Problem opening outlook

When I try to open outlook, a message box shows "unable to
open your default mail folders.  Could not start because a
location to send and receive mail could not be found."

Evidently I deleted something, but I don't know how or
when.  My CD installation disk is broken.  Is there a way
I can fix this problem without re-installing?  Or a web
site where I can download something?
0
anonymous (74722)

anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> When I try to open outlook, a message box shows "unable to
> open your default mail folders.  Could not start because a
> location to send and receive mail could not be found."
>
> Evidently I deleted something, but I don't know how or
> when.

Sounds like you deleted or renamed your PST (Personal Folders File).  In
case of the latter, enable showing hidden files and folders and then search
for *.pst.   If you find one, then start Outlook and when it complains,
browse to that file.  If you deleted it, it may be in your Recycle Bin.
Check.  If not there, you've deleted all your mail to date, but you don't
have to reinstall anything, just sigh and create a new one by using Control
Panel's Mail applet.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Combo box filter before form opens
frmSearchType with cboType and cmdOpenForm which opens frmEntryEdit. frmEntryEdit uses cboEntryNum to allow user to select from the filtered records. This is working correctly, however if no records fit the filter, I get an open frmEntryEdit, with no records in the cboEntryNum. I would rather have a message box that states "No Data fits the criteria", than have frmEntry Edit open. Is this possible? -- Teach me to fish! Thanks for the help. Pax, M m stroup wrote: >frmSearchType with cboType and cmdOpenForm which opens frmEntryEdit. >frmEntryEdit use...

excel file can't be opened #2

MBF file won't open...am I hosed???
In my previous computer I had a flaky hard drive. While it still worked I backed up all my important files to CD's and DVD's. Since I dutifully backed up my MNY file (to two locations) each time I used my Money 2001 I didn't think to copy my MNY file I merely copied the MBF files from those locations. Once, I had to use that an MBF file as my MNY file was corrupt and it worked flawlessly. I saw no reason why it shouldn't do so again. Plus I was in panic mode to get all the data possible from the dying HD. Now that I have a new computer I installed my copy of MM 2001 and wh...

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

A Linking Problem
Assume I have a column of numbers, in a file named Source. (range is B2:B10). These cells are linked to a column in a file named Destination(range is E2:E10). If I add a new row 5 to the source, is there a way I can get the previously linked cells in Destination to continue to display the correct values. After adding the new row 5 in source, rows in Destination below row 5 display values from rows below (in the Source file). I hope this is not too confusing a question (I am confused). If it of importance, the linking was done using Paste Link in the Paste Special dialog. Thanks. Hi PA Yo...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Form printing problem
Hi all, I have a form that holds customer records which we have been printing out for filing. I put a print record command button at the top of the form and this has been working perfectly for at least the last four years printing on plain paper using auto selection on the printer. Recently the form record has started printing onto header paper. It doesn't matter whether I change the properties on the printer it keeps printing to headed paper and the only way round was to put plain paper into the headed paper tray. We have now a new printer in the office which has been set as my defa...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Problems creating a newsletter
I chose the form "Newsletter - email". I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do this? Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send it as email? That is not one of the options. Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated. I am using 2003 Publisher. I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for Genesis - I"...

Excel 2000 fail to open workbook

Hotmail Problem Please Help
I am running Exchange 2003 Standard on a Windows 2003 Server. I also have ISA 2000 on the same box. Everything is working fine. The problem I am having is getting mail out to a hotmail address. When I send then mail, I see it sits in the Queue for less then a minute then disappears. It never makes it to the Hotmail address nor do I get any return errors back in my client indicating the mail never made it to its destination. On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:51:04 -0800, "Kevin Mc" <Kevin Mc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2003 Standard on a Windows 200...

Error by open contacts or activities after Migration to CRM 3.0
Hello, i ve migrated our CRM 1.2 System to CRM 3.0 Now I get a error-page when I open contacts or activities or so. I cannot open the main form of these entities (customizing). Any ideas? Stefan ...

Windows 7 taskbar API problems
Folks The background is that an Access MDE/ACCDE created by a developer is not conceptually the same as an Excel spreadsheet or Word document file created by the user. My Auto FE Updater utility automatically downloads any new version created by the developer from the server to the workstation as well as doing lots of other stuff such as creating shortcuts on desk tops. If this was a user created Access database file which resides in the users My Documents folder, or similar, than they are conceptually the same as a Word or Excel file. The problem is if the user right-clicks on...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

problems loading excel documents
When I try to open up an excel document via my documents it says that the same document is open already how can this be stopped Tina First try the standard fix(es)......Tools>Options>General uncheck "ignore other applications" OR Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to enter your full path to excel.exe....in that case surround with quotes as in..... "C:\mypath\to Excel\somewhere\excel.exe" /regserver Gord Dibben XL2002 On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 09:16:14 -0800, "Tina" <TinaSCovell...

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem