Problems connecting to POP3 server

Hello

I am using Outlook XP to access my POP3 email account.  It has been
working fine for about 2 years but all of a sudden, I'm getting error
messages saying that it can't access the server.

I know that the service is working fine because I can use a web-based
service to connect to it.  I haven't installed anything new on my
machine and my web connection hasn't changed.

Any idea?

TIA

Jo

Sorry, false alarm.  I've just realised that it's something to do with
recent updates to my AV software.

Jo

Sorry, false alarm.  I've just realised that it's something to do with
recent updates to my AV software.

Jo

message header without server name
ls, my echange 5.5 server sends messages without server name in the header: <1345352364213353647344243@> cannot find a way to change this. now some servers receiving my email consider this to be spam/ how can i fix this? "rtv" <rverweij@msn.com> wrote: >my echange 5.5 server sends messages without server name in the header: > ><1345352364213353647344243@> > >cannot find a way to change this. now some servers receiving my email >consider this to be spam/ > >how can i fix this? What header? I *think* you're asking about the "...

problem in printing bitmap
How to print Bitmap? If we pass orignal width and height of the BMP in the BitBlt function it prints Bmp of very small size. After setting the map mode and logical coordinates also the image gets stretched. Can anybody help me in printing Bitmap with the correct size and image is also not stretched. I am not able to set the logical coordinates according to the printer. Can somebody can send the sample for printing bitmap. Thanks in advance Rajani Hope I have already answered this... "Ritu Chawla" <ritu.c@momentum-tech.com> wrote in message news:#rUZ#Z3$DHA.688@tk2msftngp13...

Filter problem
Hello, I have Exchange 2K set to forward bounces to a mailbox where I set filters using Outlook 2K. I have tried several times to set a filter to delete messages with a certain string or word in the body of the message to no avail. For example, the following text is common in bounces that come into the mailbox, and I would like to filter based on the string, "account does not exist", but the filter performs no action on the message as if the text wasn't actually in the body of the message. Anyone have any clue how to get this to work? Your message did not reach some or all o...

Outlook 2003 Continuing Hang Problem
I am running Outlook 2003 on WinXP Prof. and have had ongoing problems for weeks. Outlook loads and then hangs. Running Detect and Repair fixes the problem temporarily, as does renaming the outcmd.dat file, but after a few hours of functionality, the hang problem returns. I have completely uninstalled and then re-installed MS Office 2003 and the Outlook problem appeared to go away for a few days. Today it is back again and I am completely at a loss as what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Liz & Roger Try this: Download, install, update and scan with Ad-aware: http...

Excel VBA-vlookup combo box problem
Hi can someone please help me. I have created a worksheet in which i have Vlookup formulaes reading o another worksheet which has combobox with drop down lists and linke cells. Everything works apart from the comboboxes whose populate linked cells are not being recognised by the v-lookup function. Th Vlookup is as follows: vlookup(e18,'policy'!c5:098,7,false) The data within the combo box is a mixture of text and numerical e. L32H11-1, EM2H11-1 I have put a double minus sign in front of e18 and it returns #value! Can someone please help me. thanking you in anticipation Saik ...

Custom dictionary problems
Whenever I spell check an email, it tells me there is no custom dictionary and asks if I want to create one. Selecting Yes, gives an error that states and error occured while trying to create the custom dictionary. Anyone have a solution? Thanks, Jim Hi James, if the spellchecker wont work you have to look in Word options! -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "James" <jamesl70@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns950CACF995074jamesl70hotmailcom@207.46.248...

Still problems
I cannot delete the pst files so I decided to completely delete outlook 2003 and then I did a reinstall hoping I could then start with the new account and it would be clean. However, when I did the install it could not find the ..pst file and would not open a new one. I had to restore it from my deleted files and now it is open again. How can I just delete the mail folders in Outlook and start clean??? With OL closed try the mail applet in the control panel to add a data file, set it as default, and remove old data file "Terri" <terri@mylanusa.com> wrote in message ...

Problem when registering OCX
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C3EA6F.B5037D00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a problem that occurs when building an ActiveX OCX that uses MFC. = What happens is that after the OCX is linked, VS.NET 2003 attempts to = register the OCX via regsvr32 and fails with a very unhelpful message = stating... Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing = registration" An important thing to note is that this ONLY happens when statically = linki...

Removing a Rogue 5.5 Exchange Server
INFO: Existing Exchange 5.5 site with 1 valid/working server and 1 'rogue'/orphaned server. I was attempting to do a normal Exchange 2003 server install (add to Site), but it keeps bombing because the rogue server is still there and the new server can not communicate with it. I read a KB stating that running 5.5 Admin in raw mode aqnd removing the server will work. I just want to ensure I am not missing anything or if there is some newer information out there. Thanks. On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:04:03 -0700, TAS <TAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >INFO: >Existing...

local mail via second exchange server not working with AV client 9
Hello, I had one win2003 server with exchange 2003 and i added a new win2003 server with exchange 2003. our Symantec system is the following: Primary antivirus server with several secondary antivirus servers. Also several other win2003 servers with exchange in other domains so i do have some experience with the beast. For the exchange servers i have a single group "SERVERS" with exclusions so that the "c:\program files\exchsrvr" (or D:\ or whatever) directory is NOT scanned because i don't want corrupt databases and i have also symantec mail security for exchange ...

CRM 1.2 Installation problem.
Hi all, I read many topics here and met the same situations I am facing.But no resolutions're right for me. So I post a new one with my hope anyone which had solved the problem could help me. I installed Microsoft CRM 1.2. After the installation, restarted, I could see in the Event viewer : 1. Crystal APS started and stopped. The error : The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Unable to connect to the database using the provided connection string. Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login '_S_Software_Co...

Exchange 2000 Server DR Testing
I've decided to put my backups to work for me and have planned to perform a little DR test. I've got a Windows 2K Server running Exchange 2000 Standard Server. Unfortunately, the mail server is one of my DCs (built prior to my hire *^( ). I built a test server with Exchange 2000 and planned to run a few test restores but it seems that some Exchange services will not start (System Attendant, Information Store, MTA Stacks). The last two fail because the first is not started. I've reseached this and basically found: System Attendant won't start; it requires the KDC service. ...

problem sending
a client is having problems sending email from outlook. Some of the replies she sends out, when received, are missing text and instead is a line like this: << File: ATT00005.txt; charset = Windows-1252 >> What's causing this behavior, and how is it remedied? For example, she copied some text from an email I sent to her into outlook and then added some of her own plain text, and I received the plain text part, but instead of what she copied, I also received a line like that above. Thanks. -- Bill ...

Stacked Bar Legend problem
The table of data for my chart has names down the side and CBT Groups across the top. The data in the middle is number of CBTs completed by each person. Something like this: Name Winx OS10 MCP A+ Bill 5 0 1 0 Jim 2 1 0 0 Jane 7 0 1 0 Lacy 1 0 0 1 Marvin 3 1 1 0 I want to create a stack bar chart that has names as the X axis. The bar for each name will have within it stacks of CBTs they have completed. I'm able to create the chart but I can not get the CBT Group titles to appear in the Legend. The ...

Problems with archiving
hi! We have an Exchange Server 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 and our clients are using Outlook 2003. When I start archiving all folders are created in the PST-file. But the folders are empty! Why? Does someone know the answer? greetings m.neumeister Matthias Neumeister <matthias@neumeister.net> wrote: > We have an Exchange Server 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 and our > clients are using Outlook 2003. > When I start archiving all folders are created in the PST-file. But > the folders are empty! Why? Perhaps the modified dates on the items are more recent that the archi...

Problems unzipping folders with photos
Help! I'm receivingattachments in my Outlook email program with our new grandbaby pictures, but the folders are zipped. I tried extracting also. When I double click on the folders to open them, there is nothing inside. Can someone help me. southern belle <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help! I'm receivingattachments in my Outlook email program with our > new grandbaby pictures, but the folders are zipped. I tried > extracting also. What happened when you saved the Zip file to a folder and then tried to open it? What version of Windows are you using? ...

Release mode problems
Hi all, i am also facing rhe same problem, while compiling my code in Release mode Kind of hard to help when your description of the problem you are having only says it's the same. I'm sure this ties into another post somewhere... -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com <yendeti@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e05eb7fc-0385-4361-bbbf-08ec9ffc39a7@z17g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > i am also facing rhe same problem, while compiling my code in Release > mode Could you post a bit of your code or describe the problem a...

Problem printing with sender info, subject and attachments
When I print e-mails that I have written, it does not print : "To: Cc: Subject: Attachment: When I receive e-mail from other people, the e-mail contains this information. I am keeping a printed log of all emails correspondence. Is this a setting problem? Can I print my e-mails so this information is included? Hi, you have to convert your mails from HTML to RTF or only TEXT -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Glenn Mitchell" <anonymous@discussions.microso...

Exchange and Foreign Email Server setup
I two Ex2003 servers running in my shop. One frontend and One backend. We use the Exchange for our directors and administrators that need the standard features of Exchange (ie appointments, contacts, public folders). Also, we just purchased a foreign email system (MailSite) that we are going to use to give email to the rest of the company's 900 employees. Both systems reside in the same domain, sharing the same smtp name. The systems are both able to send and receive emails from the outside, but the Exchange server is unable to send emails to the MailSite Users. The Exchange g...

Problem with one e-mail message
In my inbox, a message is shown in red with the "blocked" symbol. But when I click it to delete, it crashes Windows Mail instead. I ran my full antivirus scan (Trend Micro) but still have the problem. Windows Update no help. Any suggestions short of dumping Windows Mail with all my mail, contacts, etc.?? Upgrade to Windows Live Mail: http://download.live.com/wlmail It will automatically import all your Windows Mail data. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Ludlow37" wrote in message news:29D1C42E-D4FB-4748-9770-BF2F7F51B685@microsoft.com... In...

Mail Merge Problem
I have created a publication and want to do a mail merge. I draw the text box and the proceed to Open the Data Source, but when I go to the Mail Merge menu 'Open Data Source' is not available for me to click on. Any suggestions? Also, I can start a new .pub from scratch, make a text box, and then Open Data Source can be clicked on. Please help. >-----Original Message----- >I have created a publication and want to do a mail merge. >I draw the text box and the proceed to Open the Data >Source, but when I go to the Mail Merge menu 'Open Data >Source' is no...

Speed problems win Excel
Hi Guys, I have been building up a rather large spreadsheet with 3 years worth of sales data of products, im looking at market trends and things, info below Total of 8 work sheets 2 with data 3 with calculations from the data mainly median pricing, quartile pricing, sumproduct funtcions etc 3 with charts I am running an AMD 3400+, 1gb RAM, XP Pro, Excel 2003 My Problem is the spreadsheet have become stupidly slow, the PC is sitting on 100% CPU load calculating cells for 10-15minutes. If I copy & paste cells Excel utilises 100% of the CPU on the processes tab...

problems with creating more rules
"one or more rules could not be uploaded to exchange server and have been deactivated.This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules." George <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > "one or more rules could not be uploaded to exchange > server and have been deactivated.This could be because > some of the parameters are not supported or there is > insufficient space to store all of your rules." There is an upper limit to how many rules Exchange supports. It appears you&#...

Accessing inernal mails thru External POP3 webmail
Dear All , Need a solution for accessing inernal mails thru External POP3 webmail I have Ex2003 on winsrvr2003 with domain registered with service provider; I am using a 3rd party POP3 software to download mails. And mails are going out thru my ADSl connection to internet . My problem is I have some external users they want to access mails from out side , since I don’t have a leased line and public IP I cant use OWA instead I want use the webmail provided by the service provider. This setup is fine for them to receive external mail s on their webmail. the issue is When a internal...

Outlook Internet Email & Exchange Server 2000
Hi We have recently moved premises and are in the process of having our email moved to a new domain. In the interim I have stup internet email accounts that deliver into our users exchange box. This all worked fine until today when exchange wants to try and deliver any internet email. I get the following in the senders address sender1@internetemail on behalf of sender1@exchangeemail. Anyone any cluse as to why this has started to happen Cheers Barrie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have recently moved premises and are in the process of > having our ema...