Problem receiving e-mail using Outlook XP SP 3 on Win XP SP2 Machi

I have many users  having issues with not receiving new e-mail until they
"tickle" their Outlook by switching views.  Additionally they sometimes see
items staying in their Outbox even though the item is in fact delivered to
the recipient.  I tried both of the following KB articles.  One did not help,
the other one using the regedt32.exe did not have a key for 9.0, only 10.0
and 8.0.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been troubleshooting
this for 2 weeks now.  Thanks, Anne Altman

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304849 or
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839226

0
Altman (2)

Generally setting the exception to the outlook executable and/or setting the
registry key to force polling generally fixes this issue in regards to the
built-in firewall of Windows XP (SP2).  Is there anything else between the
server and client that could be blocking UDP packets? (site firewall,
router, .etc)

"Anne Altman" <Anne Altman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have many users  having issues with not receiving new e-mail until they
> "tickle" their Outlook by switching views.  Additionally they sometimes
> see
> items staying in their Outbox even though the item is in fact delivered to
> the recipient.  I tried both of the following KB articles.  One did not
> help,
> the other one using the regedt32.exe did not have a key for 9.0, only 10.0
> and 8.0.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been troubleshooting
> this for 2 weeks now.  Thanks, Anne Altman
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304849 or
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839226

0
neo7948 (622)
12/4/2004 2:53:18 AM
The client is internal, inside our firewall and router, with a direct LAN
connection to the Exchange 2000 server.  However, the 304840 Article
references this key:
HKEY)CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\ and the user does
not have a 9.0 key.  Could this be the problem, and if so how can I resolve
it?

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

> Generally setting the exception to the outlook executable and/or setting the
> registry key to force polling generally fixes this issue in regards to the
> built-in firewall of Windows XP (SP2).  Is there anything else between the
> server and client that could be blocking UDP packets? (site firewall,
> router, .etc)
>
> "Anne Altman" <Anne Altman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have many users  having issues with not receiving new e-mail until they
> > "tickle" their Outlook by switching views.  Additionally they sometimes
> > see
> > items staying in their Outbox even though the item is in fact delivered to
> > the recipient.  I tried both of the following KB articles.  One did not
> > help,
> > the other one using the regedt32.exe did not have a key for 9.0, only 10.0
> > and 8.0.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been troubleshooting
> > this for 2 weeks now.  Thanks, Anne Altman
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304849 or
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839226

If there are keys for 10.0 and 8.0, I'd try using one of them but replace
instances of "10" with "9".

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 18:35:01 -0800, Anne Altman wrote:

> I have many users  having issues with not receiving new e-mail until they
> "tickle" their Outlook by switching views.  Additionally they sometimes
> see items staying in their Outbox even though the item is in fact
> delivered to the recipient.  I tried both of the following KB articles.
> One did not help, the other one using the regedt32.exe did not have a
> key for 9.0, only 10.0 and 8.0.  Any help would be greatly appreciated,
> I've been troubleshooting this for 2 weeks now.  Thanks, Anne Altman
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304849 or
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839226
0
stephenson (1246)
12/6/2004 8:55:39 PM
Anne Altman <AnneAltman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> The client is internal, inside our firewall and router, with a direct
> LAN connection to the Exchange 2000 server.  However, the 304840
> Article references this key:
> HKEY)CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\ and the user
> does not have a 9.0 key.  Could this be the problem, and if so how
> can I resolve it?

With an 8 key and a 10 key, but no 9, it would appear that this system had
Outlook 97 upgraded to Outlook 2002 with no Outlook 2000 in between.  If so,
the article should still apply, but using 10 instead of 9.  See
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305572 for the Outlook 2002 version of the
same thing.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Excel button problem

X.php "is in use by another program"
I have recently installed Macromedia Dream Weaver and found that all my Publisher files *.php will not open - I receive the message that *. php "is in use by another program" etc. No other program is running. Dream weaver seems to has taken them over. I have tried re-associating them with Publisher, but with negative result. I also have uninstalled Dream Weaver - still no luck. Any help would be much appreciated. JS ..php is a Picture It! project extension. Publisher files are .pub. It is also source code which is probably why Macromedia took over. http://www.php.net/ -- Mar...

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Emails #3

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

SOS! SharePoint Install
I downloaded SharePoint Services 2.0 and installed it on my Windows Server 2003 Std. server where CRM 3.0 is installed. Now, I can't use CRM. When I double click the icon I get a message that says "The Server is Unavailable". Major disaster! Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. Did you reboot the server? "Lloyd" wrote: > I downloaded SharePoint Services 2.0 and installed it on my Windows Server > 2003 Std. server where CRM 3.0 is installed. Now, I can't use CRM. When I > double click the icon I get a message that says "The Server is...

message delivery problems