problem Opening jpg's only

Recently, in Outlook 2003, I noticed that I can';t open and view jpg's
anymore. Other attachements (mpg, pdf) are fine.
I get the message: 'The system cannot find the file specified'
I can save the file to disk and can view it easily just by clicking on it.
It happens whether McAfee antivirus is enabled or disabled.

I don't think it is level 1 attachments which are being blocked as in
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 829982.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Craig

I am having the same issue.  Any suggestions would be
helpful!

Thanks

Jeremy

Problems with reports
Hi, we are having troubles with our MSCRM. We installed MSCRM on a demo-pc within our dmz. Everything works fine as long the user connects from the local company network. But if the user connects from external everything works except the reports. Even the list of reports isn't displayed within MSCRM. Has anyone a clue? Thank you very much for your help Chris are you using ssl on your external web as crystal will not work over ssl (so i have been told) "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1836101c41afb$9eb7dde0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > ...

How do I fix a sudden problem with sending and receiving emails f.
I have been successfully using Outlook as my default email program with my SBCYahoo dsl for some months and then I was not. The only thing I can link it to, possible, is that for a short while I agreed to allow Microsoft to monitor my use of their programs. after about a week, some of the programs didn't work as well and some other problems occurred, so a uninstalled that program. what happen now is that the process times out after receiveing a few of the emails and says that "connection was interrupted"-which is impossible since I am 'always connected' via dsl...

Problems with upgrading from Tiger to Snow Leopard on Word 2004?
I have OS 10.4.11 and use it with Office 2004 and EndNote 9 for a book I'm in the middle of. Everything is stable and I would prefer not to change until the book is finished. However, I'm having problems with some other software, and their help people say that I need to upgrade to Snow Leopard. If I do: (1) will it adversely effect Office 2004, especially Word 2004 and EndNote 9 (which contains more than 500 references)? (2) can I just do an OS upgrade or do I need the more expensive MacBox set that Apple recommends for Tiger users? (3) will it adversely effect MYOB, which h...

Opening Second Instance of Access
Running MSA2K3. I have this problem a lot. I have an MDB open and I run a query. It uses up most of my CPU, but I'm still able to open and work in other applications (IE, Lotus Notes, whatever). However, if I try to open another MDB, it doesn't seem to open until the other MDB finishes processing. If I enter debug mode in MDB #1, then MDB #2 opens right up. What I think is happening is when I open MDB #2, Windows/Access sees there's another instance of Access running, so it uses the first instance to load the MDB--instead of just starting another instant of Access. Has anyon...

Bought Pub 2003 now it won't open my Pub 2003 file
I just bought Publisher 2003 yesterday. I spent 3 hours creating a project. I tried to laod the saved project and got the message "Publisher can not open file. I tried open pun 97 files with the same result. I've used Publisher 2.0, 97 for years. What am I missing? Most likely you are running Norton Anti-Virus. Norton AV can actually break a Publisher file rendering it unusable. You need to disable script-blocking and possibly the Office plug-in components of Norton AV. Refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_issues.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help...

Can't open .pub files either
I have installed / unistalled / installed / uninstalled Publisher 2003 several times and have the same problems others seem to have. I can create and save a .pub file but cannot open them. Get the "cannot find file" message followed by the "cannot open" message. I have loaded the same Publisher program on another computer in our office and it works fine. To save time I should said ahead of time that we: DO NOT use Norton Antivirus DO use Norton Internet Securities which have been set to "allow scripts" Please help! If I cannot re-open and re-edit .pub fi...

Junk email problem...
We run a exchange 2003 environment and all of our users run Outlook 2003. We turn off the "junk email filter" in outlook but for some reason email is still going into our users junk email folders on their mailboxes. I am assuming somewhere in exchange this option is turned on and filtering this email. Any ideas on what I am missing? Thanks all Halve, I've been experiencing the same issue and have not found a solution for it as of yet. I've used group policies to disable the Junk Email filter in Outlook and have used the OWA Administration Tool to disable the Junk E...

