Problem with Outlook 2003 BCM and offline files

Hello!

I have a client with SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003. Whenever he logs off if his 
LAN workstation, he gets an error stating "Offline files (\\server\Users) 
Unable to make 'Contact Management database [1].MDB available offline on 
(UNC to his My Docs). Files of this type cannot be made available offline."

As a side note, has anyone had trouble with Google Groups searches lately, 
say in the last week? I can search for items inside quotation marks such as 
"files of this type cannot be made available offline" and I get few hits, 
sometimes none. If I search without quotation marks, I get dozens of hits, 
and they show the EXACT text of what was in the quotation marks on the first 
searches.

Thank you!

Gregg Hill








0
Gregg
8/27/2008 5:09:29 AM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

7 Replies
360 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 13

Yes this is the way it's meant to work
Syncronization will not occure on Specific Database files
..mdb is one of them

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252509

When you attempt to make files or folders available offline, the following 
error message may be displayed:
Offline files (\\server\share): Unable to make file Filename available 
offline on \\server\share. Files of this type cannot be made available 
offline.

CAUSE
By default, files with the following extensions are excluded:
..db?
..ldb
..mdb
..mde
..mdw
..pst
..slm

RESOLUTION
Microsoft does not recommend modifying the list of excluded files. See the 
"More Information" section for more details.
Back to the top
STATUS
This behavior is by design.
Back to the top

MORE INFORMATION
Certain file types are excluded by default as a means to prevent file 
conflicts and data loss. The mechanism that the Offline Files feature uses 
is Client-Side Caching (CSC). CSC can recognize when synchronization issues 
exist (for example, if the copy of a file on the server has been modified 
since the last synchronization). In such a case, you can select which 
version to use, but you cannot merge the contents.

There may also be another synchronization mechanism that is typically used 
for the file type. One such file type is .pst files. This type is included 
in the list to prevent conflicts with the built-in offline and 
synchronization features in Microsoft Outlook. The Offline Files feature 
uses a replacement method of synchronization, so there is no way to merge 
the two copies.

You can modify the list of excluded extensions by editing the appropriate 
Group Policy object (local, domain, organizational unit, and so on). For 
example, to remove the .pst extension from the list of excluded files, 
enable the following sample policy in Policy Editor:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline Files\Files 
not cached
Then, type the following string in the Extensions box:
*.slm;*.mdb;*.ldb;*.mdw;*.mde;*.db?
Log off, and then log back on. This replaces the default list, preserving 
all but the *.pst extension. You can use the same method for any of the 
other extensions.

=============
If this is Outlook 2007
have you thought about taking advantage of the shared Datbase with BCM
and put the datbase on the server and you sharing it?

Russ

-- 
Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
Microsoft Small Business Specialist
World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz


"Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote in 
message news:u8EQWMACJHA.1632@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hello!
>
> I have a client with SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003. Whenever he logs off if 
> his LAN workstation, he gets an error stating "Offline files 
> (\\server\Users) Unable to make 'Contact Management database [1].MDB 
> available offline on (UNC to his My Docs). Files of this type cannot be 
> made available offline."
>
> As a side note, has anyone had trouble with Google Groups searches lately, 
> say in the last week? I can search for items inside quotation marks such 
> as "files of this type cannot be made available offline" and I get few 
> hits, sometimes none. If I search without quotation marks, I get dozens of 
> hits, and they show the EXACT text of what was in the quotation marks on 
> the first searches.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Gregg Hill
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 


0
8/27/2008 5:30:22 AM
Sorry Glasses off (Didn't see the 2003)
Upgrade to office 2007 and you can share the BCM database on the SBS server
Works Great
Russ
And no I haven't noticed a Goggle Search issue on groups.. sorry

-- 
Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
Microsoft Small Business Specialist
World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz


"Russ (www.SBITS.Biz)" <support@REMOVETHIS.sbits.biz> wrote in message 
news:OkYZBYACJHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Yes this is the way it's meant to work
> Syncronization will not occure on Specific Database files
> .mdb is one of them
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252509
>
> When you attempt to make files or folders available offline, the following 
> error message may be displayed:
> Offline files (\\server\share): Unable to make file Filename available 
> offline on \\server\share. Files of this type cannot be made available 
> offline.
>
> CAUSE
> By default, files with the following extensions are excluded:
> .db?
> .ldb
> .mdb
> .mde
> .mdw
> .pst
> .slm
>
> RESOLUTION
> Microsoft does not recommend modifying the list of excluded files. See the 
> "More Information" section for more details.
> Back to the top
> STATUS
> This behavior is by design.
> Back to the top
>
> MORE INFORMATION
> Certain file types are excluded by default as a means to prevent file 
> conflicts and data loss. The mechanism that the Offline Files feature uses 
> is Client-Side Caching (CSC). CSC can recognize when synchronization 
> issues exist (for example, if the copy of a file on the server has been 
> modified since the last synchronization). In such a case, you can select 
> which version to use, but you cannot merge the contents.
>
> There may also be another synchronization mechanism that is typically used 
> for the file type. One such file type is .pst files. This type is included 
> in the list to prevent conflicts with the built-in offline and 
> synchronization features in Microsoft Outlook. The Offline Files feature 
> uses a replacement method of synchronization, so there is no way to merge 
> the two copies.
>
> You can modify the list of excluded extensions by editing the appropriate 
> Group Policy object (local, domain, organizational unit, and so on). For 
> example, to remove the .pst extension from the list of excluded files, 
> enable the following sample policy in Policy Editor:
> Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline 
> Files\Files not cached
> Then, type the following string in the Extensions box:
> *.slm;*.mdb;*.ldb;*.mdw;*.mde;*.db?
> Log off, and then log back on. This replaces the default list, preserving 
> all but the *.pst extension. You can use the same method for any of the 
> other extensions.
>
> =============
> If this is Outlook 2007
> have you thought about taking advantage of the shared Datbase with BCM
> and put the datbase on the server and you sharing it?
>
> Russ
>
> -- 
> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
> Microsoft Small Business Specialist
> World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz
>
>
> "Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote 
> in message news:u8EQWMACJHA.1632@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have a client with SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003. Whenever he logs off if 
>> his LAN workstation, he gets an error stating "Offline files 
>> (\\server\Users) Unable to make 'Contact Management database [1].MDB 
>> available offline on (UNC to his My Docs). Files of this type cannot be 
>> made available offline."
>>
>> As a side note, has anyone had trouble with Google Groups searches 
>> lately, say in the last week? I can search for items inside quotation 
>> marks such as "files of this type cannot be made available offline" and I 
>> get few hits, sometimes none. If I search without quotation marks, I get 
>> dozens of hits, and they show the EXACT text of what was in the quotation 
>> marks on the first searches.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Gregg Hill
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
8/27/2008 5:37:08 AM
Cool. Thank you. I guess I should have asked, "Can I move the MDB file so it 
does not try to got to the offline folders on the server at logoff?"

Gregg Hill


"Russ (www.SBITS.Biz)" <support@REMOVETHIS.sbits.biz> wrote in message 
news:ukMRzbACJHA.524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Sorry Glasses off (Didn't see the 2003)
> Upgrade to office 2007 and you can share the BCM database on the SBS 
> server
> Works Great
> Russ
> And no I haven't noticed a Goggle Search issue on groups.. sorry
>
> -- 
> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
> Microsoft Small Business Specialist
> World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz
>
>
> "Russ (www.SBITS.Biz)" <support@REMOVETHIS.sbits.biz> wrote in message 
> news:OkYZBYACJHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Yes this is the way it's meant to work
>> Syncronization will not occure on Specific Database files
>> .mdb is one of them
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252509
>>
>> When you attempt to make files or folders available offline, the 
>> following error message may be displayed:
>> Offline files (\\server\share): Unable to make file Filename available 
>> offline on \\server\share. Files of this type cannot be made available 
>> offline.
>>
>> CAUSE
>> By default, files with the following extensions are excluded:
>> .db?
>> .ldb
>> .mdb
>> .mde
>> .mdw
>> .pst
>> .slm
>>
>> RESOLUTION
>> Microsoft does not recommend modifying the list of excluded files. See 
>> the "More Information" section for more details.
>> Back to the top
>> STATUS
>> This behavior is by design.
>> Back to the top
>>
>> MORE INFORMATION
>> Certain file types are excluded by default as a means to prevent file 
>> conflicts and data loss. The mechanism that the Offline Files feature 
>> uses is Client-Side Caching (CSC). CSC can recognize when synchronization 
>> issues exist (for example, if the copy of a file on the server has been 
>> modified since the last synchronization). In such a case, you can select 
>> which version to use, but you cannot merge the contents.
>>
>> There may also be another synchronization mechanism that is typically 
>> used for the file type. One such file type is .pst files. This type is 
>> included in the list to prevent conflicts with the built-in offline and 
>> synchronization features in Microsoft Outlook. The Offline Files feature 
>> uses a replacement method of synchronization, so there is no way to merge 
>> the two copies.
>>
>> You can modify the list of excluded extensions by editing the appropriate 
>> Group Policy object (local, domain, organizational unit, and so on). For 
>> example, to remove the .pst extension from the list of excluded files, 
>> enable the following sample policy in Policy Editor:
>> Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline 
>> Files\Files not cached
>> Then, type the following string in the Extensions box:
>> *.slm;*.mdb;*.ldb;*.mdw;*.mde;*.db?
>> Log off, and then log back on. This replaces the default list, preserving 
>> all but the *.pst extension. You can use the same method for any of the 
>> other extensions.
>>
>> =============
>> If this is Outlook 2007
>> have you thought about taking advantage of the shared Datbase with BCM
>> and put the datbase on the server and you sharing it?
>>
>> Russ
>>
>> -- 
>> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
>> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
>> Microsoft Small Business Specialist
>> World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz
>>
>>
>> "Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote 
>> in message news:u8EQWMACJHA.1632@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I have a client with SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003. Whenever he logs off if 
>>> his LAN workstation, he gets an error stating "Offline files 
>>> (\\server\Users) Unable to make 'Contact Management database [1].MDB 
>>> available offline on (UNC to his My Docs). Files of this type cannot be 
>>> made available offline."
>>>
>>> As a side note, has anyone had trouble with Google Groups searches 
>>> lately, say in the last week? I can search for items inside quotation 
>>> marks such as "files of this type cannot be made available offline" and 
>>> I get few hits, sometimes none. If I search without quotation marks, I 
>>> get dozens of hits, and they show the EXACT text of what was in the 
>>> quotation marks on the first searches.
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> Gregg Hill
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Gregg
8/27/2008 6:07:35 AM
Seriously go to outlook2007 with BCM
you use the BCM Database Creator on any server
you add the users you want to share that database
and bingo you can share a database

because BCM in outlook 2003 was worthless if you had more than 1 user and 1 
PC :)

