problem with distribution list name

I have a distribution list named Service Electricians.  I am unable to use
this list as it always returns an error message - "an unexpected error has
occurred".  Someone else in my organization set up the exact same
distribution list with the same name and it works fine.  If I change the name
of the list to say "Service Electricians1" it will work with no problems.
Any ideas as to why one distribution list will work and the other will not?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance
0
PrintIT (1)

DL's are very fragile and very unreliable. They never work for very long.
Why not just rename it and be done with it? At least you found a way to make
yours work again. Most of us have to recreate them from scratch.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"PrintIT" <PrintIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a distribution list named Service Electricians.  I am unable to use
> this list as it always returns an error message - "an unexpected error has
> occurred".  Someone else in my organization set up the exact same
> distribution list with the same name and it works fine.  If I change the
> name
> of the list to say "Service Electricians1" it will work with no problems.
> Any ideas as to why one distribution list will work and the other will
> not?
> Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance

0
russval (3097)

Microsoft Money 2003
I have been using Microsoft Money 2003 almost every day for years without problem until this weekend. Like others, I was locked out of my file and receive the message: “The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file.” I have tried restoring from the backup, but this gave the same error. I have tried the procedure suggested at: Article ID: 902466 but this requires a password to repair the file and so is useless in this case. I have tried everything at: Article ID: 891338 without success. I see that back in 2004, PC World published an article about when all users ...

two mail accounts one uses spf problem
I have two email accounts I check with Outlook. One is a DSL account at home and the other a work email account. My work email changed mail servers to one that uses the SPF extensions. This included changing our email account settings accordingly. When I changed the work email settings on the home machine the home account stopped working (Receiving error, pop server timing out). At work (connected to the work Ethernet connection not my DSL connection) both accounts work fine. I tried deleting the work account on the home machine in Outlook but the home email still does not work. I checked eve...

Problem: "Debug Assertion Failed"?
After adding some code to a project and some controls to a dialog in the project, when I run the program I get the following error dialog: Debug Assertion Failed! Program: {path to my program executable and executable name} File: afxwin2.inl Line: 590 followed by an application error dialog. I am not using asserts in my code and when I remove conrols from the dialog, the line number changes. Any idea what might be causing this or where to look for a cause? Is there a limit to the number of controls on a dialog? (There are about 150 on this one. It is a data readout dialog for a piece ...

how to show addresses, not names in to field
i have outlook 2000, Windows XP-Pro. i just want to have the e-mail addresses from my Contacts show in the "TO" field as e-mail addresses, NOT their names. this is help/about/line 2 "Internet Mail Only - Security Update" PLEASE help THANKS! Read the responses to all your other posts. The answer is still no. IMO provides no access to the Display Name field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "outlook victim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bbe01c425b5$5fde29c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > i have outlook 2000, Windows XP-Pro. > i...

Still having Outlook performance problems
I need some help to speed up my Outlook 2002 SP 2 program. When I navigate around within Outlook, there seems to be a 5 second delay for everything. My account was over 700megs but I cleaned it up to under 60 megs thinking that would help and nothing changed. "Enable Instant Messaging in Microsoft Outlook" is not selected. Help, Donny ? >-----Original Message----- >I need some help to speed up my Outlook 2002 SP 2 >program. When I navigate around within Outlook, there >seems to be a 5 second delay for everything. My account >was over 700megs but I cleaned it...

my name appears instead of the sender's, but only in my inbox
I have Outlook 2003 and all of a sudden, any incoming email that enters my Inbox, displays only who the email is to (usually me) instead of who it's from. For example: if I receive an email from my friend Tim Highfield, in the Inbox column, there should be a message header which has the envelope icon and "Tim Highfield" next to it, with the subject underneath, and the date on the far right. But instead of "Tim Highfield", my name appears instead! Or more precisely, the name of the person Tim sent it to, namely me. But what is equally weird is that when I move the...

