Print First Page Only

Hi Groupies:

In Outlook 2007, how can you tell it to print only the 1st page of a multi
page email? Am I blind or is the option just not there?

--
Thanks for taking the time!

CJ
Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups!

"CJ" <private@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
> Hi Groupies:
>
> In Outlook 2007, how can you tell it to print only the 1st page of a multi
> page email? Am I blind or is the option just not there?

It is, but it's not obvious. Open the message and click on Other
Actions-View in Browser. You can then use the browser print function to
print whatever you want.

HTH

0
gbplinux (1141)
5/26/2008 7:00:26 PM
"Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "CJ" <private@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Groupies:
>>
>> In Outlook 2007, how can you tell it to print only the 1st page of a
>> multi page email? Am I blind or is the option just not there?
>>

> It is, but it's not obvious. Open the message and click on Other
> Actions-View in Browser. You can then use the browser print function to
> print whatever you want.
>
> HTH

Good Grief!!! Well that's handy isn't it!!!!????

I'm extremely close to drafting a letter that would start as follows:

"Dear Microsoft:

Please stop removing functionality from your products......."

Thanks very very much for your help Gordon.

--

> "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> "CJ" <private@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Groupies:
>>>
>>> In Outlook 2007, how can you tell it to print only the 1st page of a
>>> multi page email? Am I blind or is the option just not there?
>>>

>> It is, but it's not obvious. Open the message and click on Other
>> Actions-View in Browser. You can then use the browser print function to
>> print whatever you want.
>>
>> HTH
>
> Good Grief!!! Well that's handy isn't it!!!!????
>
> I'm extremely close to drafting a letter that would start as follows:
>
> "Dear Microsoft:
>
> Please stop removing functionality from your products......."
>

> Thanks very very much for your help Gordon.

YW - I forgot to add that this will only work for HTML messages AFAIK....

0
gbplinux (1141)
5/26/2008 8:18:27 PM
Well, to be precise; the option has never been in Outlook. It has always
been an Internet Explorer option which became available as a side effect of
Outlook (before 2007) using Internet Explorer to print HTML messages. But I
agree with the end-user experience; the printing options in Outlook are
limited.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"CJ" <private@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
> "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> "CJ" <private@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Groupies:
>>>
>>> In Outlook 2007, how can you tell it to print only the 1st page of a
>>> multi page email? Am I blind or is the option just not there?
>>>

>> It is, but it's not obvious. Open the message and click on Other
>> Actions-View in Browser. You can then use the browser print function to
>> print whatever you want.
>>
>> HTH
>
> Good Grief!!! Well that's handy isn't it!!!!????
>
> I'm extremely close to drafting a letter that would start as follows:
>
> "Dear Microsoft:
>
> Please stop removing functionality from your products......."
>

> Thanks very very much for your help Gordon.
>
> --
> Thanks for taking the time!
>
> CJ
> Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups!

0
Roady
5/26/2008 10:10:18 PM
You can make it working with my macro for Plain Text messages as well;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/openmessageinbrowser.htm

--

> "CJ" <private@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
>> "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
>>> "CJ" <private@newsgroups.com> wrote in message

>>> It is, but it's not obvious. Open the message and click on Other
>>> Actions-View in Browser. You can then use the browser print function to
>>> print whatever you want.
>>>
>>> HTH
>>
>> Good Grief!!! Well that's handy isn't it!!!!????
>>
>> I'm extremely close to drafting a letter that would start as follows:
>>
>> "Dear Microsoft:
>>
>> Please stop removing functionality from your products......."
>>

>> Thanks very very much for your help Gordon.
>>

> YW - I forgot to add that this will only work for HTML messages AFAIK....

0
Roady
5/26/2008 10:10:55 PM
CJ <private@newsgroups.com> wrote:

> I'm extremely close to drafting a letter that would start as follows:
>
> "Dear Microsoft:
>
> Please stop removing functionality from your products......."

