problem...

When I am sending an email with an attachment of size 11mb for instance,
I can not cancel the transmission.
When I try to open the concerning message in the outbox, outlook says
you can not open the item, it is being transmitted...

Nor can I delete it.

I hate this problem and cant solve it.
Please guide me.

0
t24680 (116)

Running against Exchange server or with a local data file?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"exciter" <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I am sending an email with an attachment of size 11mb for instance,
> I can not cancel the transmission.
> When I try to open the concerning message in the outbox, outlook says
> you can not open the item, it is being transmitted...
>
> Nor can I delete it.
>
> I hate this problem and cant solve it.
> Please guide me.

0
russval1 (2100)
6/4/2006 11:13:26 AM
Remove your internet cable, what ever it is, form the network card so that
you will not have an internet connection. Restart outlook, you'll receive a
message that you don't have internet connection and etc, now go to your
outbox folder and delete the message.

"exciter" <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I am sending an email with an attachment of size 11mb for instance,
> I can not cancel the transmission.
> When I try to open the concerning message in the outbox, outlook says
> you can not open the item, it is being transmitted...
>
> Nor can I delete it.
>
> I hate this problem and cant solve it.
> Please guide me.

local data file...
Can not delete the item. Nothign happens when I push the cross sign on the
toolbar.
Cant get rid of the email.
Dont know what to do.

0
t24680 (116)
6/4/2006 11:49:12 AM
This worked before when I encountered the same problem.
But now it does not work.

0
t24680 (116)
6/4/2006 12:08:59 PM
Ok I have disabled netwrok connection then it worked.
But this is not a practical solution.
Anyways thank you Russ and Vitalie.
I appreciate swift reply.

0
t24680 (116)
6/4/2006 12:11:56 PM
open ol in offline mode

> Ok I have disabled netwrok connection then it worked.
> But this is not a practical solution.
> Anyways thank you Russ and Vitalie.
> I appreciate swift reply.

0
dl6256 (276)
6/4/2006 12:42:35 PM
I also did that and it did not help

0
t24680 (116)
6/4/2006 1:10:25 PM
Create a new Outlook profile with no transports. Open your Outlook Data
File. Delete the item from your Outbox.
--
> local data file...
> Can not delete the item. Nothign happens when I push the cross sign on the
> toolbar.
> Cant get rid of the email.
> Dont know what to do.

0
russval1 (2100)
6/4/2006 1:16:33 PM
exciter <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I also did that and it did not help

Did you close and restart Outlook after selecting File>Work Offline?
--
Brian Tillman
0

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"exciter" <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok I have disabled netwrok connection then it worked.
> But this is not a practical solution.
> Anyways thank you Russ and Vitalie.
> I appreciate swift reply.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
6/4/2006 5:07:21 PM
yes

0
t24680 (116)
6/4/2006 5:40:26 PM
Russ can you explain this once again because I am not very good in outlook
and could not understand what you mean.
Thank you in advance.

0
t24680 (116)
6/4/2006 5:41:14 PM
Sure, but you need to tell me what version of Outlook you are using. For
most just follow the directions below, only do _not_ create any mail
accounts. Then just open the Outlook Data File that has the stuck message
and delete the message from the Outbox:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918&Product=out2003
--
> Russ can you explain this once again because I am not very good in outlook
> and could not understand what you mean.
> Thank you in advance.

0
russval1 (2100)
6/4/2006 8:43:20 PM
Russ thanks much for your concern!
Problem solved.

0
t24680 (116)
6/4/2006 9:15:50 PM
Hey Diane thanks, problem solved!

0
t24680 (116)

Problem after SP2 Install
After installing SP2 for XP,sometimes outlook won`t connect to my pop3 mail server.After I restart the computer it is fine for one connection then it won`t connect again unless I reboot.Can someone please help.Thanks in advance. Rich ...

Formatting Problem #2
I have a workbook with 9 worksheets. All but one of them are used to track different company projects, one is used for summary: various counts and sums. On the summary sheets, the individual project are separated by two blank rows. The summary data was formatted with borders. I need to remove the borders, which is easy to do. The problem is that when all the borders are removed, vertical "lines" remain that span many rows, between several columns. Removed gridlines, with no effect. These are not drawn objects. Does anyone have an idea how to remove this? Thanks Dudley Could th...

problem in OWA
I have installed two exchange 2003 on pcs in Front end & back end topology, But whenever i send message through OWA, i get error message " forbidden " from internet explorer, i have checked everything ,& iam able to send mail through otlook ,this is happening to all users please note that I only get "forbidden" message with no error code Please provide solutions, Thanks in advance, Regards, Pritam T Have you by chance used IISLockdown or URLScan tools? pritz wrote: > I have installed two exchange 2003 on pcs in Front end & back end > topology, But when...