Russ

-- 
Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
Microsoft Small Business Specialist
World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz


"Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote in 
message news:%23V6h0sACJHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Cool. Thank you. I guess I should have asked, "Can I move the MDB file so 
> it does not try to got to the offline folders on the server at logoff?"
>
> Gregg Hill
>
>
> "Russ (www.SBITS.Biz)" <support@REMOVETHIS.sbits.biz> wrote in message 
> news:ukMRzbACJHA.524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Sorry Glasses off (Didn't see the 2003)
>> Upgrade to office 2007 and you can share the BCM database on the SBS 
>> server
>> Works Great
>> Russ
>> And no I haven't noticed a Goggle Search issue on groups.. sorry
>>
>> -- 
>> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
>> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
>> Microsoft Small Business Specialist
>> World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz
>>
>>
>> "Russ (www.SBITS.Biz)" <support@REMOVETHIS.sbits.biz> wrote in message 
>> news:OkYZBYACJHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Yes this is the way it's meant to work
>>> Syncronization will not occure on Specific Database files
>>> .mdb is one of them
>>>
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252509
>>>
>>> When you attempt to make files or folders available offline, the 
>>> following error message may be displayed:
>>> Offline files (\\server\share): Unable to make file Filename available 
>>> offline on \\server\share. Files of this type cannot be made available 
>>> offline.
>>>
>>> CAUSE
>>> By default, files with the following extensions are excluded:
>>> .db?
>>> .ldb
>>> .mdb
>>> .mde
>>> .mdw
>>> .pst
>>> .slm
>>>
>>> RESOLUTION
>>> Microsoft does not recommend modifying the list of excluded files. See 
>>> the "More Information" section for more details.
>>> Back to the top
>>> STATUS
>>> This behavior is by design.
>>> Back to the top
>>>
>>> MORE INFORMATION
>>> Certain file types are excluded by default as a means to prevent file 
>>> conflicts and data loss. The mechanism that the Offline Files feature 
>>> uses is Client-Side Caching (CSC). CSC can recognize when 
>>> synchronization issues exist (for example, if the copy of a file on the 
>>> server has been modified since the last synchronization). In such a 
>>> case, you can select which version to use, but you cannot merge the 
>>> contents.
>>>
>>> There may also be another synchronization mechanism that is typically 
>>> used for the file type. One such file type is .pst files. This type is 
>>> included in the list to prevent conflicts with the built-in offline and 
>>> synchronization features in Microsoft Outlook. The Offline Files feature 
>>> uses a replacement method of synchronization, so there is no way to 
>>> merge the two copies.
>>>
>>> You can modify the list of excluded extensions by editing the 
>>> appropriate Group Policy object (local, domain, organizational unit, and 
>>> so on). For example, to remove the .pst extension from the list of 
>>> excluded files, enable the following sample policy in Policy Editor:
>>> Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline 
>>> Files\Files not cached
>>> Then, type the following string in the Extensions box:
>>> *.slm;*.mdb;*.ldb;*.mdw;*.mde;*.db?
>>> Log off, and then log back on. This replaces the default list, 
>>> preserving all but the *.pst extension. You can use the same method for 
>>> any of the other extensions.
>>>
>>> =============
>>> If this is Outlook 2007
>>> have you thought about taking advantage of the shared Datbase with BCM
>>> and put the datbase on the server and you sharing it?
>>>
>>> Russ
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
>>> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
>>> Microsoft Small Business Specialist
>>> World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz
>>>
>>>
>>> "Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> 
>>> wrote in message news:u8EQWMACJHA.1632@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hello!
>>>>
>>>> I have a client with SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003. Whenever he logs off if 
>>>> his LAN workstation, he gets an error stating "Offline files 
>>>> (\\server\Users) Unable to make 'Contact Management database [1].MDB 
>>>> available offline on (UNC to his My Docs). Files of this type cannot be 
>>>> made available offline."
>>>>
>>>> As a side note, has anyone had trouble with Google Groups searches 
>>>> lately, say in the last week? I can search for items inside quotation 
>>>> marks such as "files of this type cannot be made available offline" and 
>>>> I get few hits, sometimes none. If I search without quotation marks, I 
>>>> get dozens of hits, and they show the EXACT text of what was in the 
>>>> quotation marks on the first searches.
>>>>
>>>> Thank you!
>>>>
>>>> Gregg Hill
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
8/27/2008 6:22:22 AM
No can do for this client. They need Office Pro 2003 due to an Access 
database that does not open properly with Access 2007. I do not know Access 
to even attempt to fix that problem, and the person who set up the database 
vaporized long ago.