Good idea!  Why not follow through on it?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

"Gordon" wrote:

> "CJ" <private@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Groupies:
> >
> > In Outlook 2007, how can you tell it to print only the 1st page of a multi
> > page email? Am I blind or is the option just not there?
> >

> It is, but it's not obvious. Open the message and click on Other
> Actions-View in Browser. You can then use the browser print function to
> print whatever you want.
>
> HTH

I was looking for this info for long. Thanks
0
TAS (5)

Print a worksheet when a cell = 1
I want to print a worksheet when a value of 1 appears in cell A1 (The cell is linked to another program which will write a 1 into the cell when a printout is required) Please tell me how I can achieve this – all suggestions welcome Is that link a formula to a different worksheet in a different workbook? Or is it the result of some kind of query? A little more information may help get an answer. Pat wrote: > > I want to print a worksheet when a value of 1 appears in cell A1 > (The cell is linked to another program which will write a 1 into the cell > when a printout is requi...

Half Page Tent Card Layout
I'm trying to print 2 cards, 5.5 width x 8.5 height on an 8 1/2 x 11 page. Page setup in Publisher is for Folded Card, Tent Card, w 5.5, h 8.5, landscape. The printer is 81/2 x 11 landscape, landscape, 2 sided tablet. I have 1 card that I want to print twice. To do this, I've duplicated pages 1&2 as pages 3&4. Problem is, page 1&2 take an entire page and 3&4 takes an additional piece of paper. I've set the Margin Guides to 0" and selected 2-page master. However, there seems to be a 1/2" margin anyway, even though everything is set to 0. This ...

vertical line along left side of custom-sized page
Hi, I've created a custom-sized document -- 3.4"W x 4.5"H. Before I even add any content, if I save the page as a .tif (300 dpi), there is a vertical line along the left side of the image. Any idea what's causing this and how to get rid of it? Thanks, Leah Leah you are highly talented to produce such an issue. I cannot duplicate your issue as much as I try, not only with TIF but other formats. Please always post the version of Publisher and Windows you are using. To date, the issue you describe has previously never been reported. Post a blank file here setup to ...

Only show page footer on first page
Hi, Anyone know of a way to get a report's page footer to only show on the first page? Thanks adna wrote: > Hi, > Anyone know of a way to get a report's page footer to only show on > the first page? > > Thanks You can put code in the Format event of the section... Cancel = (Me.Page > 1) ....but I think that will still show a blank space where the footer would ordinarily be. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com Hi Put this is the "page header" OnFormat event Private Sub PageHeaderSe...

printing #21
hi all,is it possble when printing a worksheet,to not have a partial row not print.what i am trying to do is not have the info in theses cells show up when printed.ie print worksheet except d24:d34?any suggestions? thx wyn -- WYN Hi two options, select the cells you do want to print (hold down control to get multiple cells) and then choose file / print / selection or change the font colour of d24:d34 to white before printing. Cheers JulieD "WYN" <WYN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEC2DEC1-A4F9-43BB-930C-24D897F101F8@microsoft.com... > hi all,is it...

Can't get text to repeat on monthly pages in Publisher calendar
I have text in the January 2010 page of a Publisher calendar but the remaining months do not show the text I have entered on the January page. How do I get the text to repeat in the text boxes on remaining months? You will have to enter the information manually for every month. It will be easier if you create a text box for your events, you then can copy/paste the text box month to month. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "allen" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:ur4pblSeKHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have text in the January 2010 page of a...

Printing labels from HQ
Why can't we print labels from HQ? Its simple..... some companies manage products and inventory form the warehouse and "push" the product to the retail locations. It makes no sense to manage label printing from the store level for our business model. Can it be done? The concept is that a warehouse will be a store. HQ in RMS is a centralised management control system not a physical location. To manage the physical location you need a store license. So we always install HQ and a store where the warehouse is included. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@Retailrealm.co.uk Chairman ...

Attaching documents without saving them as an OLE file first.
It would be helpful to be able to attach documents (scanned) via a "ONE" step process vs. saving the scanned document to a file and then attaching that file as an OLE document in the "Note" field. Basically, place the item to be scanned in the scanner, press START and the image is immediately scanned to the "Note" field. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fo...

