Problem - Mixing Exchange Server and POP3 ISP accounts

Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s
associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook
2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion.

The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its
messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice
versa.

When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any
messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the
exchange server in-box on my client PC,  the software tells me I have to
go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for the ISP POP3
account.

Did I err in not creating a SEPARATE data file and identity when I added
my corporate workplace exchange server account to several personal
and POP3 accounts listed in the same folder list.

Now Exchange Server seems to have taken over my whole Outlook and I
can;t control where messages are going....

any way out of this mess other than deleting all accounts and data files
and/or re-installing the software ?
0
mbryan (2)

Mike BRYAN <mbryan@magma.ca> wrote:

> Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s
> associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook
> 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion.
>
> The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its
> messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice
> versa.

There is only a single delivery location (i.e., one active inbox) for a
profile no matter how many accounts you have.  Both your Exchange connection
and your POP connection will deliver to the same inbox.  That's normal.  If
you want to separate them, you must find something in the messages that
distinguishes the two classes of message and use a rule to move one class to
a folder other than Inbox.  If your Exchange account address differs from
your POP account address, that's a good way.  The rule can test the
recipient address and, if it's your POP address, move the message to a
folder in your Personal Folders file.  Many people take this very approach
and find it works well for them.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Outlook address book problem
I am running the Outlook CRM desktop client, which accesses my address book everytme I open an email. Is there anyway of stopping in a centralised fashion the pop up box that says "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses"? Look in Help | About Microsoft Outlook and tell us whether Security Mode = is listed as User Controlled or Administrator Controlled.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users...

Exchange 5.5: X400 vs. Site Connector
Is there a performance difference between the Site Connector and X 400?? Let me give you a little more info, I have two sites which are connected via a VPN (dedicated connection using T1's on both sides). I currently have an X400 connector between the two sites, however...I'm moving my exchange server to a new system in one side which means I'm going to have to rebuild the connectors. I'm not using any scheduling, user priorities, message size limitations or any of the advanced features of the X 400 connector. So the only question left is...is there any performance/scaliabi...

Show prices with detail on Account Statements?
I am customizing statement.xml. I really need to show prices next to each item in the detail. Is this possible? Even with the variable AccountStatement.Activities.FullDetails, I just get the description of the item. Because this store is a pharmacy, customers want to know that they bought a prescription for $20.00 and a bottle of aspirin for $5. The transaction total of $25 is not good enough. Anyone know a way to show prices for each item within a transaction on a statement? Cheers! Steve Steve, Without looking, I would say no. That's the purpose of a receipt / invoice. A stat...

Worksheet Problem 01-04-10
So I have a couple of issues. I go to open up a file today and try to unhide two worksheets that were hidden, and they are gone. I can still see them in VBA, but cannot open them and they are not visible at all in excel. I also am having trouble inserting a new worksheet. All the options are they, but I am not able to select insert. Any help would be appreciated. CHeck to see if workbook protection is activated. That would prevent you from being able to add new sheets (or unhide). Also, in VBE, check to see if the missing sheets have a visible status of "xlSheetVe...

Custom entity upgrade to 4.0 problem
We upgraded out CRM 3.0 installation to 4.0.We have a bunch of custom entities most of which are functioning fine after the upgrade. One of the entities, though, fails to save in the new version with a non-detailed "Error saving" type message. Any ideas of what we can check? Hi Esther, You could start with checking the event viewer. If that doesnt give any result, then enable the tracing for crm and look in the trace files for any errors. The last resolution would be to start a database profiler trace and see if you can find any useful information in there. Hope this helps, ...

It all started with Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange SP2
We have a simple domain - one DC and one Member server supporting Exchange 2003. Both run with - DC Windows 2003 Enterprise and Exchange Windows 2003 Standard. My clients all use Office 2003 Professional. I have installed SP1 on both and SP2 on the Exchange server. Now the fun starts and where I am looking for help. Point 1 - I understand that the new Firewall using SCW has some problems; to the extent that Microsoft has issued a Troubleshooting Guide. I see there could be problems (article ID 896742) and Microsoft has a fix. I also understand that the recommendation is not to use SC...