Refreshing tab problem
Hi to all, I do not know if anyone can help me on this one. I have a form that contains a tab control with 15 tabs on it, tab 1 contains approx 120 fields, half of them are calulated fields that are being updated on the current event of the form thru a private sub. On the tab control, I have 6 page with 1 subfrm on it, 2 pages with 4, 1 page with either 6,7 or 9 subfrm, very few subs are failry complex but most of them contains less than 25 controls on them. Loading the main form that have the tab control takes less than 1 sec. The pages are program to be loaded on a per demand...

Smart List export to Excel #2
Hi, We are using Dynamics 9.0 and Office 2003. When we try to do a Smart List export to Excel, we keep getting an "Exception_Class_Object_Exception" that references varying object errors, such as 'Cells' or 'Value'; the object errors will change each time we try an export. As a workaround, I've found that closing Excel before doing the export allows the export to complete successfully. However, that solution isn't acceptable, as our Dynamics users would like to be able to work in Excel, doing other tasks, while the export is processing. Does anyone...

Strange Problem in Inventory
I post this message every couple of months in hope that someone new will see it or someone else has ran into the issue. Tech support has not been able to find a solution for it yet. When we receive items and receive more than the Purchase order was for the item's on order quantity changes to a negative amount that equals the over received amount. In our industry it is common practice to allow over or under 10% variance in quantities shipped so this is a large problem for us weekly as it throws off the PO generator when it is ran. The only thing that fixes the issue is to run reconci...

Problem importing customization in virtual machine
Hi there I have a serious problem when it try to import a customization xml to a test environment of crm 3.0. The file has a normal size and is exportet from an nearly identical system whit very few and harmless difference. The upload of the file is no problem and alle the entities are displayed. When i to import all the customization or even a single entity the process starts and it seems to work fine. But it will never come to an end. Even if I way some 24 hour as I did the process will never be finished. When I look at the eventlog i have the following message appearing every 5-10 m...

i meet a problem that how can i free the object .
I am programming a OPC client to get data from OPC Server. i meet a problem that how can i free the object . Firstly i create connectionpoint, then i release connection. --------------------------------------------------------------- create program list: IConnectionPoint* pConnectionPoint; IUnknown* ppUnk = NULL ; hResult = pGRPCPC->FindConnectionPoint(IID_IOPCDataCallback,&pConnectionPoint); CDataCallbackSink* pDataCallbackSink=new CDataCallbackSink ; pDataCallbackSink->pDoc = m_pOPCDoc ; pDataCallbackSink->ExternalQueryInterface(&IID_IUnknown,(void**)&ppUnk); DW...

How to access a category name and code from vbscript
I am modifying the lineitem.html for the status bar in Store operation. I want to ask how can i access the category name and code for each item, i only can find a categoryid function, which is in the TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, but can not access the name and code for the category Raemond, You will need to retrieve the name and code via SQL using the ID: resultSet=QSRules.OpenRecordset("SELECT Name, Code FROM Category WHERE ID=" & TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, true) - Evan Culver New West Technologies Raemond wrote: > I am modifying the lineitem.html for t...

Problem i am facing with ::DestroyWindow()
In this code sniplet only destroywindow fails all other calls such as SetWndowText ShowWindow are getting executed successfuly so what is the problem handle is same in all the calls so why only in destroywindow it is giving an error as Error::- Unhandled exception in a.exe(MFC42D.DLL)0xC0000005: Access Violation HWND m_mdiClient; for (HWND wnd = ::GetTopWindow(*pFrame); wnd; wnd = ::GetNextWindow(wnd, GW_HWNDNEXT)) { char wndClass[32]; ::GetClassName(wnd, wndClass, 32); if (strncmp(wndClass, "MDIClient", 32) == 0) break; } //**now got the client window handle m_...

Font problem #2
I'm using the free trial download of Publisher & at work I use Publisher 2003. Regardless of which one, the font is changing whenever I type a ' or press the spacebar. I'm using Helvetica, and Times New Roman is the default. The toolbar shows Helvetica, but these characters switch the font to TNR. I've searched the help menu which has been useless. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks! ...

XslTransform Problems with Whitespace
I'm using XslTransform to apply a transform to an XML document, however I get validation problems when parsing the resulting XML document due to invalid whitespace. I'm passing in an XPathNavigator for the input to the Transform method and specifying a Stream for the output. Here is an example of a transform and a document (it's the IconStyle sections that are causing problems): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> <!-- Copyright i2 Ltd 2002-2003. All rights reserved. --> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform&qu...