Shrinks page to be printed
I have an Excel spreadsheet with a dozen sheets. They are set-up to fit to page for printing. 98 out of 100 users of this spreadsheet have the pages print out perfectly. However, 2 out of 100 say that the spreadsheet shrinks when they go to print to a size that is too small to read. I am assuming there is an option that these two users have selected in Excel that have it resizing to fit differently than the others. Can someone help provide guidance? BTW, I do not have the Print-Area defined because even though 99% of the sheets are identical in size (row and columns), there may be ...

Attempting to print silently from Word using ShellExecuteEx
I am using an ActiveX control to print input documents and their OLE attachments to the proper applications. I am attempting to have the documents print silently. I print them in a loop calling ShellExecuteEx for each one in turn. Parameters are the same for all. E.g my program receives a report with a PDF file and two embedded OLE Word attachments. My loop first prints the PDF and it prints silently with no Popups whatsoever. After successfully extracting the OLE attachments and storing them in locally saved .doc file, I print them in the same loop using the same Shell...

Printing Customer Name on Credit Card Receipts
This is another suggestion to MS to add into RMS the following feature: Pull the customer name from a credit card that is swiped and print it on the receipt. If the "dumb" terminals most processing companies rent out can do this, certainly a sophisticated program like RMS should be able to do this as well. I'm no programming genius but I'd imagine that since RMS is already filtering out the account number and exp date from the rest of the data on a cc mag stripe that pulling the name would only add a few lines of code. In a similar post someone mentioned that there wa...

Printing of Borders 02-14-10
I have a phenomenon I have not seen before, despite using Excel for over 15 years. Can anyone please point to a cause? Excel 2000 on a Windows XP SP3 platform. On a particular worksheet the Borders are printing on copy one but not copy two. The Borders are delineating sub-totals and totals of columns of figures. Not all worksheets are affected. TIA -- Gerry ~~~~ FCA Stourport, England Enquire, plan and execute ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ perhaps it is a side effect of the Printer preferences having "Advanced Printing features" enabled. You have an HP pr...

retrospectively apply different margin to r and l page
Is there any way to retrospectively apply different margins to r & l pages of a large document (80 odd pages already) - the publication will be bound in such a way that this is necessary. If so as the margins change is there an easy way to ensure that everything else on the page will move with the margin? You might be better off saving the document as a Word file. Then import the text back into Publisher with the new margins. Create a text box, right-click, click change text, click text file, browse to the file you just made. If you don't want to do that, try this: Are the...

Printing attachments #2
I have several users who wish to print a copy of their emails INCLUDING the icons of any attached documents....but wish to keep the formatting of the original text. The following solution will print the email and attachments, but I lose all formatting within the email. 1) Open the email. 2) Click Edit->Edit Message 3) Click Format->Plain Text 4) Print your email Does anyone know how to keep the formatting? Darrell ...

How do I avoid my placed photos printing double?
When I place photos in Publisher, they look normal. In print preview and when I print, many of the images come out doubled. The one image has turned into two one on top of the other with no separation between them. siouxzq wrote: > When I place photos in Publisher, they look normal. In print preview > and when I print, many of the images come out doubled. The one image > has turned into two one on top of the other with no separation > between them. Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) wil...

OWA Page Cannot be Displayed for one user
Hello, We have a user who cannot access his mailbox through OWA, although he can through Outlook. When accessing OWA he is prompted for his user information, when he logs in he gets "Page cannot be displayed HTTP 500 internal server error" Could this be an issue on the OWA server itself? No other users seem to have this problem. Thanks for any info. Was this user ever able to access his mailbox via OWA? "John" wrote: > Hello, > We have a user who cannot access his mailbox through OWA, although he can > through Outlook. When accessing OWA he is prompted fo...

Printing Monthly Calendar (Outlook 2007)
My work has upgraded from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007. Every month I print off the monthly view so I can monitor regular events. Outlook 2003 monthly print option only displayed the current month (5 weeks). In Outlook 2007 I am getting a six week view which is compressing the meeting information and displaying some of the next month. Is there a way I can set this so I only get the current month ? -- Malcolm Do you have all the latest updates installed? Outlook 2007 should print exactly 1 month - but there was a bug in early builds and it always did 6 weeks. -- Diane P...

