Problem OL 2002 Email

I am having a problem with OL 2002 email settings.  I
have two computers which I am setting up.  One computer
works perfectly.  The second computer I have configured
exactly the same...incoming/outgoing servers and ports,
etc... are all setup the same.  On the second computer
when I press test email settings, everything tests fine.
But when I try to do a Send/Receive, I run into problems.

First, the POP3 tries to connect to the POP3 server twice
at the same time.  (I am able to see this on my POP3
server console.)  Second, the SMTP sending mail never
connects to my SMTP server.  (Again I am able to verify
this on my SMTP server's console.)

The user of the second computer which is having this
problem had originally tried to setup email accounts on
his computer and was unable to set them up correctly.  I
had those email accounts removed before setting up new
ones to be the same as the first computer.  I am thinking
that there may be some residual settings or something of
the users original entries still in the setup which is
messing things up, although they do not appear on the
email account list.  Does anyone have any suggestions on
what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks,
Jack
0
anonymous (74722)

Problem with buttons
Hi I have 2 workbooks to which I'm adding a button with a small macr attached (the same one on each). Using the forms toolbar, I've added a button to one of the workbooks no problem. The other is causing problems. When I open the forms toolbar it's al greyed out. The worksheet isn't protected and even the cells ar unlocked. I'm at a loss to work out what the problem is. Any ideas? Many thank -- Ceris ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Cerise's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m15 View this thread: http://www.hightechtalk...

Vertical Indent in Excel 2002
Please help me to create Vertical Indent in Excel 2000 or 2002 because the border line are very near to the text given in a table, it looks very congested in the gap between lines and text when we use auto fit to rows option. there is any solution for this please help me i want to know the option. No such feature as Vertical Indent. You can use Alt + Enter to provide a line feed at top and bottom of cell. Select a cell then hit Alt + Enter Type the text you need then hit Alt + Enter then Enter. This will give you a blank line at top and bottom. Gord Dibben MS Exc...

Online Ordering Problem
As my trial version of Money Plus Delux has only few days left to run, I decided to order a copy of it from the MS/Digital River download site. For whatever reason, the order form was pre-initialized for 3 copies instead of the one I ordered. I corrected the 3 to 1 before I filled in the credit card info. To my surprise, I was still billed for 3 copies but by that time I could not change or cancel my order. I immediately sent an email to Digital River about this but I wonder if any of you also encountered this seeming scam. JP In microsoft.public.money, JP wrote: >As my trial ve...

Problem with sheet tabs
My MS Office is Office 2003. While open a new workbook in Excel, the sheet tabs are not shown, I need to set by tools -> option and check the sheet tab every time. How to set the workbook opened with the sheet tabs ? Also, there is a extra menu tab "addin" shown at the top menu of workbook, i.e. File, Edit, View, Insert, ...., addin, Help. While addin is clicked, a message of "solution.xls not found" shown. How to fix it ? The first problem: Open a blank workbook, go to Tools - Option and change the settings. Now, close the workbook. Your changes sh...

Problem after switching to Public Folder
I am using Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003. I recently converted a user account into a mail enabled public folder and I have 1 perticular user who gets the error message below when sending to this Public Folder. None of the Microsoft kb articles seem to help. The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. On 13 Jul 2006 06:46:44 -0700, "newadmin" <eli_ayoub@hotmail.com> wrote: >I am using Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003. I recently converted a user &...

Recently moved home. Using dads ISP. Can't send or recieve email
Recently moved from Austin to Kansas City. Currently using my fathers ISP for internet and email access. Need help on how to send and receive emails through outlook 2002. Can I just creat a new account with my own personal user name and password? Boomerang <Boomerang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recently moved from Austin to Kansas City. Currently using my fathers > ISP for internet and email access. Need help on how to send and > receive emails through outlook 2002. Can I just creat a new account > with my own personal user name and password? With the ISP? You...

