Problem with custom business contact manager forms

When adding new fields or adjusting existing ones in an existing BCM form ie
Business Contact and pressing Publish Form,  I'm getting the message 'Unable
to successfully publish the form due to a MAPI error. OpenPropery: cannot
open properties which are computed'.

The procedure works perfectly on Outlook Contact forms. I use Outlook 2003
on XP home.

0
Efthimios (2)

Have you followed the instructions on my blog (first link below) for
customizing BCM forms? You can't customize them exactly the same way as
standard Outlook forms.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza
http://www.cardozasolutions.com

"Efthimios" <Efthimios@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When adding new fields or adjusting existing ones in an existing BCM form
> ie
> Business Contact and pressing Publish Form,  I'm getting the message
> 'Unable
> to successfully publish the form due to a MAPI error. OpenPropery: cannot
> open properties which are computed'.
>
> The procedure works perfectly on Outlook Contact forms. I use Outlook 2003
> on XP home.

0
patriciac (522)
2/7/2005 5:01:41 PM
All instructions were very clear. Thank you so much.

I get a message though on the last step described when I try to enter a new
contact in BCM: "The messaging interface has retturned an unknown error. If
problem persists, restart Outlook".

I get the same message even after restarting. Is there something I am doing
wrong?

Ο χρήστης "Patricia Cardoza [Outlook MVP]" έγγραψε:

> Have you followed the instructions on my blog (first link below) for
> customizing BCM forms? You can't customize them exactly the same way as
> standard Outlook forms.
>
> --
> Patricia Cardoza
> Outlook MVP
> Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
> Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference
> Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003
>
> http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza
> http://www.cardozasolutions.com
>
> "Efthimios" <Efthimios@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When adding new fields or adjusting existing ones in an existing BCM form
> > ie
> > Business Contact and pressing Publish Form,  I'm getting the message
> > 'Unable
> > to successfully publish the form due to a MAPI error. OpenPropery: cannot
> > open properties which are computed'.
> >
> > The procedure works perfectly on Outlook Contact forms. I use Outlook 2003
> > on XP home.

0
Efthimios (2)

PUBLIC CONTACTS #4
I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . When we creat a new contact and try to save it I get an error: "the item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?" Can anyone help me with this proble ? Thank you!! Mike wrote: > I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to > create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . > When we...

Word problem
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Word will not let me insert a bibliography into my word document. When i go onto document elements - it is not allowing me to click as it is shadowed - ???? Since you don't specify otherwise, start with the basics: 1- Make sure Office is fully updated to 12.2.4 2- Make sure OS X is fully updated to 10.6.3 3- Repair Disk Permissions 4- Restart your Mac Confirming all of that it will make it possible to determine how to approach the problem. Until that's all done it's pointless to chase symptoms. Regar...

Problems saving a worksheet with Links
Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue ... I have a directory which contains 129 worksheets which have links to external data (in a Master Spreadsheet) -- I need to copy these files into a New Directory, but kee the Master Spreadsheet (which they are linked to) in the original location. If I do a simple Cut & Past, the Reference Link to the Master Spreadsheet gets moved to the New Directory (where the file does not exist), but if I open the worksheet (in the original directory/location) and Save As to the New Directory, the worksheet saved in the New Directory maintains its link t...

RPC over HTTP problem #3
Hi, All! My network configuration: DC1, DC2 and MX (MS Exchange 2003, sp1). All of them Windows Server 2003. What was done: In the registry on dc1 and dc2 was created a new key: "NSPI Interface protocol sequences" with value: ncacn_http:6004. MX was promoted to be a GC. Installed RPC over HTTP windows component. MX was changed to be RPC-HTTP back-end server. On the MX Default Web Site was installed cerificate from the local authority running on DC2. On the RPC virtual directory anonymous access and integrated windows authentication were disabled. In the registry of MX the key HK...

Outlook 2003 forgets contacts after 1 day
Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically deleting them. I have spent the last hour searching and can't find the right setting to stop this from happening. Has anyone got any advice? Outlook does not automatically save Contacts ever. To what feature are you referring? Autocompletion? -- Russ Valentine "slycbod" <slycbod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DBB238-7462-452F-85EB-15258BCD8B05@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically > deleting them. I have spent th...

Passing data from one form to another

Article published by Microsoft reg. 'Event' custom entity
Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen it and can provide a hyperlink? I will really appreciate it. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.aspx you'll probably find it in the above link "mkatsev" wrote: > Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a > sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I > bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen...

form and query problem. please help.

Send/Receive Problem
I am using Outlook 2002 on an XP platform. I cannot get Outlook to check for Email at regular intervals. I have the my Outlook set to Send and Receive all my accounts every 10 minutes but nothing happens. The only way I can receive Emails is by manually using the Send/Recv button or pressing F9. Can anyone offer any help. In case it is relevant I am using Norton Internet Security 2003. PWS Not sure it it Yor problem, but Outlook has some problems with Noroton Antivirus runing and chekking e-mails. As far as I know, Outlook may stop recieving e-mails from POP3 servers due to very le...