Default font in dialog property pages
Have to post this again as all attempts to resolve the issue on my own were unsuccessful. The problem is, despite a property page template of a property sheet explicitly indicates that another font than the default MS Sans Serif 8 must be used (e.g. Arial 10), this never comes into effect. I checked the resource file to ensure that appropriate instructions are presented in there: > > IDD_WIZ_PAGE0 DIALOG DISCARDABLE 0, 0, 235, 156 > > STYLE WS_CHILD | WS_DISABLED | WS_CAPTION > > CAPTION "Welcome to the Operation Wizard" > > FONT 10, "Arial"...

How do I remove the page number from the background of my excel w.
When working in Excel, the background page number is always obscuring my work. Can it be removed? Hi goto 'View' and choose the normal view. You currently have the 'Pagebreak view' enabled -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "NancyLyons" <NancyLyons@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4476930A-38E1-4BAD-89D1-79DBA1E17B38@microsoft.com... > When working in Excel, the background page number is always obscuring my > work. Can it be removed? Maybe go View and check Normal instead of Page Break Preview, Regards, "NancyLyons...

print 1/2 page image to fill a full page
I've created an ad 4x5 size. It's centered in an 8.5 x 11 page setup size. Now, I want to print it out full page size (8.5 x 11) but can't find a way to just expand the entire image. Tried grouping all the elements then dragging the corner out to the desired size. Lost some type and some images distorted. I've also created a PDF of this file and when I tried to print it in "expand small pages to paper size" mode, it still printed it 4x5 instead of 8.5 x 11. I don't see any options for such changes in my printer driver either. What am I missing? Thanks...

Print BCC and attachment icons with message
How do I print a sent (or received) e-mail message with the BCC recipients and attachment icons included? I can print the message; no BCC recipients and no attachment icons show up. Thanks. Hi! BCC is not present in incoming messages. Regarding attachments: 1. For Outlook 2003 you should install SP1 2. For other Outlook versions: a. Convert message to plain text or RTF formats from HTML b. Install 3rd party add-in, e.g. our Print Tools http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/print_tools/ Alexander Gorlach, MAPILab Ltd. -- Must have Outlook add-ons http://www.mapilab.com/ > ---...

Printing from excel fails after some time
Hi, Running XP Pro Sp1, Office 2003 Sp1. We have a few pc's with the above installed. When the machine is freshly rebooted the user can print from excel a few times successfully but then nothing is produced. Nothing shows in the print Queue. The 'Printing page 1 of n' shows only very briefly. To get it working again the machine needs a reboot. At the stage where nothing will print from Excel all other Office apps can print. Opening the printer properties from control panel and printing a test page also works. Any ideas? The users were able to constantly print using Excel 2000...

How do I get it to appear on the page as it does in Print Preview?
I'm planning to e-mail a promotion flyer department-wide but I can't get it to where the lines and text boxes are invisible when displayed in the message. When I got to print preview, the lines/text boxes aren't there. How do I get those lines to disappear while I'm viewing it on the page? Nevermind...I figured it out :) Thanks! "Officeworker777" wrote: > I'm planning to e-mail a promotion flyer department-wide but I can't get it > to where the lines and text boxes are invisible when displayed in the > message. When I got to print previe...

MFC print preview not correct
hi folks, I have a simple doc/view arch. application that just displays some text in the middle of the client area of the view. Am I overly naive to think that the print preview should work out of the box? I fill the background to grey and then print a line of text in the middle (both horizontal & vertically centered). What I get in the print preview is a small grey box in the upper left corner and the text cut off at the left and right. -a Andreesje wrote: > hi folks, > I have a simple doc/view arch. application that just displays some text in > the middle of the client a...

Outlook Printing problem
I have a template created in the tasks and I filled out the information and the P2 is not printing as I see it. It keeps coming up as a list which is not in order ir in a formate that I want, How do I change this so it prints like what I see on the screen? ...