Problems installingOutlook 2002 on new computer
I just got a new computer at work and I'm trying to install Outlook 2002 so I can "Active Sync" my Ipaq 3800 w/ this new computer. Outlook 2002 seemed to installed just fine but when I try to open it, it tells me I need to create a user profile. I have done this about 10 times now and the system doesn't recognize any profiles. It also give a 2nd error message that says that "the server is not available". I am not trying to hook up to a server so I'm wondering if there is a setting somewhere that is incorrect and Outlook is looking for a server. Can a...

Cash Accounts for Investments
I have two stocks held with the same Financial Institution. Each stock carries its' own Cash account (I opted for the Dividend Reinvestment Plan). However, since Microsoft Money recognises them as being from the same Financial Institution, it collates them into one Cash account. Is there a correct way to split them? I'm sorting through previous financial records, in an attempt to get Money up to date. Hence the influx of questions. Sorry :-) Thank you in advance. Andy There's no way to have more than one "Associated Cash Account". But maybe it doesn't mat...

Automate processing of recieved email in Exchange
Hi All, I need to parse incoming e-mail (to a particular email address hosted on an Exchange server). The email is generated by a web site which then encrypts the data with PGP and sends it to a specific address. Can Exchange be programmed to decrypt the e-mail and safe the contents to a file? If not, are there any third party software anyone knows about that may assist? Thanks, best regards, Matt Seddon. ...

Monitoring Exchange 2003
How do I check the mail messages sitting in my SMTP queue using Exchange System Manager? Under property, the status is showing "Retry Remote Delivery". What is a better way to monitor what is going on in my Exchange server? I am running Exchange 2003 server. Is there also a way of seeing incoming emails before they are delivered to the intended recipients? If I can not use the Exchange System Manager in monitoring, what else can I use? Thanks Emma ...

Set up multiple email accounts on Outlook 2002, so that the mail .
I would like multiple email accounts, in separate folders, so my family, business and consumer mail do not comingle, whether sending or recieving. At present,, they are comingled, and I cannot find the right way to correct this. The easiest method is to use profiles, one for each purpose. Otherwise, you can use rules to move mail when receiving and sending. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching...

Emails from Outlook to Hotmail accounts
I have just change my email client from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002. Messages sent to Hotmail addresses are not getting through and produce a message: 550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups] If anyone can tell me how to overcome this I should be most grateful. You may need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account (press the "More Settings..." button on the account page). -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided &quo...

[Bitmap] problem loading from array
Hello! I'm trying to load a bitmap from an array using the following code : CBitmap bmp1; bmp1.CreateBitmap(im_data.width,im_data.height,1,24,NULL); bmp1.SetBitmapBits(im_data.length,im_data.data_buf); CClientDC dc(this);//CPaintDC dc(this); CDC bmDC; bmDC.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc); CBitmap *pOldbmp = bmDC.SelectObject(&bmp1); dc.BitBlt(50,150,im_data.width,im_data.height,&bmDC,0,0,SRCCOPY); bmDC.SelectObject(pOldbmp); where im_data.width is the width of the image where im_data.height is the height of the image where im_data.length is the number of bytes in the image ...

Need help with cursor spacing problem
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3173510125_666133 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello: I�m trying to fill in a form that�s MS Word based. I�m using MS Office X on a Mac G4 with system 10.3.4. When I type, the cursor seems to have an extra space between the last letter and the place where I want to put a new one. In other words, I�m unable to align the cursor exactly where I want it to go. It makes typing almost imposs...

Problem using a report from Access2003 to Access2007
I am trying to use a database created with Access 2003 in Access 2007 but have come up with a problem. The database contains a report which produces invoices for sales between two dates. When the report is run the user is asked to input sale date From and To (this is set up in the Invoice Query), Invoice Date and Invoice Start Number - these two are set up as text boxes on the report. Invoice Date conrol source has [Enter Invoice Date] and Invoice Start Number has [Page]+[Invoice Start Number]-1. This works fine in Access 2003 and the invoices come out correctly but in 2007 invoice ...

Mailbox throws "Exchange is currently in recovery mode" message when opening
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. I went ahead and deleted an AD account of type InetOrgPerson and it's associated mailbox. Even though the AD account was an InetOrgPerson type, it seemed to work ok like that up until the last couple of days until it mysteriously stopped working. So I re-created the account, setting it to type "user" instead of InetOrgPerson. I ran a mailbox cleanup agent task on the store and purged the mailbox. Re-created it about 5 seconds later. This is the only store on the only server in the site. When I tried to open Out...

