primary delivery location

I am trying to create & have my .pst file on a different
drive other than boot etc. When I creat additional .pst
files which I can successfully do , I can not make them
the primary delivery location & then just delete the
default location. Is this possible , & if so how?
Thank you
0
anonymous (74722)

Email file location
Can anyone tell me the actual file location of the email received in Microsoft Outlook? As i have to recover the system and thus i would like to backup the email. Would there any problem? Search for pst-files. Make sure you include hidden files/folders. Then connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... The default location is; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----...

newbie: Visual Studio could not locate a schema for this document
Hi IDE: VS 2003 .Net OS: XP Pro + MSXML 4 I'm experimented with xml in .net for the porpose of learning it... Below I have two questions: *********************************************************** Question 1: When I in visual studio choose to validate my xml file I get this message: C:\MyProjects\Visual Studio Projects\ReadXml\lesson_getelementbyid\country.xml(1): Visual Studio could not locate a schema for this document. Validation can only ensure this is a well formed XML document and cannot validate the data against a schema. Here is my xml file (country.xml): <?xml version=&qu...

Global settings > Message Delivery > Defaults > Recipient Limits
Hello, In my organizations “Global settings > Message Delivery > Defaults > Recipient Limits” has been set to 50. Now I would like to know if some one sends a mail to xyz@ayz.com this being a distribution list which has 100 users in it....how does the Global setting Message Delivery Recipient Limits setting treat it? I mean to say will it deliver the message to xyz@ayz.com as one email ID and forget or will it get in to the Distribution list count the number of email IDs under it and then bounce back saying that there are more that 50 email IDs in it? Reason being same is happ...

Inserting Nodes at specific location in XML
Here is my problem. I have an XML document that is returned to me by a third party service. The XML document contains results for a search but only lists a maximum of 10 results. If there are any further results then the XML document contains a URL to call and get the next set of 10 results. So if there were 25 results total I would get the first 10 in the first XML document, then after making a second request I would get results 11 to 20 and then after a third request I would get results 21 to 15. Here is an axample of the structure of the returned results. <root> <node...

Attaching an attachment using a certain location
Hi there, I have code that will send an email from lotus notes and then attach a attachment. Currently it will just open the "open file" screen and you have to fin it from there. My question is..... is it possible to code so it opens the same scrre but has already gone to a specific folder. e.g i click the button, it opens the "open file" screen and is alread in a folder i.e c:\sch my current code... Private Function GetAttach() As String Dim strFileFullPath As String strFileFullPath = Application.GetOpenFilename("Xl Files (*.xls) *.xls") If strFileFullPath...

primary e-mails
Hi I have exchange 2003. When I go to the properties of the user and in e-mail tab, there are lots of e-mails there. That is normal. What isn't normal is that I have a user that is missing one of those e-mails for him to work properly. A normal user has 2 x500 type e-mails and neither is set as primary, while the user that is not working has only one x500. When I try to add another x500 is sets it to primary which I do not want. Any way to make it so that when I add a x500 address that none of them are primary? Thanks!! "ib_redbeard" <ibredbeard@discussions.micr...

Synchronisation between two locations
Hi, We are having Primary Mail Server at one location on windows 2003/Exchange 2003. Same set up is there at Another location acting as a secondary server. Users can work at any place. We are getting mails too like that. Only problem is When Primary server is Down or our WAN is down Secondary Server should act independently means local users should get mails within the Unit. Any thing we can do with Member Server concept? We are having the remote location set up as Member Server. Any thing needs to be changed in the setting ? Or Additional Domain Controller Helps in any way? Will it ...

How do I print delivery address single spaced on an envelope?
HELP! The default seems to be double spaced and there is no way I can see to change it. Other than hand write addresses on envelopes, how do I solve this problem? Modify the formatting of the EnvelopeAddress style or use Shift+Enter instead of Enter at the end of each line of the address. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:422FB04F-0E6C-4FAC-9C18-B46BD7A0894E@microsoft.com......

read mail at two locations
i have my mail set up to be read at work and home. i receive mail daily at work, but can not read the mail at home. i hve set up all the appropriate properties, but i can not receive the mail i got today at work at home tonight. any suggestions? On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 20:28:21 -0700, "stacystudr@aol.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have my mail set up to be read at work and home. i >receive mail daily at work, but can not read the mail at >home. i hve set up all the appropriate properties, but i >can not receive the mail i got today at work ...

Primary Axis(X) Formating Issue
I'm using a custom type chart (Lines on 2 Axes) and I'm using two different ranges for the Category (X) axis labels and the Second category (X) axis labels in order to display some additional information on the chart. When I say two different ranges I mean the rows are the same, but the columns are different. The problem I'm having is I want to use a custom format (dd-MMM-yy) to display the dates, but when I do so the dates have format MMM-yy-dd. The only way I can get the dates to display accurately is to use the Date format with the * (either *03/14/01 or *March 14, 20...

Set primary key on a temp database table
Following code cobbled together creates a table in a temp db. Works fine. How do I make the "RowNbr" column into a primary key (and thus create an index on it...)? Thanks. -- Jim Oops, shoulda included the code... ' Get default Workspace. Set wrkDefault = DBEngine.Workspaces(0) strTempDatabase = Left$(CurrentDb.Name, Len(CurrentDb.Name) - 4) & " temp.mdb" ' Make sure there isn't already a file with the name of ' the new database. If Dir(strTempDatabase) <> "" Then Kill strTempDatabas...

Plotting on primary and secondary axes with 'synchronised' y values
Hi All, I'm looking to plot data on primary and secondary axes, sometimes the data is of different types, ie. sales $ and quantity. When however, the data is of like type ie. sales $ and profit $, I'd like to two axesto be synchronised so that they are effectively one axis, with a minimum and maximum common for both primary and secondary axes. When data reverts to being of different types, I'd like the axes to revert back to independently auto. Any ideas ? VB is fine. Thanks, Neil I am not sure what you expect in response. You've described what you want to do. ...

Please Help-Internal Email Delivery Being Refused
Hello-- We have a script running on our IIS server which sends an email to a public folder on our Exchange server after the member clicks "submit" in their web browser. I have set up many public folders accessed via http and there is no mystery, however when the script sends the email to the email address assigned to the public folder, an NDR is sent saying, "The message reached the recipient’s email system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator" For troubleshooting, I tried to send a test mess...

Changing window size/location for child process w/.Net
I'd like to start a process and then change the window location and size at various times during its life in a .Net (sans user32.dll). I can get the window handle easy enough but I don't know what to do next to replace the GetWindowRect and MoveWindow DllImports. mediaPlayer.FileName = "mplayer"; mediaPlayer.Start(); mediaPlayer.WaitForInputIdle(); IntPtr hWin = mediaPlayer.MainWindowHandle; GetWindowRect(hWin, out rect); // <- what is ..Net equivalent? MoveWindow(hWin, left, top, width, height, true); // <- what is...

locating all instances of text in a column
employing excel as a db cells in 1 column may hold , "blue,white,orange, red" "black,blue,white,orange" "peat brown, raspeberry red,blue,white" "blue,puce, vermillion, bistre,white,orange, red" Is there a way I can ask excel to return all records that hold "blue" and auto hide the rest? Or sort so all records with blue in cells in that column go to the top? Send spam to the FTC at spam@uce.gov .. Data>filter>autofilter, custom and contains blue -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Rodney" <rod...

#5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, relaying denied from your location
This is from Web outlook, and outlook2003. Is this a problem with Exchange 2003, SP1????? Sounds like a configuration error. Mike Ober. "BrianMultiLanguage" <BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4599FCF6-67F7-43F4-A35B-698515B85D52@microsoft.com... > This is from Web outlook, and outlook2003. > Is this a problem with Exchange 2003, SP1????? > Ok, Any directional help is appreciated. Thanks "Michael D. Ober" wrote: > Sounds like a configuration error. > > Mike Ober. > > "BrianMultiLanguage" <...

