Problem Sending Mail w/Outlook 2002

I receive and send a lot of email using Outlook 2002 and my Gmail
account with no problem.  However, I have two friends to whom I send
emails that are always returned.  I get an error message like this:
Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 Invalid recipient:

However, if I send the emails to them directly from Gmail, they go
through just fine.  Can anyone explain why they fail with Outlook?

Pat

0
PatETC (23)

This sounds like an issue with the SMTP server you have setup in outlook -
not outlook itself.

"patetc" <PatETC@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I receive and send a lot of email using Outlook 2002 and my Gmail
> account with no problem.  However, I have two friends to whom I send
> emails that are always returned.  I get an error message like this:
> Technical details of permanent failure:
> PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 Invalid recipient:
>
> However, if I send the emails to them directly from Gmail, they go
> through just fine.  Can anyone explain why they fail with Outlook?
>
> Pat

0
goob (4)
3/15/2007 6:56:18 PM
On Mar 15, 2:56 pm, "goob" <g...@goob.com> wrote:
> This sounds like an issue with the SMTP server you have setup in outlook -
> not outlook itself.
>
> "patetc" <Pat...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I receive and send a lot of email using Outlook 2002 and my Gmail
> > account with no problem.  However, I have two friends to whom I send
> > emails that are always returned.  I get an error message like this:
> > Technical details of permanent failure:
> > PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 Invalid recipient:
>
> > However, if I send the emails to them directly from Gmail, they go
> > through just fine.  Can anyone explain why they fail with Outlook?
>
> > Pat- Hide quoted text -

There apparently isn't a problem with my SMTP setup since emails to
everyone else get sent through Outlook.  It is just two addresses that
I am having a problem with.  Why would these two reject and everything
else go through okay?

Pat

0
PatETC (23)

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Sony HDR-XR200V 120GB HDD High Definition Camcorder w/15x Optical Zoom
Price:$999.99 Image: http://specialdealfinder.info/image.php?id=B001QBM9EM Best deal: http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=B001QBM9EM In my opinion, the camcorder deserves 4/5 stars. The HD picture quality outdoors (rain or shine) is PHENOMAL. I got a similar picture in SD. It wasn't quite as sharp as HD but still an EXCELLENT picture. The sound quality is amazing. I had no problem with wind noise when outside on windy days. The camcorder itself is lightweight and I found the menus and buttons to be user-friendly. I read several negative reviews on the included Sony softwa...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem