Printed Calendar with Same Month at Top

I posted this question in the Calendaring newsgroup and no
one knew of an answer.  I haven't found any
acknowledgement from Microsoft that this is a bug. Would
like to know.

When printing my monthly calendar, the top of the page
shows thumbnail versions of the previous and next months,
like most calendars do.  Except mine shows the current
month and the next month.  It doesn't really help to have
the same month twice on the page! :)  Any ideas? Or is
this a bug?

0
jpowel1 (1)

It's not just you, but as far as I know it's by design, so it's not
really a "bug".  You might want to check out one of several available MS
Word templates that extract your Outlook calendar data and use it to
create a much more customizable Word calendar, which does show the
previous and next month thumbnail calendars at the top.  Info and links
to these templates are available here:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print

Also, you might want to send a suggestion to Microsoft that they change
the thumbnail months in future versions of Outlook (it's too late for
Outlook 2003, but maybe for 2004...?).  Send suggestions to
mswish@microsoft.com with Outlook in the subject line.  Microsoft DOES
read these messages, and the more people requesting a feature change,
the more likely it will happen.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"Julie Powell" <jpowel1@mccus.jnj.com> wrote in message
> I posted this question in the Calendaring newsgroup and no
> one knew of an answer.  I haven't found any
> acknowledgement from Microsoft that this is a bug. Would
> like to know.
>
> When printing my monthly calendar, the top of the page
> shows thumbnail versions of the previous and next months,
> like most calendars do.  Except mine shows the current
> month and the next month.  It doesn't really help to have
> the same month twice on the page! :)  Any ideas? Or is
> this a bug?

Printing wide columns
Hi all I have a spreadsheet that I want to print. It's only 2 columns, but the second column is very wide. I seem only able to print the first column. However if I reduce the width of column B to 88 or less it prints both columns. is this usual? I'm running XP. Thanks Really would depend on how big the paper your printing on to is. Print Preview. Page Setup Then adjust to 1 by 1 or % of actual size to fit onto how ever many pages you want. "Richard" wrote: > Hi all > > I have a spreadsheet that I want to print. It's only 2 > columns, but the seco...

Need help to bring a modeless dialog to top
[I'm using VC++7 on Windows 2000) I have a modeless dialog and I need it to be on top & have focus everytime I show this dialog. But for some reasons, this dialog (most of the time) comes up behind another dialog (not its parent, but sibling). I have tried all of these but nothing worked SetActiveWindow SetFocus BringWindowToTop SetForegroundWindow The only thing that could bring this dialog to the top (but still doesn't have focus) is SetWindowPos with wndTopMost, but of course it keeps the dialog on top forever, which I don't want. I also tried to combine SetWindowPos (wit...

Printing #9
I work like to know how to set up the print function so I can print multiple worksheets in the same wookbook by just clicking the print button. Hi Tom Select the Sheets and print Don't forget to ungroup the sheets Or use VBA ActiveWorkbook.PrintOut 'the whole workbook Worksheets.PrintOut 'all worksheets Sheets.PrintOut 'all sheets Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3")).PrintOut 'all sheets in the array ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut 'print all selected sheets ActiveSheet.PrintOut 'only the activesheet Sheets("Sheet1").Print...

how do i sort dates by months and not years?
I have two columns. One with dates and one with names: 09/22/77 Jane Doe I'm trying to sort these by months so I can keep track of people's birthdays. Is there a way to do that? Thanks! One way, in a third adjacent column enter =MONTH{A1) assuming the date is in column A then sort the range by that column, Regards, Alan. "A Homeschool Mom" <A Homeschool Mom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1A68119-E817-4BA5-8700-E01899997A12@microsoft.com... >I have two columns. One with dates and one with names: > > 09/22/77 Jane Doe > &g...

Credit Memo and Check Printing
My user wants the credit memo dollar amount printed on the check stub instead of zero dollars for credit memos like we currently have now. This way the vendor sees the posted the credit memo and for the agreed amount. I've been all over the setup options and there's nothing in Payables or Checkbooks that will print the actual dollar amount. Can this be done? Thanks, Sandy D'Anna Spectrum Financial Scottsdale, AZ If you apply the credit before you go into check printing selection it will not print on the stub, however if you apply the credit memo as part of the creation of th...

