possable to show OL only in systray

Hi all,

I can have outlook 2003 constantly running but would just like to move it to
the systray rather than on the task bar, so i can continue to receive the
popups informing me of new mail

thanks

michael

0
trott (3)

Sure, rightclick the icon in the Notification Area and select Hide When
Minimized

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Michael" <trott@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I can have outlook 2003 constantly running but would just like to move it
> to the systray rather than on the task bar, so i can continue to receive
> the popups informing me of new mail
>

> thanks
>
> michael

0
Roady

Outlook 2007 on two computers don't show same e-mails
How can I get both machines to have the same records? I have a laptop and desktop with Outlook 2007 and Vista. I have been using my laptop for all e-mailing but now started to use the desktop. I set up the e-mail account on the desktop. The e-mails that I have received, read, saved and sent when using the laptop, do not appear in Outlook on the desktop. Can't I see from my desktop computer the e-mails I see on the laptop? Do you have one of the machines leaving the mail on the server, if you're getting your mail from a POP3 server? Otherwise each machine will download a mes...

subform datasheet: one field does not show the values
I had created a subform for order details and linked this to orders form\ table by OrderId. All the details are showing up in my subform( datasheet view) except OrderNO, which is a text field. I am using Access 2007. Do any one of you experienced this kind of issue before? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:47:54 GMT, "mls via AccessMonster.com" <u55943@uwe> wrote: >I had created a subform for order details and linked this to orders form\ >table by OrderId. All the details are showing up in my subform( data...

Show Repairs
I have several word documents having issue and therefore whenever I open that document - “Show Repairs” dialog box gets displayed. In the errors list it shows - "Drawn Objects and Text Boxes”. I want to programmatically suppress "Show Repairs” dialog box. Also I do want to make any changes to these docs and do not want to save. Please suggest any solution. Thanks in advance. ---Israr ...

importing leads, branches defined but won't show in the conversion table
Hi all, I'm trying to import loads of leads but am having some difficulty getting all the information in CRM 1.2 that I want. We wish to import a branch discription ("industrycode" ? / we use the Dutch version) but if I add values to this record they don't show up when I use the lead-import wizard. I can only select the original values that where there from the get go. Anyone any Ideas?? rgds Patrick you need to publish your changes through deployment manager and then do an IISRESET to restart the web server service "Haas" <p.haasewinkel@ecostar.nl> w...

Show Vendor Name
I have a form that shows purchase order records and one of the fields is vendor Number. What I would like to do is have the vendor name that is in the vendor file show and of course match the vendor. Behind the form is a query that is updatable. However, when I try to link the vendor table to the PO table by vendor number and put vendor name into the query, I can no longer add any records to the form. It does not seem to make any difference how I join the tables (other that get a bad record set) I still cannot add records. I thought about some sort of unbound text box that would look at...

Won't show plain text messages
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and now I can't read any of my saved plain text messages. When I click on the folder in Windows Explorer, all the messages show up but only the html messages can be read. The plain text messages show the header but not the body of the email. I'm running a business mostly by email so I need to constantly refer to these messages and now I have to copy the message then paste it in Outlook to be able to read it. Someone please tell me there is a way to get STUPID Outlook to show the plain text messages. Hi Try this out: Goto tools > cl...

Mail Address Booking showing more than Email address
Hi, When I type in a mail recipient's name, or use the address book, I get their business fax number, etc, as a choice, along with a choice of their email address. How can I set the address book so that it only shows email address? (it's getting the business fax number off of the Contact card). Thanks, Steve (Office 2007, XP Pro SP2) Steve Adams <steveada@bellsouth.net> wrote: > When I type in a mail recipient's name, or use the address book, I > get their business fax number, etc, as a choice, along with a choice > of their email address. Just as it sho...

Opening any excel document NOTHING shows
I am using Excel 2007 and when I open any excel sheet/work book, new or existing, I have a totally blank sheet. Nothing shows unless I shrink down the sheet/workbook and then restore it. Does anyone have any ideas? on what I can do to resolve this, other than to continue shrinking & restoring. Thanks. ...

