Prevent message from being Archived...?

Howdy,

In OL2K, is there a way to prevent a specific message from being
archived when the AutoArchive process occurs?

Thanks,

--
Kenneth

Open the message once a week.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Kenneth asked:

| Howdy,
|
| In OL2K, is there a way to prevent a specific message from being
| archived when the AutoArchive process occurs?
|
| Thanks,

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
2/23/2004 2:47:22 PM
You can also go into the Properties of the message and select do not archive
this item or for a more global resolution create a folder which isn't
archived and then move the message to that
"Kenneth" <sole.nh.ultranet@SPAMLESSrcn.com> wrote in message
> Howdy,
>
> In OL2K, is there a way to prevent a specific message from being
> archived when the AutoArchive process occurs?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Kenneth
>
> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:14:46 -0000, "Robert Crayk MVP"
<newsgroups@crayk.com> wrote:

>You can also go into the Properties of the message and select do not archive
>this item or for a more global resolution create a folder which isn't
>archived and then move the message to that
>"Kenneth" <sole.nh.ultranet@SPAMLESSrcn.com> wrote in message
>> Howdy,
>>
>> In OL2K, is there a way to prevent a specific message from being
>> archived when the AutoArchive process occurs?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> Kenneth
>>
>> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."

Hi Robert,

When I right click the message (which is what I assume you meant by
"go into the Properties") there is no option relating to Archiving.

Is there another place I should be looking?

Sincere thanks,

--
Kenneth

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:47:22 -0800, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhingaboutmailingmemvps.org> wrote:

>Open the message once a week.
>
>--?
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Hi Milly,

Would I be more certain if I opened it more frequently? <g>

--
Kenneth

Yep open the message and then from the File menu choose Properties, Milly
post is one way because Archiving works on the modified date and opening it
will modify the date
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:14:46 -0000, "Robert Crayk MVP"
> <newsgroups@crayk.com> wrote:
>
> >You can also go into the Properties of the message and select do not
archive
> >this item or for a more global resolution create a folder which isn't
> >archived and then move the message to that
> >"Kenneth" <sole.nh.ultranet@SPAMLESSrcn.com> wrote in message
> >> Howdy,
> >>
> >> In OL2K, is there a way to prevent a specific message from being
> >> archived when the AutoArchive process occurs?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Kenneth
> >>
> >> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> When I right click the message (which is what I assume you meant by
> "go into the Properties") there is no option relating to Archiving.
>
> Is there another place I should be looking?
>
> Sincere thanks,
>
> --
> Kenneth
>
> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:28:49 -0000, "Robert Crayk MVP"
<newsgroups@crayk.com> wrote:

>Yep open the message and then from the File menu choose Properties, Milly
>post is one way because Archiving works on the modified date and opening it
>will modify the date

Hi again Robert,

Please accept my thanks...

I had (incorrectly) thought that I could access the properties of the
message without opening it.

--
Kenneth

Prevent reading extensionAttribute
Hi everyone, I hope this is a simple question, even if the the How-To might be difficult. I'm trying to prevent users other than a specific universal group, as well as domain admins, from reading the data in the extensionAttribute1, and extensionAttribute2 attributes on the user property in AD that Exchange 2003 puts there when you install it. The reason is that we have some sensitive data in that field, and as it is now, anyone (Authenticated Users) can query using LDAP and suck that information out, which happens to be priveleged HR information. Anyway, is there a way we can den...

Message for Stan
I have been reading that you are starting a new "Global Empire" and are looking for people to hire. I was wondering if you will be having an Internet in your new "Global Empire" and if so, is the job of "Moderator" available? I would like to apply for that job. Please let me know where I can get the application. Thanks very much. A loyal subject!!! ...

Importing WLM Messages
I recently converted from Win 7 RC to Win 7 Pro, before I wiped my drive I exported all of my information. When I began the import process everything went smooth. Contacts, accounts, favs, cookies ect. all came over without a problem, however my messages will not import. I get an error that says: "No messages can be found in the folder or another application is running that has required files open....." I have nothing else open and when I manually go into the directory I can open the messages one at a time. However they are in no order and it very hard to fin...

When hitting reply to a message, no "Bcc:" header field appears

cannot add to archive.pst
A few months ago, I manually archived a few folders of my inbox and it worked great. I verified that the archive was there, (open outlook data file) and the archive data was in my folder list. I just tried to archive more data and it does not work. I do not get any error messages, outlook seems like it is going through the process ( a little quickly) but the files do not move. They are still in the original folders, not in archive. archive.pst did not change in size. How can I correct this? Using Outlook 2003. Archive depends on the date settings you have set, and this date is t...

Email Message(s) Not Being Retrieved
I've been waiting for an email today but Windows Mail hasn't retrieved it. I then decided to go online to my email client's web site and the email is there! The email was posted on the server today at 10:05 AM. The message isn't in any of my other Windows Mail folders including the Junk Email folder. Any idea why this message isn't being retrieved by Windows Mail?? James Sorry I found the message. I had them sorted oldest to newest. Duh. "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:%23r5VO4H7KHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl....

Exchange OMA error message. Please read...
When our i-700's with Pocket PC 2003 attempts to access our mail exchange server, all we receive is the following error message: " A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Home" mail.domain.com/exchange works fine though. We've installed the service pack 1 for exchange 2003 to attempt to fix this issue and are having the same results. Does anyone care to share how they may have overcome this exchange problem with their compatible PDAs and Exchange's OMA (Outlook Mobile Access...

Third request for help with Payables Error message!
Ok I have posted this for the third time with no response! I need help to know if there is any kind of issue on the back end of our environment. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated! We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a ...

Saving html message as Draft changes text formatting...
WIN XP HE, OL 2002 Hi, I have recently noticed that whenever I write an email (using Word as editor) in html format, and instead of sending it, save it (to the drafts folder), the text itself changes format from my default to another one. It seems to change in the paragraph style which then changes the text format. The only change I recently made was to edit my signatures in html, rtf and plain text format. When I write a new email, it opens up with the signature already in it and perhaps there are format/style conflicts..? Tx for shedding some light into this. S As an added information, t...

message stuck in outbox
large attachment in outbox locking up application. regular delete will not work; how do i delete Are you connecting to an Exchange server or are you using a pst. "hodges" <kc_hodges@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:06b101c366bd$0b84cad0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > large attachment in outbox locking up application. > regular delete will not work; how do i delete ..pst >-----Original Message----- >Are you connecting to an Exchange server or are you using a pst. >"hodges" <kc_hodges@hotmail.com> wrote in message >news:06b101c366bd$0b84cad0$a40...

Excel 2007 compatibility checker message
I have a spreadsheet created in Excel 2003. I open it in Excel 2007 and Save As without making any changes. I get a compatibility error: "Some formulas in this workbook are linked to other workbooks that are closed." It does not have a "find" link. How do I find these formulas? Thanks. JerryK You could use Edit Links on the Data tab to see what the names of the linked workbooks are and then do a Find on them. If that doesn't work you might try Bill Manville's Find Link utility although I don't know how it works with Excel 2007: http://www.oaltd.co.u...

Recipient appears twice in the message header
Hi, I have a user with Outlook 2000 set up as IMAP. She received a few e-mails yesterday where she appears in the recepient(TO) field 2 or 3 times, but the sender has only put her address once. I have checked the header in the raw MSG file and her address only appears once. What could cause this? How do I fix this? Please advise. The user is driving me nuts with this. Thanks, Ed ...

Choose Profile Message When Sending Report to Mail
We are having a problem with Mail Configuration. We are using GP published through Citrix. We log into the desktop as a particular user, and configure the default Mail Profile using Mail in the Control Panel, which is Outlook. The problem is that whenever we Print a report to Screen, then go Send Mail as text, it pops up with the Choose Mail dialog. After clicking on Options (on the Dialog) you can check "Default Profile" and it sends the email. Yet when we close GP and re-open it, the Choose Profile dialog appears again. Any ideas why this is happening? Regards Konrad Konr...

Possible to create a rule to alert on BCC messages?
Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 Hello: I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as a blind copy. I was hoping to create a rule to alert me when I'm in the BCC field. However, when using the rules wizard, I only see the options regarding my name in the To or CC field. Is there a way to create this that I may be missing? Thank you. In article <#pJLIK1ALHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, victoria@dig.com says... > > Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 > > Hello: > > I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as ...

Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web
Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web Support over 147 countries and ALL languages (unicode encoding) MSG.to provides a unique personal SMS URL for you. It is easy for friends sending text message to you by web. For example, if your name is Lisa, you can register: http://MSG.to/Lisa (you can use this link to see demo) You can also register your mobile phone number as SMS URL like: http://MSG.to/+886913123456 (you can use this link to see demo) Please visit http://msg.to/ for more information. Related keywords: Short Message Serv...

question about leaving messages on server
My husband and I have 1 POP mail account. I am accessing it from a computer in Virginia, where I'm staying with relatives. He is accessing the same account from California. I have my Outlook set up to keep messages on the server, but to delete them after 1 day (so that he will still get the messages, but the server won't get clogged). His email program, Eudora, is set up so the messages will be deleted from the server after he downloads them. Is there a chance I won't get some messages because he has his computer set up that way? (He downloads it 1st, then it gets deleted off serv...

How do I get outgoing messages to send from a particular email ac.
I have multiple email accounts set up in Microsoft Office. Whenever I compose new mail, it is outgoing from one of them, but as I rarely use that internet service anymore, I want it to come from another one. How do I change what email address is displayed on my outgoing messages? State your Outlook version and, if 98 or 2000, the mode (help->about->second line should say.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without read...

how do I prevent a worksheet from being copied in excel
yet allow users to select values in a defined range Good evening kensanjose You really need to supply more information about what you mean - cop the file/sheets/ranges etc Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1893 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38531 How do I prevent a worksheet from being copied in excel? Can I disable right click within a file so that the sheet cannot be copied into another file and manipula...

message does not display on in-coming mail
in outlook express, for in-coming mail, i see the sender, attachments and subject but the space for the message is blank. any suggestions Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here...

Prevent excel from changing numeric data ranges into dates?
I want to prevent excel from changing my numeric data into dates (ie. 10-12, into 12-Oct). I want to import specific data ranges, not a date values. Whenever I paste or type a possible date, like 10-12, excel assumes I am writing Oct. 12, 2004. Then, Excel formats the cell into a Custom d-mmm format (see scrn shot @ www.vd4.org/excel_issue.gif). If I change the Custom format to General, excel converts the date into the DATE'S value (ie. 12-Oct, into 38272; which I think is the # of days since 1900?). How can I *prevent* excel from changing my data ranges into dates (ie keep 10-12 ...

False number of unread messages
For the last week or so my folders list shows one unread message in my Inbox, but there are none. Anyone know how I can correct this please? "Ayrhead" <Ayrhead@discussions.com> wrote in message news:61EED10D-B8A6-4293-A60D-540E9E90C446@microsoft.com... > For the last week or so my folders list shows one unread message in my > Inbox, > but there are none. Anyone know how I can correct this please? View menu>current view>disable group messages by conversation should reveal the missing message. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. ht...

Keep message from being forwarded automatically
Is there an option in Outlook 2003 to keep messages from being forwarded? In help I found Restricted permission, but I can't find that icon on the email toolbar, so maybe that is a flaw in the help file. ...

blocking messages
I have a problem and hope someone here can help me.. The messages that I try to block don't go to my deleted folder, they keep coming to my inbox. Is there a way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.... Ladi Version of Outlook? How do you try to automatically delete them? By means of the Junk E-mail Filter (Outlook 2003) or by means of a rule? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Betty" <ladi@localnet.com> wrote in message ne...

Incoming message arrive as an attachment
Hi, Can some one help me. I recently start receiving incoming message as .txt attachment as well as the inline text. These is really weird...just start very recently. I am using Exchange 5.5 and outlook 2000. Thank you in advance. Tim >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Can some one help me. I recently start receiving incoming >message as .txt attachment as well as the inline text. >These is really weird...just start very recently. > >I am using Exchange 5.5 and outlook 2000. > >Thank you in advance. > >Tim >. > never seen that problem. Uni...

Cannot send message
Please advise how to engage. My crystal ball is broken. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Joe" <jftodd@vermontel.net> wrote in message news:OR%23Ltbi7KHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Please advise how to engage. Get down on one knee, give her a diamond ring. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Joe...