POP3 server connect errors

Hello,

WinXP Pro, Outlook 2k SP3 POP3 server connect failures.
a) can send/receive emails under 100kb
b) setup Outlook logging, and see server connect failures
in logs for all email accounts across 3 domains.

Things tried
1) All usual settings checked over, been running smoothly
for months - ZoneAlarm, McAfee v8.  Same results whether
these disabled or enabled [did shut them down to test].
2) Removed/Re-added Outlook email accounts.  All settings
standard POP3 110.  Also tried increasing time-out.
3) Uninstalled/Re-installed Outlook
4) Moved outlook.pst and let Outlook recreate fresh pst.
5) Same issues whether dialup ISP or home cable modem
6) Contacted all domain hosts and dialup ISP support
desk.  Sent Outlook logs to domain hosts.
7) Can telnet to POP3 servers - no issue.
8) IE v6 and all webmail runs smoothly.
9) WinXP Pro, ZoneAlarm, McAfee's, Office2k - all MS
updates applied and current.
10) And yes, virus checked twice.

In testing, only small 100kb emails getting thru.  Empty
email accounts also erroring out.

POP3 Log has text such as...
POP3: 13:28:53 [db] err: WSAGETSELECTEVENT = 0x10,
WSAGETSELECTERROR = 10049
POP3: 13:28:53 [db] ERROR: "The connection to the server
has failed.", hr=2148322318

Tested on another Windows2000 PC.  Outlook 2000 works
fine there.  i.e. can pull down a larger (1.5mb) email on
a problem email account.

Back to problem PC:  WinXP Outlook tries to send error
log to MS regarding an abort in shlwapi.dll  [have
allowed to send once]

How did I get here?  I think while I was trying to defrag
(done many times before) I let my notebook lose battery
power.  Is MS defrag not robust enough to handle mid
process shutdown?

I am beginning to think I have corrupted my WinXP dll's
1) Any thoughts?

2) What is best way to fix corrrupt dll's without
formatting and reloading [I have alot on my PC].

3) Will a reload of WinXP Pro (full version) replace the
system dll's???  I see various website suggestions for
replacing shell32 and shlwapi - using batch DOS commands
and Recovery Console.  Don't want to make myself a bigger
mess.

Appreciate any and all help.
Sme

0
anonymous (74722)

How to Connect to SQL Server??
Dears: Earlier today, I had to change strategies for retrieving information that I need for a utility program I am working on. Essentially, the program performs some low level Windows profile translations as we move to a new domain structure (AD) and a new standardized ID convention. We presently have two formats of standardized user IDs: one in our pre-merger format and used with the older NT domains, and a new standardized user ID. I have a table in SQL Server 2000 that contains two fields, one for each type of ID, and the table contains approximately 275,000 rows. This program is going t...

outlook won't connect from TS after re installing ISA 2004 sp 1
Howdy, Had trouble with ISA 2004 - failed, so uninstall/re install successfully, users on win2k3 Terminal server could open outlook but it would close immediately with error unable to connect to exchange server network problems.... Googled error, it was suggested I install ISA SP 3 which I did, but this stopped RRAS & MSfirewall. removed via repair first & then unistall; users on TS can now connect to outlook OK, but no ISA installed SBS 2003 sp2, dual NIC SBS server, exhcange SP2, kaspersky antivirus Any suggestions would be gratly appreciated -- Cheers, Peter...

Error setting shape text property
Hi guys and girls(i'm told there are a few of you out there), I have seen posted on MSDN that the Text property can not be set on a shape via VBA using excel 2002. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317293#appliesto The work around sounds hillarious, using Word to create a shape object for us and then doing a copy / paste via automation. I have the same issue with excel 2003 is there any other way to provide a text area on a chart that is movable and can change the text property? For reference the line of code that errors is ActiveSheet.Shapes(1).TextFrame....

Excel Startup Error
Whenever I double click on my Excel icon I get a message that `C:\Program files\Microsoft office\office 10\library\mobiledb.xla can not be found. I tap on the OK button and immediately go into Excel but this error notice is getting on my last nerve! I've searched and sure enough it's not on my computer. I was looking for an Excel.ini file so that I could remove Excel's search for this bogus file but I can't figure it out. Any help would be wonderful as I'm tired of looking at this useless error. Thanks in advance, Mick I think it is the Palm database add-in. Have yo...

Outlook connectivity
Hi I have a laptop installation of the Outlook client which locks up whenever you try to use any of the crm functionallity such as track in crm. It will not display any of the crm pages either. There is no error message or time out it just sits there and does nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and this fixed it for a short preiod but a day later and I have the same problem. It is working fine on another machine though with the same installation so I am of the opinion there must be something wrong with a local settings but can not find anything as yet. Any suggections ? Brian...