Sharing Data
I thought that if I created a Team and then shared an Opportunity with that team that someone else owned that Opportunity would show on a report, however this does not appear to be the case? Should shared Opportunities show on a report for the person who received the sharing? Hi, If you want to segregate information, then it has to be done using Business Units not Teams. Shafraz -- Visit my blog: http://lovepeaceandcrm.blogspot.com/ "Sixty4" wrote: > I thought that if I created a Team and then shared an Opportunity with > that team that someone else owned that Opport...

MS OL 2003 Issue
In Outlook 2003, everytime I click on a new message, forward or reply I get a message box for MS Visual Basic that macros have been disabled, What do I need to do to correct that? Thanks in advance for your help. Hi Tom, please click HELP | ABOUT MICROSOFT OFFICE | DISABLE ITEMS and there is a list of disable or enable items. Please aktivate all!"+ -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Tom Perot" <tperot@perotsys.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:005701c47a3d$...

Reflect file path (show drive letters) in Excel 2000
Hi, If i am on a network environment and using excel 2000, i wish to reflect the file location e.g. D:\project good\chart\book 2000.xls How do i get excel 200 to generate the file location, other than having the file name and sheet only? Hello Alicia, Enter this formula, exactly as shown in a workbook that has been saved... =CELL("filename") Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Alicia" <Alicia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64EB8582-FDFA-42E7-96B1-A762FC928676@microsoft.com... > Hi, > If i am on a network environment and using excel 2000, i w...

negative [h]:mm:ss does not show on the x axis of a chart
If you have minus hh:mm:ss time on a chart or pivot chart the x axis does not display any values down it's axis. and when you hove over the bar, value is empty. In Excell 2003 it work fine in a normal chart, but not pivot chart. In Excel 2007 neither work. Also when you select the 1904 date system, the times fly through the roof. time is displayed as 1:00:00 on the worksheet, but within the pivottable / chart they are shown as 35089:00:00, formula in the cell = 3600 / 86400. fields / cells all are formatted as [h]:mm:ss ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, an...

Showing certain records in a form
The users of a database I am converting to MS ACC07 want to use the the arrows at the bottom of the form (e.g. 1 of 1949 with the arrows) to navigate. I have given them other ways to navigate between records in the table, but they still want to use this. The table is called Outings and has information on events for 4 different programs. Each program manager only wants to see the Outing records in the table for their Program. Is there a way to do this easily? Thanks Jeff Jeffrey Marks wrote: > The users of a database I am converting to MS ACC07 want to use the > the arr...

Created Calendar events do not show on Windows Live Mail.
When I create an event on the desktop windows live mail, the event does not show up at all, even after syncing with the online calendar. If I create the event on the online calendar, it shows up immediatly online and then will also appear on the desktop WLM after syncing. Must I only create events in the online calendar to have them appear in the desktop version? (this can't be true, hence I must be missing something). ...

How to create a chart showing ranges of prices of different produc
Hi all, I very much appreciate your help. I am trying to create a chart such as the one in the following link: http://earthtrends.wri.org/images/ethanol_production_cost_small.jpg It shows on the Y-axis different items. On the X-axis, the price in USD 0..1...2...3...4...5...6...7...and so on. Than, for each product I need to plot its range of prices. For example, for item 1, its price ranges from 3 to 5 dollar. so it should be a horizontal line or bar extending from 3 to 5. Could you please explain to me how to do it? By the way, Any idea what these types of charts are ...

changes to stored procedure not showing up in report builder??
I've had two occurrences of this happening. This last time I realized I forgot a field in my stored procedure so I went and added it into the proc. When I got back to the report builder and execute the proc from the Data tab my new field shows up When I go the the Layout tab it doesn't see my new field. I tried typing it in manually but I get an error when I try and run the report. I looked at the rdl file and there is a list of <Fields> listed in the <DataSet> tag. Is there a way to have this refreshed as the proc changes or do I have to add this fi...