Printing Problem
I've also posted this to the printing newsgroup, but I thought I'd post it here too in case anyone knows about this problem: I am having a problem printing spreadsheets in Excel. Every time I try to print, Excel reduces the printing area to the upper left hand quarter of the page, despite the fact that the print preview is the normal full page. All of my settings seem correct. Has anyone had this problem before. I would appreciate it if someone could email me a reply. OS: Windows XP Printer: HP Laserjet 1000, updated driver Thanks Unfortunately, that didn't work. Thanks for y...

how can i print certain booklet pages as seen on my screen?
I am using Publisher 2003 and want to print out the pages of a 'booklet' to correct as proofs, but print them as I see them appear on the screen; and NOT as Publisher keeps printing them in the actual booklet page order which is different. Please help. ( Printing off the whole monitor screen is no good for me.) Open a new instance of Publisher, setup a new letter size page as landscape, copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Duncan-Desperate" <Duncan-Desperate@discussions.microsoft.com>...

printing labels in mailmerge wizard from excel doc.
Sorry. I was vague in my last e-mail. These are the steps I followed and where I go wrong: 1) open Word. 2) tools>Letters and mailings>mail merge wizard. 3)'Labels' radio button; scroll down to the bottom and click 'next: starting document'. 4)'Start from existing document' radio button, then I open the excel file I need. 5)It asks 'Entire workbook' so I scroll to the other option, which is my particular "Worksheet" then I open it. When it opens it's not in label format but I have faith and follow the steps anyway.6) I click 'next...

Stay on top of main application window but not topmost
I have a dialog based application, and I'm using Chris Maunder's CProgressWnd to occasionally pop up a progress window. When the CProgressWnd is created it disables my main application dialog window and uses the style WS_EX_TOPMOST to stay on top of it. The problem is that WS_EX_TOPMOST causes the progress window to stay on top of ALL other applications' windows. What I really want is for the CProgressWnd to stay on top of my main dialog window BUT NOT stay on top of any other applications' windows. That means that other applications can be started up and my application...

Calendar: print Daily style, 2 pages/day, no TaskPad, no Notes
Hello -- The Notes component of the Daily format still prints, even after I uncheck the Notes area box. The setting for Layout: 2 pages/day does not work. I tried setting up a printer to print 2 pages / landscape page and that did not work either. Can anyone suggest what I can do to have 2 consecutive days print side-by-side on an 8.5" x 11" landscape page? Thanks for any help. Larry Mehl ...

Publisher stops responding after printing
Just a quick question... I am using Windows 98 SE, running publisher 2002 I have a HP psc 750 printer with the latest drivers installed. I also installed all the latest updated for windows. Publisher stops responding after I send a project to the printer. Any suggestions.... Thanks Arnold After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Arnold <arnoldNOSPAM@arnoldsite.com>... > Publisher stops responding after I send a project to the printer. Does the document print? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Bef...

Help, photo won't print
I scanned a photo that is a weird shape, it's a rectangle with an inset picture that is a square sitting on the top left. It's from a magazine article that I have permission to reprint in my newsletter. Because of the strange shape and I wanted text to wrap close to the inset picture on top, I created a transparent area so that the text would wrap close to the picture. Now, when we try to print that page, we get an X and a blank area where the picture is supposed to be. Is there any way for me to get this picture to print? It was scanned in Photoshop Elements and I saved it as a jp...

EXCEL:printing row headings at the top of every page.
I have looked at the EXCEL help and am not able to get row headings at the top of every page. I see the sheet tab and I see where I am "supposed" to enter the rows to be printed at the top of every page. HOWEVER these cells are "grayed out" i.e. inaccessible. Is there something else I need to do before I can access this function? It seems simple enough, but I am not able to enter rows to be printed. Any ideas? Are the sheets grouped? as this will cause that to happen, in which case you need to ungroup and set the print area. -- Regards Ken.............

another question on printing invoices.
Thanks to a suggestion here, I was able to graph out the spaces on the invoices properly, but I ran into another snag, here's the situation: I am tryinhg to figure out a way to print invoices from an excell spreadsheet. The invoices are pre-formated with fields and logos and are on continuous paper that is fed into a dot matrix impact printer. It's NCR paper, an original and two copies. The rows of the spread sheet contain the data that needs to be in the invoice. Each row has customer information, ie, name, address, item bought, price per unit, number of units, sales tax, and t...