Figured out Search/Replace Problem
Thanks, anyway! ...

outlook problem with decode and combine
When I go into user groups and download a file that is broken into 450 files. I select all of them and then I use the decode and combine option to download those files. It works fine but where I have a problem is if I have a file that contains more than 512 files the decode and combine will go no further than 512 files. How can I change this to allow the decode and combine in outlook express to download more than 512 files. Thank you ...it would be appreciated if you emailed me with any suggestion alvarezt@optonlone.net This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 fro...

Problems Posting
Is anyone else having problems posting questions? Each time I get this message: An error occurred while sending your pos -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We're sorry, but there was a problem with the system and your post was not received. The error has been reported to Operations and will be investigated as soon as possible. Please try again later. - Close =?Utf-8?B?RU1jR3JhdGhASENBX05PU1BBTV9WZW5kb3IuY29t?= <EMcGrathHCANOSPAMVendorcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:2E96F53C-99CF-4B1A-8016-B05A210B52BA@microsoft....

Problem using SaveAs method
Hi, I'm running a perl script which uses Win 32 OLE package for Excel operations. The script does some processing and populates a spreadsheet, after which it uses the 'SaveAs' method to save it as xls in the same folder in which the tool runs. This used to work fine until recently I upgraded from MS Office 2003 to MS Office 2007 version 12.0.6524.5003. Now, the script does not produce any xlsx file at all. I tried the same on another machine running Excel 2007 version 12.0.4518.1014, and surprisingly it generated the xlsx. Is this some known issue with this ver...

Book1.xls virus problem
Dear Fellows, I am having a problem when i open one of my Excel files and through AVG antivirus it is detected with name "XF/Sic" macro virus and i m unable to clean it... Kindly help me to resolve the problem. Regards, Muhammad Alam --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi There is such thing as Google Toolbar. Searching with Google for "XF/Sic", you get a lot of links - the first one will qualify: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/xf.sic.html -- (When sending e-mail, use address arvil@tarkon.ee) Arvi Laanemets "mm_ala...

Outlook problem after OS reinstall
I have just completed an XP pro reinstall. I then installed BitDefender IS - my old install had AVG9. I then copy/pasted my saved outlook and archive .pst files into my new install at - C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data \Microsoft\Outlook Now when I start up Outlook it starts with an error because it cannot find avgxch32.dll! I just click to ignore and I Outlook runs OK Can anyone advise me how to resolve this issue and stop Outlook looking for this AVG file? Remove it from your Add Ins. <craigmill@sky.com> wrote in message new...

problem using pst files with Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi, I am having problem using old Pst files when installing new Exchage 2003 Server. Every one in my organization worked in POP3 with pst files , (Outlook 2000/XP) without any difficults. Now, After I have installed Exchange 2003 Standard Edition, and I moved their old emails trough the pst files into the new Exchange Mailbox, I am having Problem reading those mails. I have moved them using the Outlook Drug and Drop feature or even Import/Export Sometimes. Now, those emails are there, but I just can`t use them. They are become unavailable (Gray Color). Please, help find a solution for th...

query problem 12-01-09
I've got a table of Organizations and a table of Memberships. Memberships have an OrgID and one Org can be part of many Memberships. Memberships have an expiration date. I'm trying to build a list of Organizations that have at least one non- expired Membership associated with it. I'd like each current Org to show once in a list (for an unbound combo box). I tried: SELECT tblOrganizations.OrganizationID, tblOrganizations.Name, [tblMemberships.Anniversary]>(Date()-60) AS [Current] FROM tblOrganizations INNER JOIN tblMemberships ON tblOrganizations.OrganizationID ...

CPrintDialogEx problem
Hi, I've started using the Ex version of the print dialog. All has been fine until I've pressed the 'Apply' button. The only thing showing on the call stack I can see is: if (bCallDefault) lResult = CallWindowProc(oldWndProc, hWnd, nMsg, wParam, lParam); in: _AfxActivationWndProc(..) with oldWndProc == NULL. And the error is: Invalid Address specified to RtlReAllocateHeap( 00150000, 00757250 ) Unhandled exception at 0x7c901230 in ars.exe: User breakpoint. So, I figured I wanted notification of 'Apply' and copied the CPrintDialogEx stuff to my own files and re...

alias Problem
Hi, I want to create an alias for a user on exchange2000. I have created one user johnr@domain.com on my exchange and active directory. now i changed its alias as j but when i am sending mail to j@domain.com it is not reaching on jonr@domain.com. Pls let me know how to create alias in Exchange. Regards, Abhi pandeyabhishek2000@yahoo.com (abhishek pandey) wrote: >Hi, >I want to create an alias for a user on exchange2000. I have created >one user johnr@domain.com on my exchange and active directory. now i >changed its alias as j but when i am sending mail to j@domain.com it >is...

Exchange 2003 problem "not enough available memory"
Hello, we have an Exchange 2003 Standard server that keeps posting the following error in the Event Viewer. “Message processing failed because there is not enough available memory (8007000E-80000000).” This happens everytime the Veritas Backup software runs and tries to backup the mailboxes. If you exclude the mailboxes and just do the Information Store everything completes. When this happens and the error occurs, everyone loses connectivity to the server and it has to be rebooted to start working again. The boot.ini file has the /3GB and USERVA entries. I've Googled the error and...

Execute Problem
I have a database with the following code from a macro: DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, 8, "Schneidernew", Me.File, False, "A2:K300" MsgBox "Data Importing Complete.", , "" With cmd1 ..ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection ..CommandText = "Schneider_Append_DDR;" ..Execute End With With cmd1 ..ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection ..CommandText = "Update_Carrier_Schneider;" ..Execute End With DoCmd.DeleteObject acTable, "Schneidernew" Import_Schneider_Exit: Exit Sub Import_Schneider_Err: Ms...

Drop down menus problem Win95
Hi, I have sent a spreadsheet to 10 work colleagues, with data dalidation cells (drop down list).. Everyone can read it, except one person. When she opens the file on her computer, the drop down menu does not appear. Her computer is the only one using Win95. Is iy possible that this is the problem? She even tried opening that file on her home computer, with the same problem, and funny enough she runs Win95. Funny coincidence? I'm not sure, but I beleive she is using Excel 97. Thanks in advance for any input/solution Andr� If you have freeze panes under window and data>valida...

Stationery problem ...
Hi, for a few weeks now we are getting 'Unable to preview selevted stationery, or no stationery selected' when we try and setup stationery in Outlook 2002 (and Exchange Server 2003). any help would be most apprecieted. Thanks. ...

Problems importing customizations
Hi, I'm having difficulties with the import of customizations to a new CRM. I keep getting one of two messages, "SQL Server error occurred" or "Either the file could not be upload or import failed". The customizations file conforms with the schema, and it's size is 5.97MB. Could it be because of the amount of customizations? I have at least 70 custom entities, some of them heavily customized. Do I have to import the entities in groups of related entities? Is the substitution of the new CRM databases with the customized ones, a possible solution? Are there an...

Problem wih Code
I have the code below which simply just copies rows 18:21 to 9 ranges below it. My sheet is protected with the word FIELD. Everytime I run the macro I get an error "Paste Method Worksheet Class Failed", when I debug it highlights the line "ActiveSheet.Paste" - the first instance of this line. Can anyone assist? Thanks Sub CopyCells() Sheets("Report").Select ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="FIELD" ClearCells ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="FIELD" Sheets("Report").Select Rows("18:21").Select...

Problem with copying a to from date to another cell
I am trying to enter the first 7 days of the year in one cell. ie: A1 -> 1/2/05 to 1/8/05 And then I want to drag that down to 53 cells and have it copy in the following format. ie: A2 -> 1/9/05 to 1/15/05 A3 -> 1/16/05 to 1/22/05 etc... Is this possible? I would do it by using two separate columns, typing in the two top row dates, the highlight the area you wish to fill, then Edit > Fill > Series > Trend..........then when you have the two columns of dates, use a third helper column with this formula copied down...... =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yy")&...

request to solve my problem #6

Problem with Microsoft Query
It doesn't return some of the data. It returns all but one actually. And I went into Microsoft Query help and followed the instructions. The file is closed, and the data is formatted the same way. Any advice on how to fix it? Jul, Your question is extremely vague. You should probably provide more explicit information about the details of your query such as The type of file are you trying to query The program you are using to perform the query Details of the query parameters Details of the information that is not being retrieved Also, make sure you change the Subject of your messag...

Date Format Problems
Is there anyway to make excel change the numbers I type in to the appropriate date? If I type 112603, how can I get the cell to display 11/26/03. I have tried formatting the cell, but it just doesn't seem to come out right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Jennifer Only through VBA. See Chip Pearson's website. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Gord Dibben XL2002 On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 08:06:01 -0800, "Jennifer W" <icecream3@earthlink.net> wrote: >Is there anyway to make excel change the numbers I type in to the appropriate date?...

AUTD Problem with SMS message delivery.
I've been hammering away at this problem with all the great info provided here in the past without success. Scenario: PPC-6700 on Telus, Exchange 2003 SP2. Attempting to use AUTD as Telus hasn't released AKU2 yet. Manual and timed Activesync work well. AUTD doesn't work. When I use the AUTD Troubleshooting tool, the test SMS gets delivered to the phone successfully. Followed instructions in: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822176. Results are that events11324 and 10310 are recorded as expected. The last result from message tracker is: Message transferred to flying.telusmobi...

clip art problems
This may be an easy one I'm just missing...when I try to insert clip art, all the images are "x.asp" files and can't be imported. I try to change the search criteria to only search certain types of files (.jpeg, .tif...), but no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks! Empty your cache, right-click your browser icon, properties, delete files or within IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Mindy" <mindy@crosspointeonline.org> wrote in message news:0b5d01c36c9a$13d27970$a501280a@phx.gbl...