Gregg Hill



"Russ (www.SBITS.Biz)" <support@REMOVETHIS.sbits.biz> wrote in message 
news:eKv7E1ACJHA.4700@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Seriously go to outlook2007 with BCM
> you use the BCM Database Creator on any server
> you add the users you want to share that database
> and bingo you can share a database
>
> because BCM in outlook 2003 was worthless if you had more than 1 user and 
> 1 PC :)
>
> Russ
>
> -- 
> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
> Microsoft Small Business Specialist
> World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz
>
>
> "Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote 
> in message news:%23V6h0sACJHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Cool. Thank you. I guess I should have asked, "Can I move the MDB file so 
>> it does not try to got to the offline folders on the server at logoff?"
>>
>> Gregg Hill
>>
>>
>> "Russ (www.SBITS.Biz)" <support@REMOVETHIS.sbits.biz> wrote in message 
>> news:ukMRzbACJHA.524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Sorry Glasses off (Didn't see the 2003)
>>> Upgrade to office 2007 and you can share the BCM database on the SBS 
>>> server
>>> Works Great
>>> Russ
>>> And no I haven't noticed a Goggle Search issue on groups.. sorry
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
>>> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
>>> Microsoft Small Business Specialist
>>> World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz
>>>
>>>
>>> "Russ (www.SBITS.Biz)" <support@REMOVETHIS.sbits.biz> wrote in message 
>>> news:OkYZBYACJHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> Yes this is the way it's meant to work
>>>> Syncronization will not occure on Specific Database files
>>>> .mdb is one of them
>>>>
>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252509
>>>>
>>>> When you attempt to make files or folders available offline, the 
>>>> following error message may be displayed:
>>>> Offline files (\\server\share): Unable to make file Filename available 
>>>> offline on \\server\share. Files of this type cannot be made available 
>>>> offline.
>>>>
>>>> CAUSE
>>>> By default, files with the following extensions are excluded:
>>>> .db?
>>>> .ldb
>>>> .mdb
>>>> .mde
>>>> .mdw
>>>> .pst
>>>> .slm
>>>>
>>>> RESOLUTION
>>>> Microsoft does not recommend modifying the list of excluded files. See 
>>>> the "More Information" section for more details.
>>>> Back to the top
>>>> STATUS
>>>> This behavior is by design.
>>>> Back to the top
>>>>
>>>> MORE INFORMATION
>>>> Certain file types are excluded by default as a means to prevent file 
>>>> conflicts and data loss. The mechanism that the Offline Files feature 
>>>> uses is Client-Side Caching (CSC). CSC can recognize when 
>>>> synchronization issues exist (for example, if the copy of a file on the 
>>>> server has been modified since the last synchronization). In such a 
>>>> case, you can select which version to use, but you cannot merge the 
>>>> contents.
>>>>
>>>> There may also be another synchronization mechanism that is typically 
>>>> used for the file type. One such file type is .pst files. This type is 
>>>> included in the list to prevent conflicts with the built-in offline and 
>>>> synchronization features in Microsoft Outlook. The Offline Files 
>>>> feature uses a replacement method of synchronization, so there is no 
>>>> way to merge the two copies.
>>>>
>>>> You can modify the list of excluded extensions by editing the 
>>>> appropriate Group Policy object (local, domain, organizational unit, 
>>>> and so on). For example, to remove the .pst extension from the list of 
>>>> excluded files, enable the following sample policy in Policy Editor:
>>>> Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline 
>>>> Files\Files not cached
>>>> Then, type the following string in the Extensions box:
>>>> *.slm;*.mdb;*.ldb;*.mdw;*.mde;*.db?
>>>> Log off, and then log back on. This replaces the default list, 
>>>> preserving all but the *.pst extension. You can use the same method for 
>>>> any of the other extensions.
>>>>
>>>> =============
>>>> If this is Outlook 2007
>>>> have you thought about taking advantage of the shared Datbase with BCM
>>>> and put the datbase on the server and you sharing it?
>>>>
>>>> Russ
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
>>>> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
>>>> Microsoft Small Business Specialist
>>>> World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> 
>>>> wrote in message news:u8EQWMACJHA.1632@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Hello!
>>>>>
>>>>> I have a client with SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003. Whenever he logs off 
>>>>> if his LAN workstation, he gets an error stating "Offline files 
>>>>> (\\server\Users) Unable to make 'Contact Management database [1].MDB 
>>>>> available offline on (UNC to his My Docs). Files of this type cannot 
>>>>> be made available offline."
>>>>>
>>>>> As a side note, has anyone had trouble with Google Groups searches 
>>>>> lately, say in the last week? I can search for items inside quotation 
>>>>> marks such as "files of this type cannot be made available offline" 
>>>>> and I get few hits, sometimes none. If I search without quotation 
>>>>> marks, I get dozens of hits, and they show the EXACT text of what was 
>>>>> in the quotation marks on the first searches.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thank you!
>>>>>
>>>>> Gregg Hill
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Gregg
8/27/2008 7:01:09 AM
Seriously you should find someone that's a access guru
If not for this project
but in case you need someone in an Event!