Excel problem #3

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

Integration Manager need a registration key for test company?
Hi all, Can anyone tell if I need the registration key for IM if I am doing some testings on Test company (World Online)? Also, can I specify the company database in IM for the data to import to? Please advise. Thanks You do not need a reg key for the Two Company, and if you are using the standard adapter the data will integrate into the Company that is open in Great Plains. You can Specify which database you want to integrate into by using the SQL Optimizer. You do not need great Plains open for this adapter. "Terry" wrote: > Hi all, > > Can anyone tell if I nee...

auto forward problems
I setup a 'contact' for 5 existing users in Exchange 5.5 Administrator. I give the contacts the desired SMTP address where they want their mail forwarded to. I set the corresponding 'contact' as the 'alternate recipient' for each of the 5 as detailed in Q255697. 2 of 5 work, the other 3 do not. When sending to each of the 5, 3 return undeliverable stating "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients." Any ideas? -adam Adam SK wrote: > I setup a 'con...

Integration of its Retail Management System
Hello: Microsoft Enhances Integration of its Retail Management System with Great Plains and Small Business Financials Where I can obtain to information or "DEMO" of as it is or as Retai Managment Systems works the integration of Great Plains Systems. Thanks, Wilfredo RMS integrates with Great Plains. It will create a batch that can then be posted to the gl. Fee free to contact me if you would like an on-line demo. info@logicalsolutionsllc.com "Wilfredo De Jesus" wrote: > Hello: > > Microsoft Enhances Integration of its Retail Management System with Gre...

Reports in Money Small Business 2004
Since "upgrading" from Money SB 2002 to SB 2004, when I run a Sales Analysis Report (ie, "All Projects" or any project for that matter) . . . NONE of the sales/invoices are included (except as $zero) for the dates BEFORE I "upgraded" the software. The paid (or unpaid) invoice (s) for all of the projects are still there, showing the correct amount of money, they are not, however included in ANY type of report I try to run. In other words, I can ONLY get totals within a report SINCE I "upgraded" (since 6/1/04). IF I were to run any sales reports...

Pay code update with Integration Manager
I am trying to do a Pay Code update for all employees using Integration Manager using the General Payroll Update. I am able to get the standard Pay Codes to update, but cannot seem to get the "Based On" Pay Codes to update. When I log into GP and view the Employee Maintenance and Go To Pay Codes, I see the standard update. However the Based On Pay Codes remain the old rates unless I select select the Pay Code and simply click Ok. Then the update automatically is brought in. How can I get these updates to take without having to visit each of the Based On Pay Codes and sele...

small problem
hi every body; i wrote a program that it has error ;plz help me :( using System; namespace ConsoleApplication45 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Red; Console.WriteLine("***********"); for (int i = 0; i < 1008; i++) { Console.BackgroundColor = ConsoleColor.DarkCyan; Console.Write(" "); } move(); // ***********error is for here***********************************************...

Recovering Contacts from BackUp Exec
I need to recover a contacts file from Backup Exec into Exchange but, the contacts file is from an older version of Exchange (2000 small business) and the backup was taken using an older version of Backup Exec (Version8.5), and I've since upgraded our Exchange to Enterprise 2003. While Backup Exec 8.5 allows me to redirect the files, I would like to know if any has anyone had any experience of a similar scenario? I suspect this will work, but don't wish to take any chances. Any help would be appreciated. Mark. "contacts file "? Do you mean the contacts...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

Active Directory/Exchange problem
All, Before I joined my current employer the admin here upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000(Box A) and then added another Exchange 2000 box to the organisation(Box B)and migrated the data in Box A to Box B. Box B is now the working exchange server and Box A is no longer used. The problem is that if I actually shut down Box A I can add a new user to Active Directory but I am unable to modify a users email/smtp details. All mail can still be transferred with no problems which would lead me to believe that Exchange is Ok but there is some sort of Active Directory link between the two bo...

save as version 2003 problem
I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format. When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95 objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795 ','56 = xl 2000/2003 I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as 2003 but that's when the code is written in 20...

MS Outllook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Backup/Restores
Need some help with what the procedure is to backup Business Contact Manager data from a single user license system and restore it on another backup system I have. This needs to include the opportunities and other data linkages made on the system being backed up. Tried doing an export / import but based on some info I saw on the MS Office Web site this won't work! Would appreciate any help! There is a backup/restore function for the BCM database on the file menu. -- Guy Lapierre www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com "WHY" <Hnyda@mindspring.com> wrote in message n...

Hidden log on problem
On our XP Home laptop I have 2 users on the welcome screen, while my admin account uses (ctrl alt del) x2. All is fine until it goes into standby when I am in admin. Then on wake up the welcome screen comes back, but (ctrl alt del) x2 does nothing. I can't see a way to get back into my account without rebooting. Is there another way (opening one of the other accounts is as slow as rebooting)? Cheers, S On Mar 30, 9:26=A0am, "spamlet" <spam.mores...@invalid.invalid> wrote: > On our XP Home laptop I have 2 users on the welcome screen, while my a...

chart line style problem
I am making a scatter chart (with lines) in Excel 2007 under Vista. I can select a line style, for example, long dashes. However, if I try to change the axis (change from "automatic" to "fixed" on the horizontal axis), the line on the chart immediately becomes solid again. The legend still shows the proper dashing. I can get the dashing partly back by making the line thinner, but only where the variation is fastest - regions where the derivative is near zero are still solid even for thin lines. I'll appreciate any help! frank I was not able to reproduce this. Can you...