Messages show only my name in preview pane list
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi <br><br>I'm using Entourage with my MobileMe account and also copying my messages onto the 'On my computer' section. In this section I have some folders I have created for storing sent messages. In some of these folders, when I use the preview pane, all the messages are shown in the list with my name as the addressee (I have not even copied myself so obviously there are none that actually have me as a recipient). When I get rid of the preview pane they all have the correct name. <br...

howto change default MFC icon that shows in Explorer
I am using VC6. I changed the default MFC icon but my new one only appears in the Help, About dialog box. How do I change the icon so when my program appears in Windows Explorer I will get my icon and not the default MFC? Thanks, There are several icons involved. You must change the icon in each of several resolutions, such as 16x16 and 32x32. If you do not change all icons, the icon image may or may not change. In addition, you need to "flush the icon cache", because some programs, such as the Explorer, keep a cache of icons so they don't have to look them up every time. ...

Images stored in Access- how do I make them show up in a Data Access Page?
Is there a way to store images in the database, but also have them show up in data access pages in addition to forms? I know I can store links to images, but they exist outside the database. I have tried the OLE object datatype, but Access won't let me put that in a data access page. Is there a way to do this, keeping the images in the database? -- justme0010 ...

Redeployment Wizard shows no databases !
No matter what i enter as SQL Server name , i never get any databases in the Microsoft CRM database name combobox. (Specify databases) I restored both databases ( Metabase and Mscrm database) in Sql Server. What might be the reason of this problem? Reason looks to be the Indexing Service. That wasn't running. When it was running, the crm databases were shown. "Purple" wrote: > No matter what i enter as SQL Server name , i never get any databases in the > Microsoft CRM database name combobox. (Specify databases) > > I restored both databases ( Metabase and Ms...

Old Upcoming Bills shows in My Money
I am using MS Money 2003 STD. I have just set up using the web services w/ my Passport account and have noticed a problem. Under the "Upcoming Bills and Deposits" there is a old bill from several months earlier. I am not sure but this bill should have been skipped or deleted awhile ago. All other upcoming bills and account information is up to date as near as I can tell. I have cleared and reset my online account once already but it is still there. Is there a way in Money to remove this entry even though it isn't visible under "Bills and Deposits"? Thank...

Sent mail not showing up in Sent folder
Any idea why mail would not be showing up in my sent folder after I have sent them. I have checked with the individuals that I sent the email to and they have received them just fine. It is not happening to every email either. Any ideas why this might be taking place and where the sent emails are going? I do have the option checked to save a copy of the email in the sent items folder. I am using Outlook 2000. Thanks for any help. You have to check where your delivery is setup FROM. Go to Tools-Services-Delivery and see where your emails are sent from....that will tell you what sent ...

New Users are not showing in the Global Address Book
When I create a new user they get an email address under AD so RUS appear to be working, but they are not added to the Global Address Book. Any ideas would be great... Thanks Heith If you're using cached mode they won't turn up until tomorrow since the offline address book gets regenerated overnight. -Peter "Heith" <someone@notthistime.com> wrote in message news:%23ipvoV89GHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > When I create a new user they get an email address under AD so RUS appear > to be working, but they are not added to the Global Address Book. &g...

New GAL not showing in Exchange 2003
I created a new exchange 2003 global address list in exchange 2003 and it is not showing up in outlook. The Default Global Address List shows up fine but the other two do not. What could be the problem? I have been look all over the internet and have not found anything today. I am sure someone has run into this before. "Chris T." <k0rnshell@charter.net> wrote in message news:%23AhQbQpTEHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I created a new exchange 2003 global address list in exchange 2003 and it is > not showing up in outlook. The Default Global Address List shows up fine...

Can an OL folder's Home Page be a non-htm, editable document?
If I right-click on an OL folder and go to Properties/Home Page, can I somehow get a document (.doc, .txt, .wri, .rtf, whatever) to show up in that folder that I can then edit as a normal document? I know I can get an .htm page to appear in there, but I can't edit it. I pointed the browse function to a word .doc and got something with all the formatting characters showing up, but I couldn't edit while in the OL Note. Notes is a pretty meagre environment in which to write anything more than a short, well, note. So I'm hoping there's some way I can use something more po...