Russ

-- 
Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
Microsoft Small Business Specialist
World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz


"Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote in 
message news:%23bEwvKBCJHA.4816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> No can do for this client. They need Office Pro 2003 due to an Access 
> database that does not open properly with Access 2007. I do not know 
> Access to even attempt to fix that problem, and the person who set up the 
> database vaporized long ago.
>
> Gregg Hill
>
>
>
> "Russ (www.SBITS.Biz)" <support@REMOVETHIS.sbits.biz> wrote in message 
> news:eKv7E1ACJHA.4700@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Seriously go to outlook2007 with BCM
>> you use the BCM Database Creator on any server
>> you add the users you want to share that database
>> and bingo you can share a database
>>
>> because BCM in outlook 2003 was worthless if you had more than 1 user and 
>> 1 PC :)
>>
>> Russ
>>
>> -- 
>> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
>> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
>> Microsoft Small Business Specialist
>> World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz
>>
>>
>> "Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote 
>> in message news:%23V6h0sACJHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Cool. Thank you. I guess I should have asked, "Can I move the MDB file 
>>> so it does not try to got to the offline folders on the server at 
>>> logoff?"
>>>
>>> Gregg Hill
>>>
>>>
>>> "Russ (www.SBITS.Biz)" <support@REMOVETHIS.sbits.biz> wrote in message 
>>> news:ukMRzbACJHA.524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>> Sorry Glasses off (Didn't see the 2003)
>>>> Upgrade to office 2007 and you can share the BCM database on the SBS 
>>>> server
>>>> Works Great
>>>> Russ
>>>> And no I haven't noticed a Goggle Search issue on groups.. sorry
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
>>>> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
>>>> Microsoft Small Business Specialist
>>>> World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Russ (www.SBITS.Biz)" <support@REMOVETHIS.sbits.biz> wrote in message 
>>>> news:OkYZBYACJHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Yes this is the way it's meant to work
>>>>> Syncronization will not occure on Specific Database files
>>>>> .mdb is one of them
>>>>>
>>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252509
>>>>>
>>>>> When you attempt to make files or folders available offline, the 
>>>>> following error message may be displayed:
>>>>> Offline files (\\server\share): Unable to make file Filename available 
>>>>> offline on \\server\share. Files of this type cannot be made available 
>>>>> offline.
>>>>>
>>>>> CAUSE
>>>>> By default, files with the following extensions are excluded:
>>>>> .db?
>>>>> .ldb
>>>>> .mdb
>>>>> .mde
>>>>> .mdw
>>>>> .pst
>>>>> .slm
>>>>>
>>>>> RESOLUTION
>>>>> Microsoft does not recommend modifying the list of excluded files. See 
>>>>> the "More Information" section for more details.
>>>>> Back to the top
>>>>> STATUS
>>>>> This behavior is by design.
>>>>> Back to the top
>>>>>
>>>>> MORE INFORMATION
>>>>> Certain file types are excluded by default as a means to prevent file 
>>>>> conflicts and data loss. The mechanism that the Offline Files feature 
>>>>> uses is Client-Side Caching (CSC). CSC can recognize when 
>>>>> synchronization issues exist (for example, if the copy of a file on 
>>>>> the server has been modified since the last synchronization). In such 
>>>>> a case, you can select which version to use, but you cannot merge the 
>>>>> contents.
>>>>>
>>>>> There may also be another synchronization mechanism that is typically 
>>>>> used for the file type. One such file type is .pst files. This type is 
>>>>> included in the list to prevent conflicts with the built-in offline 
>>>>> and synchronization features in Microsoft Outlook. The Offline Files 
>>>>> feature uses a replacement method of synchronization, so there is no 
>>>>> way to merge the two copies.
>>>>>
>>>>> You can modify the list of excluded extensions by editing the 
>>>>> appropriate Group Policy object (local, domain, organizational unit, 
>>>>> and so on). For example, to remove the .pst extension from the list of 
>>>>> excluded files, enable the following sample policy in Policy Editor:
>>>>> Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline 
>>>>> Files\Files not cached
>>>>> Then, type the following string in the Extensions box:
>>>>> *.slm;*.mdb;*.ldb;*.mdw;*.mde;*.db?
>>>>> Log off, and then log back on. This replaces the default list, 
>>>>> preserving all but the *.pst extension. You can use the same method 
>>>>> for any of the other extensions.
>>>>>
>>>>> =============
>>>>> If this is Outlook 2007
>>>>> have you thought about taking advantage of the shared Datbase with BCM
>>>>> and put the datbase on the server and you sharing it?
>>>>>
>>>>> Russ
>>>>>
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
>>>>> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
>>>>> Microsoft Small Business Specialist
>>>>> World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> 
>>>>> wrote in message news:u8EQWMACJHA.1632@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>>>> Hello!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I have a client with SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003. Whenever he logs off 
>>>>>> if his LAN workstation, he gets an error stating "Offline files 
>>>>>> (\\server\Users) Unable to make 'Contact Management database [1].MDB 
>>>>>> available offline on (UNC to his My Docs). Files of this type cannot 
>>>>>> be made available offline."
>>>>>>
>>>>>> As a side note, has anyone had trouble with Google Groups searches 
>>>>>> lately, say in the last week? I can search for items inside quotation 
>>>>>> marks such as "files of this type cannot be made available offline" 
>>>>>> and I get few hits, sometimes none. If I search without quotation 
>>>>>> marks, I get dozens of hits, and they show the EXACT text of what was 
>>>>>> in the quotation marks on the first searches.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thank you!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Gregg Hill
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
8/27/2008 7:47:51 AM
Hi Gregg,

You can install Outlook 2007 without installing Access 2007.

Equally, you can install the Access 2003 runtime to run the legacy app and 
then install Access 2007.
Thinking about it (but not being an Office 2007 expert) I cannot see any 
reason why you couldn't have Access 2003 & Access 2007 installed 
concurrently.  I currently have Access 2000 & 2002 installed.