Exchange 5.5 config issue?
We're keeping our Exchange Server without much inhouse expertise, and managing to support 140 users - so far so good. But I think we have a setting or configuration problem. If an email in a client's Outlook Inbox is there more than 2 or 3 days, reading, deleting, forwarding or any action takes about 30 seconds to execute. You get the "Microsoft Exchange is requesting Data from the server" dialog box with a subsequent 10 second or so delay, and it's annoying. Is this a caching setting on the server, and how can we extend the number of days that an email can be process...

Export memberships of all Exchange DLs
Is there a way that we can export all Exchange (2003, AD 2003) DLs and also view their memberships? Thanks! csvde.exe -f output.csv -r "(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectClass=group)) ))" -l "member" "Fletcher" <iliketodirtbike@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uP1pAhkdEHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is there a way that we can export all Exchange (2003, AD 2003) DLs and also > view their memberships? > > Thanks! > > ...

Question with local vs. remote (Exchange server) data
Can someone please explain something basic to me about the way Outlook works. I'm a Mac user and not familiar with this thing but now need to figure out how to synchronize it with a PocketPC PDA device. We've got Outlook on our PCs (W2K), connected to an Exchange server. So, I see my calendar and contacts, which I know live on the server. But when I sync my device, it ends up empty. Is there some sort of "local" (to my PC) data that it's using instead of the Exchange server's info? If so, where is it and how do I find it? If I could find it, I could copy the Exchan...

Mailbox Resources (exchange 5.5)
I have recently noticed a large volume of 'deleted items' building within the Exchange Administrator/Mailbox Resource Checking the actual 'deleted items' folders for each user shows nearly empty versus the folder I can see in Exchange Administration, which shows several users 'deleted items' folders over 100MB. It is Cached? How can I clean this up? "Steve" <srosenthal@audioadvisors.com> wrote: >I have recently noticed a large volume of 'deleted items' building within the Exchange Administrator/Mailbox Resources >Checking the actual '...

System restore problem
Windows XP Home SP3. I'm trying to do a system restore, by going to Start | Accessories | System Tools | System restore. I select a date, and click next, but nothing happens. I've tried several different dates with no luck. Am I screwed or is there a way to manually force a system restore without using this wizard? Thanks in advance for any help. Craig Try SR in Safe Mode. Why do you want to run SR? Are you having a problem? "Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:u9722H$sKHA.5276@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Win...

Migrate from Sbs 2003 to Win 2008 Std + Exchange 2010
Hi, I need to migrate my solution from sbs to std. I have 75 client, using file server, domain and exchange mailboxes. i have 2 new server with 2008 std r2 operating system. One for AD, other for Exchange 2010. Sbs server will be dismiss. Is possible migrate user account and mailboxs ? Is possible mantein the same domain name? (if not is not a problem) Have you a documents that explain step by step how to migrate ? Thank you very much Lorenzo Hi Lorenzo: By now there are thousands of references to various migration strategies listed in the various groups and els...

CHtmlEditCtrl
I'm trying to use this class but documentation about it is minimal. I'd like to know: 1. How shoud I create this control to have edit mode without any margins like after this: <body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" rightmargin="0" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;" alink="red" link="blue" vlink="navy" > 2. How intercept pressing Enter to make additional operations. 3. How put any text to this control from program (no from file, address. etc.) 4. How set caret to the end of line (for instance a...

y-axis problems
Hello, When I create a bar chart (in powerpoint or excel) on my PC, the last letter on the X axis label gets cut off when I rotate the label to run sideways. It works fine on my laptop, but if I open the file on my PC and click on the chart area, the last letter disappears. This is a very common experience. Some uses add "hard-spaces" which is ANSI 0160 - hold ALT down and type 0160 on numeric pad Other add some nonsense text (three periods) and format it with a color and background to make invisible. Best wishes - Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS ...

Separate database server for CRM
We have CRM installed accross an application server and a separate database server. We're getting an error when our custom pages try to access a custom database. The error message: "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." Everything works fine in the development environment, which unfortunately has everything on one server. >From other information we've found, the issue seems to be that the ASPNet user is not being authenticated on the database server. If we turn on anonymous access and force it to a domain ac...