What's a "Strong Name"
Hello, Newbie's question : what is the meaning of "Strong Name" that we meet often now ? Thanks for your explanations. Robert wrote: > Hello, > > Newbie's question : what is the meaning of "Strong Name" that we meet often > now ? > Thanks for your explanations. > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wd40t7ad.aspx An assembly that's has a strong name, simply means that the assembly has been digitally signed for security purposes. The assembly has been given an alternative name for security identification pur...

Names of Sheets in workbook
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a spreadsheet with 4 worksheets in it. I need to create a Table of Contents on the first sheet listing th other 39 sheets in the document. Does anyone know a quick way to generate a list of the sheets in th workbook? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark Piitchford -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a spreadsheet with 40 > worksheets in it...

Excel 2007 slow saving with defined names
Hello, I am using a worksheet with a lot of defined names. Saving this sheet in Excel 2007 takes about 5 minutes! In previous Excel-versions the same worksheet saves within 10 seconds. Does anyone have an idea to improve this performance? Probably Windows Vista has something to do with this problem, because: - Windows XP and Excel 2007: fast saving - Windows Vista and Excel 2003: fast saving - Windows Vista and Excel 2007: slooooow saving Any ideas? Greeting RI ...

Problems with Mail Merge from Word 2000 to Outlook 2000 in Win98
Hi there- I've been successful at trouble shooting my employees many mail merge problems, but this one is stumping me: Windows 98 Outlook 2000 Word 2000 Mail merge from a Word doc, no errors in the merge data, but the messages never show up in the Outlook outbox. Possible issues: computer also has Outlook Express 6 on it and Eudora. But shouldn't matter, becase neither of those have mail merge capabilities from Word. Any thoughts? Many thanks Jesse It sure could matter. Outlook must be your default mail program. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <jesse.littlewood@gmail.com>...

Upgrade From Money 2004 to 2005
I was running Money 2004 Deluxe with no problems and then converted to Money 2005. When I click on the Portfolio Manager icon, the screen that appears only has today's date, "Portfolio Manager", and "Quotes delayed at least 20 minutes" below the dark blue line that starts with "investing Home". Nothing else is on the page below the blue line...no investments, and no menu on the left. I could sure use some help on this one.... ...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Distro List Managed by Users
I would like to create a list that 2 or 3 users have rights to add to and remove names from. The email distro list is comprised of all email addresses of customers that want daily updates from us. I would like this list to either show up in Contacts or the GAL. I am not sure how to do this in Exchange 2003 and I dont even know what kind of info i should be searching for to find this out. THanks. Autodl "Ken Cheney" <digexrules@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eEtxVmBLGHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I would like to create a list that 2 or 3 users have rights t...

How do I assign a set of values to a selection from a drop list?
Hi. I am trying to assign a set of values, in separate fields ,to a each selection from a drop-down list in Excel (using data validation). What I am trying to do is very smilar to, say, to selecting a SKU from a list and having the product description, unit price etc. fill into their corresponding fields automatically. For example, I pick SKU "11111" from a drop-down list to fill the SKU field, then, automatically, "5-inch widget" comes up in the product description field and "$5.00" shows up in the unit price field. Please help. Mike Along with the d...

Money is Having PASSWORD Problems.
Several Money users have not been able to access they Money data since early this week. Microsoft is working on a solution, They will post here when they have it! Thanks No WAY, really? >-----Original Message----- >Several Money users have not been able to access they >Money data since early this week. Microsoft is working on >a solution, They will post here when they have it! > >Thanks >. > ...

Outlook client and a kerberos problem
I install the outlook client and it did not show me any problem but when I open outlook and try to open CRM tap, it shows me an error messages (with no revelevant information - an error ocurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality). At the application log I can see several errors - from two different origins: Origin : MSCRMAddressBook Origin : MSCRMAddIn And at the system log, I see the following error. The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server host/crmserver."our domain". This indicates that the password used to encrypt the kerberos service t...