Problem: emails being sent multiple times

Outlook Express on Vista.

I have a colleague who has a problem that some of his emails are being
sent many many times eg 50 or 100 times. He only clicks send once.

Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix?
Cheers
Alec
0
alecmcq (4)

There is no Outlook Express on Vista

On Vista it is Windows Mail and all relevant questions about it should =
be posted to the microsoft.public.vista.mail
 newsgroup

--=20
Peter

"Alec" <alecmcq@tpg.com.au> wrote in message =
> Outlook Express on Vista.
>=20
> I have a colleague who has a problem that some of his emails are being =

> sent many many times eg 50 or 100 times. He only clicks send once.
>=20
> Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix?
> Cheers
> Alec
0
okf221 (388)
9/30/2008 11:45:12 AM
Random emails are being sent repeatedly.  Sometimes 256 times to one recipient.  I'm only hitting send once.  The problem is getting worse.  But not every email is sent repeatedly.  This is my business account and isn't good
customer relations.  Has anyone else solved this dilemma?

Alec wrote:

Problem: emails being sent multiple times
29-Sep-08

Outlook Express on Vista.

I have a colleague who has a problem that some of his emails are being
sent many many times eg 50 or 100 times. He only clicks send once.

Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix?
Cheers
Alec

On Monday, September 29, 2008 10:59 PM
Alec wrote:

Problem: emails being sent multiple times
Outlook Express on Vista.

I have a colleague who has a problem that some of his emails are being
sent many many times eg 50 or 100 times. He only clicks send once.

Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix?
Cheers
Alec

On Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:45 AM
Peter Foldes wrote:

There is no Outlook Express on VistaOn Vista it is Windows Mail and all
There is no Outlook Express on Vista

On Vista it is Windows Mail and all relevant questions about it should =
be posted to the microsoft.public.vista.mail
 newsgroup

--=20
Peter

"Alec" <alecmcq@tpg.com.au> wrote in message =

Missed PDC 2005? Here's the content Download Page
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/07293840-c8ac-42f0-aaa9-f7ce5030363d/missed-pdc-2005-heres-t.aspx
0
Lorelei
12/1/2009 3:46:57 PM
And what email program & version are you using?
If its Outlook Express, as detailed in the post you hijacked then Express
has its own groups

<Lorelei Bryan> wrote in message
> Random emails are being sent repeatedly.  Sometimes 256 times to one
> recipient.  I'm only hitting send once.  The problem is getting worse.
> But not every email is sent repeatedly.  This is my business account and
> isn't good
> customer relations.  Has anyone else solved this dilemma?
>

> Alec wrote:
>
> Problem: emails being sent multiple times
> 29-Sep-08
>
> Outlook Express on Vista.
>
> I have a colleague who has a problem that some of his emails are being
> sent many many times eg 50 or 100 times. He only clicks send once.
>
> Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix?
> Cheers
> Alec

> On Monday, September 29, 2008 10:59 PM
> Alec wrote:
>
> Problem: emails being sent multiple times
> Outlook Express on Vista.
>
> I have a colleague who has a problem that some of his emails are being
> sent many many times eg 50 or 100 times. He only clicks send once.
>
> Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix?
> Cheers
> Alec
>
> On Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:45 AM
> Peter Foldes wrote:
>
> There is no Outlook Express on VistaOn Vista it is Windows Mail and all
> There is no Outlook Express on Vista
>
> On Vista it is Windows Mail and all relevant questions about it should =
> be posted to the microsoft.public.vista.mail
> newsgroup
>
> --=20
> Peter

> "Alec" <alecmcq@tpg.com.au> wrote in message =

> Missed PDC 2005? Here's the content Download Page
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/07293840-c8ac-42f0-aaa9-f7ce5030363d/missed-pdc-2005-heres-t.aspx

0
notvalid5776 (249)
12/1/2009 3:59:00 PM
Do you have antivirus configured to integrate with Outlook? Does it actively
scan all incoming and outgoing emails? You can safely disable this
integration with Outlook since it's not required and often causes the
behaviour you see. Your real time on access scanner will catch anything
(that it's been updated for, if you don't update your antivirus then it
doesn't protect you adequately).

With some antivirus applications, you may have to uninstall and reinstall
omitting the Outlook integration. If you use Norton, in addition to
uninstalling there is a utility that you have to download from the Symantec
website to completely remove it before you can reinstall.

If you use AVG, stop the email scanning service.

