Problems #3

Ok i have never used outllook before  so when i double click on Mircosoft
Outlook 2003 it starts outlook and shows a screen up in the left hand corner
with the title of "configuring outlook" ,then a main window saying
"Connecting to Microsoft Exchange server" and the options of "Retry", "Work
Offline", or "Cancel" and i tried all of them and they just close out of
Outlook when i press any of those options, so will someone please help me
with this i would love to get this fixed and use
outlook 2003.

Please do not multipost.

See your response in microsoft.public.outlook.general.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Collin Thoman <Coolcolly2789@hotmail.com>
asked this group:

| Ok i have never used outllook before  so when i double click on
| Mircosoft Outlook 2003 it starts outlook and shows a screen up in the
| left hand corner with the title of "configuring outlook" ,then a main
| window saying "Connecting to Microsoft Exchange server" and the
| options of "Retry", "Work Offline", or "Cancel" and i tried all of
| them and they just close out of Outlook when i press any of those
| options, so will someone please help me with this i would love to get
| this fixed and use
| outlook 2003.

0
MillyS (3228)

CRM 3.0 on Outlook 2007
Hello, I installed the spanish version of CRM Client on my Outlook 2007. I noticed the user interface has changed. With this version any time I click on a CRM entity it pops up an Internet Explorer window. Is this normal or should I still be seing the data On oultook application (that was the case of CRM for Outlook 2003)? Regards, Irene Nothing changed (assuming you are reffering to the v3c update) in this regard. The CRM for Outlook client has typically opened browser pages. The only exception was if you double clicked on the core Outlook items. Basically, if you click from an O...

DAO is less relevent than Wnidows 3.1
why do you diptards still use DAO again? why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon " S u s i e D B A [ M S FT ] " <s u s i e d b a @h o t m a i l.com> wrote: >why do you diptards still use DAO again? > >why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? > >Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon Note that this person is really A a r o n K e m p f and that he is not an employee of Microsoft. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond onl...

Crazy Sorting Problem.....
Ok so I have colums A though D that need to line up with E through P. I have a common symbol in D and F. I need to get rid of everything in colum A through D that does not line up with the E through P useing the common symbol as a referance. I am right now deleting extra info by hand. Please help. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Neal wrote: > Ok so I have colums A though D that need to line up with E through P. > I have a common symbol in D and F. I need to get rid of everything in > colum A through D that does not line up with the E through P ...

WaitForSingleObject Problem
Hi all, I use WaitForSingleObject(hProcess, INFINITE) to wait for execution of the MS ActiveX Control Pad Setup (started out of my application). <code> CreateProcess(NULL, "setuppad.exe", NULL, NULL, FALSE, DETACHED_PROCESS, NULL, NULL, &startupInfo, &processInfo) WaitForSingleObject(processInfo.hProcess, INFINITE) DoSomethingElse </code> At the beginning of installation everything is fine, but after a little bit of time, the CPU usage is 50% and nothing is going on (it's after searching for installed components). When I don't use WaitForSingleOb...

Problem Syncronizing.
HI, I have problems with a syncronized store that I had to syncronize again from the beginning. Give me alot of TIme out when I use the 401 Worksheet. Since some of the data is in the HQ Database I would like to know if there any operation I can do so then tell to the HQ client that I just want to upload some information?. Thanks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Go to Manager, Help, About. If your version is 1.2.0151 you have a version that won't work with Global Customer turned on. Contact MBS and ask for a Hot Fix to address this issue. Install the Hot Fix on all PC...

INSERT INTO problems
Hi all, I hope this doesn't appear twice, I did it a while ago and it never came up! So here goes again! I am trying to use INSERT INTO to insert one record in to a table (tna feedback) in two fields (USER ID: and DESK/LAPTOP). The values are generated by two different forms; stUser comes from this form and stMachine comes from another form which has been hidden once the user has chosen the value. This part works fine. However, every time I run it I get an "Incomplete Query clause" error message but can't fidure out what I've done wrong! Here is the code: Dim SQL ...

Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard problem!
I have created an Access 2000 application that I now wish to distribute to users as an MDE file. The Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard does a fine job of storing the relevant installation files on a CD, exploiting A2K Runtime. However, I would prefer to let users download my application from a website. The Package and Deployment Wizard offers a 'Web Publishing' deployment option that appears to address this need. My only problem is that it doesn't work for me. I get the following error message, Unexpected error number 48 has occurred: File not found: WebPost.dll I...

Count problems[Excel 97]
Hi there, I did a search on the forum to find an answer to my question but didn' find anything. Here is my prob : Lets say I got this page-> ___a___b_____c__d__ 1 Name Type Job bla 2 Name Type Job bla 3 Name Type Job bla 4 Name Type Job bla 5 Name Type Job bob I want a Cell to write how many row I got( 5 in this exemple) and onl count the cells with bla in the D column(4 in this exemple). Sorry if I'm not really clear but if you can help me feel free t answer :) thx, Tulkas -- Tulka -----------------------------------------------------------...

DSUM #3
[Excel 2003] I have a worksheet that looks something like this: A B C Charge Payable Paid $100.00 Y $650.25 Y $ 25.00 N 10/1/2007 $ 85.75 Y I would like to place a formula in a cell that will return the sum of all expenses in column A for rows which have a "Y" in column B and no value in column C. I think DSUM is the function to use, and I have read several help pages on it, but no formula I have tried has actually worked. I would appreciate any help. Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(A2:A10...

Problems with german characters (umlaute)
Hello colleagues, it happes every months that a mail reaches us with I don't know how coded german characters. Our german customers are calling us, asking what we're missing on our system. I've checked one of these mails and the only thing I found out that the codepage, which was specified in the header, was the same than in the other mails I've in my mailbox and which I can read perfectly. The strange thing in current case is, that the email is displayed correctly when the mail is opened in Outlook Web Access. I need some help how to get hand on these problems. Many...

User status in Sharepoint 3.0
I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is there away to do this with out office Communicator or free software to do this? We are a small company with about 10 users. Nothing I'm aware of. This is built in integration with the OCS platform. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:089333D7-F0D4-4994-87E3-74A387AE33D0@microsoft.com... > I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is > there > away to...

countif problem.
I wrote a formula in a cell that contains the following: =countif(f5:f268,"> char(32)") / countif(e5:e268,"> char(32)") I have verified that any unused cells have blanks spaces in them. Both columns have data in the same rows so the counted value for each column should be the same but it isnt. All cells contain only numbers or letters and the cells format is general. Any suggestions?? Not sure I get it, but try =countif(f5:f268,">"&char(32)) / countif(e5:e268,">"&char(32)) "psion" <oregonsparkie@hotmail.com> w...

Problem with printing listbox bigger than one page
Hi, I created form "Invoice". It contains few list boxes (like: Brand, Product, Price, etc.). Each list box is big enough to display 50 items. It works in this way: user is chosing product from table Products_tbl and clicks on "Add to invoice" button which adds to each list box new item containg apropriate information about chosen product. At the end, user can print the form. Before it was limited, and user could put max. 50 products on one invoice, but I wanted to get rid of this limitation. I did it in this way: after 50th item, with each added product I extend list boxe...

Carriage Return/Line Feed Problem
Hi guys, I wrote some code that gets the HTML from a Web page and stores it in a buffer, then I display the buffer in a big multiline CEdit box. The problem is that on many pages I don't get new lines, I just get a thick solid verticle line kinda like this: || where it should return. Also, if I view the pages (view source) in Notepad they look fine. Most pages do that, but interestingly Microsoft pages do the proper new line and look great in my edit box. Maybe I have to replace all the \r with \r\n or something like that ? Does a \r\n still only take up 1 char ? I download the page in...

FRx
Dear, I encountered problem of changing default base period. The version of FRx software is 6.5.28 and it is running under Windows 2K Professional. The situation was: After opened the Catalog of Report Window, there was a pop-up message box which said 'Changed the default base period to C'. I did not know why this could happen. - Would you please tell me under what circumstances this pop-up message box would display?? In order to continue to use this software, I only could click 'OK' from the message box. The report date is then changed to 'Default Base Period' - (Ja...

