Problem sending emails from Outlook Express Ver6 NEVER MIND!

I am trying to use Outlook Express Ver6 instead of Eudora.  I can't
seem to send e-mails from it.  When I send a test to myself I get the
error:

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was (MY ADDRESS)
.. Subject 'TEST', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server:
'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1
Authentication Required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Can anyone suggest what is wrong?  Must be something dumb.

TX
yes
0
me2142 (4)

Change port 25 to show port 587. Then see if it will send. Port 25 has been changed
to Port 587

--
Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

<me@yah.net> wrote in message news:sdb9g6h3ur1gfvghkec2af841da1ohmfai@4ax.com...
>I am trying to use Outlook Express Ver6 instead of Eudora.  I can't
> seem to send e-mails from it.  When I send a test to myself I get the
> error:
>
> The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
> e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was (MY ADDRESS)
> . Subject 'TEST', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server:
> 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1
> Authentication Required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
> 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
>
> Can anyone suggest what is wrong?  Must be something dumb.
>
> TX
> yes

0
okf221 (388)
12/12/2010 2:35:14 PM

Hello ,

I can do it for you.
Please reply if you want it.

Regards Andrej

> I am trying to use Outlook Express Ver6 instead of Eudora.  I can't
> seem to send e-mails from it.  When I send a test to myself I get the
> error:
>
> The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
> e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was (MY ADDRESS)
> .. Subject 'TEST', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server:
> 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1
> Authentication Required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
> 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
>
> Can anyone suggest what is wrong?  Must be something dumb.
>
> TX
> yes

0
tron90 (21)

multiple email addressess ?
how can we store multiple email addresses for one contact. i only see option for one add..? Hi, There are three email attributes in contact entity. emailaddress1 is by default added on form. If you want to also want to add other two than open customization form of contacts and add fields named emailaddress2 and emailaddress3. You can add more custome email fields also. You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any help on this. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gma...

SQL deadlock problem

docmd.transfertext problem

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Exchange update problem

Crash on 'Send"

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003

hyperlinking email addresses

cant start outlook pst file to large