<Lorelei Bryan> wrote in message
> Random emails are being sent repeatedly.  Sometimes 256 times to one
recipient.  I'm only hitting send once.  The problem is getting worse.  But
not every email is sent repeatedly.  This is my business account and isn't
good
> customer relations.  Has anyone else solved this dilemma?
>

> Alec wrote:
>
> Problem: emails being sent multiple times
> 29-Sep-08
>
> Outlook Express on Vista.
>
> I have a colleague who has a problem that some of his emails are being
> sent many many times eg 50 or 100 times. He only clicks send once.
>
> Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix?
> Cheers
> Alec

> On Monday, September 29, 2008 10:59 PM
> Alec wrote:
>
> Problem: emails being sent multiple times
> Outlook Express on Vista.
>
> I have a colleague who has a problem that some of his emails are being
> sent many many times eg 50 or 100 times. He only clicks send once.
>
> Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix?
> Cheers
> Alec
>
> On Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:45 AM
> Peter Foldes wrote:
>
> There is no Outlook Express on VistaOn Vista it is Windows Mail and all
> There is no Outlook Express on Vista
>
> On Vista it is Windows Mail and all relevant questions about it should =
> be posted to the microsoft.public.vista.mail
>  newsgroup
>
> --=20
> Peter

> "Alec" <alecmcq@tpg.com.au> wrote in message =

> Missed PDC 2005? Here's the content Download Page

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/07293840-c8ac-42f0-aaa9-f7ce5030363d/missed-pdc-2005-heres-t.aspx

0
korland (145)
12/1/2009 4:00:31 PM
<Lorelei Bryan> wrote in message

> Random emails are being sent repeatedly.  Sometimes 256 times to one
> recipient.  I'm only hitting send
> once.  The problem is getting worse.  But not every email is sent
> repeatedly.  This is my business
> account and isn't good customer relations.  Has anyone else solved this
> dilemma?

Random?  Do you mean there's no telling what mail message the recipient will
get?  If that's the case, what makes you think your Outlook client is
involved?  What's the version and account type, by the way?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Exchange update problem

Timed Rental
Retail Management Systems Ltd. has just released a new addon for Timed Rental. RMS TimeZone allows you to rent out 'zones'. The easy thing is, you decide what a zone is. Whether you own a golf dome, billiard hall, shooting range (see list below for many other industries) you have the power to specify base pricing, minimum times, and additional per minute pricing. The visual interface tells the employees which zones are occupied/rented, by which customer, and how long the zone has been in use. TimeZone supports an unlimited number of zones. This add-on provides easy to use mouse...

multiple Domain name delivery problem

SQL deadlock problem

docmd.transfertext problem

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

Time differances
1 have 4 boxes start time end time lunch hours worked 09:00 17:00 1.00 7:00 09:00 17:00 0.30 7:70 (should be 7:50) (B3-A3)*24-C3 How do I make it 9.5 hours by changing forumla Thanks Trever, =(B3-A3)*24-C3*24 Format for General, Number, or anything except Date/Time. Format - Cells - Number. You'll get 7.5. If you got 7:50, as you requested, it would look like hours and minutes. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Trever B" <TreverB@discussions.microsoft.c...

Outlook 2003

hyperlinking email addresses

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

Incoming email slow to come in

Border problems

Looking for help on timing within a function
At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes. They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of the database to show how long they have been working on the current work order, updating each time they sing out another order. I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work being done? Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done. In this ex...

Accessing the same PST file from multiple WinXP Pro IDs
I am running a Windows NT 4.0 network with workstations with Windows XP Pro. One user has Outlook 2000 on his notebook. He has a profile to log on to the machine itself (i.e. not on the Windows NT domain) for when he's "on the road" and one for logging on to the NT network domain to use the printers and network facilities. On my personal notebook I have Office XP and I was able to configure Outlook's data files (Tools -> Options -> Mail Setup -> Data Files) so that I would access the same PST file under both profiles. I cannot figure out how/if this is poss...

Amount of time between dates
Hello all, My last post gave me a super quick answer to what I couldn't figure out after days and days of personal searching and trial and error. What a great user group! Got another question that I hope is fairly straight forward, but it is a new area to me, dealing with dates. Basically, the very first column contains dates. To be precise, they are the dates of stock market transactions. For the past six months, I have been estimating that there have been 252 trading days a year, and then figuring out annual returns and such by dividing, let's say, 834 tradings days by 252, so ...

Outlook 2002 XP SP 3 Archive problem
Hi there I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders. I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other -> and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed the "apply these setting to all folders" button. I ...

Is there a way to schedule a email to send out at a certain time?
I tried delay the mail, but the sent hour is not right. For example, the email should go out at 8am, but the sent time is 5:30pm which should be 8am also. Please help! "Grace" <Grace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1395D87B-2982-4800-8522-165781125E6A@microsoft.com... >I tried delay the mail, but the sent hour is not right. > For example, the email should go out at 8am, but the sent time is 5:30pm > which should be 8am also. Please help! The Sent time and the delivery time are completely separate. The Sent time that people will see w...