-- 

David Olsen
www.powerbits.com.au

"Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote in 
message news:%23bEwvKBCJHA.4816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> No can do for this client. They need Office Pro 2003 due to an Access 
> database that does not open properly with Access 2007. I do not know 
> Access to even attempt to fix that problem, and the person who set up the 
> database vaporized long ago.
>
> Gregg Hill
>
>
>
> "Russ (www.SBITS.Biz)" <support@REMOVETHIS.sbits.biz> wrote in message 
> news:eKv7E1ACJHA.4700@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Seriously go to outlook2007 with BCM
>> you use the BCM Database Creator on any server
>> you add the users you want to share that database
>> and bingo you can share a database
>>
>> because BCM in outlook 2003 was worthless if you had more than 1 user and 
>> 1 PC :)
>>
>> Russ
>>
>> -- 
>> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
>> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
>> Microsoft Small Business Specialist
>> World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz
>>
>>
>> "Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote 
>> in message news:%23V6h0sACJHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Cool. Thank you. I guess I should have asked, "Can I move the MDB file 
>>> so it does not try to got to the offline folders on the server at 
>>> logoff?"
>>>
>>> Gregg Hill
>>>
>>>
>>> "Russ (www.SBITS.Biz)" <support@REMOVETHIS.sbits.biz> wrote in message 
>>> news:ukMRzbACJHA.524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>> Sorry Glasses off (Didn't see the 2003)
>>>> Upgrade to office 2007 and you can share the BCM database on the SBS 
>>>> server
>>>> Works Great
>>>> Russ
>>>> And no I haven't noticed a Goggle Search issue on groups.. sorry
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
>>>> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
>>>> Microsoft Small Business Specialist
>>>> World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Russ (www.SBITS.Biz)" <support@REMOVETHIS.sbits.biz> wrote in message 
>>>> news:OkYZBYACJHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Yes this is the way it's meant to work
>>>>> Syncronization will not occure on Specific Database files
>>>>> .mdb is one of them
>>>>>
>>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252509
>>>>>
>>>>> When you attempt to make files or folders available offline, the 
>>>>> following error message may be displayed:
>>>>> Offline files (\\server\share): Unable to make file Filename available 
>>>>> offline on \\server\share. Files of this type cannot be made available 
>>>>> offline.
>>>>>
>>>>> CAUSE
>>>>> By default, files with the following extensions are excluded:
>>>>> .db?
>>>>> .ldb
>>>>> .mdb
>>>>> .mde
>>>>> .mdw
>>>>> .pst
>>>>> .slm
>>>>>
>>>>> RESOLUTION
>>>>> Microsoft does not recommend modifying the list of excluded files. See 
>>>>> the "More Information" section for more details.
>>>>> Back to the top
>>>>> STATUS
>>>>> This behavior is by design.
>>>>> Back to the top
>>>>>
>>>>> MORE INFORMATION
>>>>> Certain file types are excluded by default as a means to prevent file 
>>>>> conflicts and data loss. The mechanism that the Offline Files feature 
>>>>> uses is Client-Side Caching (CSC). CSC can recognize when 
>>>>> synchronization issues exist (for example, if the copy of a file on 
>>>>> the server has been modified since the last synchronization). In such 
>>>>> a case, you can select which version to use, but you cannot merge the 
>>>>> contents.
>>>>>
>>>>> There may also be another synchronization mechanism that is typically 
>>>>> used for the file type. One such file type is .pst files. This type is 
>>>>> included in the list to prevent conflicts with the built-in offline 
>>>>> and synchronization features in Microsoft Outlook. The Offline Files 
>>>>> feature uses a replacement method of synchronization, so there is no 
>>>>> way to merge the two copies.
>>>>>
>>>>> You can modify the list of excluded extensions by editing the 
>>>>> appropriate Group Policy object (local, domain, organizational unit, 
>>>>> and so on). For example, to remove the .pst extension from the list of 
>>>>> excluded files, enable the following sample policy in Policy Editor:
>>>>> Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline 
>>>>> Files\Files not cached
>>>>> Then, type the following string in the Extensions box:
>>>>> *.slm;*.mdb;*.ldb;*.mdw;*.mde;*.db?
>>>>> Log off, and then log back on. This replaces the default list, 
>>>>> preserving all but the *.pst extension. You can use the same method 
>>>>> for any of the other extensions.
>>>>>
>>>>> =============
>>>>> If this is Outlook 2007
>>>>> have you thought about taking advantage of the shared Datbase with BCM
>>>>> and put the datbase on the server and you sharing it?
>>>>>
>>>>> Russ
>>>>>
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz
>>>>> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
>>>>> Microsoft Small Business Specialist
>>>>> World Wide Remote SBS2003 Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> 
>>>>> wrote in message news:u8EQWMACJHA.1632@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>>>> Hello!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I have a client with SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003. Whenever he logs off 
>>>>>> if his LAN workstation, he gets an error stating "Offline files 
>>>>>> (\\server\Users) Unable to make 'Contact Management database [1].MDB 
>>>>>> available offline on (UNC to his My Docs). Files of this type cannot 
>>>>>> be made available offline."
>>>>>>
>>>>>> As a side note, has anyone had trouble with Google Groups searches 
>>>>>> lately, say in the last week? I can search for items inside quotation 
>>>>>> marks such as "files of this type cannot be made available offline" 
>>>>>> and I get few hits, sometimes none. If I search without quotation 
>>>>>> marks, I get dozens of hits, and they show the EXACT text of what was 
>>>>>> in the quotation marks on the first searches.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thank you!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Gregg Hill
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
8/27/2008 7:58:49 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Integration of Java application with Microsoft Outlook 2003
hi, I need to interface my Java application with Microsoft Outlook 2003. I need a set of PIs for that. Can anyobdy guide me in this context? thanx. mulayarvind <arvind.mulay@gmail.com> wrote: > I need to interface my Java application with Microsoft Outlook 2003. I > need a set of PIs for that. Can anyobdy guide me in this context? Try asking in the programming group news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba or the interoperations group news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.interop -- Brian Tillman ...

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k
What's this mean and how to fix? in error dialogue box: "c:\program~1\micro~2 \office\outlook.exe" Abnormal program termination ...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2
I get this message when I look in System information. Outlook keeps crashing quite often. I cannot for example delete two messages without outlook crashing. My colleagues do not have this problem. We are using the Microsoft mail exhange server. Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module mso.dll, version 11.0.5606.0, stamp 3f334cce, debug? 0, fault address 0x003b6e16. Does anyone has a solution?=20 Best regards/ Bj=F6rn 1) I would definitely apply Service Pack 2for Office 2003 + applicable critical security updates. 2) Have you tried starting O...

Password Issue with MS Money 2003
Hello, I am not familiar with newsgroups but I hope it is a forum to seek assistance. I am unable to reach MS support via email from my home computer on this issue. My Money 2003 requires a net passport password to open my account in Money that I have successfully accessed for approximately 12 months. It does not recognize my password now. I have attempted several times with my existing password, changed my net passport password, even uninstalled and re- installed MS Money 2003 to gain access to my account. Nothing has worked. Each time it states I have failed to enter the corr...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work
I've installed my Outlook 2002 on my new Vista PC (I had Xp before). Now when I start Outlook it says "requires Outlook Express 4.01 or greater". I've been looking for Outlook Express to download and install but no joy. No CD came with my new Vista PC. Any ideas, short of buying a more modern Outlook? Vista doesn't actually support Outlook 2002 or older. Outlook Express is part of Internet Explorer but with the advent of Vista, it was switched to Windows Mail. There is no more Outlook Express. You could attempt however to create a profile using workgroup or c...

Exchange 2003 new install can not receive external email.
I have just setup a new Windows Server 2003 standard edition with Exchange 2003 standard edition on it. I have been working for a while trying to get it to receive external email. I can send out and send/ receive internal messages, but when someone trys to send me a message from outside our network they get the following returned mail message This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason: Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server. The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each recipient was rejected. Recipient: <**...

MS Money 95 data files
I hope that some one can answer this for me. I have used MS Money 95 for years, and it works just fine for me on Windows XP, however, I now have to reformat my hard drive, and have discovered that I can nolonger find my original install disk. Will the latest versions of Money still read the MS Money 95 data files. All that I have ever used the program for is to track my investments, and am unlikely to do any different in the future. Thanks Stan B In microsoft.public.money, Stan Banner wrote: >I hope that some one can answer this for me. >I have used MS Money 95 for years, and...

"The connection to the Exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action"
I have setup a number of user accounts and the relative mailboxes without any problem. However, since this afternoon, if I try and connect to a newly mailbox through the email accounts wizard I get the following error message: "The connection to the Exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". This also occurs when I go to File>Open>Other User's Folder... and I try and lookup an existing account/mailbox that I know I have permission to. I know Outlook is connected to the Exchange server (I can ping, send and receive emails) ...

Transferring over outlook data to new XP machine
How do I transfer over my old emails, address book to my new XP machine? I have looked over the internet and found nothing the tells me EXACTLY how to do this, any help would be greatly appreciated. senior_tech@yahoo.com If your using MS Outlook copy your .PST file across and import it into the new install. >If your using MS Outlook copy your .PST file across and import it into the new install. No, don't import it. Simply use "File">"Open" -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the nam...

multiple Domain name delivery problem
hi, I currently have Exchange Server 2003 Build 7638:2 SP2,. We have multiple domain names being delivered to the exchange store. I have nothad any problems, but i currently have one user that is not receiving emails with attachments from one certain "internet" sender to one of her email addresses, but the other address works fine & if they send emails without attachments, everything works fine from either address. I have had the user send them message with attachments to me & the user with the problem & i get the message, but not the other user! I even use message...

Crash on 'Send"
My wife's Intel Celeron running ME started having this problem sporadically - now constantly. Outlook 2000 receives OK - everything seems fine until you hit the 'Send' button then Outlook crashes giving an error message that says 'Outlook has caused an error in <unknown> and has to shut down. If the problem persists you may have to restart your computer.' Re-starting however has no effect. I have re-installed Office. Used 'Detect & Repair' under the 'Help' tab, and installed all patches/updates from the Office site. But this error continues, now...

Exchange update problem
I have tried to upgrade exch2k3 sp1 to sp2, but the update fails with "the file pcproxy.dll is in use, and setup cannot identify the app or srvc. setup cannot continue" Any clues/ideas/suggestions? Please. -- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended for the named addressee only and may not ...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"
Hi, We are testing Outlook 2003 at our office now and there is one very frustrating "feature" that is bugging all of us. When we create a new e-mail message and type in the first name of a person from the global address book and hit ctrl- k to check the name...we get a response that Outlook doesn't recognize the name and there are "no suggestions". The only way Check Name will successfully resolve the name is if we type it last name first (ie, Gates, Bill). This was not the case in Office XP or Outlook 2000. You could search by first name (or partial first name)...

docmd.transfertext problem
Hi, I am using access 97 and tried to import a csv file to the mdb table. I run a code as following: DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "Specification4", "input", DEFAULT_PATH & "online.txt", 1 In online.txt, there is a field which is 10 digit number and I specified it as a double datatype in the specification4. After the import, I found out that the 10 digit number data in the field get empty in the destined table while other fields are all right. Therefore I import manually using specification4 instead of running code. This time the 1...

SQL deadlock problem
I am currently having a big issue with sql deadlocking on the PrincipalObjectAccess table. The last few months I have been working on a synchronization process using a Biztalk orchestration. The sync uses the crm webservices to create and update account and contact records in CRM. But now deployment to the production environment gives me some problems. It seems that when trying to update account records (which is one of the first actions in the sync process) the webservice gives me Generic SQL errors and SQL timeouts. After extensive profiling and tracing in SQL I found that there are...

Install Exchange 2003 Server on new Hardware with same name
I got a new server to move my Exchange Server Installation. I want to keep the name I'm using now for my Server. Already read TechNet Article "How to Move Exchange Server 2003 to New Hardware and Keep the Same Server Name". Is there anything else that I should be aware of that is not on this TechNet article? I'm using a different Disk Configuration, does this matters? Should this be a smooth process? Thanks for any help you can give. The drive letters MUST match, because the paths of the databases are at the Active Directory. The disks can have different sizes than the or...

Reminders in Outlook
Since upgrading to Great Plains 9.0, several users are not getting their appointment reminders in Outlook 2003. They all show up at once after rebooting computer. Outlook settings are set appropriately. Any ideas? -- Steve ...

Addressing within Exchange 2003
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2. We setup an MX record for a external email(alumni.cup.edu) these mailboxes do not exist within our exchange org. But when we send email to these externals email mailboxes we are getting the following NDRs: #5.5.0 smtp;550 Mailbox unavailable. #5.4.0 Is there a way in exchange to ignore these email address so that we don't get the NDR from within our Exchange Org? On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:08:02 -0700, Sabo, Eric <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote: >We are running Exchange 2003 SP2. We setup an MX record for a external >email(alumni.cup.edu...

how do i add "Software Digrams" Folder in my Visio 2003
how do i add software diags folder in visio 2003 version. Like if i go to File->New it shows folders like brainstorming, project schedule, block diagrams but in my case its missing the Software Diags folder which contains activity diags, web mock ups, use case diags etc. please let me know how to get that template. thanks. Ankur What edition of Visio are you using? Check by going to the About Microsoft Office Visio dialog from the Help menu. "Ankur" <Ankur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0D10BF0-A059-4A9C-B615-B99F3916F4E5@microsoft.com... > how...

Drag and Drop file/directory names on Tree Control.
hi, I am writing an application in which i have one Tree control. Now i want that , when user drag & drop any file/folder on tree control the file name/folder name should be add in the tree control item. User may drag and drop file from desktop or may be from directory. I just want the path of that file/foder name nothing else. so plz tell me will it be possible ... Plz Help me............. Klic..... > I am writing an application in which i have one Tree control. >Now i want that , when user drag & drop any file/folder on tree >control the file nam...

Outlook default to paragraph
To whom ever can help, > > When using Microsoft Outlook, and starting a new E- Mail, The default > format is to "paragraph" which double spaces. Is there anyway to > select under a New Message, Format, Style, "Normal" as the default? > > Thank you in advance > > Dave daveandivy@netidea.com >-----Original Message----- >To whom ever can help, >> >> When using Microsoft Outlook, and starting a new E- >Mail, The default >> format is to "paragraph" which double spaces. Is there >anyway to >> select unde...

Offline defragmentation for Priv1
Hello, I have an Exchange 2000 standard server running for a long time. Now the priv1.edb is over 12GB. I have to move mailboxes from priv1 to other storage groups. After the movement, the priv1 has a lot of free space inside the database. I want to have an offline defragmentation to reduce the file so that the backup window can be shorter. I know there are some Exchange service accounts like Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector, SMTP, System Attendant, SystemMailbox, etc. are stored in the priv1 database. When I dismount the priv1 for the offline deframentation, does the Exchange ...

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away
I don't know how I turned this on so I don't know how to turn it off. It splits my emails so that I can only type so far over before it kicks me back to the left margin and makes me start a new line. Can anyone help me? ...

[Exchange 2003] Mail enabled public folder and sender address
I have a Windows 2003 domain with a native mode Exchange 2003 organization; there are some mail enabled public folders. When a user replies to a message in a public folder, the outgoing mail's sender address is the user's one; I want it to be the public folder's one, or at least I'd like the "reply-to" address to be set to the public folder's. How can I accomplish this? Thanks Massimo You would need to grant the user permissions to be able to Send As the public folder. By default, when you reply to a message that is in a PF, the PF is not composing the ...

cant start outlook pst file to large
Hi I hope somebody may be able to help im new to outlook and now I cant start outlook message says cannot open your default email folders pst file its too large as I cannot open outlook I cannot delete old folders See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296088 -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3B824DC-3C9B-4B1B-8EF3-61...