How can i print sequential page numbers 1 to 10, if i have one wo.
I have an excel worksheet that is one page long. I want to print it 100 times with page numbers labeling it 1 to 100. How do i do this? DJN Code from Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/print´┐Ż.htm#number Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet() Dim CopiesCount As Long Dim CopieNumber As Long CopiesCount = Application.InputBox("How many Copies do you want", Type:=1) For CopieNumber = 1 To CopiesCount With ActiveSheet 'number in cell A1 '.Range("a1").Value = CopieNumber & " of " & Copi...

Default printing selection
Is there a way to set the "Entire Workbook" selection in the print dialogue box as the default, instead of having to choose manually? Thanks. ...

How to Monthly Usage Average
I have a row of cells that will have the date (cell formatted for date) and also a qty ordered cell. How often we make entries within a mont will vary. I help in creating a formula that will produce the followin results: Monthly Total of Qty Ordered, Monthly Average. Any tips on ho I can get started on this would be appreciated. Thank you, Raymon -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may have a look at pivot tables: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html -- Regards Frank Kabel...

FONTS print as00000000000000
Fonts aren't printing in publisher.... I tried reinstalling publisher and the printer.... and driver.... I can't figure it out.... Numbers print and some exclamation points... etc.... ...

printing on 11 x 17 wide printer
We have a HP1220c which allows us to print 11 X 17 . I am trying to print a 5 page excel spreadsheet which I can print with no problem on an HP2200. The problem is it will not print page 1 but 2-5 print ok. Any ideas on what causes this problem? -- QUICK-WRIGHT The One Source Resource www.qwa.com 800 813-1592 Will Sellers IT Manager ...

How do I print graphs poster size (4
In my previous version of Excel I could print graphs in what I think was called "poster". It would print 4 panels on 8 1/2 x 11 that could be connected together to make a poster size graph. It would print dotted lines and solid lines and told where to cut and paste. I cannot find how to do that now that we have upgraded to Excel 2002. The capability that you describe would be really neat to have but AFAIK no version of XL has ever supported it. You must have had some special third party program or add-in. Of course, such a capability might be feature of your printer (driver...

Printing the last column on every page printed.
I want to be able to print the last column of my spreadsheet (Total column) on every page that is printed from this workbook. How can I do this? I'm stumped... Thanks for your help! Are all the last columns in the same location (column X for example)? If yes, you could group all the sheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent). then select column X File|print|Select (bottom left corner) Do a preview first. But this prints each worksheet (column) on a different sheet. ====== You could have a macro that built a new worksheet and just copy|pastes values| that last column ...

Can one adjust Format Row Autofit to ensure WYSIWYG when printing
Does anyone know if you can adjust Format Rows Autofit to ensure WYSIWYG when printing. I am continually frustrated that when I print after using the autofit function that I get text cut in half and underlines missing. Autofit does not seem to work properly. Can it be set to slightly overcompensate perhaps? Hi Gray, this problem only happens when you're working in a zoo different from 100%; so if you're working with 115% and autofit th rows they won't show up properly when you print (they will be cutted) Also there is a problem you have to consider is when you use Bold o...

Attendance Calendar
I need code for a calendar that will allow me to pick a day(s) for a user and also specify how many hours will be taken on that day. The individual days, along with the hours, then need to be added to a table so the hours can be tracked for a 12 month period. I have found code for an attendance calendar which gets me part way there. http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/downloads.htm It doesn't allow hours to be entered or to click off the day if it was chosen by mistake. Does anyone know of code that will do everything I need? Thanks in advance. This doesn't allow entering...

Calendar won't show months
I have a view in Outlook (Win XP) with schedule on left, 2 months of calendar on upper right, and tasks on lower right. I can stop and start Outlook and it comes back with this appearance, but after a logoff/logon or reboot, the view is no months on the right and all tasks on the right. Of course, you can click/drag the months back, but it never sticks. Any ideas on what's going one? Where are the view settings stored? Perhaps I could delete and then remake them. Cheers! Michael -- RASBERRY AGENCY LTD P O Box 11773, Charlotte, NC 28220-1773 Local (704) 372-218...

Spot Color separations not printing correctly
I am trying to print seperations for a two color project ( black + one pantone color). When I print on my InkJet and Laser printer the seperations are screwed up. When I took the file to the printer for preflight they were OK ?? Anybody know why ? "Screwed up" how? How was job preflighted? "Stuart F." <sfirstdc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:004501c352d6$8c5f7150$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to print seperations for a two color project > ( black + one pantone color). When I print on my InkJet > and Laser printer the seperations are screwed up...