clients configured so that the HKey_Local_Machine
> value of CheckAdminSettings is set to 1 or 2. I have identical
> security group documents in the Outlook 10 Security Settings and
> Outlook Security Settings folders.
>
> Unfortunately Some of my users are still seeing the Outllok security
> prompts. I have checked the permissions on the Security Settings
> folders and everything seems to be correct.
>
> What am I missing and why can't I make the prompts disappear.
> Everything worked correctly prior to the migration.

You make the prompts disappear by using add-ins that conform to the Outlook
security model.  See if something here helps:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/2/2005 8:05:06 PM
are they all connecting to the Ex2003 server now? are you using the newest
admin form?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

<ian_journeaux@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to complete a migration to Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 from
> an Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2003 environment.
>
> I have all of my clients configured so that the HKey_Local_Machine
> value of CheckAdminSettings is set to 1 or 2. I have identical security
> group documents in the Outlook 10 Security Settings and Outlook
> Security Settings folders.
>
> Unfortunately Some of my users are still seeing the Outllok security
> prompts. I have checked the permissions on the Security Settings
> folders and everything seems to be correct.
>
> What am I missing and why can't I make the prompts disappear.
> Everything worked correctly prior to the migration.

0
msnews1660 (730)