Internal Application Error
(VC++6) The program is working on 20 or so computers(win95/98/2000/XP) but on 2-3, when your'e starting, the program it's showing an error shawn below. The program is relativly simple: doc/view, using .mdb (DAO 3.5), not using ActiveX, not interfering in registry ... It's using MFC in a static library. For distribution using Inno Setup 4.2.0 When you install VS6 on a problematic computer(s), the program is working. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Thanks Is it the same OS you are getting the problem with (i.e. Win95)? "Dugi" <vladimir.radojevic@zg.htnet...

CRM 1.2 & 3 on the sae server
Is it possible to install a CRM 3 on the same server (and not to upgrade) where the 1.2 CRM is already installed? I dont believe you can do that, unless you are using server virtualization. "David Massard" wrote: > Is it possible to install a CRM 3 on the same server (and not to upgrade) > where the 1.2 CRM is already installed? Both versions use the same registry hive, so they can not run on the same machine. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" <chadbuserncsicc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:885DC6E8-3226-4D1F-9...

Looping Nested RST Error.
I am trying to send out a lot (200 or more) of emails via CDO. In RST1 I am getting the name and some totals. Counting the number of Classes attended per quarter. In RST2 I am getting details, like the class and the date of the class for all classes attended by that person. So I get RST1 and then base RST2 on the LifeStep ID in RST1. Then I loop through RST2 to get all the details. Next Record in RST1 and all its details and so on. I found that the querydefs query that I am using gets messed up. I up in a copy object through each loop to try and fix it. Well... After about 20 ...

Outlook 2007 error 0X80040900
Task Mike Fussell@XXXXXXXX Receiving reported error (0X80040900) The server name you entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily Verify that you are online and that the server name is correct. I have a HP Pavilion desktop running Vista Home Premium 64 bits system, It has been working for months and all of a sudden stopped. H E L P !!!!!! -- Mike Fussell Have you read this? It offers a multitude of reasons it can happen and solutions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514 "Mike Fussell" <MikeFussell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

pop3 server not starting
brand new domain setup. server2003, exchange 2003. everything appears to work very nicely. upon rebooting the server, the virtual pop3 server doesnt startup. in services, the pop3 service is set to automatic and claims to be started. but the server itself needs to be manually started through exchange system manager. any ideas? Any relevant events in Application Event log? jjd228@NOSPAMoptonline.net wrote: > brand new domain setup. server2003, exchange 2003. everything appears to > work very nicely. upon rebooting the server, the virtual pop3 server doesnt > startup. in services...

CRM Error: General failure in scheduling engine 03-27-07
Hello, When my users attempt to create an appointment, they are getting the following error on the Save event. However, it does add the appointment. One cause of this is if a callout has been configured on the serviceappointment or appointment entity that accepts any postvalue data. This is generally a developer issue; if you post the contents of the \Program Files\Microsoft CRM\server\bin\assembly\callout.config.xml file I can tell you if this is the problem. (If no such files exists then the problem lies elsewhere) "kathyc" wrote: > Hello, > > When my users a...

delete old exchange server from AD
Exchange System Manager shows two servers - one of which no longer exists. Now I can't remove the old server, because it does not exist! (I get the error message shown below) Just to be clear: the old exchange server hardware is gone. I cannot uninstall the old exchange server because the hardware is gone. I can't connect to the old exchange server because the hardware is gone. My existing exchange server is still trying to replicate to the old exchange server which no longer exists. Presumably the information is held in Active Directory. How do I tell my Exchange server not...

Error Code 646 02-28-10
While trying to perfom the following windows updates I get an error code 646. I am using windows vista. Can somebody please help? 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1) Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 (KB951550) Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB959997) Security Update for Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 (KB950130) Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB951338) Security Update for Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 (KB950114) Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB956358) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office Sy...

Error Message in Outlook #8
Hi I have a user that is experiencing issues with his outlook. on opening his outlook he gets: 'The data file Personal Folders' was not closed properly' the file is being checked for problems' It takes approx 10- 15 mins to do the check every day He does check that outlook has closed down properly every evening (task manager) and it does he is using Windows 2000 SP4 With Office XP Small Business any idea's ? thanks Ria What anti-virus software are you using? What version of Outlook are you using? Does he have any add-ins installed in Outlook? -- -Ben- Ben M. S...

code error 80048823
hi i have tried every thing to fix it reset my password but i wont work and i dont have a alternate email adress option can you please help mee and i tried looking at all solution i stiil aint workink helpp please ... ...

CRM Outlook Client installation and calendar synchronization error
We have installed the CRM desktop Outlook Client in several PCs (using office 2003 and CRM 3.0). The installation went well in all of them, but: 1. in some cases under the Microsoft CRM folder created in outlook, there are items like Inbox, Calendar, etc while in others only CRM-specific items exist (Sales, Marketing, etc). Why is that happening and how can we control how the client will be installed? 2. as a consequence of the 1st problem, some PCs have one Calendar item (the usual one, under Personal Folders) while others have more --2 at least. When synchronizing, the client somehow...

Urgent
Dears,,, How - using Exchange 2003- to manage two mail domains like (xxx.msft) and (yyy.msft) Via the same exchange server ( I Have only one Server) Also, I want to make my server is only backup mailserver for the mailserver that are hosted on the ISP server, in which when a message delivered to mailserver , a backup of it (copy) will be sent to my Exchange server that is in my LAN, either just it arrives or make a schedule to download all these messages to my Local Exchange server so, all my users will be connected to the local Mailserver to get their mailbox messages. Thank U &g...

Biztalk Server Partner Edition
I cannot find Biztalk installer on the CRM installation disks. The CRM integration datasheet from Microsoft says that CRM will ships with BizTalk Server 2002 Partner Edition, including tools and documentation for creating customized integrations. I need to buid an integration with another application based on Biztalk Server, the client has CRM installed and doesn't want to buy a Biztalk Server licence. Thank you, Doru It does not come with CRM. It comes with CRM Integration. They would have to have the "professional" version of CRM (which includes integration). ...

Can I migrate my old Exchange 5.5 from NT4 to 2003 server?
Totally have no idea about how to do it. Any tips, please. Thanks a lot Hi, Exchange 5.5 will not run on Windows 2003. Exchange 5.5 will run on Windows 2000. The only version of Exchange that will run on Windows 2003 is Exchange 2003. -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "yuner" <annie_bai2000@yahoo.com> wrote in m...

GP 10 User Security Error
When logged into GP 10 as one user and you want to log in as another user and you click the currently signed in user ID to switch users. The new user gets the error message that "your attempt to log out failed ... one or more tables are open..." then you click cancel to cancel the sign in GP is still running and no windows or menus are accessible so you have to force quit and then re-log in. How do you prevent this? Why doesn't it work the same as in the previous versions? It appears the only way to prevent this message is to completely log out of GP and re-log in as th...

CRM not appearing in Server Management
Running CRM 3.0 on Small Business Server 2003. The installation seems fine other than the fact that under "Advanced Management" in the Server Management app, the CRM tab is not appearing. Anyone come across this? ...

POP3 error in Outlook 2003??
I just moved from OE to Outlook 2003 and set up all my POP3 mail boxes. One of them is POP3 account at yahoo.com. It goes through TEST with no problems. Once I click on send&receive it completes downloading but them shows me this error in the send&receive dialog box: ________________________________________ Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.ie - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server resp...

Connect Exchange 2000 to the Internet
I know this has been asked before, but I cannot seem to find one clear answer. Here is my problem. I have a Windows 2000 LAN with two WIN2000 servers, one being the PDC, the other with Exchange 2000 being the BDC. Both behind a RED HAT 7.2 box and out to the internet. The internal messaging is handled by the mentioned server, but for Internet mail, we have a mail service given by our ISP with 20 mailboxes and 200 mb space on disk. So each user gets internal mail thru exchange, and pop3 mail directly from the internet via our isp. I would like to change the configuration so that the exchan...

Forward to outside domain exchange server
Hi all, Is this possible? We are acquiring a company. We would like to have their MX record point to our Exchange box. Emails going to this company's email will hit our Exchange box and get forwarded to their mail server. We are also creating new email addresses for these users. Any emails going to these addresses will stay on our Exchange servers. Any ideas? Thanks, On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 16:01:27 -0800, Donald <Donald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Is this possible? We are acquiring a company. We would like to have their >MX record point to...

"Connect to bank" broken
I have been unable to download transactions online for a week now. My bank and my ING savings both fail every time. All I get is that "Your account information is being updated, which may take several minutes" message. But no information is ever downloaded. I have moved my file to several computers with different connectivity and nothing. Prior to October 11, I had no problems for several weeks (and it has worked fine for years with each upgrade). I am using Money Plus Home & Business. Any ideas? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, dlovrien@yahoo.com wrote: >I have be...