blue screen reboot problems
my home prem. vista pc keeps rebooting. Blue screen message is 2 seconds long so i can't read it and several attempts to resolve this by using system restore etc is only making it worse. I've run virus scans in safe mode nothing. My deskstop comes up at startup with "windows installer" 3x then a box says that windows has to close down and then it reboots after 30 seconds or so, no time to try and update to sp1 or find the problem list because it dumps to fast. The blue screen does say TCPIP error or something. Do i have to connect Mircosoft with $$ or is this not f...

mso.dll error and crash in Outlook 2002
Using Outlook 2002, i get repeated crashes of the program with the following error report ModName: mso.dll...can anyone please help with a solution. Regards AAS ...

help fixing a calculation problem
i have an big file that takes a while to calculate. I keep my calculation set on manual. a few times a day I create a csv. file out of a database and open it in excel and the file starts to calc and I end up having to wait it out. Anyone have an idea on how to prevent that from happening? -- barrfly Excel User - Energy markets ------------------------------------------------------------------------ barrfly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4141 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482195 Try this .. Before yo...

ImageFrame Problem with Empty Reports
I am getting this "type mismatch" error when I try to open a report that has no records. The report normally displays a picture of the client if they have one or more records in the report. If they don't, it should be able to still open the report but just show no records. I have traced the source of the error to the following code in the pageheader of my report. ImageCyclist.picture=[picpath] The [picpath] is a field inserted in the pageheader that contains the pathname or link where the picture of the person is retrieved from. How can I prevent this error from appearing?? ...

Strange Excel problem when opening an Excelbook
When I open an Excelworkbook I get the following message from Excel (see attached picture) First I get a security warning that the Excelbook contains macros which is OK. I press Enable macros (totaly normal) Then the strange message appears when excel looks for MIM.EXE???. If I press OK I get following message from Excel: "Cannot run MIM.EXE. The program or one of its components is damaged or missing" I press OK and I get back to the strange message. But if I press Ok again I get the Cannot MIM.EXE message, but then after pressing OK I can can continue work with the Excelwo...

counter problem(you really want to read this)
i have a workbook that contains two sheets. Sheet one contains a list of names. Each name references an information sheet for that name. I wish to collect data for each name for a specified number of days "x". When that number of days is met, then I wish to click on a button on the toolbar to delete some number "x" of days of data from 1 - "x" including "x". I wish to do this to make the data more current hence meaningful ...

Vista and Money 2005 ofx import problem
I recognise some names here from another forum but I thought it may be helpful to canvass some more opinions/expertise. I have Vista Ultimate running and have succesfully loaded Money 2005 UK and updated via the internet. Everything works fine except the bit I need ! I use Barclays Bank and have downloaded .ofx files for several years (Barclays does not support QIF). When trying to do this in Vista I get an error message saying the file is corrupt or not recognised. I have tried all manner of things including testing the ofx file etc and it appears fine and will load into Money run...

Problem sharing a workbook
Hi, I've created an Excel workbook (Excel 2003 (11.8120.8122) SP2), placed it on a shared network server, and then selected Tools>Protection>Protect and Share Workbook... with the "Share and track changes" option selected, and password protection set. However, if I attempt to open it when someone else has it open, I get the message stating that the workbook is opened by user so and so and am given the option to open it as Read-Only, Notify, etc. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks, Linda ...

Outlook 2002
Every time I start-up, recieve or send an email Windows Installer trys to run. I hit cancel and the action will complete normally. If I don't hit cancel, it asks for the install disk, however this is an exsisting company computer and the the original disk is nowhere to be found. This started when we were mistakenly told that a copy of Office 2007 that was purchased had two installs allowed. Word and Excel was loaded on this machine. We then discovered we were given bad info and uninstalled them. Outlook 2007 was never installed. Verify that no Office 2007 part is installed a...

product key validation problem after sp2 update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I work at a university and we have special version with office 2008 for mac with pre installed product key. Until now everything works great, but today, after updating to SP2 I get this message when I try to open any office application: Office for mac has determined that your product key is not valid. Does anyone has a solution (beside removing and installing again without sp2)? Thanks, Avner Traub Same problem here! Harald. Also have the same problem. Please help ! Raluca I'M TOO, SO??? URGENT!!! Same here!...

