Problem with "New Message to Contact"

I've created an Exchange public folder, which contains 50
contact folders.  (This allows us to allow different
regions access to just their customers.)

I want to send a mail message to a group of customers.  So
I highlight all the contacts with e-mail addresses, go to
the Actions menu and choose "New Message to Contact".

I get the following error: "You do not have the permission
to send the message on behalf of the specified user."

I am the owner of the folder!  This method works in a
different Exchange public folder, just not in our customer
folders.  It doesn't matter if I have just one name
selected, I get the same error.

The only difference (that I'm aware of) between the two
folders is that the folder that works was created by
importing names into a PST and then copying the contents
of the PST to the public folder.  Changes are made
manually.  The folder that doesn't work has names imported
into it using a VB program.

Can anyone give any light on this problem?

Display As field causing problems with New Message to Contact func
I am new to Outlook 2007. I am trying to use the New Message to Contact tool but I keep getting a message stating that the contact does not have a valid email address even though the address is indeed valid. I learned that if I delete the contents of the Display As field and allow Outlook to fill the field automatically, the problem is resolved. I do not want to have to do this for each and every contact in order to use this feature. Are you aware of a fix for this problem? jessbcr <jessbcr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am new to Outlook 2007. I am trying to use t...

Problem with "New Message to Contact"
I've created an Exchange public folder, which contains 50 contact folders. (This allows us to allow different regions access to just their customers.) I want to send a mail message to a group of customers. So I highlight all the contacts with e-mail addresses, go to the Actions menu and choose "New Message to Contact". I get the following error: "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user." I am the owner of the folder! This method works in a different Exchange public folder, just not in our customer folders. It does...

New Message to Contacts error "Operation Failed"
In an effort to find a *reliable* mechanism for sending mass email, we have migrated from the use of Folders, to Distribution Lists, to (finally) "Categories". This seems to be the natural migration as limitations and/or buginess was discovered in the preceeding mechanisms. Still not reliable it seems. We have a Public Folder of Contacts for which we maintain Category membership. When we want to email to a group of people, we select the Category, then pull down Actions, New Message to Contact. We get the normal warning "Not all contacts have email addresses&...