When someone responds to an my email, I can see what they have typed - until
I open the message - then only my original message is viewable. The preview
pane shows new message text when email arrives, hoever when the email is
opened the preview text disappears - and I just see the earlier part of the
message which I had sent.

If I mark it as unread it does not return to the previous state.
This seems to happen on email responses that people have received and
answered from a webmail service not that they downloaded and opened in
outlook on their PC

OL'03 XP pro sp2
--
Respectfully,
Roger Howland

The Job Dr. <RogerH@theJobDr.com.(noSPAM)> wrote:

> When someone responds to an my email, I can see what they have typed
> - until I open the message - then only my original message is
> viewable.

You're certainly not the first person to describe this issue and I don't
recall seeing a definitive answer in any of the previous threads.  However,
Google Groups will let you search the Outlook newsgroups for those prior
threads.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
3/10/2005 2:05:46 PM
Try

"The Job Dr." wrote:

> When someone responds to an my email, I can see what they have typed - until
> I open the message - then only my original message is viewable. The preview
> pane shows new message text when email arrives, hoever when the email is
> opened the preview text disappears - and I just see the earlier part of the
> message which I had sent.
>
> If I mark it as unread it does not return to the previous state.
> This seems to happen on email responses that people have received and
> answered from a webmail service not that they downloaded and opened in
> outlook on their PC
>
> OL'03 XP pro sp2
> --
> Respectfully,
> Roger Howland
> RogerH@theJobDr.com.(noSPAM)
0
D (176)
3/10/2005 4:31:05 PM
Brian -thanks - saw the many comments on this in the google group - your
right - no one really offers a solution yet

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> The Job Dr. <RogerH@theJobDr.com.(noSPAM)> wrote:
>
> > When someone responds to an my email, I can see what they have typed
> > - until I open the message - then only my original message is
> > viewable.
>
> You're certainly not the first person to describe this issue and I don't
> recall seeing a definitive answer in any of the previous threads.  However,
> Google Groups will let you search the Outlook newsgroups for those prior
> threads.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
RogerH1 (6)
3/11/2005 5:41:02 AM
John

thanks - I'm having a similar problem from the KB, but I am using OL'03 SP1
- there is no option to svae or not (example from the KB), the text just
disappears when the email is opened.

"John D" wrote:

> Try
>

> "The Job Dr." wrote:
>
> > When someone responds to an my email, I can see what they have typed - until
> > I open the message - then only my original message is viewable. The preview
> > pane shows new message text when email arrives, hoever when the email is
> > opened the preview text disappears - and I just see the earlier part of the
> > message which I had sent.
> >
> > If I mark it as unread it does not return to the previous state.
> > This seems to happen on email responses that people have received and
> > answered from a webmail service not that they downloaded and opened in
> > outlook on their PC
> >
> > OL'03 XP pro sp2
> > --
> > Respectfully,
> > Roger Howland
> > RogerH@theJobDr.com.(noSPAM)
0
RogerH1 (6)

Missing emails 02-05-10
I recently had to do a system recovery, and when I restored files the emails looked like they were there. But when I open up a saved email folder, often all the listed emails wind up opening with the same email message. The mail titles are right, but when I open it to read, it is the same as another mail from the same folder. Anybody konw why? What can I do? Thanks, Tim It sounds as if the database may be messed up. You can try repairing it (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/). You can also search for *.eml and that should give you the actual messages instead of from within WinMa...

How do I fix a sudden problem with sending and receiving emails f.
I have been successfully using Outlook as my default email program with my SBCYahoo dsl for some months and then I was not. The only thing I can link it to, possible, is that for a short while I agreed to allow Microsoft to monitor my use of their programs. after about a week, some of the programs didn't work as well and some other problems occurred, so a uninstalled that program. what happen now is that the process times out after receiveing a few of the emails and says that "connection was interrupted"-which is impossible since I am 'always connected' via dsl...

Can I change the default font for text boxes in Publisher 2003?
Can I change the default font for text boxes in Publisher 2003? Publisher 2003 Help replied with this: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011196811033.aspx?pid=CL100632931033 "Colorado" <Colorado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8884703A-095E-471F-8E59-A6E87AEC4A46@microsoft.com... > Can I change the default font for text boxes in Publisher 2003? Colorado wrote: > Can I change the default font for text boxes in Publisher 2003? Yes. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mv...

Opening Second Instance of Access
Running MSA2K3. I have this problem a lot. I have an MDB open and I run a query. It uses up most of my CPU, but I'm still able to open and work in other applications (IE, Lotus Notes, whatever). However, if I try to open another MDB, it doesn't seem to open until the other MDB finishes processing. If I enter debug mode in MDB #1, then MDB #2 opens right up. What I think is happening is when I open MDB #2, Windows/Access sees there's another instance of Access running, so it uses the first instance to load the MDB--instead of just starting another instant of Access. Has anyon...

Not promoting emails
When I select and email and then click on "Promote E-mail to CRM Activity" I get the error message: "An error occurred while trying to promote the e-mail. Try again" Is there anyway to find out what exactly that error was? Thanks Stephen, We're having the same problem. I have started a call with MS on this. I'll let you know what I find out. Did anyone find a solution for this? I'm having the same issue. BTW, I found out that things that I have recived from others I can still promote but if I have sent it, it does not look like it's working. Rich...

Can't open .pub files either
I have installed / unistalled / installed / uninstalled Publisher 2003 several times and have the same problems others seem to have. I can create and save a .pub file but cannot open them. Get the "cannot find file" message followed by the "cannot open" message. I have loaded the same Publisher program on another computer in our office and it works fine. To save time I should said ahead of time that we: DO NOT use Norton Antivirus DO use Norton Internet Securities which have been set to "allow scripts" Please help! If I cannot re-open and re-edit .pub fi...

Junk email problem...
We run a exchange 2003 environment and all of our users run Outlook 2003. We turn off the "junk email filter" in outlook but for some reason email is still going into our users junk email folders on their mailboxes. I am assuming somewhere in exchange this option is turned on and filtering this email. Any ideas on what I am missing? Thanks all Halve, I've been experiencing the same issue and have not found a solution for it as of yet. I've used group policies to disable the Junk Email filter in Outlook and have used the OWA Administration Tool to disable the Junk E...

chart disappears after inserting another chart into slide
When i tried to insert another chart from excel to my powerpoint slide, (using copy & paste function), the other chart that was already in the slide disappears and I can't find it anywhere in my powerpoint... How do i search for it or rather why does this happen? I guess you're using PPT 2002 (also known as PPT XP) and you have this Autolayout feature turned on. I think it's in Tools | Autocorrect, but I can't check it right now to be sure. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing ...

Best procedure for forwarding email of fired sales employee?
We recently fired a sales employee and now I need to make sure his manager receives all the emails. What's the best practice for handling this type of situation. Should I give the manager rights to the fired employees inbox and add another mailbox withing Outlook, or is there a better way to handle this? Add the old SMTP addresses to the managers mailbox. ( changing the existing ones in the fired employee's mailbox first of course) On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:55:33 -0800, "Colin" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >We recently fired a sales employee and now I need to ...

can't read emails
When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but inbox, where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where download from my server On Tue, 03 May 2005 07:34:07 -1000, emilio <emilio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but > inbox, > where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where > download > from my server What version of Outlook are you running and what mode (Corp/Workgroup, Internet Mail Only, etc.) do you have it installed i...

Pocket PC will not synch "a program is trying to access email..." warning.
I am trying to synch my PocketPC (Jornada 548 running PPC2000) with Outlook 2003 SP1. I keep getting the "A program is trying to access email messages you have stored in Outlook" message. I am running the latest ActiveSynch 3.7.1. Basically this prevents me from synching remotely or over my network unless I am right there at the PC to let it though. I don't think this should be happenning but I have yet to find a way to disable it or to secure ActiveSynch for access. My wife's Palm Vx using Hotsynch manager 4.0.1 does the same thing but I kind of expected current Microso...

Failure to email from Micriosoft Photo Viewer
When i try to email from microsoft picture viewer it opens the attach file and size alternates it doesn't open Outlook in a new message, Outlook is running after I attach because I can see it in the task manager under processes but not somehow not available. If I open Outlook first it works OK. Outlook is set as my default(obviously as it opens in task manager) Can you help? same thing happens if i try directly from my Pictures Library using "Send To" Do you mean the new msg window doesnt open? (Not outlook itself) "marvingee" <marvingee@discussions.m...

Open File Dialog Help
I am trying to set the m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir to "My Music" on an open file dialog, but can't seem to get it to work right. I would like it to default to the c:\documents and settings\user\My Documents\My Music, regardless of the machine the application is running on. The project is being built using Visual C++ 6.0 Professional, on a Windows 2K machine, but may be running in any Windows environment. Thanks, SHGetSpecialFolderPath(CSIDL_PERSONAL) gets you to My Documents ...

send page by email
user having a problem send a web page as html using outlook 2002 on w2k system... If he is working offline in outlook but wants to send a web page as html, outlook makes the email as a web link and not as an html page .. (long story as to why he wants to work offline in outlook but is still connected to web) .. (when working in outlook as "connected" it works fine) .. why does outlook do this a is the a way to fix it ...