Changing Primary Attribute after creation
I cannot seem to find a way to change any aspect of the primary attribute after creation. Is this the case? It is very hard to work with. I cannot even change the requirement level after creation. This is very diffcult to work with. There's no way to change the primary attribute after creation, so define it carefully when creating a new entity. A big problem is that it's somewhat hidden on the second tab in the entity creation form and it's very easy to forget about it. Anyway, before creating a new entity, you should write down the settings that are not changeable la...

move a primary key to a child
I want to add a child table to my table and using one of the primary key of the table. For example: MyTable is PKey1 PKey2 PKey3 I would like to move PKey3 out and add a child table as following and remove PKey3 from MyTable: ChildTable as folliwng PKey1 PKey2 PKey3 MyTable will be PKey1 PKey2 I just wonder what will impact in the future like reports, forms, queries, data entries, It seems that I need make a lot of changes for the application. Any suggestions that should I continue to do this change? Your information is great appreciated, I'm not...

changing "default" primary mailing address?
I'm running Outlook 2000. When I create a new contact, the dialog by default selects "business" from the three options for mailing address (business, home, other). How can I change this default selection so that it will default to home, rather than business? Thanks. Adam You can use the information on this page to make the desired changes: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/homedefault.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Adam White <adam.white@nospam...

No Mail Delivery #2
possible duplicate-original didn't show in 30 minutes. Last night I installed SP1 to my exchange server, it went through the install and at the end informed me that the services could not install causing the install to fail. Server roobooted fine. The next day now no mail is being delivered internally or externally. When I go to system manager under that server and qeues most of the states are set to retry. I have under local delivery on the default smtp virtual server the state is retry with several hundred messages awaiting delivery. I have stopped and started the smtp se...

Mail Delivery Delay #3
Mail does not show up in the users Inbox for 30 to 45 minutes after a message was sent to the user. However, if the user clicks a folder other than Inbox then goes back to the Inbox, the mail will appear without delay. It's an XP PC running Outlook 2000 connected to an Exchange server 2003. Has anyone else seen this? I tried removing and adding back the Exchange service on the PC but it didn't help. Help! Thanks, Diane Make sure her automatic mail polling is set to no less than every 10 minutes. Anything less than that can cause this. "Diane" wrote: > Mail...

How do I send email to contacts living in a specific location?
I have 3,340 subscribers to my periodic "Thing Grams" on VW Things and, on occasion, have a need to tailor these to specific regions or states. In OE all I had to do was click on a field at the top of the address book and it would sort by location and I would select the contacts I needed. Using Outlook "Help" between Accounts, Groups, Business contact mgrs, etc. I am completely snowed. How do I sort and send email to contacts from a specific location (field)? In the Select names dialog box the contacts are alphabetical and there is no way to sort by anything else a...

Outlook 2003 primary interop advise
Hi I need to develop for Outlook 2003 and upwards in my app. 1. If I develop for OL2003 would it be compatible (as far as email sending) with later OL versions? 2. I am familiar with OL programming in VB6/VBA but unfamiliar with how to use OL2003 Interop Assemblies. Is there a link that I can see to implement my first code using OL2003 Interop Assemblies for sending emails from .net via OL2003? Many Thanks Regards Do I need to have OL2003 on my PC as I currently have 2007? I was hoping by downloading 2003 assemblies I would not have to have OL2003. Thanks Regards "rowe_n...

no mail delivery
Last night I installed SP1 to my exchange server, it went through the install and at the end informed me that the services could not install causing the install to fail. Server roobooted fine. The next day now no mail is being delivered internally or externally. When I go to system manager under that server and qeues most of the states are set to retry. I have under local delivery on the default smtp virtual server the state is retry with several hundred messages awaiting delivery. I have stopped and started the smtp service, and rebooted the server. any ideas are greatly app...

Delivery Message Notifications are inconsistent
I am using Exchange 2000 and we are receiving deliver message delays for certain email addresses. They are very inconsistent. However, some addresses have always been unable to get what we send out. We have SBC ADSL as our access and we have a 3rd party hosting our website. They have an MX record to point to our public IP. When I run a trace route on these domains, it will time out closer to the intended recipients end of the network. Do we need to add something in Exchange to authenticate our outgoing messages? Some email messages work fine. The addresses are not just AOL or anything l...