When someone responds to an my email, I can see what they have typed - until
I open the message - then only my original message is viewable. The preview
pane shows new message text when email arrives, hoever when the email is
opened the preview text disappears - and I just see the earlier part of the
message which I had sent.

If I mark it as unread it does not return to the previous state.
This seems to happen on email responses that people have received and
answered from a webmail service not that they downloaded and opened in
outlook on their PC

OL'03 XP pro sp2
--
Respectfully,
Roger Howland

The Job Dr. <RogerH@theJobDr.com.(noSPAM)> wrote:

> When someone responds to an my email, I can see what they have typed
> - until I open the message - then only my original message is
> viewable.

You're certainly not the first person to describe this issue and I don't
recall seeing a definitive answer in any of the previous threads.  However,
Google Groups will let you search the Outlook newsgroups for those prior
threads.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
3/10/2005 2:05:46 PM
Try

"The Job Dr." wrote:

> When someone responds to an my email, I can see what they have typed - until
> I open the message - then only my original message is viewable. The preview
> pane shows new message text when email arrives, hoever when the email is
> opened the preview text disappears - and I just see the earlier part of the
> message which I had sent.
>
> If I mark it as unread it does not return to the previous state.
> This seems to happen on email responses that people have received and
> answered from a webmail service not that they downloaded and opened in
> outlook on their PC
>
> OL'03 XP pro sp2
> --
> Respectfully,
> Roger Howland
> RogerH@theJobDr.com.(noSPAM)
0
D (176)
3/10/2005 4:31:05 PM
Brian -thanks - saw the many comments on this in the google group - your
right - no one really offers a solution yet

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> The Job Dr. <RogerH@theJobDr.com.(noSPAM)> wrote:
>
> > When someone responds to an my email, I can see what they have typed
> > - until I open the message - then only my original message is
> > viewable.
>
> You're certainly not the first person to describe this issue and I don't
> recall seeing a definitive answer in any of the previous threads.  However,
> Google Groups will let you search the Outlook newsgroups for those prior
> threads.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
RogerH1 (6)
3/11/2005 5:41:02 AM
John

thanks - I'm having a similar problem from the KB, but I am using OL'03 SP1
- there is no option to svae or not (example from the KB), the text just
disappears when the email is opened.

"John D" wrote:

> Try
>

> "The Job Dr." wrote:
>
> > When someone responds to an my email, I can see what they have typed - until
> > I open the message - then only my original message is viewable. The preview
> > pane shows new message text when email arrives, hoever when the email is
> > opened the preview text disappears - and I just see the earlier part of the
> > message which I had sent.
> >
> > If I mark it as unread it does not return to the previous state.
> > This seems to happen on email responses that people have received and
> > answered from a webmail service not that they downloaded and opened in
> > outlook on their PC
> >
> > OL'03 XP pro sp2
> > --
> > Respectfully,
> > Roger Howland
> > RogerH@theJobDr.com.(noSPAM)
0
RogerH1 (6)

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

disable Review toolbar which came up automatically when opening a.
How can I disable the Review Toolbar which comes up automatically when opening a file? In the Workbook VBA actions. The top left hand corner there is an Excel logo, not the one in th blue program bar, but in the menu bar. Right Click and select "View Code" There will be two drop down boxes one that will probably say General if this has never been entered previously. Change the box on the right to Workbook. Then Change the right hand box to "Activate" Insert the following code Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False exit the VBA screen and t...

"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possi
"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because another user has a source table open in exclusive mode. your query will be opened in design view" what this message mean ,and how can i solve it Hi - Please provide more details as to what you are doing when you get the error, what your database setup is (i.e. split Fe/BE?, multiuser?, version? etc). Without more information, we can only guess. Thanks - John amr wrote: >"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because >another user has a ...

Create static text from cell reference

Text Very Small When Replying
I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an email but how does one set the default size? No matter what I ser the font size to when replying it always reverts back to the smallest size when I do another reply. Look, I'm 54! I can't read that small text! James Are you using stationery? Also, Alt + T, Options, Compose,....... -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message news:OGt2E1OhKHA.1460@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an emai...

Extract text from field
If you have a filed that contatins the following data:LastName, FirstNameWhere LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?Many, many thanks in advance. On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:09:45 -0500, "Mary M" <none@no_email.com> wrote:>If you have a filed that contatins the following data:>>LastName, FirstName>>Where LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain >just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?>>Many, many thanks in...

Prioritize Internal Email
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email to a higher priority than internet mail? -Patrick What specific issue are you trying to address? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FD55EB5-475C-46B6-AB3A-1C697E62DF72@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email > to a > higher priority than internet mail? > -Patrick ...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

recieving emails
I get an error message while recieving my emails (send and recieve) and when I hit the button again it starts recieving from the begining again resulting in duplicate messages then it ends in an error like the beginning again. My email is Yahoo mail plus Dorisall wrote: || I get an error message Which is? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Dorisall <Dorisall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get an error message while recieving my emails (send and recieve) > and when I hit the button again it starts reci...

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Can't receive EMail #5

email icon
I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this mean? -- xgdude It indicates that you replied to that message. A green arrow pointing right indicates that you forwarded the message. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "xgdude" wrote in message news:04BCD8E8-B64A-4385-B601-55095BC34F42@microsoft.com... I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this...

some emails not coming through internally
Hello, I have a 3COM NBX phone system. It has the capability of sending an e-mail to a user with the voice message attached. That system is on my 10.1.x.x network. My exchange server is on my 10.3.x.x. network. There's a place in the NBX system to put the name of the SMTP server. I've tried both the email.mydomain.com and the IP address of the server. The messages do not come through. If I change the e-mail address for delivery to an account such as yahoo.com, it comes through no problem. I have a test exchange server at home. If I set it to go to that, goes no where. I ...

email
How can I change the time that it takes for message to shift from BOLD (unread) to PLAIN TEXT (as read) in my inbox. If I open MS OUTLOOK it will change within 30 seconds to PLAIN TEXT from BOLD appearing as read, even if I don't want to read them at that time. Therefore, later, I don't know if I read that one or not. I have seen the time limit change on the setup somewhere, but can't find it now! joe@dixiesteamway.com Outlook does not have this option to mark an email as read when viewing in the Preview pane. Only Outlook Express does. "Joe Dobbins" <joe...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...

Re: Outlook wont send to emails hypered to from the net
No. I installed the Google Bar recently which does have one, but it isnt in use. I was having this problem beforehand anyway. (Google bar = 1 day old, Problem = since I got the PC). Amb "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message news:OPXxDqeuDHA.2448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > are you using a popup stopper? > > -- > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours > Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) > > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ > > Search for ans...