Problem with Windows Live Signin
I am currently used Money Plus Home and Business, and have problem sign in my Data with MSN Windows Live ID. I was recently chagne my Windows Live Messenger Login ID. As I read Money suppose to detect the change. Now how do I fix this problem. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Luan Pham wrote: >I am currently used Money Plus Home and Business, and have problem >sign in my Data with MSN Windows Live ID. I was recently chagne my >Windows Live Messenger Login ID. As I read Money suppose to detect >the change. Now how do I fix this problem. Thanks See if this helps: http://s...

PROBLEM SIZING A TEXT BOX IN A FORM
Access 2007/vista I have a form in which I cannot adjust the text boxes INDIVIDUALLY. I click on a text box and it becomes surrounded by an orange border, indicating it is selected. But when I size it smaller or larger, all the other text boxes in the form move in tandem. I have not encountered this before and am baffled. Ideas? -- William ...

Exchange System Manager slow to open
It takes my system manger about 3-5 minutes to open. anyone have any idea why this is so. i have my AD dns entries in my TCP\IP properties. I was able to open this program normally before i did a system reload. now it is super slow. ???? help chris holcombc@mail.ecu.edu ...

Page SetUp Print Problems
A friend has a spreadsheet that is giving him some problems. We go to Page Break Preview and the sheet is 2 pages wide. My friend wanted to make 1 page wide so we dragged the blue line to the right to make it one page. Excel, instead of doing that, made it 20 or more pages. We went to the Page Setup and noticed that Excel had changed the scaling down to 10%. We wanted it to be 1 page wide by 6 pages long so we put that info in but Excel did not accept it. We thought maybe something was wrong with the sheet itself so we selected all the cells and cut/paste them into a new sheet - but it s...

Open File Dialog Help
I am trying to set the m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir to "My Music" on an open file dialog, but can't seem to get it to work right. I would like it to default to the c:\documents and settings\user\My Documents\My Music, regardless of the machine the application is running on. The project is being built using Visual C++ 6.0 Professional, on a Windows 2K machine, but may be running in any Windows environment. Thanks, SHGetSpecialFolderPath(CSIDL_PERSONAL) gets you to My Documents ...

Format problem #6
Somehow my formatting appears to be defaulting to time. Everytime I copy formulas or data from one cell to another the format changes to time. How do you stop this from happening? -- Gary If you land the cell pointer on a particular cell and cut-and-paste, then the format of the original cell will follow to the pasted cell. If you're encountering "phantom" formats then the cell may have been previously formatted. I tried to get a blank sprdsht to behave in the manner you describe, and couldn't. My error: this often happens to me when using cells formatted as dates or...

Reading ranges and copying data from Excel when it is not open
Is there a way in code to copy data out of an Excel file even if Excel is not up and running? If Excel were open, I'd copy, say, the first 30 rows and paste the info to PowerPoint. Then, since rows 1-5 are for column headings, I'd hide rows 6-30 and copy a new range which would look involve 30 rows, but since rows 6-30 were hidden would be 1-5 and then 31-55 as a contiguous block. I am trying to do this in VBA without opening Excel and instatiating objects, etc. Is it possible? What VBA commands would I use? You would need to treat the excel file as a database and use ADO to g...

Problem in showing dialog boxes from a regular dll
Hi, I had a MFC application to be used as icon window (hidden). Also I had a regular MFC DLL exporting functions that will show MFC dll. All these functions are calling the AFX_MANAGE_STATE macro and PreTRansalte message is implemented. If the functions are called from any exe they work as expected even calling from my tray icon app is alright. Now I have merged some the resources (dialogs and string) of tray icon into my dll. Still tray icon works fine. There is another console application that calls my resouce dll to display dialog boxes as well and it also works fine. Now if my ...

problem with laptop client
hi everybody, i've got a lot of troubles with laptop client for outlook (CRM 3.0) i've installed MS CRM 3.0 in a win 2003 server, with sql2005 and exchange 2003. my pc is logged to a different domain, not the one with CRM, but these 2 domains are in trust between them. CRM via web works right. but if i try to install laptop client (but also desktop client) on my pc, i get an error (no communication or similar) when i run outlook (2003 sp2) during installation i put "http://192.168.0.100" (ip address of CRM server) when asked. do I have to put another ip address? or even if ...