What does Rv: stand for in the subjetc line of an email??
Hi all, can anyone tell me what the Rv: stands for in the subject line of an email??? Fw: forward Re: Return Rv: ??? Marc Re: in some other language? (possibly Spanish) RE and FW are the English versions, other tags used include accept, decline and similar full words but only used for meeting invitations. Any other short tags are Re or FW in different languages. You may also see codes added by email systems for tracking purposes - this would include ADV (advertising) or SPAM. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 f...

Using external email address for AD user
We have certain users that we would like to use an external email address for and give access to resources in the domain. The only solution I have found so far is to create an account they will use for access and then to add a contact so we can send emails and add as a member of DL's. Ideally, I would like to do this without adding 2 separate objects in AD. Is that possible? Hi there, Are you aware that you can create a user and mail-enable them (not mailbox-enable), establishing an external address on the account. It removes the need for both a contact and a user accoun...

Multiple email accounts and inbox folders
I have 3 email accounts set up - one hotmail and two non-web-based accounts. The incoming hotmail messages automatically go into the hotmail inbox; however all email from the other email accounts winds up together in the "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]" inbox. Is there a way that email received via these other ISP's can be directed to separate folders I specifically set up for them? Thanks in advance. Rick Johnston You have to use a rule to separate out POP accounts. Go with some like "when mail arrives through specified account, move to specified folder". You...

How do you change the way email addresses are displayed? John Doe.
How do you change the way a recipent of an emails name is displayed in an email? I want to only show "John Doe" and not "John Doe (Email):<John Doe@xxx.com>" Displayed where and in what version of Outlook? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "dmoors" <dmoors@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:540E8B6B-2F78-4541-9116-3A79F4A5D52B@microsoft.com... > How do you change the way a recipent of an emails name is displayed in an > email? I want to only show "John Doe" and not "John Doe (Email):<John > Doe@xxx.com>&q...

Exchange System Manager slow to open
It takes my system manger about 3-5 minutes to open. anyone have any idea why this is so. i have my AD dns entries in my TCP\IP properties. I was able to open this program normally before i did a system reload. now it is super slow. ???? help chris holcombc@mail.ecu.edu ...

Reading ranges and copying data from Excel when it is not open
Is there a way in code to copy data out of an Excel file even if Excel is not up and running? If Excel were open, I'd copy, say, the first 30 rows and paste the info to PowerPoint. Then, since rows 1-5 are for column headings, I'd hide rows 6-30 and copy a new range which would look involve 30 rows, but since rows 6-30 were hidden would be 1-5 and then 31-55 as a contiguous block. I am trying to do this in VBA without opening Excel and instatiating objects, etc. Is it possible? What VBA commands would I use? You would need to treat the excel file as a database and use ADO to g...

transfer contacts using email
Is it possible to transfer contacts from one machine to another using email? If, yes, what does the receiving person need to do? Many thanks, Frank FJB <FJB0623@aol.com> wrote: > Is it possible to transfer contacts from one machine to another using > email? If, yes, what does the receiving person need to do? Create a new PST (File>Net>Outlook Data File). Now, right-click Contacts and choose Copy. SPecify the new PST as the destination. When the copy completes, right-click the new PST and choose Close. Close Outlook. Rename the PST's file extension to something...

Can't get Publisher to give "send as message" as an email option
We use Windows live Mail which won't work with publisher. So for the purposes of sending out an email I changed the default program to Windows mail But, under the option "send email" only the send as attachment option appears. I have changed the default program in Vista to use windows mail. Help ...

Bought Pub 2003 now it won't open my Pub 2003 file
I just bought Publisher 2003 yesterday. I spent 3 hours creating a project. I tried to laod the saved project and got the message "Publisher can not open file. I tried open pun 97 files with the same result. I've used Publisher 2.0, 97 for years. What am I missing? Most likely you are running Norton Anti-Virus. Norton AV can actually break a Publisher file rendering it unusable. You need to disable script-blocking and possibly the Office plug-in components of Norton AV. Refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_issues.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help...

How do I print a text file ?
Hi, I am new to the group and wonder if any of you could offer any advice. I am trying to print a text file directly from my visual c++ application to the default printer without displaying the print dialog What is the best way of doing this ? If it is not possible to print directly from a text file, what commands to I use in between CDC::StartPage () To print the following Hello, my name is Joe Bloggs How are you I hope you can help with this problem etc..... CDC::EndPage () Thanks in advance Paul Paul, More info on printing than you can comfortably shake a stick at: http://www....

Attemps to send emails that don't exist
Recently Outlook started trying to send 2 emails that don't exist. The outbox is empty, but it continually attempts to send the non-existent emails. Is there a way to fix this? TIA, -Steve- Try File, Work Offline, Delete the "stuck" messages. "Steve Zimmelman" wrote: > Recently Outlook started trying to send 2 emails that don't exist. The > outbox is empty, but it continually attempts to send the non-existent > emails. > > Is there a way to fix this? > > TIA, > -Steve- > > > ...