Audience rule, problem with Domain Local Group.
I try to create a rule for my audience on Portal 2007 User = Member of --- some Domain Local Group (I need to add people from other trusted forest) But it can't be relolved :-( What's wrong? I checked it on 3 Portals, no luck I cam only create such a rule: Work e-mail Contains @needed_domain.com or add individual accounts from those domains, but there are 1000, too hard to add manually .... Please help. Perhaps there is another way These groups need to be either Global or Universal groups. Universal groups are better for SharePoint, and they can contain global...

backup problem
Hi I had installed backup for office 2003, I had been backing up to a removable disk. I had removed the disk and kept getting messages that was unable to back up to removable disk, even though I have turned off all automatic backup options. I have since removed back up "feature" but still get the 4 or 5 steps stating unable to find disk etc, any ideas how to get rid of this wonderful microsoft feature. thanks tim If by removed you mean 'uninstalled' then it would appear the uninstall wasnt successfull. In OL ensure backup is not selected within Addins "Tim&...

shortcut/hotkey-problem
Hello NG, I have set a custom hotkey to a shortcut/program on my Windows XP Start Menu (CTRL-ALT-B). However, this programlink was deleted. If I now try to reassign this shortcut, it does not work - it seems that the combination has been still reserved for a non-existing link. Is it possible to unmap the combination to map it then again? Hopefully someone can help me. Thank you, Johannes Perhaps the info in this thread will help. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/32795-45-find-delete-hotkey-shortcut-assigned-program johannes pfeffer wrote: > Hello NG, > ...

LDAP problem
I upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002 and now every time I open Outlook I get a Microsoft LDAP Directory window with Server Name, Port, User Name, and Password. What is this thing and how do I get rid of it? -- Mike D. www.stopassaultnow.net Remove .spamnot to respond by email --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.789 / Virus Database: 534 - Release Date: 11/7/2004 You can remove the LDAP address book provider via Tools | Email Accounts | View/Change address books. (Might be listed as Active Directory or LD...

upgrade #3
Hello, I just received an e-mail from my bank which states they will no longer be supporting MS Money 2000 or 2001. I currently have Money 2000. I am looking to upgrade, however do NOT wish to lose any of my financial data or the ease of epaying my bills. When I upgrade, do I delete the old MS Money and leave the *.mny file ? Or do I complete an install and let Money 05 remove the old MS Money ? thanks for your help, Jason Already replied to. "dejaking" <dejaking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB6DD057-70DF-404A-AD65-CE0E914B366D@microsoft.com.....

Outlook 2003 Personal Address Book forwarding problem
This Outlook 2003 is connected to a Exchange 5.5 Server The problem is this, everytime I try to forward any e-mail and use any distribution list on the Personal Address Book it does not want to send the e-mail but if I try to send it any other way it works fine. Thanks ...

Outlook Express Problems #5
Question 1: I am creating an address Group in Express. I added about 75 addresses, and ... suddenly I see ONLY 50!! Where did the other 25 go to? What can I do to solve this? Question 2: I would like to enter a large number of email addresses in BCC. Is there a way to conveniently do this? In AOL you can apparently enter a bunch of addresses into CC:, with parentheses at start and finish. Can you do this in Express? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the...

What is problem event BEX?
What does BEX stand for? My application crashes and it says "Problem Event Name: BEX", and Exception Code: c000000d "David Deley" wrote: > What does BEX stand for? My application crashes and it says "Problem > Event Name: BEX", and Exception Code: c000000d > I wish i knew.... i get the error too I've gotten it on two applications! Could it be similar to this problem: "Vampire" <Vampire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B961F097-5AE8-4AB3-9F68-476910E1787A@microsoft.com... > > > "David Deley"...

Problems with modeless child dialog.
Hi. I have created a dialog window, that I want to appear (eventually) as a modeless child window inside my app. I do it this way: dlg = new CMyDialog; dlg->Create(IDD_DIALOG, this); dlg->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); I get expected behaviour when the dialogs Style property is set to Overlapped, or Popup, but when I change it to Child, all I see is some of the dialogs controls displayed on the parent window, but nothing is clickable, and nothing is redrawn if I move anything. I noticed some other people have had this problem, but I cant see it answered anywhere. Also, eventually I want ...

Database problem #2
Hi guys, I wrote an application that reads about 50.000 records from many files and wrote these in a db. This application is really slow. Can the cause of this slowness be the reading from the files? If yes, can I resolve with 2 thread where one will makes a cache of records reads from the files and the other writes the data in the db? Tnx It's more likely to be the writing in the db that's slow, assuming that you're not processing the files as you open them. One thing that might help in this case is to close any open indexes before adding the new records, and re-create the in...