Send mail problem #2
POsted this in outlook.general with no response so will try this group. APologies for the cross post but I am still unable to resolve this issue. W2K Pro will all patches and updates. Had Outlook running fine for a long time strictly for internet email at home. Worked on getting a VPN connection through our firewall at work. The VPN connection did work but I was unable to get my outlook to pull mail from our server once I reconfigured Outlook for Exchange. Uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled. Configured for my internet account only and now it will not send mail at all. The server properties...

Chart drawing problem in Excel 2003
Over the last few months I have had the same problem in excel with all charts where I've used a two colour fill effect for either a data series or background. When I use this feature the entire chart is only viewable in black and white and excel takes a long time to actually draw the chart. However if I print the chart or even copy and paste into excel all the colours are as they should be. The mpeg moving shows how excel draws an example chart when the chart sheet is activated http://www.paperlessbooks.co.uk/barchart_example.avi and to see how excel prints to pdf see the pdf belo...

Device problem
Hi, I've already spent several hours trying to figure this out, reading forums and suggestions, trying different things, and not succeeding at all. So, I decided to post my problem on here. I have a Samsung YP-S2 (Pebble). With the device, I had to install Samsung Media Studio. Everything was working great until a couple of weeks ago. I plugged in my device to add new songs, BUT Samsung Media Studio won't recognize it...so I can't do anything. Now, I noticed that My Computer lists the device as "unspecified" now. It used to list it as a portable devi...

XPath problem #3
Hi all, How come the following XPath expression doesn't return any nodes? descendant::*[node()=SignerInfo] Here's how it's called on the document root node: XmlNodeList list = m_xmlDoc.DocumentElement.SelectNodes(sXPathExpression); Here's the XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Deal BPApplication="WCC" xmlns="http://tempuri.org/TestWCDealSchema.xsd"><Applicants><SignerInfo ApplicantType=""><FirtName /><MiddleName /><LastName /><SSN /><Adress><Street /><C...

Outlook error on opening
I'm receiving the following msg when I open Outlook: 'C:\Documents&Settings|Application data\microsoft\addins\C:\progra~1\micros~2\office11\addins\outbak.dll" is not a valid Office Add-in. I can then click on OK and Outlook will open. I have attempted to locate this file to remove it, but search comes up empty. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Did you have the Outlook Personal Folders Backup utility installed at one time? If yes, just go to Tools->Options-.Other->Advanced and under Add-in Manager, uncheck this from the addins list. --� Milly Staples [MVP - O...

problem with updating calendar appointments
Hi, I have a problem where sometimes a user will update an appointment in their calendar and send an update to all attendees. The updated information is accepted and show in the attendees calendar but when the user later checks the their calendar that updated information is missing. Has anyone else had this problem? Everyone is running Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007. The user also has 1 Delegate with editor access to their calendar and meeting requests/responses sent to both delegate and themselves. Kind Regards I have the same problem with Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003...

Problem sending mail in office 2007 and windows7
Hi, I have a word template which in autonew makes a mail merge and sends e-mail. This have worked fine but now one of my customers have updated to windows7 and office 2007 and suddenly no mail is sent. I have other customers running XP and office 2007 were it works fine. But for this client the question from outlook is raised asking if its OK to send mail from an other application but no mail is sent. The code: Sub Autonew() Dim SQL_sats As String Registry_Path = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The company\Directories" Registry_Key = "CustDocs" Fo...

Problems with CRM & Outlook add-ins
Hello everyone, I've been having problems with the CRM and Outlook add-ins. For some reason the CRM won't start correctly if some toolbars and add-in are installed (like Plaxo toolbar and iTunes add-in). I get the error that it couldn't connect to the microsoft crm server. If I disable these add-ins, the CRM works. I'd appreciate your help here, because some people in my company need these toolbars. Thanks, Guy ...

Problem Installing R3 Rollup (Target Processor Not Installed)
We're having an issue installing the Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3 Update Rollup and was wondering if other people have had the same issue. Our system was installed with Processor Support for x86 and ARM and was already updated with R2 and QFE updates until December 2008 (2008 Yearly Update was applied.) We worked with this version for a while and had no problems. Now we want to apply R3 and all applicable updates, according to MSDN we should install R3, R3 Rollup, October 2009 QFE and November 2009 QFE in that order. We have installed the R3 update without problems and have t...