out off office assistant does not send email outside of network
When we use the out of office assistant, it only works with internal email inside the network. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thank you in advance, j. hoffa wrote: > When we use the out of office assistant, it only works > with internal email inside the network. Does anyone have > any suggestions. > > Thank you in advance, That's the default setting - you will find your Admin will be VERY reluctant to change it. Which version of OL are you using? We use Exchange at work and OOO Assistant works beyond the LAN. --Steve >-----Original Message----- >When we...

cannot reply to some emails in outlook 2007
In some emails, i cannot seem to reply. I get a white area to type the reply, but when typing nothing appears. My signature doesn't appear automatically either, as it usually does. Other emails for some reason are just fine and I can reply to them without problem. Anyone have any suggestions? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.inf...

Link sent by email incomplete in subject line
MSKB Article 327010 Can you download the hotifx noted in the above article? If not and you have to call Microsoft for the hotfix, is there a fee? Thank you, L Moore LMoore <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can you download the hotifx noted in the above article? > If not and you have to call Microsoft for the hotfix, is > there a fee? If contacting Microsoft is the only way to get the hotfix and if you PC is experiencing the problem described by the article, there is usually no charge. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Ra...

Relationship problems
I have a DB with 6 tables tbl 1 (Person's Info) ClientNum (PK) FName LName + all person info tbl 2 (Employment info) EmpID (PK) ClientNum EmpCodeNum EmpStatus TrainingRelated StartDate EndDate tbl 3 (Employer Codes) EmpCodeNum (PK) EmployerName tbl 4 (Trades) TradeNum (PK) TradeName tbl 5 (Pri-Training) PriTraID (PK) ClientNum TradeNum tbl 6 (Sec-Training) SecTraID (PK) ClientNum TradeNum The problem i'm have is that when i go to create a form to enter all the clients data the de...

Send Mail Problem
Hi all One of our user got the below two message from postmaster, i try to disable the rule(list.dsbl.org) from the connection filtering, but the problems still exists. I search my mailserver ip on list.dsbl.org, it listed. To removal need one week. Have any faster way to fix this problems? abc@abc.com on Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:28:05 +0800 There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <"Mailserver Host" #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)> 1...

Having problems opening pst file
When I try to open a pst file - I get the following message "Properties for this informaton service must be defined prior to use" then I get another pop-up "Errors |\ve been detected in the file C:\WINDOWS\APPLICATION DATA\MICROSOFT\OUTLOOK\outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, then use the Inbox Repair Tool" Please help!!! I have important contact information I can't get to. GHR 770-451-8565 x11 "GHR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012d01c3ddf8$5ef50650$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open a...

X Axis Linear Representation Problem
I have a project involving a hiking trail where I am trying to capture altitude on Y axis versus mile marker location on X axis. I can enter the data in adjoining columns and use the chart wizard but each mile marker value gets positioned along the X axis in uniform increments rather than an actual linear scale representation. In other words, mile markers 3.3 and the next mile marker (3.8) are the same distance apart on the X axis in the graphic representation as is marker 3.8 and the next one (12.5). This distorts the graphic representation of the actual linear distance between the...

Problems with a Folder in Outlook 2000 SR-1
I just started having a problem with MS-Outlook. One of my mail-folders called 'to review' cannot open, every time I open it to see what items are in it, it just makes a weird noise on my hard drive. I did a right click on the Outlook File name and checked the folder size, and it returned with an error message. All other folders (like 30 or so) return a valid folder size. After that I went and ran the Inbox Tool Repair Kit and that returned an error message on that folder as well and told me to run scandisk.....well boys and girls, I don't think Scandisk is on Win2K Pro. Also,...

Email Help???
I am currently running Windows 2K with Office 2000. When ever I go to send an email message, the message hangs. When I click on send, the message remains open with the hourglass for a good 30 seconds before being sent. Has anyone come across this problem? Any suggestions??? Thanx in advance.... ...